• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can certainly agree there are some extenuating circumstances for those actions, they're just not strong enough for me to make some of those scenarios plausible. I mean, how
many girls would accept a boyfriend who steals their gym cloths and later wrecks the classroom leaving them there
. Not many. (I hope)

If 50 Shades of Gray managed to become super-popular...

Mr.Jeff

[Aria the Natural] - 07

They could stay lost forever, that music...but the
cats are assholes, if they didn't want them there they could just send them back instead of trapping them
Well you could argue that they understand the human condition better than you'd expect. Sending them back would only encourage them to try again. Trapping them and freaking them out had a far greater effect.
I always feel sad they never finish the Cait Sith story in the tv series.

Doremi - 04
Another jam packed episode. Aiko and Hadzuki join Doremi for her antics, some more ground rules are laid and the premise for how they will continue on from now is set out. Some great faces in this ep.

Non Non Biyori - 03
After a disappointing episode 2, this is a return to form largely because of no Hotarun. Each half shows how much Komari and her sister feel the other is dependent on them when really, they're both their for each other.

Midonin

Katanagatari 03

Not a lot of focus on Togame writing her book, but I still liked what this episode had to offer. Togame brought up last time what would happen if Shichika had to get rid of someone who meant no harm, and well... At least, unlike the desert, this is something the Shogunate can do something about. I'm getting those feelings of transience that Japanese works love to delve into, especially in this episode, about a collection of swords that are meant to be disposable. So as I cheat, Thousand Blade Works.

VRMN

Them being in the middle school certainly slipped past me unnoticed. The manga character models make much more sense now. I thought they were looking exceedingly childish there compared to the adaptation.

I can certainly agree there are some extenuating circumstances for those actions, they're just not strong enough for me to make some of those scenarios plausible. I mean, how
many girls would accept a boyfriend who steals their gym cloths and later wrecks the classroom leaving them there
. Not many. (I hope) The show does have 2 or 3 such - over the top moments that I struggle to buy, especially given the seemingly more realistic vibe it appears to aim for.

Not to make too much of a focus on it, but that
Saeki accepted those things when not many people would
is part of the point. She's at least a little
possessive and her disgust, to whatever degree it existed, was mixed with her resentment of Nakamura
. She spent basically all of the last third
in denial about (and rationalizing of) what Kasuga did and whether he was a "pervert."
Remember the scene with Nakamura in the bathroom or outside Kasuga's house. This is what Kasuga couldn't handle.

qnqVGm0.png

t8QMiYs.png

KAWAII as HELL

I'm usually of the opinion that long hair is vastly superior to short hair.

But I have to admit that Serena looks just as good (Maybe even cuter) with her new look.

Akatsuki no yona - 19

Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2019.jpg

Well you're a man
I just love this scene because that was a excellent exemple of Auto cockblocking

Hak and yona have no many barriers to break before they actually begin to form a couple , it's incredible...

Still , i won't lie, ..If my beloved mistress had honey on her hands and i could lick , i would certainly be tempted .. I'm a man after all ...

But , thinking about it , that was kinda a bad move...

Samurai Flamenco - 07
....the fuck?

I had some vague memories after reading the spoilers for this episode a while back but that was certainly not what I expected. Especially after such a grounded plot point about Masayoshi's past at the mid-point.
Either this is just going full crazy or
this is all a really elaborate setup by that production company guy

My friend, the ride is only just beginning.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Samurai Flamenco - 07
....the fuck?

I had some vague memories after reading the spoilers for this episode a while back but that was certainly not what I expected. Especially after such a grounded plot point about Masayoshi's past at the mid-point.
Either this is just going full crazy or
this is all a really elaborate setup by that production company guy
The real samurai flamenco start here!

I like the Maru, enough to buy a plush of him, but come on!

---

I'm sure I'm LTTP, but I'm discovering the trend of "subscribe to a box of shit every month" services that seems to be the new business model to have taken hold, and I found this:

http://oyatsubox.com/
fpimage31-414x350.png

25 bucks to ship a box of Japanese snacks to you every month. Wish I had thought of it, since it seems like a complete no brainer. lol

I'm happy I have a H-Mart near my college so I can just pick this stuff up for half the price.

Tuck

Samurai Flamenco - END
Wow this show went in so many fucking directions. Started off as an anime version of Kick Ass, then because anime Power Rangers, then darted off in three other directions before the series finally ended.

It was a good ride, very entertaining. But I do kind of think the show wanted to be too many things, and didn't devote enough time to each after the Power Rangers bit. The aliens came and went so fast you can't even call it an arc.

In a way, I wish this show had been split into two - the Kick Ass bits and the Power Ranger bits (Everything after, while enjoyable, I could do without). Both sections of the show were great, but they came and went very quickly.

In all, really good show, but more focus in the second have probably would have been a good thing.

So I already dabbled (3-4 episodes) into Uchouten Kazoku some months ago, but since I've forgotten a bunch of it I've started anew, and only 2 episodes in the soundtrack and sound editing seems absolutely superb already. Gotta get that eventually for sure.

e_i

Yatterman Night episode 6

So the general
had something to do with Ally? Was/is he her husband? Boyfriend?

Yatterman Night episode 6

So the general
had something to do with Ally? Was/is he her husband? Boyfriend?

Ehhh...
it's obviously her father that was taken away

[Aria the Natural] - 09

9JMeD6T.jpg

Roundcat nightcap

I always thought Alicia stayed together with Akari, because of them preparing dinner together, it never occurred to me that new employees from Aria Company stayed alone with President Aria there.
SUTEKI ga tomannai.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
J-List also does the snack subscription.
I take it that you don't know about Japan Crate?
Jesus, there's competition in the Japanese snack subscription service? lol

I'm happy I have a H-Mart near my college so I can just pick this stuff up for half the price.
You should just buy the snacks from them wholesale and start your own service. lol

Poyo is Maruvelous.
So long, roundcat. ;___;
I wish I had an Aria sachou plushie. They'd hang out together forever.

that avatar is a privilege and a joy, not a bet.
chu~
I was confused for a moment. lol

[Aria the Natural] - 10

I have a lot of people I know but don't remember the names, when I got back to classes I said to my fellow classmates I hardly remembered their names, it's a lot easier just looking at avatars. :p
Loved Aika freaking out at the stops of the Vaporetto, I wish buses had some way of saying they arrived at a stop because I used to sleep when I used them.

I wish I had an Aria sachou plushie. They'd hang out together forever.

My brother was being drawn in by hahis~ and ehhhs~ and araaras~ and said he would've tried the show...if wasn't for Aria sachou, said he wanted to punch him, haha.

jbug617

Banned
Does Funimation charge at shipping?
Don't know. I really only buy from Amazon and Right Stuf.

Purchased. Some me some Darker than Black. It's a shame it only had one season though.

Right Stuf has the Premium Edition for $59.99
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/P=XDQHsbRlm3ahWO52/browse/item/104959/4/0/0

There is a 2nd Season. The Anime Classic Bluray (includes the OVA also) is also coming out in May.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/P=XDQHsbRlm3ahWO52/browse/item/104958/4/0/0

Tuck

Samurai Flamenco - END
Forgot to mention one thing, Goto and Hazama are totally in love and are a couple. Its canon. #TruthFact #BestShip

[Aria the Natural] - 11

ManHome is really fucked up! Akatsuki's brother is a Elite and his job is to find valuable goods and send them between Aqua and ManHole. :p
I think the first time I heard about Venetian glass was reading Princess Jellyfish.
And at the end one more rival for Akatsuki, right Alicia-san?

LegatoB

DENKI-GAI Episode 3

Makes me not want to ever work at a bookstore (also I wish they would stop looking like awful mob designs :( )

New years rush must be equivalent to our black friday rush?
Winter Comiket is usually held just before New Years. The bookstore in DENKI-GAI is a not-even-slightly veiled version of Toranoana, who have a thriving business in secondhand and consignment doujinshi sales. So, if you missed it at Comiket, or had to work or something, you rush the Akiba bookstores the next day to get it.

If you ever find yourself in Akihabara, just remember, the floor you want is labelled "女性向"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom