• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I can't understand why anyone would be mad at Producer. He gave Mio the hard truth when she was acting like a spoiled brat.

Don't get me wrong Mio was acting ridiculous and childish, but producer should've been more delicate with her when dropping those truth bombs. He basically went "duh, no shit", which turned their bad situation into a terrible one.

Jarmel

Banned
Don't get me wrong Mio was acting ridiculous and childish, but producer should've been more delicate with her when dropping those truth bombs. He basically went "duh, no shit", which turned their bad situation into a terrible one.

He put it politely. That's about as much as most people can hope for. I know a few people would have worded it in such a way that it would have destroyed her.

phaze

I was going to say 'best Gonzo show' is a secret insult of sorts. lol
At any rate you seem bent to hide how much you enjoyed it!

I haven't seen any other display of Gonzo's talent so it's technically true!

I watch it for the WWII stuff.

At least i choose to believe so.

So the fma 03'd it despite having an almost completeled manga to work with? Lol fail

It's really hard to describe. They drastically changed one crucial plot point and then tried to bend the manga material to it. The results are not pretty. It might still very well end the same way manga did though.

Narag

Go! Princess Precure 3

29WnBXJl.png

Cute ep, should've just been Puff running around doin' thangs without shoehorning in the monster of the week ~chu

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
She's so elegant. I love her design!
whats this about? Is it drama?
usmz1Hb.gif

A 2009 production, so it has all those late 2000's tropes everyone loves. It's a Drama set in the mid 1980's.
The girls themselves are pretty entertaining and get their own arcs and episodes and setups and personalities, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a harem. Nobody really hesitates to manipulate each other but because of that I actually don't really know what's happening anymore. I think someone(s) is going to do something batshit insane by the end of the show. Someone here is gonna break and I don't know who it is just yet. All I know is that when that happens. It will be glorious.

Oh yeah. And that girl (Rina) and MC's girlfriend (Yuki) are idols. So there's the conflict.

Yeah, Rina is pretty much the best character on the show so far. This scene was so rewarding. I feel like I just got the payoff for something but I have no idea what it was for. Which means it's the setup for something (I stopped in the middle of the episode to type this).
pLjw5sE.gif

These gifs aren't disgustingly big or something are they? I'm just using GifCam and default settings.

Ouch this is some harsh stuff, is it just a bad adaptation of a good manga or is the story just garbage in any form?

The adaption as a standalone is good/average but as a manga adaption its pretty shit. The anime pretty much strips a lot of things that makes the manga really fuckin good. The story in the manga is well written and you can see that the Author actually put thought into his series. It's just that Studio Pierrot didn't faithfully adapt the series, which is why it may seem like trash. So I advice you to read the manga first because it's really solid and then you can decide whether you want to watch the anime.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 2

What is Jack Atlus talking about. You can win with *only* monster cards.

Yusei is the persons deck that I always try to build mine after. I always have scrap-iron scarcrows.

[Aria the Natural] - 03

There's Al-kun, he's a gnome and is about the gravity, the gravitational attraction.
The girls said Al-kun is older but I can't identify his age, I would say he's young, but how old is Al-kun?
First gondolas in high heels and now rooftops in high heels, this can't be safe.
Akari can't take a hint...or maybe she can.
Bad puns shouldn't be allowed!

Midonin

Sailor Moon R 35-36

Time travel is a more complicated process in the Sailor Moon verse than I expected. First things have to be cleared with Pluto, then there's the extradimensional space between all of that, and then you can arrive at the scheduled point. Hell of a way to spread time travel out over one episode, but I'm glad that the storyline has started moving in such a way. Chibiusa is starting to show a bit more initiative as well. Her super slingshot can actually do a bit of damage if she puts some Moon Power into it. Now to see what Crystal ends up doing with Pluto.

SDBurton

Rolling Girls - 06

Really loving this show. Originally I was wishing
each of the girls would claim a stone and become a best. But considering how awesome they are as of now, I'd be fine if they didn't.

Syrinx

[Aria the Natural] - 03

There's Al-kun, he's a gnome and is about the gravity, the gravitational attraction.
The girls said Al-kun is older but I can't identify his age, I would say he's young, but how old is Al-kun?
First gondolas in high heels and now rooftops in high heels, this can't be safe.
Akari can't take a hint...or maybe she can.
Bad puns shouldn't be allowed!

He's around the same age as Akatsuki and Woody I think. The "older" comment may have been about his "old man jokes", as Aika says?

Blusby

Ouch this is some harsh stuff, is it just a bad adaptation of a good manga or is the story just garbage in any form?

The story is bad across mediums but the main character is the manga's redeeming factor, and the anime makes even him a shit lol.

So yeah it's a bad adaptation with quite a bit of anime original material.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 2

What is Jack Atlus talking about. You can win with *only* monster cards.

Yusei is the persons deck that I always try to build mine after. I always have scrap-iron scarcrows.

I was actually rewatching this via crunchyroll, and laughed at that part since they've since introduced a character and deck type whose whole gimmick is that the deck is only made up of monsters, and using any spell or trap cards would make the deck LESS viable (Super Heavy Samurai in arc v, which is used by Gogenzaka, one of the main characters)

Yuri Kuma Arashi 7
Pretty good episode aside from Kureha being blind as a bat. The backstory for Ginko was good and at least that girl who led the burning of the garden got eaten by a bear

He's around the same age as Akatsuki and Woody I think. The "older" comment may have been about his "old man jokes", as Aika says?

Because of the gnomes characteristics, he can be an old man, I just wouldn't say it because we saw old gnomes in the end of S1.

[Aria the Natural] - 04

It's one fucking day off man!
The red postboxes are dumb, as show by Akari attempt to get the letters.
Mailman is the man, but it's still just one fucking day off!

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Bwahahaha. I don't know. This show cracks me up and I don't know why. I'm really just enjoying myself with this. Maybe it's a result of watching a drama with my brain off.

Anyway, slutty MC meets yet another of his "goddesses" which means god only knows what. Then the rest of the harem gets confused and jealous and misunderstanding-y. Then this happens and that happens. Really, I think this sums up the show in a nutshell. Don't ask me why.

e0aXdrX.gif

Godspeed MC. I prophesize you'll meet death by harem stabbing or something equally hilarious.
Trying to make the gifs as small as possible. Will go smaller next time.

Sterok

Yuri Kuma 7

I didn't realize being set on fire got you a fever. I'll keep that in mind. Another good antagonist bites the dust. Backstory is nearly done. All we need to do now is confirm Ginko's great crime.

^mehsosphere is a layer of earth's atmosphere that contains all the love it/hate it anime that people are divided upon. Whether you enjoy it is entirely up to you. I didn't watch it though so somebody who did can help you out more.

Yuri Kuma Arashi 07

This is a weird show, as it actually improves after the first three episodes and for a lot of shows it's the complete opposite. This is probably one of the only ones I could think of.

I kind of feel bad for Lulu, she seems like a third wheel here but maybe she can squeeze into a threesome end!
By the way I think this was the first episode with something after the ED so if you missed it go back and watch it.
This show is legit good now, if you dropped it after the first three episodes pick it back up and see if you like it.

Dat new ED is lewd af

Hey....Uh how's Coppelion?

Pretty bad, I'm surprised anyone remembered it existed by now.

What exactly made you interested anyway?

pariah164

So, I just finished marathon/binge watching Magica Madoka (all episodes) and the Rebellion movie.

I should not have watched the movie. FML.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Pretty bad, I'm surprised anyone remembered it existed by now.

What exactly made you interested anyway?

Well, I was browsing Amazon the other night, and since I'm going to an Anime convention(first time) I needed to look for Anime to check out(and price comparisons). I happen to see this and the cover looked interesting.

I don't know, man. At least getting season one of Space Dandy doesn't sound bad.

Well, I was browsing Amazon the other night, and since I'm going to an Anime convention(first time) I needed to look for Anime to check out(and price comparisons). I happen to see this and the cover looked interesting.

I don't know, man. At least getting season one of Space Dandy doesn't sound bad.

Space Dandy is good. First season is spotty, but the second season has some amazing episodes. I think the blu-ray is pretty cheap for that series too.

So, I just finished marathon/binge watching Magica Madoka (all episodes) and the Rebellion movie.

I should not have watched the movie. FML.

Inb4 Homura did nothing wrong.

But yes, screw Madoka Rebellion. Still waiting on that sequel to fix everything!

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 6

I want to like you Gaiking. I like the super robot spirit you have. Really, I do. But when I see stuff like this:

Yeah.

And they apparently decided that one episode without the theme song playing during a climax was apparently too much, so guess what they did in this episode!

Tuck

Samurai Flamenco Episode 17
5 cours of tv crammed into 2! Where will this story go next? I honestly couldn't tell you!

One of the most entertaining anime I've seen in a while, I gotta say.

SDBurton

Yuri Kuma Arashi (aka LESBIAN BEAR STORM) - 07

Kureha finally gets it! Gaaaaahhh I can't wait for next week to see where they'll go from this realization. And it looks like Lulu
just found out about Ginko's lack of intervention in saving Sumika. *foreboding voice*"YURI KUMAAAAAAA~!!!"

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Space Dandy is good. First season is spotty, but the second season has some amazing episodes. I think the blu-ray is pretty cheap for that series too.

I was also interested in Ghost in the Shell: Arise. but it seemed too "short" for me.

So right now: I wanna get Space Dandy, High School DxD (I know) Tenchi Muyo Universe and OVA. Maybe whenever Outlaw Star gets the blu-ray treatment too.

Al is 19 years old.
Pc01N29.jpg

Akari and Aika are 16.

Well, there it's, old man confirmed. Thanks.

[Aria the Natural] - 05

Every country has their own island?! But Neo-Venezia is already Japan/Italy.
I wonder how Japan and Brazil ended with the same meaning for a sunshower, but here it could mean a widow's wedding too...hmm Brazil island...hmm
That's theft!
And here there's something the Mailman could do in a day off.
Loved the extra Alicia screen time. ~ara ara

Clov

isn't the whole series pretty fucking pricey and didn't even include soundtrack for that price? I can't recall. All I know is that I was disappointed.

As far as I know, it's in line with Funimation's regular prices. The limited edition is more expensive, but doesn't have a soundtrack, I think. It's not the whole series though, just the first season. Second season isn't up for preorder yet, as far as I know.

It's not really that expensive though, unless we are entering an age when even Funimation releases are considered too expensive. Are buyers waiting for the industry to crash again, to try and grab their favorite titles for a few dollars each?
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom