• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Need to watch anime in a hurry? Dump some kill la kill boxes on the floor and watch kill la kill off the floor like a animal you piece of weeb.

Just like the manga did , with less focus on keiichi and belldandy and more on the side characters.
Throw in some problem between heaven and hell that can only be solved by the power of "someone with a pure heart" and you're in ..the specials ( released after the tv anime ) did cover some parts of the mangas , but there is still plenty of material to cover, regarding keiichi old classmates, his parents , the weird relationship between urd, skuld and belldandy or even skuld adventures with "that kid" or the mad scientist .. there is plenty of material left

Weird how they showed up in the second ED of S2, but not in the show itself :p

Thoraxes

Koimonogatari

coverynums.jpg

Kill la Kill Volume 4

cover46uj5.jpg

Hunter x Hunter - 97

Cool to see more of the Phantom Troupe. Though not all of them were present. Is Chrollo still not purged? I knew I had seen that Kimono girl before somewhere but couldn't quite remember until it was spilled out. She seems interesting enough bringing a new perspective.
Feitans sun ability is ridiculous, so is Shalnarks "autopilot". RIP best monster girl. Much skin in this episode, but I'm not complaining.

cajunator

Banned
Owari no Seraph Key Visual:

Additional cast listings:
Aoi Yuuki as Kururu Tepes
Kenichi Suzumura as Crowly

Sawano will be composing both the OP and ED themes, named "X.U." and "scaPEGoat".

I like the glowing accents. Like mahouka but more distinctive.

Generic light novel fluff. First few episodes are average and after that, it becomes indistinguishable from everything else with the same premise.
Magical warfare was bad even within that genereic Vn stuff mold.
I mean the book , is really generic , nothing trully stand out , but the anime is some kind of rushed mess on all fronts. They put it in orderto get more exposure on the books and i believe it didn't work.

Weird how they showed up in the second ED of S2, but not in the show itself :p

Indeed, but considering they were updating many stories since season 1 in the Tv show it never bothered me as i
secretly hoped for an oav with both

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 20:

I'll be honest, I ended up checking Twitter at points during this battle because every action, ever emotion, ever current and nuance was dictated by the big book of shonen tropes and cliches. That doesn't make the battle terrible but it didn't make it terrible compelling either but the real killer was this fight was asking for an emotional investment that Junya Inose could never muster. They tried way too hard to pass him off as the personal rival and yea the history was there but I never bought into the pathos due to the lack of screen time. On the other hand I most am liking the build up of Lucas Nemesis apart from pulling some telling not showing bullshit that has been a fairly major problem now that I think about it.

CDiggity

Sawano will be composing both the OP and ED themes, named "X.U." and "scaPEGoat".

Let me guess. Person in the center is the incredibly moody anti-hero protagonist who isn't very smart who carries a massive amount of survivor guilt when the titans vampires attacked during his younger years. He is also oblivious to the passes of his love interest, who I am assuming is the one with the scythe because blond girl is obviously better, therefore can never be the main love interest. I am also assuming that protagonist is primarily driven by revenge and the concept of "I want to kill all the titans vampires."

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill Behind the Scenes Documentary 2

Included:

CG overview - processes, staff, contractors, software, tools, software plugins, implementation; really fascinating segment on how they applied traditional hand-drawn animation methods to the CG and the techniques used in regards to frame pacing, cuts, and model creation. Probably one of the sections I enjoyed the most. I love how their approach to CG made it very unobtrusive to the overall style, and the techniques described in the video show the lengths they go to in order to have it be as nice as it is.

Showa animation talk.

Rush Check for Episode 1 - scenes, comparisons, suggestions made and overall changes discussed. Hidden Sushio appears a few times in the first episode lol

VA Recording session for episode 7 - takes, retakes, perspective of direction.

Yoshinari Yoh, the man who made storyboards so complex for the OP that he was the only one there talented enough there to work on the 26-second animation cut, and the story of how he beasted the fuck out of it.

Influence of 70's and 80's animation on KLK and the Yoshinori Kanada methodology. Masami Obari. Osamu Dezaki Harmony.

Production Assistants running into trouble with deadlines.

SUSHIO being cool.

Cinematography, OP direction check, final overviews on episode 1.

Overall, really insightful and a fantastic watch if you enjoyed KLK or like any of the staff that worked on it (or if you like watching people who make anime suffer). Looking forward to the final part a lot now!

Got confirmation. Space Dandy and Unbreakable Machine Doll shipped today.
BEAR was right again.
Ohhhh, does Unbreakable Machine Doll come with the specials? I may have to get if so.

Hunter x Hunter - 103
Eyebrooooooooooows
It's like they crossed Amaro and Chaika into the apex of humanity. I want to frame these eyebrows and hang them on my wall.
I don't even need to know her name anymore, fate has already decide it for me. Let us bask in their glory and pray there is more to come.

cajunator

Banned

Included:

CG overview - processes, staff, contractors, software, tools, software plugins, implementation; really fascinating segment on how they applied traditional hand-drawn animation methods to the CG and the techniques used in regards to frame pacing, cuts, and model creation. Probably one of the sections I enjoyed the most. I love how their approach to CG made it very unobtrusive to the overall style, and the techniques described in the video show the lengths they go to in order to have it be as nice as it is.

Showa animation talk.

Rush Check for Episode 1 - scenes, comparisons, suggestions made and overall changes discussed. Hidden Sushio appears a few times in the first episode lol

VA Recording session for episode 7 - takes, retakes, perspective of direction.

Yoshinari Yoh, the man who made storyboards so complex for the OP that he was the only one there talented enough there to work on the 26-second animation cut, and the story of how he beasted the fuck out of it.

Influence of 70's and 80's animation on KLK and the Yoshinori Kanada methodology. Masami Obari. Osamu Dezaki Harmony.

Production Assistants running into trouble with deadlines.

SUSHIO being cool.

Cinematography, OP direction check, final overviews on episode 1.

Overall, really insightful and a fantastic watch if you enjoyed KLK or like any of the staff that worked on it (or if you like watching people who make anime suffer). Looking forward to the final part a lot now!

Ohhhh, does Unbreakable Machine Doll come with the specials? I may have to get if so.

Looks like it does!

Quasar

Finished reading book 9 of Haganai.

Well thats a despair pit that does not really sit well with the show. And yet the details all fit OK. If it was another series I'd kind of expect suicide or yandere actions.

Kodaka is quite a selfish dick, all considered.

Theonik

Included:

So unobtrusive.

cajunator

Banned
My roommates got another cat after the owner died. They named him Hermes.
This name should be easy to remember because its Kino's motorad.

Thoraxes

Mostly it was about episode 1, with only 3 short cuts from episode 3 shown. And they were unobtrusive. I really didn't want to specify all the cuts shown because I don't really care to share here.

I'm not blind enough as to not be able to see where it stands out poorly in other sections, especially when I have a great disdain for CG for the most part.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters 20

All of the character and story elements in this episode were completely unearned and hollow but bloody hell that was one of the coolest fights I have ever seen. If they tightened up the first half in the previous episode it definitely would have equaled the pinnacle of GBF so far. It's just a shame they squandered such awesome potential for a rivalry. If Junya and Sekai's clashing battles for strength were developed further than two episodes prior to their final confrontation it could have worked really well as a classic shounen rivalry and one that would have probably payed off more than what we'll get from the Gunpla Academy team. But it was another instance of the direction dedicating time poorly. Junya needed as much time as a character like Fellini from the first season or Master Asia from G Gundam, but instead he barely got more than a scrub team of triplets and less than bit characters that retired in the regionals. This episode was also another example of the Tri battle serving no real purpose in the show. While the main character fights, the other two sit around and literally do nothing. Even their reasoning was bullshit, why would Junya run away in a gunpla battle?

Theonik

Mostly it was about episode 1, with only 3 short cuts from episode 3 shown. And they were unobtrusive. I really didn't want to specify all the cuts shown because I don't really care to share here.

I'm not blind enough as to not be able to see where it stands out poorly in other sections, especially when I have a great disdain for CG for the most part.
Episode 3 gave duckroll cancer. Just think about that for a second!

CDiggity

I find it funny that in Shirobako the CG girl has the least presence of the main 5 but makes the most money according to that salary chart iirc.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My roommates got another cat after the owner died. They named him Hermes.
This name should be easy to remember because its Kino's motorad.
Surely you mean it's easy to remember because the cat has been named after Hermes from Winds of Love.

I hope they go up to Crowley's actions in the current chapters.

Also can he please sound like Masato HIjirikawa (UtaPri)

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 12-13

Man oh man I wish this show had better production values.

BECAUSE OH MY GOODNESS THAT FIGHT IN EPISODE 13 WAS AWESOME.

Freakin' FAAAAACE OPEEEEEEEEENN!

Then SHINRYU HYDRO BLAAAAAAZAAAAARRR!

I'm not even mad about the whole theme song playing all the time anymore, that moment was the kind of Super Robot finisher I wanted from this show.

So it looks like the Captain of the Daiku Maryu, Garis, isn't Daiya's father after all. If they didn't foreshadow it so heavily, I probably would have been more surprised at that. Oh well. At least I'm a bit more intrigued on where his father could be now.

Started watching Nanatsu no Taizai[The Seven Deadly Sins] anime is a blast just pure stupid fun...i caught up too damn quickly, hopefully it's seasonal and not long running, i hate filler arcs...

Denki Gai Episode 4

Love Hiotan finding manga that excites her and it being the best ones on friendship really close friendship, and some nice sports stories. Kantoku really makes the best suggestions and his display stand there, lol.

Ero Hon G Men is a hilarious recurring character.

NeonZ

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 12-13
I'm not even mad about the whole theme song playing all the time anymore, that moment was the kind of Super Robot finisher I wanted from this show.

So it looks like the Captain of the Daiku Maryu, Garis, isn't Daiya's father after all. If they didn't foreshadow it so heavily, I probably would have been more surprised at that. Oh well. At least I'm a bit more intrigued on where his father could be now.

Those episodes were when I started actually looking forward to the next episodes of that show. Future battles won't be quite as dynamic as 13 again, but the art won't be so off either.

Amagi Brilliant Park 7 & 8

Everyone going to school as Kanie was a good plot. Sento did the best job of imitating him I thought. Muffles second best two as I could have imagined Kanie apologizing sincerely like that. Too bad the others were terrible. Thankfully his great image wasnt ruined.

Hunter x Hunter - 103

Eyebrooooooooooows
It's like they crossed Amaro and Chaika into the apex of humanity. I want to frame these eyebrows and hang them on my wall.
I don't even need to know her name anymore, fate has already decide it for me. Let us bask in their glory and pray there is more to come.

Call her Chihaya.

Jex

[GBF Try]: 20

This wasn't a very good episode but then again how could it be considering how flaccid this story arc has been. The 'rivalry' between these characters is so thin as to be essentially non-existent and I didn't care who won and who lost.

The promised battle of martial arts masters never emerged. A fight that should have been about mecha duelling it out hand to hand would obviously have required to much work in the storyboarding an animation department. Instead we get a terribly boring mirror match up consisting of one super attack, one big punch and then basically one more super attack. Boring. The moment that Sekai finished his super attack followed by the cut to the credits was fairly well done but that was literally the only good part of the fight. It was full of bad character animation, bad mecha animation and lots of stills.

Also, I hope you liked that finished because we're going to see it again 2 minutes later. Jesus.

The other exciting moment was the reveal of the Crossbone. However the following sequence, where Sekai encounters Lucas, fell completely flat. The director wished to invoke a creepy horror vibe but clearly hadn't got the first idea how to convey that to the audience (hint it starts actually having decent lighting in your scene). Meh,

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Frontier: 2

Congrats, you two. You are the only likeable characters so far.

So I would say that this episode properly introduces the mysterious boy from the first episode, but... well, it doesn't. Still don't know a thing about him. Calling him NotYamato from now on.

Meanwhile, The annoying kid and NotTakeru go off on their own trying to get back to the real world. Way to answer the call, guys.

Now, both Goggle Boy and NotYamato have their own Spirit Evolutions. Yup.

Jex

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy
[...]

One of those was Magical Girl Pretty Sammy. It's a magical girl spin-off of the show Tenchi Muyo! which I had heard of but still haven't seen as of yet. That's okay though as Pretty Sammy stands perfectly fine on its own and the references are more of a bonus to those already familiar with the other work.

Hitokage certainly always recommended this work and one of these days I will have to get around to it. Right after Doremi...

Stage On

Started watching Nanatsu no Taizai[The Seven Deadly Sins] anime is a blast just pure stupid fun...i caught up too damn quickly, hopefully it's seasonal and not long running, i hate filler arcs...

Honestly I wish it was longer running since the manga is still going which means it's not going to be able to cover everything.

Episode 19 was spectacular. The amount of feels was nearly off the charts. After that it'd be a major loss not to get a proper ending animated

Jex

For people who is a fan of Ah My Goddess!, do you think they should make the 3rd season of the show or it's just too expensive to make it now and start doing those short video when they release a certain point of the manga (which I only read 3 volumes). Kinda want to see where they can take the show but might disappointed fans....
There's really no need (e.g. no financial reason) to make additional Ah My Goddess! anime material. I wouldn't imagine that there'd be any more made in the future.

Midonin

KanColle 08

A beach episode! Kind of. Yamato made a pretty good first impression, blowing everyone away like that. The references to in-game events are still standing out, but blending into the story well enough that it doesn't really bother me. Sounds like someone's getting remodeled next time.

Testament 08

While Maria was the one who was out of control, the show is still refraining from having her actually participate in the lewdness. For those with a swimsuit fetish, this is your episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom