• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Idol Master 25

Finally get to see a performance. Too bad the second song was just a montage from other episodes.

The Idol Master 26

These movie trailers are the best thing to come out of this series.

9W9GzVF.gif

http://a.pomf.se/mkiilg.webm

Noticeably bad animation.

But a combination of seeing Simon reappear and watching Vorona's interesting backstory made things pretty enjoyable.

Only wish it took up the entire time instead of having to witness Mikado falling for Izaya's act yet again.

Moaradin

Rolling Girls has been super disappointing. Boring is the worst thing you wanna be for this type of show, but that's exactly what it is. All the main characters are DULL. The green power rangers girl showed more personality in the first episode than any of the main characters have in the past 7.

How many episodes is it supposed to be?

CDiggity

Rolling Girls has been super disappointing. Boring is the worst thing you wanna be for this type of show, but that's exactly what it is. All the main characters are DULL. The green power rangers girl showed more personality in the first episode than any of the main characters have in the past 7.

How many episodes is it supposed to be?

Well, the website says there are 6 BD volumes, so it's probably 12 episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The ultimate problem with Rolling Girls is it just wants to be a more boring version of K-On! and squander all of the potential it had.

CDiggity

The ultimate problem with Rolling Girls is it just wants to be a more boring version of K-On! and squander all of the potential it had.

Hmmm, I think it's more along the lines of it being one of the more unoriginal original stories."Oh hey, let's make a series highlighting regional stereotypes in Japan, nobody has ever done that before. Oh, and we gotta have a group of cute girls as the protagonists, nobody has every done that before. But what would cause them to travel across the country? I know, let's make it a macguffin fetch quest."

Also, I think it comes across as the staff seeing a lot of shows (Yokazura Quartet is the main one imo) and saying "Man, I want to make something like that", and making something similar, but not as good.

Midonin

I guess I'm the only one who's enjoyed Rolling Girls far more as it's gone on.
I'm right there with you. I think there's plenty of elements of the story worth discussing, and the world is pretty imaginative. It all depends on what angle you approach it from.

(And using K-ON! as a scapegoat isn't cool.)

I guess I'm the only one who's enjoyed Rolling Girls far more as it's gone on.

I still like episodes 1 and 2 the best, but it's gotten a lot better since the low point that was episodes 3 and 4. This last one was really good. People are stuck on what it was in the first couple of episodes.

Dog Days S3 - 07

The streak is broken , after 6 episode of impeccable animation , this episode of dogdays is just "good" , especially since that battle wasn't long enough ..

i'm actually quite happy that the presence of "leaf" give the writters the perfect escuse to go in and explain more stuff , next week episode will be great.

But not all is lost "old man" is back , and norio wakamoto talking is still a great moment whenever he is in dogdays . that alone is enough to make me enjoy an episode.

Next week for the flashback ! i expect to learn a lot about the history of the central continent as it was 100 years ago !!

Unlimited fafnir - 07

At least the animation is not crap this week

We're still missing some animation here and there + 2 backgrounds at least.

Oh and 3d giant monsters sucks.. please don't use them too much.

Finally : the drama is horrible .. the worst drama of the 5 harem show of this season.

javac

Excellent to hear. I agree with you about it being a favorite. Surely my favorite anime movie and even one of my favorite movies in any medium. It is beautiful on a profound level. The music is just...sublime.

Sorry for the late reply, I agree 100%. It's probably my favourite anime film I've seen, but I still think Perfect Blue is the better film, but a lot harder to digest for many, naturally with the content it has. It goes without saying that both are amazing films. I agree with you on the soundtrack too! Both the tracks Run and Rotation from Millennium Actress are amazing.

It really is a beautiful film, one that pulls you in from that start and enchants you with its beautiful story about enjoying life to its fullest and holding on to those precious memories. As they say, its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Boogiepop is too grim, I need something lighter to mantain the balance. :p

Ha, I've never felt that when watching something to be honest, I guess I kind of enjoy darker stuff overall. No doubt I've seen things that have made me sick and depressed in anime, but I've never had the need to counterbalance it, even with Texhnolyze. I guess it stems from me only watching a single show at any given time. If it works for you, that's great obviously! :)

fertygo

Rolling Girls - 07

Great episode, I feel the girl finally gelled together, their hijink is so funny.. and the road trip atmosphere is great, I wish they could do more camping banter like this early episode shown. The town is more interesting once again than that afro freak city.. This show just at it best with colorful conflict between over the top extreme faction that last two arc provide again, I love it.

Also this episode have those insane fight again while only brief, some cool background too.

Still the best original show from this season.

Just to think I was really excited for Rolling Girls.
I think I am the reason, every show I get excited for turns into crap.

Less thinking of yourself as some sort of curse.

And more of you realizing that show (and others) couldn't measure up to how you originally hoped it would turn out to be.

Hunter x Hunter - 76

Ah, this must be the start of the Chimera Ant arc. It kind of bugs me (pun intended) how it's more or less the same OP but changed visuals. New ED is okay, but my favorite is the second ED so far.
This arc seems to have a lot of fantasy creatures judging by the OP, so I'm already more stoked than that of Greed Island. I'm gonna miss Bisky slightly, but the new guy Kite seems like a good replacement. I hope there's some time dedicated to Paprika and Leorio, haven't seen those guys in a while.

faridmon

Less thinking of yourself as some sort of curse.

And more of you realizing that show (and others) couldn't measure up to how you originally hoped it would turn out to be.

What if I told you I was also excited for Fractals, [C], Galilei donna, Real Drive and Umineko no Naku Koro ni...

Do you still think I am not a curese?

Midonin

Go! Princess Precure 04

So Kirara's problem is that she's completely apathetic to the idea of being a magical girl. Twice during the episode she tried to return either her key or her Perfume, turn in her badge and go back to the life of being a model. She's no Yayoi, but as far as Yellow Cures go, she's pretty good. And all the stars and cute effects in her morph are pretty nice. She's definitely worthy of being a hero... she just doesn't want to do it.

Hunter x Hunter - 76

Ah, this must be the start of the Chimera Ant arc. It kind of bugs me (pun intended) how it's more or less the same OP but changed visuals. New ED is okay, but my favorite is the second ED so far.
This arc seems to have a lot of fantasy creatures judging by the OP, so I'm already more stoked than that of Greed Island. I'm gonna miss Bisky slightly, but the new guy Kite seems like a good replacement. I hope there's some time dedicated to Paprika and Leorio, haven't seen those guys in a while.

The opening...never....changes! Anyway have fun with CA Arc one of the most polarizing arcs out there in anime. I'm on the love it side, but then again I waited for years through hiatus just to see the arc end in the manga, and then even longer to see it animated.

fertygo

Not gonna lie this season of Aldnoah so much better than the S1, not saying its 8-9/10 good but its been decent.

More focus to Slaine and slower pace to develop faction doing wonder..
Not while Yoru no Yatterman exists.

Yeah about that, I'm not impressed with latest 3 episode.. And I kinda not liking the whiplash atmosphere of Yatter.

And on technical level I don't think its that controversial to preferring RG.

Although I'm not following Garo that lately seen get attention.

Hunter x Hunter - 76

WELL....

Go! Princess Precure 4

The theme of this episode is Kirara giving NO FUCKS TO ANYONE, BECAUSE SHE'S A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO NEEDS NO PRECURE POWERS!

Actually, I liked the fact that she said HaruHaru. Now it's canon!

HEY, BECOME A PRECURE! DUN GIVE A FUCK, NOT IN MY SCHEDULE!

Monster shows up. Doesn't scream! DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK! TELLS THEM TO GTFO!

SHE LOVES DONUTS, ANYONE WHO LOVES DONUTS WHEN THEiR NOT SUPPOSE TO EAT THEM CAN'T BE A BAD PERSON!

MONSTER SHOWS UP AGAIN, SHE KNOWS HOW TO OPERATE A CRANE! DIDN'T EXPECT THAT. SHE''S FUCKING BATMAN

GETS POWERS, BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THE MOTW! MUH SCHEDULE! BTFO

Kirara is everything I was expecting and then some. And the best part? SHE GETS ANOTHER EPISODE

It was worth cancelling my plans to buy pants

What if I told you I was also excited for Fractals, [C], Galilei donna, Real Drive and Umineko no Naku Koro ni...

Do you still think I am not a curese?

At worst, you can count yourself as unlucky at putting your faith in shows that couldn't live up to your expectations.

Otherwise, you're basically like everyone else who routinely gets excited for a new Movie/TV series/Video game/Anime, only for it to disappoint you and everyone else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Rolling Girls - 07

Great episode, I feel the girl finally gelled together, their hijink is so funny.. and the road trip atmosphere is great, I wish they could do more camping banter like this early episode shown. The town is more interesting once again than that afro freak city.. This show just at it best with colorful conflict between over the top extreme faction that last two arc provide again, I love it.

Also this episode have those insane fight again while only brief, some cool background too.

Yuri Kuma Arashi says otherwise.

VRMN

Go! Princess Precure 01-03

I think I've heard "gokigenyou" about ten too many times already. That said, I'm not going to lie; I was disinclined to even give this a chance. Happiness Charge Precure was my first real exposure to the franchise and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't anything mind blowing. I know I'm not the audience, though, and I was mostly along for the ride because I'm a fan of Megumi Nakajima, who played Megumi Aino in that series.

I think my hesitation to keep going feels a bit more justified after three episodes of the new series. I have nothing against Haruka, but I don't even watch a lot of magical girl series and I feel I've seen that same exact character two dozen times. She's nice, cheerful, optimistic, and a little bit clumsy. Minami seems more grounded...in the way you need to balance out genki incarnate opposite her.

Weirdly, I also feel that the Precure are actually overpowered. Three episodes in and the fights have felt completely trivial. They came preinstalled with super forms, they're going to get the third team member in episode four, and, even without that, it doesn't seem like they've had any anxiety in combat at all. Even the first fight with Flora alone spent more drama on getting her to the transformation than her learning how to use her abilities. The best moments have come outside combat, with the campaign to get everyone to accept Pafu and the sequence where Minami trained Haruka in ballet. Those two subplots are more interesting and engaging (if not less stereotypical) than the main plot so far.

I'm leaning towards a drop, but I'm not hating it enough to kill it before I've seen all the main characters. (Edit: three posts above mine says I'm right to wait for Kirara to show up, kick ass, and take names.)

JoJo Stardust 31

There it is! The best resolution to a fight in the entire franchise!

I will say I thought that ending was slightly better in the manga as it was quicker. No
continuous panning back to Mariah as she got crushed further.
Just felt that made it a bit more badass on Joseph's part, even if it's subtle.

Beefeater

Banned
Rolling Girls - 07

YKA >>>>> DP >>>>>>> YnY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit > Rolling Girls

Rolling Girls 07

I feared this show will slide down in quality since we're not following a bunch of superpowered girls around. I want to drop this show but those moments where they show a lot of action make me want to stay in hope that it'll become better.

NeonZ

Milky Holmes TD 4-7

I just caught up with the subbed episodes. They seem to be getting quite a bit better at emulating the earlier season's humor although it still lacks a certain bite and pacing.
Nero complaining about everyone else also worked very well and I hope that becomes a running joke.

This season would be so much better without the element competitions and moral of the week at the end of every episode though. I don't get why they seem to feel like they have to apologize for everything remotely bad the characters do at the end of every other episode. This isn't a daytime show and they drag this season down quite a bit.

They do seem to be getting better at showing that they don't really change afterwards though, but it just makes those element competition scenes even more pointless...

Jex

Hunter x Hunter - 76

lololol

You might say...it's been years....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom