• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter - 44

Holy shit he just ate a dude's face off. Shot said dude's skull fragment from his mouth, into the head of the comrade. He then screamed so hard the third guy's brain imploded all while being paralyzed from the neck down.
Before that he punched the ground with such force it turned into a crater. This fucking guy, I demand seeing him versus Hisoka. Paprika devoted all of his Nen to focus 100% on the Spiders hence the strength, I guess that makes sense.
H2RvXAw.jpg
eCjSg6W.jpg

Beefeater

Banned
Someone here mentioned that this guy is doing a solo episode on Lupin… Should I be excited or worried?

Hunter x Hunter - 44

Holy shit he just ate a dude's face off. Shot said dude's skull fragment from his mouth, into the head of the comrade. He then screamed so hard the third guy's brain imploded all while being paralyzed from the neck down.
Before that he punched the ground with such force it turned into a crater. This fucking guy, I demand seeing him versus Hisoka. Paprika devoted all of his Nen to focus 100% on the Spiders hence the strength, I guess that makes sense.

Yeahh, about that...

Ace of Diamond 69

Woot woot more support for the Kawakami loyalists. So glad Seido could become a dream team built around my favorite pitcher.
still creyed for Eijun, if he has this subconscious trauma, I dont know how he can get over it. Maybe the anime can stay realistic and not have him get over it until year two...

Haruicchi being disappointed at the first half when Eijun didnt do his usual yelling and such was funny.

Mushi-shi - 7

Chase the Rainbow!

But
don't taste or touch the rainbow, because it might be a mushi and like, possess you.

Another good episode.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 9 (engDub)

Girl power fights this season are just as good as they were in the last. Though it could have used more Chrono but the friendship between the two girls was necessary.

Sterok

Koufuku Graffiti 6

Summer is dangerous. As is certain food combinations. Thankfully Kirin has a stomach of steel. Ryou and Shiina, not so much.

Cross Ange 19

The ride never ends. At least Embryo is courteous. Salia is still terrible. And it seems she did sleep with him after all. Ersha and Chris at least have more reasonable motives to be loyal to him. Sylvia is far and away the funniest character in the show. She should be called the Whip Princess. Oh hey, Ange is stealing Embryo from Salia. That should go well. Headshots don't faze him, but tounge bites sting. Heh. Jill still has stuff to do I guess. Preview once again confirms Chris as the best.

Go Princess Precure 3

No Twinkle today, but can things stay interesting even without her? Kind of. Yui looks weird without her glasses. The opening keeps on changing. Strict people in the dorm. Always a pleasure to work with. Haruka and Minami being friendly should be good fodder for the rumor mill. First thing that I could see going someplace interesting potentially. Puff discovered. Time to make everyone like the dog/tanuki/weird alien creature that doesn't look like anything on Earth. Hopefully Yui gets in on everything before long. Second villain is Shut. Why not. Close and Shut look like they'll get along well. The Three Musketeers? Didn't Suite already have that? So we get two monsters anyway. Congrats to Puff for having a decently hard head I guess. Fights are already easy for the Cures. Not looking good for tension. Aroma just sneaks his way into the deal. Time for Kirara. I'm going to have high hopes for her.

phaze

Deadman Wonderland 09-12 END
001272pxsez.png
001277wks2t.png
001274ajslz.png

This prison's rehabilitation facilities success rates are off the charts.

I'm not angry I'm just disappointed.

I suppose it's my fault for not checking if this adaptation had some definitive ending. As it is, the last four episodes focused on the pointless breakout plot that went nowhere and obfuscated the more interesting, Red Man plot. Oh well, I've got my dose of blood and psychos so it was not a totally wasted effort. Unfortunately the edgy stuff was so terrible you couldn't help but roll your eyes and laugh at it.

OP is pretty great though.

e_i

Shirobako episode 14

I wonder if I reach through the screen and rip THEIR GODAMN TONGUES OUT. Really, 3/4 of an episode with three guys yelling at each other?

And alright, we now have
four of the girls working at the same studio.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Chrome Shelled Regios ep 9 - 11

AHAHAHAHA so that whole engrish side plot at the start of every damn episode...it was fucking filler, a movie! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME OH MY GOD!

All characters still suck. I might be done with this now.

Possibly onto the next terrible series.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Cinderella girls 6
In this episode, we witness Producer A+ communication skills. Such persuasion. Much argument. Very convincing. Wow!
Motorbike-chan should have really consider her position and not blaming producer. Her expectation for a debut is unrealistic.
Both parties at fault here.

Shirobako 18

Veteran background guy is so damn moe.
Holy shit, taking 5 show at the same time!? No wonder he missed out so many details.
Titanic studio indeed. Now we only need to see it sink.
Our hero arrive! Yano-sama to the rescue!
And Taro surprisingly didn't fuck anything up.

Jex

Last few bits and bobs from Anime A History that you may find interesting:

On Space Cruiser Yamato

Two or three months after the broadcast [i.e. around the beginning of 1975] middle and high-school aged fans began to make frequent appearance at the studio, full of curiosity and amazement. We didn't know it, but it was an early sign of a coming anime boom. They included enthusiastic girls who came by plane from Kyushu and we gave them several cels and background paintings as souvenirs. because they had taken such great pains. These cels now have the same street value as drugs, but in those days they were just a waste of space.

On Film Revenue

A film that earns 1 billion yen at the Japanese box office only returns an average of 100 million yen. A film that earns only 05. billion yen at the contemporary Japanease box office actually costs its owners 100 million yen in shortfall on fees.

On Animators around the world

Ironically, the grown of such amateur animators in Japan is vastly outweighed by the rise of trained professionals in China, where some 466,000 a year graduate from high-tech schools and colleges.

On Subcontracting Studios

"It is so easy to create a subcontracted TV anime production company. It is because 90 percent of the cost is labour and hardly any investment is required. As long as you have money to rent a studio and to buy desks for animators all you need is people. You could start an animation production company tomorrow. But they also go bust quickly, too - just like bars. Because the production cost is cheap, subcontractors never make a big profit. You are lucky if you are not making a loss. As soon as you start doing a different job and efficiency level drops, or n animator quits, the business goes downhill."

Jarmel

Banned
No way is that film cost/profit figure right without a shitload of caveats. Otherwise nobody would bother making animated films in the first place.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Last few bits and bobs from Anime A History that you may find interesting:

On Space Cruiser Yamato

On Film Revenue

On Animators around the world

On Subcontracting Studios

I wonder if that enthusiastic girl ever got a chance working in the anime industry.

Film revenue is damn disheartening. I guess creative industry always tough, no matter what the time.

daveo42

Banned
Weekly Anime Roundup:

Log Horizon
S2 E19
Expected an episode full of battle and left with some really strong plot and character development.
The Odyssey Knights haven't lost their minds or souls...they just want to get back to the real world and dying lets them glimpse into the lives they want to go back to. Not sure why I didn't think about that, but damn that makes what appears to be a bout of insanity make a lot of sense. It's coming up on a full year since the Apocalypse so it makes tons of sense that there would be individuals who would die just to see a glimpse of home, even at the cost of their own memories.

Tohya's interaction too was pretty solid. Makes sense he'd feel that way, though the flip side gives you an insight to how some people may view the game world and its inhabitants.

Lastly...damn that's crazy what Minami is doing with some of the People of the Land. Crazier still that this whole biz is being led by one of their own and using them as a resource. Shit's getting bonkers.

Tokyo Ghoul Root A E6
They did an okay job in getting some of the needed back story out of the way for our main characters, which is something that was needed. For the most part, the anime adaptation here worked since they didn't really fuck with all that much.

Too bad everyone, and I do mean everyone looked off model. It's like they decided to hire artists that knew how to do backgrounds and animals, but had zero clue how to draw a human.

2XlR8t5l.png

Exactly what CCG needs...Vash the Stampede!

Death Parade E6
Seeing the another Arbiter was a nice change, same with how things played out between the two characters this week. Loved how they ended the episode, though I wonder if either of those two will stick around past this one episode.

Yoru no Yatterman E6
Another solid episode, though I felt like they downplayed
that one guy's death in his greenhouse.
It also seems like we will be getting a lot of info on General Garo and Galina and Alouette's true place and connection in the world.

Parasyte E18
A somewhat surprising first half than second and appears to be moving fairly fast towards its conclusion. Still enjoying it despite some apparent shortfalls.

Rolling Girls E6
I wish I could ride a motorcycle like that. Still the best part has to be the vice captain and him revving the engine every time he talked. The action-oriented stuff still looks good, though I am missing some of the early fights we got in episode 1 and 2.

JoJo's Stardust Crusaders E30
Magnets. How do they work?

Is the majority of this arc just the viewers and characters being trolled? I feel like that's what is happening here. Even more goofy, but I love it anyway. Always curious how they get out of these situations, which of course will most likely include Iggy doing something seemingly random to dick over the stand user.

Goddamnit Toei.

Is...is that supposed to be Koala?

FluxWaveZ

Hunter x Hunter - 47

Well fuck.. I liked that guy. Paprika is insane.

You liked the crazy, sadistic dude who was partly responsible for the destruction of Kurapika's friends and family, and felt no remorse for it?

The Phantom Troupe are all assholes. I was with Kurapika all the way.

THE MANGA HAS BUNNYGIRLS? I NEED TO SEE THIS
SHOW EVIDENCE

Too late cajun , dog days has :
-dog girls
-cat girls
-bunny girls
-horse girls
-squirrel girls
-bunny boys
-lion boys
-lion girls
-fox girls

and the list goes and goes and goes on ..

You name it , it's in dog days

Wait why haven't you watched this show already ?

WATCH IT !! it's an order !

Yoru no Yatterman 06

This show has got to have some huge twist lying in wait. They didn't show who exactly ruled the Yatter Kingdom but I think that's pretty obvious somethings up. A surprising twist would be it actually totally is Yatterman 1 and 2 running this.

The dog that cornered Gatchan is the same dog in the photo, that much is obvious. But is Goro their dad?

-----------------------------------

Goddamnit Toei.

It was official Fuck It Week at Toei Animation in general.

fm17272xcrcj.gif

That's every week at Toei Animation.

Best part of the show!
I will never get sick of edgy engrish metal OPs. Except Parasyte's and Bahamuts those suck

John Blade

Just finish the show few minutes ago and I am trying to let the entire show sink it down a bit here (beside, just watch the show in 3 days). For the time been, I will say this, this show feel fresh and like the new style of storytelling. You don't see this too often in anime and for this, I like it quite a bit to the point I might consider to look at the director other work he did now.

The ending (or how it get to the end of the show) was weird but after thinking about it a bit and try to understanding the character dialogue, you start to understanding quite well of the whole situation and what is happening. Basically, in short forum, the whole situation is happening because the 1st victim character basically lie about her past incident and didn't face it directly. This become a major issue during the show as the person who cause the issue become a monster and difficult to fight it. All she have to do is to face her issue direct then just try to run away from it.

The only nick-pick I will say is wishing the cop wife didn't die. The flashback of her life and the cop basically explain the situation and also cop trying to escape his reality. Seeing her pass away break the spell and force him to realize he can't live in his fantasy world anymore (almost the same as the female character). Still, kinda wish his wife survive in the end but I don't see it in the final scene.

Overall, love the show quite a bit and might re watch it later this year as I like the character development for the character who is victim in the show and also the story and plot development.

Now, I am off to watch my next anime which I never have a chance to watch yet but watch the OVA, TV series, side series, and many more......but never watch the movie. I am going to stop myself and watch Ah My Goddess The Movie, a series I have fond watching it even though they're few issue you can say for this series. Who here is a fan of Ah My Goddess?

Now, I am off to watch my next anime which I never have a chance to watch yet but watch the OVA, TV series, side series, and many more......but never watch the movie. I am going to stop myself and watch Ah My Goddess The Movie, a series I have fond watching it even though they're few issue you can say for this series. Who here is a fan of Ah My Goddess?

I am.

Aww.. why not, if they want to do it this is the appropriate time, Sawamura can made his glorious return at the end of season that interconnected to new season!

The manga gets good at bringing in just the right amount of new blood and interpersonal conflict to keep things interesting.

I'm not angry I'm just disappointed.

I suppose it's my fault for not checking if this adaptation had some definitive ending. As it is, the last four episodes focused on the pointless breakout plot that went nowhere and obfuscated the more interesting, Red Man plot. Oh well, I've got my dose of blood and psychos so it was not a totally wasted effort. Unfortunately the edgy stuff was so terrible you couldn't help but roll your eyes and laugh at it.

I warned ya.

cajunator

Banned
I finished my Cardcaptor Sakura blu-rays, what do now?

Watch the entire Genshiken series. All three parts including Nidaime.

Oreshura Episode 3

;___; Those feels man. Chiwa is amazing, I love her.

Also, Oreshura may have the most adorable ending in the world, omg.

The most adorable? Those are big words my friend. I know some moenuke tier endings.

Lord of Lords: Ryu Knight - 1

So this is a 90s mecha anime with a big fantasy setting.

Mecha design is a bit strange, but considering other mecha designs nowadays, it could have been much worse.

I read this as Magic Knight Rayearth because Im blind. You should watch Magic Knight Rayearth.

Midonin

Graffiti 06

Because I always watch this on Sundays instead of Thursdays when it airs, I feel like I'm out of the loop, but I liked this episode. Sweaty bath scenes are always worth it.

Maria 06

She may be doing it to mind her own business, but Maria is still one of the sweetest persons in this show. Even Eze is starting to come around to her side.

Yatterman Night 06

Seeing Leopard reconfirm her mission made the episode for me. Any time that speech comes up is going to be a shining moment, and this is no exception. I'm hoping that Galina and Ally end up taking up the heir of Yatterman in the future, too. Can't have a team of "heroes" without five - especially since they have a common enemy.

World Break 06

Still vaguely culty, still feeling like the successor to Seitokai Yakuindomo at times, but it's never boring.

Cross Ange 19

This isn't what I had in mind when I was thinking that the world could do with more girl-centric mecha series, but the themes it's trying to put forward are actually kind of thoughtful, in their own weird way.

Jarmel

Banned
Uhm, what is this?

Since duckroll is slacking, I'll fill in for a bit. Kekkai Sensen (or Blood Blockade Battlefront) is an upcoming Spring 2015 anime by BONES, of Eureka Seven/Wolfs Rain/Fullmetal Alchemist fame. The original manga was initially a one-shot by Yasuhiro Nightow, the mangaka of Trigun, and was later expanded into regular serialization. It's currently published in the United States under Dark Horse and there are nine source volumes released so far.
The setting of the manga is basically some sort of dimensional warphole appeared over New York and both wrecked and rebuilt the city overnight. Now there are monsters roaming all over the city and so both the humans and monsters live together inside a barrier over old New York, now called Jerusalem's Lot. So Leonard, the main character, arrives in Jerusalem's Lot and through a series of mishaps ends up joining Libra, a small organization that protects the barrier around Jerusalem's Lot. He's a journalist who is trying to help his disabled sister. The other lead is the leader of Libra, Klaus, who is some sort of other monster breed. The manga is very much action oriented and somewhat badly drawn.
iIXH9xvWtVDB3.jpg

Blue Exorcist movie.
Anyway Rie Matsumoto is the director for the anime, she's fairly well regarded due to Kyousougiga. She should actually be a good fit for the work, mainly in the surreal portrayal of life in the city. Jerusalem's Lot is sort of an insane place now and she should be able to convey that fairly well. The art director is Shinji Kimura, who was responsible for the amazing background art in the Blue Exorcist movie along with Tekkonkinkreet. He's very skilled and should pump out some amazing work with BONES production values. Toshishiro Kawamoto is doing the character designs and fixing how bad the manga designs are. So visually the show should be the best or one of the best coming out of Spring.

The manga isn't anything deep but it should be a lot of fun animated. At least there aren't any Shakespeare quotes.

Seiken tsukai no world break - 06

I reallly wanted to praise this episode ( that wasn't bad ) or awesome ..it was just great ...
Really , most of the cast had their time to shine , the MC did his cheated sentence and acted like a cheated character, but the episode was still fun to watch ... You trully felt like that team of character was trying something and honnestly the plan wasn't that bad considering the limited amount of info they had on their ennemy.

Trully i enjoyed those first 22 minutes...

and then ....

On of the most shamefull display of " we couldn't finish this scene on time" i've ever seen .

See the picture above ? that's what i'm seeing . What i want to see ? The cast interracting with each other after their victory on the beach nearby ...
But instead i got this mess and some quick ( illusionnary ) pictures from previous episodes to fill the giant void ..

WTF

It's not even that they want me to buy the blu-rays or something they really couldn't finish the episode on time.

Clap clap... perfect way to finish an episode on low note.
i won't even talk on the numerous still pictures during the fight , the reused scenes , the mouth of certain character moving when they aren't talking ( ???? ) and the mess of that final attack, that became extra cheap since we didn't see it ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anime de Wakaru Shinryounaika

I have no idea why this exists, or why they tackled ED in the first episode.
NXbH1Ell.jpg

3Q3oNmOl.jpg

And while they made the "people obsessed with 2d are unable to perform with 3d girls" joke, I actually laughed at this dumb punchline:
cOcEq3Jl.jpg

10D8KXWl.jpg

4d girls. lol

Jex

No way is that film cost/profit figure right without a shitload of caveats. Otherwise nobody would bother making animated films in the first place.

Dammit Jarmel, now I'm going to have to explain:

Hence, although it is possible for a film to pay for itself on theatrical exhibition, it remains unlikely that theatrical exhibition itself will monetise anything but the most surefire box-office hits...

However, theatrical exhibition has other benefits. In the case of the film Zatch Bell: Attack of the Mekavulcan (2005), its unimpressive 460 million yen cinema takings suggest that its owners were left with a shortfall of 100 million yen. But such an expense included 300 million yen of promotion and advertising for the film, generating posters, advertising spots and merchandise, all of which pushed the brand, advertised the manga and game spin-offs and promoted the inevitable DVD release of the film. Meanwhile the identification of Zatch Bell as a 'film' rather than a humble TV series or manga, guaranteed it coverage outside normal venues, in cinema listings magazines and newspaper movie round-ups...For the production committee participants who stand to sell more manga or computer games as a result, the Zatch Bell film could be seen as a superb economy of marketing...

...We might also note implications of such statistics - that the biggest risk of all cinema anime in the twenty-first century would be to release an entirely original, standalone film. This brings with it the corollary, that the most likely anime films to be release will require the audience to already be familiar with the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom