• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persona 3 FES
burnttoast.jpg

Should I watch the movies the in game anime cutscenes were some of the worst I have ever seen besides the opening one

Persona 3 FES

Should I watch the movies the in game anime cutscenes were some of the worst I have ever seen besides the opening one

are you ready to wait ages? Part 1 was great, part 2 comes out on blu-ray early next month and part 3 comes out on japanese theaters not too far off. The issue was that the part 2 blu-ray took like 8+ months to come out if not more. If you have the means to play the game do so.

faridmon

Blue Exorcist the Movie

I thought it was OK. Still the same dumb writing and characterization that made the series more of a slug to go through. The visuals and the Animation were terrific which elevates it a lot, but its a run-of-the-mill shonen clichee of Anime.

But I have to say, some of those Background arts were bloody gorgeous.

6/10

are you ready to wait ages? Part 1 was great, part 2 comes out on blu-ray early next month and part 3 comes out on japanese theaters not too far off. The issue was that the part 2 blu-ray took like 8+ months to come out if not more. If you have the means to play the game do so.

I beat the game last night just wondering if there was any reason to watch the movies

I'm probably gonna skip NG+ and The Answer and just YouTube that stuff because if I have to play more of that battle system my head will explode

Ah. Well if you just beat the game I personally wouldn't see a reason as the only reason I care about the films is because it's been a while and P5 got me hyped for Persona. The movie looks pretty enough I guess. And yeah FES doesn't allow you to control party members right? P4G spoiled me I can't go back to that.

jgminto

I beat the game last night just wondering if there was any reason to watch the movies

I'm probably gonna skip NG+ and The Answer and just YouTube that stuff because if I have to play more of that battle system my head will explode

If you want to see a nice looking version of the P3 cutscenes and can deal with a mopily-played MC and drama shoehorned into boss battles it's a decent experience.

Ah. Well if you just beat the game I personally wouldn't see a reason as the only reason I care about the films is because it's been a while and P5 got me hyped for Persona. The movie looks pretty enough I guess. And yeah FES doesn't allow you to control party members right? P4G spoiled me I can't go back to that.

Yeah it's the worst shit ever I don't know what they were thinking

If you want to see a nice looking version of the P3 cutscenes and can deal with a mopily-played MC and drama shoehorned into boss battles it's a decent experience.

Guess I'll skip it then.
SMT anime don't seem to be very good anyway (DeSu2 cough cough)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

If you finish the game, i think the only reason you want to watch the movie is just to see how they animate the persona fight and see the protag presentation in the movie.
Unlike Yu "Swag" Narukami, Makoto don't have much of a personality in part 1. The movie skip S.Link content and focus on the main story. There's a few cool scene here and there (YMMV). overall, I think the movie is just average and feel very rushed.

If you finish the game, i think the only reason you want to watch the movie is just to see how they animate the persona fight and see the protag presentation in the movie.
Unlike Yu "Swag" Narukami, Makoto don't have much of a personality in part 1. The movie skip S.Link content and focus on the main story. There's a few cool scene here and there (YMMV). overall, I think the movie is just average and feel very rushed.

They are actually developing Makoto's personality in the Movies. You actually see him create a closer bond with his teammates. Fuck I mean in the recent trailer you actually see him hug Aigis. So yeah he isn't actually devoid of a personality, you see him grow as a character.

Yeah it's the worst shit ever I don't know what they were thinking

Guess I'll skip it then.
SMT anime don't seem to be very good anyway (DeSu2 cough cough)

What? I'd say the Movies are well worth your time. Going by the first Movie it is by far the best anime adaption of the persona series or SMT in general.

Wasn't that the whole point? Most of part 1 paints him as the emotionless "I don't care" personality until he gets called out on it and then learns how to feel emotions.

Wasn't that the whole point? Most of part 1 paints him as the emotionless "I don't care" personality until he gets called out on it and then learns how to feel emotions.

Yeah. And I feel like the apathetic demeanor was always meant to be his "canon" personality, based on his design, body language, and the dialogue options he gets (Compare to P3's FeMC who gets far more energetic and upbeat dialogue options as a rule)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
They are actually developing Makoto's personality in the Movies. You actually see him create a closer bond with his teammates. Fuck I mean in the recent trailer you actually see him hug Aigis. So yeah he isn't actually devoid of a personality, you see him grow as a character.

What? I'd say the Movies are well worth your time. Going by the first Movie it is by far the best anime adaption of the persona series or SMT in general.

I know, that's why i specifically mention part 1. The character development is not fleshed enough IMO. Not enough screentime for all the characters and all that.

Yeah, but i wish they handle it better though.

This one of the many reasons why I prefer Makoto to Yu imo because you actually see Makoto develop as a character, unlike Yu where everyone jumps on his ass because muh swag. I mean even Yosuke wants some of Yu with his cheesy partner shit.

Jex

http://kokaku-a.jp/tv/

The details on the GitS Arise TV series are finally out. It's a ten episode series, remixing the existing Arise episodes into two episodes each, with two brand new episodes at end. They're reordering them too, since it starts with the final Arise story with the team together so audiences can see familiar faces, then they'll explore how they were recruited after that. The entire TV project is meant to be a lead-in for the new GitS film this Summer, so yeah, that's 100% Arise continuity now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks for the garbage, PIG.

Yu and Minato/Makoto/Door-kun don't really have much of a personality, beyond Yu being a swagmaster because of all those memes. But SMT protags are always just blank slates for the most part, except for Raidou, I think

Potter-kun at least looks like he has one. Doubt it though

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Having trouble deciding what to watch next: Tsuritama, .hack//Sign, or Uchouten Kazoku. Any suggestions?

Uchoten Kazoku
Tsuritama is also good, but i like Uchoten Kazoku better.

.hack//sign while you can enjoy the story, there are several plot thread that are resolved in the video game

Thoraxes

As far as I know, it's in line with Funimation's regular prices. The limited edition is more expensive, but doesn't have a soundtrack, I think. It's not the whole series though, just the first season. Second season isn't up for preorder yet, as far as I know.

It's not really that expensive though, unless we are entering an age when even Funimation releases are considered too expensive. Are buyers waiting for the industry to crash again, to try and grab their favorite titles for a few dollars each?
:p

My standard LE for first release is ~$37 with my Got Anime discount and shipping. Chump change as far as far as anime pricing is concerned.

Yuri Kuma arashi - 07

Now i'm just waiting for inévitable twist when it'll be revealed that
the headmaster is a bear too and she was the one who pulled the strings and killed kureha mother

I mean you know this twist is coming, right ?

I could've told you that like 5 weeks ago. Her
hair (beehive style) and position at the school (interpret as queen bee of the hive)
gave it away all the way back from her first conversation in episode 2 and the first scene of episode 3. The names too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom