• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opening...never....changes! Anyway have fun with CA Arc one of the most polarizing arcs out there in anime. I'm on the love it side, but then again I waited for years through hiatus just to see the arc end in the manga, and then even longer to see it animated.

Someone needs to make a picture " But the opening refused to change" chrono trigger style

The Idolmaster Movie

This felt like a waste of time. Instead of focusing on the characters we already know and like most of the movie revolves around new characters that aren't seen anywhere else in the series. From what little we do get to see of the main crew is fun and we get another 765 Production movie trailer but eh... The final performance was nice but also underwhelming.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Can someone in the know (or at least with a convincing theory) explain who Roe 2 in Log Horizon really is?

I welcome spoilers. I'm at my limit and this is bugging the crap out of me :S

Can someone in the know (or at least with a convincing theory) explain who Roe 2 in Log Horizon really is?

I welcome spoilers. I'm at my limit and this is bugging the crap out of me :S

Pm me and i'll tell you what we know so far from the books

Or you can wait next week since it's when you'll know about it.

Andrew J.

Go! Princess Precure 4

The theme of this episode is Kirara giving NO FUCKS TO ANYONE, BECAUSE SHE'S A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO NEEDS NO PRECURE POWERS!

Actually, I liked the fact that she said HaruHaru. Now it's canon!

HEY, BECOME A PRECURE! DUN GIVE A FUCK, NOT IN MY SCHEDULE!

Monster shows up. Doesn't scream! DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK! TELLS THEM TO GTFO!

SHE LOVES DONUTS, ANYONE WHO LOVES DONUTS WHEN THEiR NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT THEM CAN'T BE A BAD PERSON!

MONSTER SHOWS UP AGAIN, SHE KNOWS HOW TO OPERATE A CRANE! DIDN'T EXPECT THAT. SHE''S FUCKING BATMAN

GETS POWERS, BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE MOTW! MUH SCHEDULE! BTFO

Kirara is everything I was expecting and then some. And the best part? SHE GETS ANOTHER EPISODE

It was worth cancelling my plans to buy pants

Kirbrara
(Today, 07:20 PM)

Pooya

It appears there is another award winning Cross Ange episode this week, 20 episodes in, they still haven't ran out of steam. crazy....

Articalys

Something interesting about the April noitaminA show Punchline:
D8c0IQT.png
Pi1ObFC.png
On the left is the original character design for one of the girls, back when the show was first announced in late November. And on the right is the same character, as of when the show started up promotion again, three days ago.

Now, admittedly, I don't pay a tremendous amount of attention to character design for anime-original series between their reveals and eventual airing, but I really don't think I've seen a design change like this before -- small adjustments to proportions or hair length or such, maybe, but not a complete hair color and skin change, especially when they already used the old design in motion in a PV. Or does this sort of thing happen more often than I'm aware?

What's really funny, though, is that although she has the new design for most of the new PV, you can see a split-second of her original skin color as they quickly show the character portraits in the first few seconds of the video.

Oh, and if you want to see it even more clearly, just flip back and forth between the old and new versions of the key visual from the official site, where the only change made between launch and now is that girl's design.

Edit: I should clarify, I'm not trying to be judgmental one way or another on the change, just pointing out that it's something I don't feel like I've seen before.

Midonin

That's a disappointment. A brown girl voiced by Tomatsu would've been wonderful. She was cuter in her first design.

(And I did see something like this - something to whitewash a darker-skinned character - in the form of a patch for an eroge. I know these things.)

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

On the left is the original character design for one of the girls, back when the show was first announced in late November. And on the right is the same character, as of when the show started up promotion again, three days ago.

Now, admittedly, I don't pay a tremendous amount of attention to character design for anime-original series between their reveals and eventual airing, but I really don't think I've seen a design change like this before -- small adjustments to proportions or hair length or such, maybe, but not a complete hair color and skin change, especially when they already used the old design in motion in a PV. Or does this sort of thing happen more often than I'm aware?

What's really funny, though, is that although she has the new design for most of the new PV, you can see a split-second of her original skin color as they quickly show the character portraits in the first few seconds of the video.

Oh, and if you want to see it even more clearly, just flip back and forth between the old and new versions of the key visual from the official site, where the only change made between launch and now is that girl's design.

That's gross and pitiful but hardly surprising.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can I watch Gatchaman Crowds without having seen any of the previous Gatchaman series? I wanted to watch this one because of Kenji Nakamura's involvement.

Blusby

Can I watch Gatchaman Crowds without having seen any of the previous Gatchaman series? I wanted to watch this one because of Kenji Nakamura's involvement.
Yes, it's completely self-contained and understandable for newcomers. It's pretty much a Gatchaman series in name only.

cajunator

Banned
Yona 1-2

This is great. Legit great. It reminds of Fushigi yugi and Story of Saiunkoku. Excellent soundtrack and Yona is a mega cutie. She can also fend for herself a bit which is awesome.

Chu~

cajunator

Banned

Edit: I should clarify, I'm not trying to be judgmental one way or another on the change, just pointing out that it's something I don't feel like I've seen before.

Well thats an interesting and disappointing change.
chu~

Puruzi

Banned

This is some bullshit innit

Link Man

Banned
So, I've been watching A Certain Scientific Railgun off-and-on for the past few months, just reached the halfway point of Season 2. This show is just incredible: great action, great drama, love the characters and humor, and the art is really well-done (awesome job by J.C. Staff!). This has quickly become one of my favorite action series.

Rolling Girls 6

Awesome episode. I just love how ridiculous everything is.

But why did Chiaya turn into an octopus tho

Yona 1-2

This is great. Legit great. It reminds of Fushigi yugi and Story of Saiunkoku. Excellent soundtrack and Yona is a mega cutie. She can also fend for herself a bit which is awesome.

Chu~

I love this show. Its a solid fantasy adventure with a great cast of characters.

Kirbrara
(Today, 07:20 PM)

I should keep this in mind, I might submit it for a name change.

If I wanted to deal with whitewashing, I'd rather play Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. At least restoring the land from being white washed is part of the PLOT!

None of the two desgins are interesting, so I couldn't care less about it.

Branduil

I can only assume they got Aerial Girl'd by the authortrash generator of the original work.

Oh it's original? No idea then.

Ace of Diamond 70

Spectators of Seido are annoying, Kawakami is a key pillar of the team, Furuya and Sawamura arent the only ones!

Gloomy Sawamura looked oddly pretty. Perhaps he will truly take a season to recover (all of fall tourney?)

Mature

Hyouka - 6
Chitanda gets mad in math class and isn't really sure why, but she is curious as to why her math teacher would get their lesson plan wrong. Why? I don't know, her curiosity is bordering on neurotic.

This was the first episode that didn't really set my world on fire. It was adequately directed, but what was actually there felt so bare bones and irrelevant that it felt hard to care. Can't really think of much else to say!

Hyouka - 6

Chitanda gets mad in math class and isn't really sure why, but she is curious as to why her math teacher would get their lesson plan wrong. Why? I don't know, her curiosity is bordering on neurotic.

This was the first episode that didn't really set my world on fire. It was adequately directed, but what was actually there felt so bare bones and irrelevant that it felt hard to care. Can't really think of much else to say!

Doesn't help that it's stand alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom