• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuri Kuma arashi - 07

Now i'm just waiting for inévitable twist when it'll be revealed that
the headmaster is a bear too and she was the one who pulled the strings and killed kureha mother

I mean you know this twist is coming, right ?

Totakeke

Yuri Kuma arashi - 07

the headmaster is a bear too and she was the one who pulled the strings and killed kureha mother

Nah
Lulu
is the one behind everything.

Kuma Shock.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every bear so far has had "Yuri" in their names so.

Yes.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
As far as I know, it's in line with Funimation's regular prices. The limited edition is more expensive, but doesn't have a soundtrack, I think. It's not the whole series though, just the first season. Second season isn't up for preorder yet, as far as I know.

It's not really that expensive though, unless we are entering an age when even Funimation releases are considered too expensive. Are buyers waiting for the industry to crash again, to try and grab their favorite titles for a few dollars each?
:p

I'm glad Funi isn't Aniplex. :p

As far as I know, it's in line with Funimation's regular prices. The limited edition is more expensive, but doesn't have a soundtrack, I think. It's not the whole series though, just the first season. Second season isn't up for preorder yet, as far as I know.

It's not really that expensive though, unless we are entering an age when even Funimation releases are considered too expensive. Are buyers waiting for the industry to crash again, to try and grab their favorite titles for a few dollars each?

Eh I just remembered that it didn't have enough for me to care to buy it. I guess I might wait for a sale later on though.

We're entering an age where anything over streaming prices tends to be too much as people are buying fewer copies of newer shows. Eventually this means prices have to increase somewhere for R1 companies to make money or else we'll see more JP distributors come over and pull Pony/Aniplex. Given the mindset of "collectors" whining and still buying more expensive sets, the market is more elastic to price than what people think.

Generally R1 releases don't include CDs as those tend to come from different companies (Pony Canyon/Aniplex are music producers, so they can include the bonus CDs w/o negotiating prices/rights/contracts to increase the price of a normal set). Funi licensed Space Dandy from Bandai Visual while the music was held by Flying Dog (JVC), so adding any CDs would increase their costs while not adding something a majority of Funi followers want ("I WANT MUH SHOW WITH MUH DUB ONLY!"), so there's little use in including it.

fertygo

We're entering an age where anything over streaming prices tends to be too much as people are buying fewer copies of newer shows. Eventually this means prices have to increase somewhere for R1 companies to make money or else we'll see more JP distributors come over and pull Pony/Aniplex. Given the mindset of "collectors" whining and still buying more expensive sets, the market is more elastic to price than what people think.

Generally R1 releases don't include CDs as those tend to come from different companies (Pony Canyon/Aniplex are music producers, so they can include the bonus CDs w/o negotiating prices/rights/contracts to increase the price of a normal set). Funi licensed Space Dandy from Bandai Visual while the music was held by Flying Dog (JVC), so adding any CDs would increase their costs while not adding something a majority of Funi followers want ("I WANT MUH SHOW WITH MUH DUB ONLY!"), so there's little use in including it.
Did Aniplex USA doing healthy with their business practice? If so, good.

pariah164

Inb4 Homura did nothing wrong.

But yes, screw Madoka Rebellion. Still waiting on that sequel to fix everything!
Homura did everything wrong.

I also have a bunch of theories I could spout, but they'd all be wrong, so may as well save the space.

Fuck Madoka Rebellion. It was pretty good, but then the ending fucked it up.

Did Aniplex USA doing healthy with their business practice? If so, good.

Aniplex is doing pretty well with their business strategies thus far. The change to putting 2-cour series in BD singles (if possible, see Magi for an example of when they can't) was a good move to increase profit with a small increase of costs. While there's some demand for titles that have sub-only DVDs on BD, there's not enough to justify a release like Valvrave. If that sold very well, we could see more of those types of releases for mid-range titles (mid-range meaning in popularity between your Servant x Service and Kill la Kill).

Aniplex's strategy is to ensure they get a good profit from each unit sold and to maximize that for the title in particular. It's working well for them and I'm sure their streaming numbers from Crunchy/Hulu/Netflix are doing well too.

pariah164

Praise Homura, she
resurrected the Mamis.
Not even that can make up for her going full devil. It just feels like the studio/director/someone was like 'no! we can't end this series because it is a cash cow and must continue!' Waste of time. The only good part was Kyubey finally getting curb-stomped.

By the way I think this was the first episode with something after the ED so if you missed it go back and watch it.

Last episode did, too, and that scene was also really important.

Yuri Kuma arashi - 07

Yeah, that seems like the obvious direction things are heading in.

Absolute duo - 07

Goddamit , useless girl .... what a USELESS GIRL you are ..

Absolute%20Duo%20-%2007.jpg

^^^^ oh dammit !!

This is not the moment to scream " tomoe-chan" and wondering "what should i do ?" like a fish out of the water goddamit ..

WHAT THE HECK ??

Your partner , your duo is under attack , this is not the time to wonder "hey i have several spears in front of me blocking the way" ... you have a freaking blaze !!! How is that a problem for you ? You're not even at level 1 , you're already at level 2 or 3 ..what's YOUR DEAL ?
I mean this isn't just someone , it's your best friend, your pillar of support , the one that pull you up and encourage you EVERY FREAKING DAY , and then you need to think "what should i do" , untill you reach a conclusion ?

NO

NO

NO , just NO

What the heck is this character ? what's the heck , seriously ? what's her deal ? what's her purpose ? Are you telling me you want me to think that she is not 300% useless ? it's not a matter of courage or determination , you need to reset her brain , and install another software !

Oh no i'm in love , i think ? oh maybe i'm not ...but this time i think i'm in love ... Oh i'm clumsy ..and i've tripped ...sorry about that and i'm useless ..i can't react in time , i get taken hostage and i freaking can't muster a bit of confidence , unless you think about how you can't reach the bottom ( yet ) , oh and i can't control my weapon well and i'm scared !!!! ..

GET A GRIP, SNAP OUT OF IT , STOP BEING SO USELESS !

For god sake they tried to make her not useless and they failed , HARD ..she sucks , every character has flaws , but goddamn she is flawed beyond repair.

I'd rather have a character that can do everything like a gary stu than see those kind of character that can't act even is desperate situations... hwo many reasons do you need to save your friend she she is in danger , do you REALLY NEED TO THINK ???

USELESS BEING

@r_thanatos:She's like that girl from Clannad. The main one. Fucking useless moe. Same with that one that always said her name.

In fact fuck it, every character in Clannad

Clov

Aniplex is doing pretty well with their business strategies thus far. The change to putting 2-cour series in BD singles (if possible, see Magi for an example of when they can't) was a good move to increase profit with a small increase of costs. While there's some demand for titles that have sub-only DVDs on BD, there's not enough to justify a release like Valvrave. If that sold very well, we could see more of those types of releases for mid-range titles (mid-range meaning in popularity between your Servant x Service and Kill la Kill).

Aniplex's strategy is to ensure they get a good profit from each unit sold and to maximize that for the title in particular. It's working well for them and I'm sure their streaming numbers from Crunchy/Hulu/Netflix are doing well too.

Personally I'm hoping we get more mid-range works on BD. Mostly because I'm really hoping for a BD release of Mushishi S2.

That smug ass smile.

If it wasn't for that hand holding scene, I'm uncertain Ellen would have fully recovered from that.
Nice smile
To annoy you.

Which I might add, she is performing splendidly.

@r_thanatos:She's like that girl from Clannad. The main one. Fucking useless moe. Same with that one that always said her name.

In fact fuck it, every character in Clannad

i was hurting my hand on my table while i watching this episode on my tablet ..i hit the table so hard of frustration at this scene that i almost managed to break something ...

i was like " move dammit , do something , don't just stand there !"

and yeah , she annoy me a great deal , because she is the ONLY FLAW in the show so far ... she is like a tomato stain on a versache vest , once you realise this, you only have anger and annoyance in your mind..

That's how bad it is .... i just can't understand. If they plan to not make her useless , they better start that personnal arc FAST ,

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Woah. That's a pretty major mistake there translating 'deranged' as 'serious'

#The90sConsoleWarNeverEnds
Poor Kibe-kun. He already gets enough abuse on Gamecenter CX. lol

I doubt you'd find many who would argue otherwise.
I most certainly would, though I find both shows enjoyable.
See, there are crazy people!

Homura did everything wrong.

I also have a bunch of theories I could spout, but they'd all be wrong, so may as well save the space.

Fuck Madoka Rebellion. It was pretty good, but then the ending fucked it up.
It's the movie that made the franchise interesting and relevant again. Also the ending is great.

duckroll

http://kokaku-a.jp/tv/

The details on the GitS Arise TV series are finally out. It's a ten episode series, remixing the existing Arise episodes into two episodes each, with two brand new episodes at end. They're reordering them too, since it starts with the final Arise story with the team together so audiences can see familiar faces, then they'll explore how they were recruited after that. The entire TV project is meant to be a lead-in for the new GitS film this Summer, so yeah, that's 100% Arise continuity now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Jarmel

Banned

The details on the GitS Arise TV series are finally out. It's a ten episode series, remixing the existing Arise episodes into two episodes each, with two brand new episodes at end. They're reordering them too, since it starts with the final Arise story with the team together so audiences can see familiar faces, then they'll explore how they were recruited after that. The entire TV project is meant to be a lead-in for the new GitS film this Summer, so yeah, that's 100% Arise continuity now. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Great news. More anime for me to ignore.

Clov

Looks like I can skip it, then! Good to know.

fuck it I can do 6 episodes. Urusei Yatsura is too much of a commitment right now, and men with commitment amirite ladies?

edit: why are the robots doing push-ups? Fucking Japan lol

Get ready for one of the best super robot shows Gainax has ever done.

And let us never speak of it again.

I missed that avatar of yours.

Mushi-shi - 9

A pretty different episode than the other ones in this show. I was surprised by how it all went down.

I liked the debate between Ginko and the head priest in this episode. Both sides realized that in order for village to sustain itself with the harvest, somebody had to get their hands dirty by planting that seed. Neither of them liked to admit it either. It all felt very human and natural, in how there was no real good or bad side to the argument.

I wasn't expecting the dude to become immortal in the end, that's for sure. But apparently even Ginko's apparently willing to break a few rules in order to reach the best possible outcome.

Good episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom