• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

US Anime releases for the month of Tuesday 24th February 2015. (Links go to amazon.com unless it's an exclusive item, price correct at time of post.)

Blu-ray
02/24/15
Space Brothers Collection 1 [Sentai] $42.99
ySKEqyV.jpg
KILL la KILL, Vol.4 [Aniplex of America] $59.98
ejPYJ5R.jpg
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: Complete Collection [Sentai] $77.99
aKRsXeP.jpg
Diabolik Lovers Complete Collection [Sentai] $22.99
kWIkO3d.jpg
Tiger & Bunny The Rising [VIZ] $21.28
2acd5g7.jpg
-Koimonogatari- Hitagi End [AoA] $59.98
kCmdJLm.jpg
DVD
02/24/15
Flame of Recca: Complete Collection [Discotek] $48.19
e4oDxxg.jpg
Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers: Complete OVA Collection [Discotek]
8N8ESYF.jpg
Violence Jack: Complete OVA Collection [Discotek] $17.19
roDcLbY.jpg
.hack//SIGN: Complete Collection [Funimation] $27.99
53qyC7r.jpg
Holy Knight [Media Blasters] $14.99

Last Weeks release (Tuesday 17th February 2015)
Blu-ray
02/17/15
Hozuki's Coolheadedness Complete Collection [Sentai] $34.49
SNUF43z.jpg
Patlabor: The New Files Complete Collection [Sentai] $34.49
NWGpFId.jpg
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya [GKids] $22.96
zx6BMXs.jpg
DVD
02/17/15
Pokemon the Movie Diancie and Cocoon of Destruction [VIZ] $13.99
eJ5AKtq.jpg

Yurikuma Arashi 8:
No Ikuhara, what are you dong? Maybe back in your day anime were supposed to get better as they went along, but we're in 2015 now, and show's are supposed to just keep getting worse after a promising start.

In all seriousness, this show is just so good. This episode was one of the most striking yet, particularly in the way it used the color palette and lighting to really build the mood for each scene. It was a very heavy episode, but one which was directed beautifully, and with some great music playing throughout the whole thing. I felt on the edge of my seat throughout the entire episode. That final scene was just incredible, as was everything that lead up to it.
I really up that Yuriika gets what's coming to her sometime soon.

I wish they would sell Pokemon subbed. :<

I wish Pocket Monsters got any sort of legal sub, even just as a simulcast. But it's never going to happen, despite the fact that an online stream or specialty store DVD using Japanese names wouldn't spontaneously cause very single kid's head to melt.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuri Kuma Arashi (aka LESBIAN BEAR STORM) - 08

Incredible episode. Great use of colors and sound to emphasize the significance of critical moments in this ep. The lack of
voices in that final scene where you can hear nothing but the rain, thunder, and that blaring gunshot was utter perfection.

Sterok

Yuri Kuma 8

Shocker, the principal is actually a bear. I bet no one saw that coming. So it was jealousy that led to Reia's death. How mundane. Kureha gets more Kuma Shock. Time to shoot Ginko. Except not. Except Lulu says to do it, because she can summon lightning at the most convenient times. Anyway, good stuff overall. If you're wandering how they're going to last another 4 episodes, I'm pretty sure Yurizono is still alive, so she can make a mess of things if necessary.

Quasar

Absolute Duo 08

Miyabi's battle prowess shouldn't be the only element that defines her character. She's got a good heart and very little bloodlust. Which makes her an odd fit for the school, but I'm sure she has her reasons for being there. A very lewd episode all around, but an entertaining one until those Halo guys showed up again.

Her desire to even attend the school is kind of odd. Then again she showed more courage than I expected
confessing so quickly in the face of all those challengers

Unrelated, can we have just one anime guy who wakes up to breasts and enjoys it rather than screaming and fleeing?

Well...I guess there's Issei.

Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road 19

As a hardcore Imyzumi fan this was the best episode of the whole anime. Animation perfection. All the shows bad writing is wholly forgiven. Now if only he can win too please!

Midonin

Sailor Moon Crystal 16

The 90s version had more of an emotional impact, but this wasn't too bad. Plus it had that pool scene.

Sailor Moon R 37-38

While there are a few things about Crystal Tokyo that leave me wondering if it would be the best place to live and the best situation to live in - not just in its current state - that was an exciting two episodes.
RIP Esemeraude.

Katanagatari 08

The theme was stated pretty blatantly here, but it's a theme that I can support. Shichika is different from Nanami because he's weaker, and he's turned that weakness into strength - and in the process, become more human. The latest sword/robot wasn't as tragic as some of the others, though it kind of was in a Hachiko sort of way. I also quite like Princess Hitei as a character. Seeing her and Togame verbally spar with each other was amazing.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya - Season 1 & 2wei!

Fate_Illya_Ep2.jpg

I recently finished the Fate Stay Night VN, so I'm finally diving into every anime series and spin off that exists, but one that I totally forgot and almost dismissed as a cash-in was Fate/Kaleid line Prisma Illya, as it didn't look that great at first sight.

I almost missed out on something great.

I REALLY enjoyed it and ended up watching it all in two days, it really helps that the anime is pretty fast paced and it doesn't waste time on boring stuff, the soundtrack is great, the animation was great and several of the fights were amazing. Some parts like the maid scene and the cooking episode had me in tears, its rare for an anime to make me laugh so much, which was something I wasn't expecting either.

I also like how the anime/manga doesn't rely too much on the original Visual Novel, it has some characters like Rin and Illya around and does the usual reference every now and then but aside of that you don't need to know anything about FSN to enjoy it.

I can't wait for 2wei Season 2, bring it on.

Oh right, I also watched Fate Zero that was great too.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya - Season 1 & 2wei!

Fate_Illya_Ep2.jpg

I recently finished the Fate Stay Night VN, so I'm finally diving into every anime series and spin off that exists, but one that I totally forgot and almost dismissed as a cash-in was Fate/Kaleid line Prisma Illya, as it didn't look that great at first sight.

I almost missed out on something great.

I REALLY enjoyed it and ended up watching it all in two days, it really helps that the anime is pretty fast paced and it doesn't waste time on boring stuff, the soundtrack is great, the animation was great and several of the fights were amazing. Some parts like the maid scene and the cooking episode had me in tears, its rare for an anime to make me laugh so much, which was something I wasn't expecting either.

I also like how the anime/manga doesn't rely too much on the original Visual Novel, it has some characters like Rin and Illya around and does the usual reference every now and then but aside of that you don't need to know anything about FSN to enjoy it.

I can't wait for 2wei Season 2, bring it on.

Oh right, I also watched Fate Zero that was great too.

The best!
YPoHqnS.gif

Yuri Kuma Arashi - 08

i Accept a lot of things in my yuri kuma arashi anime ...but that

"i'm telling you , but there was thunder just at that moment" is ridiculous , especially since i'm waiting for something to happen.

Anyway i'm glad that we have finnally some explanations about those boxes.

I know it's not your typical anime, but is RWBY still worth watching despite its terrible visuals? I could only watch a couple minutes of the first episode before I cut it off.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I know it's not your typical anime, but is RWBY still worth watching despite its terrible visuals? I could only watch a couple minutes of the first episode before I cut it off.

Yes it is definitely worth watching. The fight choreography is top notch, the music is fitting and well placed, and the world itself is amazing. The OT did a marathon the other week or so that I missed out on due to sudden events, but I may do a stream of it myself for AnimeGaf if we get enough people interested. Regardless, it's a really cool show that I feel people should check out.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
And it end up better than Kancolle, how strange, 1.5 years ago i thought Kancolle was going to blow this show up.

The CG combat section of Kancolle isn't any better, but it is meant to be a 12 episode long advertisement, I doubt people watch it for the animed RNG battle.

Honestly all those CG looks like it is from some low budget hentai.

Conan-san

I wish Pocket Monsters got any sort of legal sub, even just as a simulcast. But it's never going to happen, despite the fact that an online stream or specialty store DVD using Japanese names wouldn't spontaneously cause very single kid's head to melt.

Just use the JJBA method. Honestly, if that's all that's stopping us from getting an official sub then Nintendo really have their fingers in their butts.

Depends on how much of a hardass you are. If you can deal with Shonen anime (not watch religiously, just not want to set Toei and Peridot's offices on fire [for those shows]) then you would probably get something out of RWBY.

Quasar

Hmm. CR has a dub of Holy Knight. Yep. Its as bad as I remember, with the bonus of being one what seems to be one chapter of a manga.

Is CR going to get more ovas now? That would be nice.

Syrinx

Urusei Yatsura 25

Had me Rollin'. I preferred caterpillar Imo though.

So much better since this show moved to the full episode format.

Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road 19

This had way too much monologuing, but I suppose they need to pad out this finish for 4 more episodes. It's still really clear how this will end, hopefully they'll execute it well.

Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru anime announced, more details soon.

Can't find the summary in english, maybe someone can translate it
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/櫻子さんの足下には死体が埋まっている

Oh ANN posted the news and translated the summary:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...atteiru-mystery-light-novels-get-anime/.85325
The novel series revolves around Sh&#333;tar&#333; Tatewaki and Sakurako Kujy&#333;. Sh&#333;tar&#333; is a normal high school student with a serious demeanor who likes to show off his girlfriend Sakurako. Sakurako is an extraordinarily beautiful woman in her mid-20s from a rich family who loves "beautiful bones." The two live in the city of Asahikawa in Hokkaido, and they get involved in various incidents regarding bones.

Btw this series had some cooperation with TV show "Bones"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oh ANN posted the news and translated the summary:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...atteiru-mystery-light-novels-get-anime/.85325

Btw this series had some cooperation with TV show "Bones"
Crime/detective related anime?
Nice

The Rolling Girls 6-7

I enjoy this series as a road trip series. I like the hijinks on each country and there's some good comedy moment. Latest episode show a painting like scenery which looks beautiful IMO. There also short fighting scene, not as amazing as the first and 2nd ep, but this will do.

Aldnoah Zero 18

Inaho eye can see everything. EVERYTHING! Slaine keeps getting promoted, but he'll never get the girl...lol.

Thoraxes

Aldnoah Zero - 19

Anyone else hope
that the Princess would have called Slaine by Inhao's name as she woke up, prompting him to try and choke her to death in front of Dorito?

I sat there praying for it to happen because it would've been the most perfect thing.

cajunator

Banned
Hunter x Hunter - 85

Noooo! Hooly shit, this episode. That fucking cat lady is crazy! After what Gon said to Killua, the ending broke my heart, brutal ;_____;7

Pitou is so awesome, whatever it is.
I call it evil squee.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break 07
a new Russian chick appears that totally isn't a baddie

Oh so this is what the other guy was calling my attention to!
I like Russian girls, especially with hair over the eyes, but it does look a bit odd here.

Why is her left eye visible when her hair is supposed to be covering it up?

They should have drawn her face a bit behind the eye to make her hair look see through thats whats off.

Between Leo's mask turning into cat ears, an overload of Nyan~, and developing her first precocious crush on Gal.

It's a wonder why my heart is still beating.

I find it pretty funny that instead of needing to be beaten up and waiting to get himself shot.

All it took was for a masochist fisherman to buddy up with a lolicon like Gal for him to get even more development than last time.

Its like all these shows WANT me to watch them!
"Cajun watch this show. See we drew cat ears for you!"
How many shows this season have them? 4 or 5?

Well, at least no one's posted the Precure Sorter yet.

*looks around*

Whaaaaat is this? This exists. Im literally astounded here.

Well it got Rouge on top, so it's not completely terrible. Not sure about the rest of the order though.

Girlfriend Beta 1-12

Why did I watch this? Seriously, why? I watched this recently on a whim and I have no idea why I bothered. Ah well. At least French girl was amusing.

BEST GIRL CHLOE LEMAIRE DESU YO

cajunator

Banned
the order is

The Lego Movie > Kaguya > everything else>>>>>>>>>>>Big shitro 6

I legit loved Big Hero 6. Really fun movie. But to completely snub Song of Sea like that? Biggest travesty. Not that this stuff matters because the best stuff often doesnt win awards.

Absolute Duo - 07

efmh7If.jpg

Glad the second best girl returned.

World Break - 07

CHIAKI OMIGAWA

Which character in World Break is voiced by Chiaki? I must know these things!

Haha, yes.

gV1G357.jpg

lgjkvFt.jpg
bt7lxFY.jpg

This seems incredibly cruel.

Yeah it does the frequent mood whiplashes which can ruin scenes sometimes. What surprised me was how bloody and violent the action was, for a shoujo series.

Im not overly shocked by it. Shoujo has been known to be an incredibly violent genre in the past. However I never expected that from the way Yona started!

I mean, there was no way that some obscure anime was going to get an Oscar. Sorry! It was never going to happen and those responses highlight why.

Spirited Away won way back when but that seems to be a product of Disney using it's expertise to heavily lean on the judges.

But Spirited Away legit deserved that honor, as stupid as the awards are. It really was the best that year.

Well, since I have recognised my prowers of getting excited for eventually rubbish shows, I kind of more or less stopped in order to minimise the damage.

Digimon Adventure Tri :(

Ohh. Im sorry dude. My future condolences.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 1-2

The freaking CG, WHY?
I had the same thought as well when i started watching it.
The CG combat section of Kancolle isn't any better, but it is meant to be a 12 episode long advertisement, I doubt people watch it for the animed RNG battle.

Honestly all those CG looks like it is from some low budget hentai.
...and then by the end i didn't mind it. There are some parts of the animation that looked "off" , but in the end it managed to convey the right feeligns at the right moments.
Also i don't remember much that was or felt like low budget in arpeggio but that's maybe my memory that is failling .

Next episode of Yuri Kuma Arashi is a numbered 8.5, so get ready for that recap next week! http://www.yurikuma.jp/news.html#n047
Lol, thanks for the info ..thunder, cliffanger + recap ?

Not the best package i can think of

Don't feel that way , useless girl is useless and the show would be the same with or without her
I haven't seen a character like this in a long time. Her existence has no impact what so ever on the plot or the characters around her. she does nothing except waste time.

It's incredible in a way

How you see its gonna end?

Speculation based off of the latest episodes:
Imaizumi drops out, probably as a sacrifice to take Midousuji with him. Onoda beats Manami for the finish. I suppose Onoda could lose, but the rest I'm pretty confident on. They've been setting this up pretty blatantly. Imaizumi's conversation with Onoda in this episode makes it clear Onoda will be at the finish. You have two sets of rivals, and they are heavily foreshadowing Onoda being at the finish, so Manami will race against him there. Fukutomi is the only remaining racer who I'm not sure what they will do with as he doesn't have any rivalry or relationship with any of the others.

Thoraxes

Which character in World Break is voiced by Chiaki? I must know these things!

The servant to the Britain branch S-rank. She's the one who tried to beat the shit out of some of them and had some god-tier yelling and screams in battle.

She even swore in English in this last episode too!

Yuu Kobyashi voices the vice president from the club that squeezes all the dude's prostates till it hurts and cripples them, and talks in her creepy raper voice and shrill (but beautiful) yelling voice.

The next episode
where she gives him a proper confession and he chickens out
is such shit. I felt bad for her because she's the only one who legit followed through with her feelings and isn't a total bitch.

Yuri Kuma Arashi - 08

So it's coming together more and more but I still empathize much with any of the characters and other than being some quirky fun, I'm not sure if this entire bear metaphor is gonna be worth it in the end. At least the episodes are entertaining when the first few episodes weren't even that.

Death Parade - 06

Kinda fun first half but this just isn't for me. Dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom