• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Aldnoah Zero - 19

Anyone else hope
that the Princess would have called Slaine by Inhao's name as she woke up, prompting him to try and choke her to death in front of Dorito?

I sat there praying for it to happen because it would've been the most perfect thing.

Something along that way yeah. It's still coming though.
Hime will be killed by Slaine who will met his demise at the hands of fake Hime who in turn will be blasted away by Inaho with the rest of moon base.

Thoraxes

Yuri Kuma Arashi - 08

So it's coming together more and more but I still empathize much with any of the characters and other than being some quirky fun, I'm not sure if this entire bear metaphor is gonna be worth it in the end. At least the episodes are entertaining when the first few episodes weren't even that.

The bear metaphor is already pretty much uncovered since the beginning, barring some last minute flourishes! I'll help you out by putting it in an equation that points you towards what it is!

Humans + Bears ÷ The Wall of Severance = ???

Figuring it out is a lot of the fun and totally changes the perspective of (and correctly frames) the show's meta-commentary.
Something along that way yeah. It's still coming though.
Hime will be killed by Slaine who will met his demise at the hands of fake Hime who in turn will be blasted away by Inaho with the rest of moon base.
Glorious! I need to see how much despair can happen in this end.

The best!
YPoHqnS.gif

That are little girls, not your OTP!

Clov

Just got my Koimonogatari set in. This is the first Monogatari set I've gotten from Aniplex, so I didn't know what to expect out of it. The slipcase is nicer than I thought it would be, though it's nothing mindblowing. The included artbook is very thin; more thin than Aniplex's Fate/Zero or Madoka sets. It has some nice art of course, but there's not much to it. Also included is a set of postcards, much like the ones included in their Madoka set. They have a nice variety of styles on them from many different artists. The discs themselves are housed inside a single standard Blu-Ray case; that's right, there's no fancy transparent case like with Fate/Zero! The cover of the case is double-sided, with the interior displaying pictures of the cafe that Kaiki and Senjougahara visit near the beginning of the arc. Packaging wise, this is a nice release.

As for the discs themselves, I'll post some impressions later, after I get a bit more work done.

cajunator

Banned

Thanks for the info June!
Looks like a more cute HOTD.

Usually comparison images are done with Preview Images vs The Broadcast, since there's changes before the next episode.

Ahh. I gotcha. That makes sense now.

:O
Whaaaaaaat?!

I mean I don't disagree...

But I think I can still consider Millennium Actress a fave and still recognize that Perfect Blue is the better film. I think saying that Perfect Blue just resorted to using shock value is a huge disservice by the way, criminally so and I don't see how being dark and disturbing is a negative :p To be honest, I don't truly think you believe that either, I just feel that you don't have to look for justifications as to why you preferred one to the other, especially when like you said both of them are amazing. Sometimes one film just resonates more with you than the other, and that's fine.

I am just infatuated with Millennium Actress. Its like my favorite movie ever and easily the best thing Satoshi Kon ever did.

Jex

Yuri Kuma 8

Shocker,
the principal is actually a bear. I bet no one saw that coming. So it was jealousy that led to Reia's death. How mundane. Kureha gets more Kuma Shock. Time to shoot Ginko. Except not. Except Lulu says to do it, because she can summon lightning at the most convenient times. Anyway, good stuff overall. If you're wandering how they're going to last another 4 episodes, I'm pretty sure Yurizono is still alive, so she can make a mess of things if necessary

It's considered good courtesy to put spoiler tags on spoilers.

cajunator

Banned
Absolute Doe 08
this teacher loves her students

we got a few seconds of plot though.

That face. Goodness. So thats the kind of show it is.

The best!
YPoHqnS.gif

This show is something. got several animegaffers nuked. Be careful posting gifs of it.

I know it's not your typical anime, but is RWBY still worth watching despite its terrible visuals? I could only watch a couple minutes of the first episode before I cut it off.

Yup its worth watching. Ruby is a cutie!

The Castle of Cagliostro BD will be coming out in North America on April 28th! The long wait is coming to an end!

FInally. Took forever but a definite purchase.

Speculation based off of the latest episodes:
Imaizumi drops out, probably as a sacrifice to take Midousuji with him. Onoda beats Manami for the finish. I suppose Onoda could lose, but the rest I'm pretty confident on. They've been setting this up pretty blatantly. Imaizumi's conversation with Onoda in this episode makes it clear Onoda will be at the finish. You have two sets of rivals, and they are heavily foreshadowing Onoda being at the finish, so Manami will race against him there. Fukutomi is the only remaining racer who I'm not sure what they will do with as he doesn't have any rivalry or relationship with any of the others.

Isnt that highly unlikely? These are all first years except Fukutomi, they have many more years to have chances to *win* and address any sort of rivalry feelings.

cajunator

Banned
The servant to the Britain branch S-rank. She's the one who tried to beat the shit out of some of them and had some god-tier yelling and screams in battle.

She even swore in English in this last episode too!

Yuu Kobyashi voices the vice president from the club that squeezes all the dude's prostates till it hurts and cripples them, and talks in her creepy raper voice and shrill (but beautiful) yelling voice.

The next episode
where she gives him a proper confession and he chickens out
is such shit. I felt bad for her because she's the only one who legit followed through with her feelings and isn't a total bitch.

Im just happy to see Chiaki still getting roles.

FYI peeps, my Space Dandy LE (volume 1) just shipped from Rightstuf, so be on the lookout for yours!

I passed on the extras and just got the LE. It hasnt shipped yet though.

Midonin

Katanagatari 09

The show has been many things over the course of its run, but this was the most romcom-like episode of this epic fantasy I've seen. Jealous Togame is cute, and seeing Shichika attempt to learn how to use a sword (and failing) was an amusing sidequest. Togame's methods are getting more uncertain as the show goes on. The candle trick and exhausting Biyorigou make sense, but
mentally distracting Zanki with thoughts of shogi
is a low blow, and she says so herself. It was worth it for that pun at the end. If there's one thing I can appreciate about Nisio, and Japanese media in general, it's the sheer potential and love of puns that their language has. Plenty of foreshadowing for the climax, too. There's only three swords left, and it's clear where two of them are.

Tenumi

Banned
So, having just finished Digimon Tamers last week, I was left with the decision to continue onward to the seasons that I've never watched, or to stop where I did in my childhood. My decision? Continue onward, of course. But since I've never seen Digimon Frontier before nor have I done much research into it, I figured I'd try to do episodic impressions. So... here we go.

Digimon Frontier: 01

A bunch of children are guided by mysterious messages on their cell phones to get on mysterious trains to go to god knows where. Okay.

Seriously though, the first episode gave us a decent glimpse into what the show should be about and a little bit into the characters. Going a step up from Biomerge from Tamers, Frontier has the children actually transform into the Digimon. Kind of different, but I'll see how it goes. Of course, the Goggle Boy of the season is the first one to get their Spirit evolution, and makes quick work of the first baddy of the season.

For a first episode, I liked it. Cautiously optimistic.

Clov

So, brief update on Aniplex's Koimonogatari set. Having watched an episode, and checked out a bit of the second disc, I can say that it's a set that meets the high standards that Aniplex has set. The video quality is pretty much flawless, so no complaints there. The subtitles on the set are styled and formatted in the same way that their previous Fate/Zero sets were, and not like the somewhat odd looking Madoka ones. It looks like the standard for them is white subtitles with a black outline, which is great. Every little flash of text is subtitled as well, so there's no need to worry about missing anything. Disc 1 has the textless version of the first opening, while Disc 2 has the superior duet version. Anyway, there's not much else to say about this set other than that I think it's great. If you're a Monogatari fan (or just a Kaiki fan), you'll probably want this set.

Taruranto

Trip to Namek #19

What is this? Are they trying to hint some sort of romantic sub-plot between Bellri and Raraya? It's hard to tell with these characters.

But hey, I was able to follow the first part of the episode. It has been so long now... naturally they made up with it by introducing a new faction in second half. What a show!

Syrinx

Urusei Yatsura 26

If nothing else, Ten knows a best girl when he sees one.

Urusei Yatsura 27

Where Count Dracula laughs like Elmer Fudd.

Hunter x Hunter - 95

They turned my homeboy into a puppet ;_____; That scene with Gon was great.
The whole dating thing with Spookie was weird, and they keep shoving her into the backgrounds with little hearts to Knov, what's the point? She was funny in the beginning but now it's too much, be of use! Unless she's going to take a bullet for Knov I don't know why she's there.
Killua development was nice, damn Illumi and his stupid pins. Anyway I don't expect them to be up to the task for the royal guard, and will get shit on. I bet at least two of our hunters will die up next, and maybe one of the royals will perish, Butterfly or the pink.. dude.

cajunator

Banned
Well, after Koimonogatari you watch Hana, and after Hana you watch Tsuki. Since you've seen most of Monogatari by now, the rest is pretty simple. :p

isnt Hanamonogatari part of Season 2? Koi is part 5 I think its part 6 right?
Then Tsukimonogatari is a new series.

cajunator

Banned
They're technically both outside of season 2, since they both aired well after season 2 finished.

so the series that finished last year, that was Bakemonagatari 2 right?
Its so confusing.

Like from what I have seen/collected thus far:

Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Tsubasa black)
Nekomonogatari (Tsubasa white)
Kabukimonogatari (Hachikuji)
Otorimonogatari (Nadeko)
Onimonogatari (Shinobu)
Koimonogatari (Senjou)

cajunator

Banned
It's a bit soon for that, isn't it?

Mine hasnt shipped yet but it comes out March 3 and Rightstuf is known for shipping very early.
I posted before about the Chuunibyo set arriving in January and people couldnt believe how early it shipped. It officially released today.

Clov

so the series that finished last year, that was Bakemonagatari 2 right?
Its so confusing.

Like from what I have seen/collected thus far:

Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari (Tsubasa black)
Nekomonogatari (Tsubasa white)
Kabukimonogatari (Hachikuji)
Otorimonogatari (Nadeko)
Onimonogatari (Shinobu)
Koimonogatari (Senjou)

The longer series that finished in 2013 was Monogatari Second Season, which contains everything from Nekomonogatari White up until Koimonogatari.

Thoraxes

Just got my Koimonogatari set in. This is the first Monogatari set I've gotten from Aniplex, so I didn't know what to expect out of it.

If you're a Monogatari fan (or just a Kaiki fan), you'll probably want this set.
Bake and Nise have better packaging. I really love the video quality of their releases. So clean and crisp as always with all of their releases.

I'll be posting a bunch of hi-res pictures of my set and all the goodies inside when I get home from work as always!

Also got KLK volume 4. Really looking forward to going through all of that as well. This one has the second part of the making of documentary. The first part of that was really fantastic and insightful, so I look forward to seeing what this one unveils!
It's a bit soon for that, isn't it?
Release date is March 3rd, so only a week away now. Rightstuf usually ships stuff as they get it, so it's right in line with expectations. I only got the standard LE. Not the Aloha Oae or Boobies editions.

cajunator

Banned
Bake and Nise have better packaging.

I'll be posting pictures of my set and all the goodies inside when I get home from work as always!

Also got KLK volume 4. Really looking forward to going through all of that as well. This one has the second part of the making of documentary. The first part of that was really fantastic and insightful, so I look forward to seeing what this one unveils!

Release date is March 3rd, so only a week away now. Rightstuf usually ships stuff as they get it, so it's right in line with expectations. I only got the standard LE. Not the Aloha Oae or Boobits editions.

yeah the first two sets contained the entire show plus a bunch more goodies. It wasnt separated out into a million confusing chapters.

Same. I didnt see a need for those sets. The normal LE will do fine.

Thoraxes

yeah the first two sets contained the entire show plus a bunch more goodies. It wasnt separated out into a million confusing chapters.

Same. I didnt see a need for those sets. The normal LE will do fine.
I already have a bunch of stuff as it is and I couldn't really think of a use for any of that stuff.

Also the standard LE was only like $36 with the Got Anime discount, so that was fine.

Clov

So I need Hanamonogatari then Im caught up?

You'll need to watch both Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari to be caught up.

Aniplex will be releasing Hanamonogatari on Blu-Ray here in April, and there's no word yet about Tsukimonogatari's home video release. We'll likely hear something about that in the coming months.

cajunator

Banned
You'll need to watch both Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari to be caught up.

Aniplex will be releasing Hanamonogatari on Blu-Ray here in April, and there's no word yet about Tsukimonogatari's home video release. We'll likely hear something about that in the coming months.

I gotcha.

Thoraxes

Sentai releases in June. I haven't found info on dub news though but going by price RS usually list the dubs at $41.99
http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007550.html

Haikyuu Collection 1 (DVD and Bluray)
Captain Earth (DVD and Bluray)
Magical Warfare (DVD and Bluray)
Knights of Sidonia (CE, DVD and Bluray)
Mardock Scramble Trilogy (DVD)
Space Brothers Collection 3 (DVD and Bluray)
Hayate: The Combat Butler Season 4 (DVD and Bluray)
In for Captain Earth, Magical Warfare, and Hayate.

Captain Earth appears to be the first half Of the show.

Thoraxes

I thought Magical Warfare was a bad show? Or am I thinking of another similar?
If it's what I think it is, yes it's bad. I like those dumb shows though.

I'm making a holiday list for next year, and it's going on that.

I really want them to announce Kawaisou. I want BDs for that so bad.

cajunator

Banned
If it's what I think it is, yes it's bad. I like those dumb shows though.

I'm making a holiday list for next year, and it's going on that.

I really want them to announce Kawaisou. I want BDs for that so bad.

I heard of another show people told me was better called Witch Craft Works.

Clov

What irks me about those Sentai releases is that Hidamari Sketch season 4 isn't in there. What exactly could be taking them so long?

cajunator

Banned
What irks me about those Sentai releases is that Hidamari Sketch season 4 isn't in there. What exactly could be taking them so long?

that is definitely a gaping hole in both my DVD and bluray Hidamari collections. Honeycomb is mysteriously absent. As for DVD I can understand, because its new. but WHERE IS MY BLURAYS DAMMIT?

Sentai releases in June. I haven't found info on dub news though but going by price RS usually list the dubs at $41.99
http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007550.html

Haikyuu Collection 1 (DVD and Bluray)
Captain Earth (DVD and Bluray)
Magical Warfare (DVD and Bluray)
Knights of Sidonia (CE, DVD and Bluray)
Mardock Scramble Trilogy (DVD)
Space Brothers Collection 3 (DVD and Bluray)
Hayate: The Combat Butler Season 4 (DVD and Bluray)

Dubbing Magical Warfare but not Haikyuu!! is this years most baffling sentai move. American anime industry people seem to love making bad business decisions. I still wonder what they even do for most of the day even. First free! and yowapeda from discotek on dvd only, and now this Haikyuu!! and Magical Warfare, what next Food Wars as a digital only daisuki exclusive, Seraph as a direct to buy only type thing :( I weep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom