• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1424954031935wmubw.png

Tenten's face when Lee pulled out the jumpsuit from within his own was 10/10.

Fight was alright.

Enjoyed seeing Guy showing why he's best sensei.

Preview already had me happy with 2 Naruto-kuns.

Gonna need at least 3 more next time before I'm satisfied.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And yet you keep watching it instead of good anime like Shirobako.
Well, I will say that at least Saekano makes me feel something.
(And honestly, it's much easier to scrub).

but nerd culture is pretty awesome. I dont see the downside.
Having a harem show where the main girl talks about the very harem tropes found in the guy's harem while the guy remains oblivious is one thing.

Ending the episode with some shitty competition over who is the better nerd takes the masturbation to a whole new level.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I will say that at least Saekano makes me feel something.
(And honestly, it's much easier to scrub).

Having a harem show where the main girl talks about the very harem tropes found in the guy's harem while the guy remains oblivious is one thing.

Ending the episode with some shitty competition over who is the better nerd takes the masturbation to a whole new level.

nerd competition sounds great fun to me!

Jex

It was just funny to see what is basically the exact same ending. It's so old hat that I wouldn't have really found it noteworthy if not for the ending of The Order.
It's slightly different when it's an on-going TV series and a finished videogames.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's slightly different when it's an on-going TV series and a finished videogames.
Yes, it is. Especially when your video game is supposed to be an example of "good storytelling". lol

nerd competition sounds great fun to me!
You should watch King of the Nerds then. :p

Saekano sounds really shit Firehawk so you should drop it and watch something good and wholesome like Cross Ange instead
Are women still being anally probed or whatever that show seems to be about?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Samurai Flamenco - End

I was going to make a post every time something shocking happens, but that would most likely got me ban for spamming.

I have to say the last arc is my favorite for being actually exciting. All those plot twists in the middle got pretty tedious near the end to be honest, but the last arc really saved the whole plot.

I don't really like the ending,
everything went back to the way they were. There are no progress, all character growth got reset. Even the cop went back to texting with his imaginary girlfriend. It is like the whole ordeal was a waste of time, it is really unsatisfying.

At least I had fun watching the show, the journey was more than worth it. I am just disappointed I didn't got to experience it with GAF.

Dropped saekano 2 weeks ago when i realised that nothing was going anywhere and when something was happenning it was forced beyond reasonnable parameters.

The main guy is flawed beyong repair and i can't forgive this show that ignore all the hardship you have when trying to make something

javac

Some new UK Anime box art
Naruto Shippuden - Complete Series 5 (Episodes 193-243) [DVD] Release: 13/04/2015
uD3oiXu.jpg
One Piece Film: Z [Blu-ray] Release:25/05/2015
KTnp9i5.jpg
One Piece (Uncut) Collection 9 (Episodes 206-229) [DVD] Release: 13/04/2015
Q1inA8Z.jpg
One Piece (Uncut) Collection 10 (Episodes 230-252) [DVD] Release: 15/06/2015
ILT5G0b.jpg
Bleach Series 15 - Part 1 (Episodes 317-329) [DVD] Release: 25/05/2015
IBo5cJA.jpg
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate [Blu-ray] Release: 06/04/2015
zoNrGCI.jpg
Nisekoi: False Love Season 1 - Part 1 (Episodes 1-10) [Blu-ray] Release: 20/04/2015
PjCIC4b.jpg
Nisekoi: False Love Season 1 - Part 1 (Episodes 1-10) [DVD] Release: 20/04/2015
w3KH4IP.jpg

Lol Saison #Kazé

/XX/

Even though (as already well commented here) the spotlight on Midori gave a great insight into her commendable dedication shown... what I find most important is how this episode did more in routing what I think signals the 'final push' for this 'cour', so to speak:
how the running question about Miyamori finding her own main objective and motivation (recurrent during the series), and everyone expressing theirs with her continuing to be not clear enough about it, is drawn in clear parallelism with Aria's speech on the script she reads at the end of this episode. Moreover, I think that to make sufficiently clear this was aimed specially at Miyamori the part with Midori saying not one of her lines were chosen for the script actually prevents relating the speech to her own sentiments on the matter (as another 'newbie' that she is).

It made me wonder about how another pinch during a production-rush moment could be used as a series' final climax to cement that realization, as a final accomplishment for this main character to work further than ever for the sake of fulfilling those dreams of others this time, reiterating that "new-found" conviction. And I seriously think that 'support role' stance could be her final resolve on why she will probably continue as an animation industry worker... or at least make her reflect on it even more during the last couple of episodes, perhaps.

ibyea

Banned
Shirobako 20
Hiraoka was more unbearable than usual in this episode. God what an asshole. Well,
the office douchebag finally gets told off by Madoka for his douchebaggery, and the president tells him to his face, even if nicely, that the reason he god mad was because the comments were true.
The other character under focus was Diesel girl,
who tries to get mentored under under the writer guy and gets assignment from him.
Finally, it goes over what motivates everyone to create anime, which was the overarching theme of this episode.

Your Lie In April 19

I loved watching the 3 just hang out and Kousei being super enthusiastic about his egg salad sandwiches. They're great rivals and if given the opportunity could become great friends.

Kaori ;_; I'm glad she's got some hope back. I hope they actually say what kind of illness she has.

BluWacky

Your Lie In April 19

Kaori ;_; I'm glad she's got some hope back. I hope they actually say what kind of illness she has.

That'll take the magic out of it. As soon as it's identifiable, the audience can go "wait, that's not how it works!" or "they're treating her all wrong!". It's like Love Story, the classic 1970s weepie drama that KimiUso shares more than a few similarities with - you never know what exactly is wrong with the beautiful, quirky, musical love interest, just that she's very very ill.

(the other things that spring to mind are Moulin Rouge or La Dame Aux Camelias, with Satine and Marguerite respectively dying "the beautiful death")

John Blade

Gundam Wing - 2

Don't watch this show subbed.

Gundam Wing 3-5

The dub is where it's at for this show.

Also those mech designs. So good.

Man...this show is the bomb for me and might be the one that push me to look into Japanese animated. I won't ruin the mood of the show but don't think too much and just watch it without thinking. It will save you a lot of issue down the road.

While I too love that dub, it'd be remiss of me not to bring up that Zechs is a Koyasu role.

Sub Zechs is Dio? Awesome. Still not watching that sub though. :p

Man...this show is the bomb for me and might be the one that push me to look into Japanese animated. I won't ruin the mood of the show but don't think too much and just watch it without thinking. It will save you a lot of issue down the road.

Pretty much how I'm going about it. I'm just watching it for the dub voices and the fights. I'm sure the story is at least somewhat decent nonetheless though if this is one of the more popular Gundams.

That'll take the magic out of it. As soon as it's identifiable, the audience can go "wait, that's not how it works!" or "they're treating her all wrong!". It's like Love Story, the classic 1970s weepie drama that KimiUso shares more than a few similarities with - you never know what exactly is wrong with the beautiful, quirky, musical love interest, just that she's very very ill.

(the other things that spring to mind are Moulin Rouge or La Dame Aux Camelias, with Satine and Marguerite respectively dying "the beautiful death")

Oh yeah thats true. It would definitely be a distraction. I guess I wasnt sure if she has a memory problem or a physical disability or shes just dying in general. Oh well, few more episodes left!

You suck! Yeah, I am pulling a message from four days ago up while catching up on the thread because of how much you suck!

You can't deny the harem, son. Motherfucker has them wimminz lining up to have sex with him. Because there isn't a single other handsome decent guy in the whole universe that doesn't have the balance of a toothpick.

John Blade

I haven't seen any UC Gundam show (I don't think Gundam X counts) so I don't think that's going to matter much for me, haha.

Gundam X is kinda on the odd side as it's kinda trying to do the what if situation from the UC timeline and go from there. I actually like Gundam X even with it's issue. Still, just watch it and you should love the fight scene and don't think too hard as you will start to see faults like why Lady Diana have a crush on Hero even though they don't know each other at all (only the incident) and Hero try to kill her (don't want to say but they will be more than 1 time).

If you like that show, do watch the movie to complete this saga and if you love it too much, go read the manga for the back story of the main 5 teenagers boys. It will blow you away for some of the back story.

Andrew J.

While I too love that dub, it'd be remiss of me not to bring up that Zechs is a Koyasu role.

Sometimes I remember that Takehito Koyasu has been the most famous and prolific voice actor in the industry for as long as I've been an anime fan, and just boggle vacantly in amazement for a few moments.

You can't deny the harem, son. Motherfucker has them wimminz lining up to have sex with him. Because there isn't a single other handsome decent guy in the whole universe that doesn't have the balance of a toothpick.

I hope Tusk goes back to his home planet or explodes at the end so Ange can shack up with her harem.

Tusk just holds Ange back it's all he can do

Melchior

Hey anigaf I just wanted to figure out if this website was a reputable source for info.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-se...ters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
particularly that article. If you don't want to click it's apparently what the oscar voters wrote for animated movie choice and one that stuck out to me was this.

Voter #5: I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
MY VOTE: Big Hero 6

So yea just wondering if this is some satire I don't get or made up stuff.
I'll remove the link if you guys want me to but yea. Just wondering if CartoonBrew is legit or not.

TUSR

Banned
Ange x Salamandinay

So yea just wondering if this is some satire I don't get or made up stuff.
I'll remove the link if you guys want me to but yea. Just wondering if CartoonBrew is legit or not.
I can't comment on the site, but i've seen that quote before, pretty sure it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom