• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
[Yu Yu Hakusho] - 73

ijbanj.gif

Woah! Very fluid animation and incredible direction!

Though I'd certainly love it, hell I'd love if we got all the OVAs made that follow on in the west. Especially now that the story is complete.

Really is a favourite of mine. Probably my favourite magical girlfriend genre show.

There's no harem in AMG really. The fact that there's like one other girl that sort of likes K1 doesn't really make it into a harem, really.

Well its a magical girlfriend show, not a harem show as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that it's not a harem show .. i'm a fan of the franchise i have all the manga/dvd/and material i could find on it.

But someone told that every anime is a harem show on this very forom , so i'm following his guidance.

kewlmyc

Parasyte 20

Laughed my ass off when the elite parasite told the soldiers to follow him so they could have more room and they actually followed him instead of shooting him in the back.

Other than that, good episode. Though the whole "who'e the real monster" thing is starting to get old.

Parasyte 20

Laughed my ass off when the elite parasite told the soldiers to follow him so they could have more room and they actually followed him instead of shooting him in the back.

Other than that, good episode. Though the whole "who'e the real monster" thing is starting to get old.

That's literally the whole point of the series lol

Kantai Collection - 08

Well anyone who know a bit of history about this time period or have played the game , knows exactly what these not so subtle forshadowing means .;'ill just hope for a original ending .

Anyway kancolle 08 was an excellent episode , as becky is now getting another ship in her harem, i mean circle of friends. Don't stop there, Main character ! Let us raise the bar higher for future events !

They did a good job with the several issues at hand regarding the relationships between the characters , zuikaku & kaga is evolving quite well , this give me hope for the next episodes.

oh and this ..
1424909876426.gif

So ...
cute0

^^^is awesome. that squirell stood no chance , enjoy your fate , little beast .!!!!

Not Log Horizon, but Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. I'm fine with Shin Mazinger Z.

Oh, okay. Just looked that up and the premise is certainly...interesting.

All right then, it's settled. You watch Shin Mazinger Z, and I watch Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

I'll check it out tomorrow though, I want to watch another Mushi-shi episode tonight.

Saw Redline over the weekend. Aside from the incredible race scenes, I found the rest of the movie kind of boring. I dont even know if it had any storyline. And it just ends like that too.

But man those racing scenes. So much love and dedication on each frame. It really was eye melting. They also nailed speed really well. Every boost felt faster than the one before it. Have to watch it again as I'm sure I missed a lot of details while I was drooling.

Overall, worth the money for the race scenes alone, but rest of the movie was uninteresting.

Mothman91

Just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. Wtf....I don't know what to say at those last 2 episodes, show was doing very well until then lol.

Anyway what movies should I watch?

Just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion. Wtf....I don't know what to say at those last 2 episodes, show was doing very well until then lol.

Anyway what movies should I watch?

End of Eva is the replacement for the last two episodes. Start there. Rebuild are a re-imagining of the series.

TheRancor

I don't remember the show having Sakuga of any kind (Then again it's been almost a decade since I watched it)
It's probably listed on the (unfinished) 90s Sakuga List for a reason. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZmFrVVBlSGNEZlVOdFhuU3AxZ2c&usp=sharing#gid=2

To be honest, I feel like a lot of shows from that era in particular will generally look very average.
I don't think that's particularly true in regards to comparing it with present anime, a lot of shows today look rather average as well but more shows are being made now compared to then of course.

Sometimes not even having "fluid" animation. So seeing stuff like this was an absolute pleasure when it actually happens.
While that is all well and good, fluid animation != good animation. Just look at the choppy dynamic movement of Yoshinori Kanada or Imaishi's cool poses or how about Mitsuo Iso's full limited etc. Just saying there should be more to it than being "fluid" I guess.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Samurai Flamenco - 07

I have no word.

Did the producer got hit by a truck during the production of episode 7 or something? And they had to find some other guy that had no idea how to do slice of life to finish the show?

Jex

Doesn't exactly help that AIC is kinda dead now too...

I'd really like a S3 though.

Though I'd certainly love it, hell I'd love if we got all the OVAs made that follow on in the west. Especially now that the story is complete.

Really is a favourite of mine. Probably my favourite magical girlfriend genre show.
If the manga is complete, there's no product for an anime to drive sales on, besides merchandise. It's just not worth doing.

Jex

I don't remember the show having Sakuga of any kind (Then again it's been almost a decade since I watched it)

Even when the show doesn't look that interesting from a direction standpoint there's actually a fair amount of really nice looking animation.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Samurai Flamenco - 07

I have no word.

Did the producer got hit by a truck during the production of episode 7 or something? And they had to find some other guy that had no idea how to do slice of life to finish the show?
This is it. The real Samurai Flamenco begin here

jgminto

Parasyte 20

But who are the REAL Parasytes!?

What's AnimeGAF's opinion on the Monogatari series of TV vs BD? Been doing some reading online and it seems that the BD releases have changed many things from their TV counterparts.

Currently I've finished with the first 12 episodes of Bakemonogatari depicted in the format of its TV release and in researching the next 3 episodes I discovered the differences of TV/BD versions. Does the BD improve the series despite its many changes (plus additions of a few scenes) or does are its changed convoluted?

For Parasyte it was probably to help push the live action movie.

Could also be a similar case for Mirai Nikki which had a TV Drama starting a week after the show ended.

Also a possibility with Death Note, which also started after the manga had already ended.

No idea with Level E or Ushio to Tora though.

I know I'm late on this one, so forgive me. I get all my news from the TV show Cheaters, specifically the latest one that aired over the weekend..

RIP to Robert Magruder, the announcer on that show and the narrator on Fairy Tail.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
For Parasyte it was probably to help push the live action movie.

I thought it was obvious why Parasyte is being made now. Hollywood has had the IP for years for a planned project that never came out, and the IP rights have lapsed, thus why there's a host of Parasyte related projects right now taking advantage of this fact. This anime would have been made a loooong time ago otherwise,e as the manga was actually pretty damn popular in it's time especially in regards to readership that finished the entire series..

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Parasyte episode 1 and 2
these are the type of stuff that usually stay as manga and are never animated, its very interesting so far, also as of episode 2 the couple of this series seems to be actually becoming a couple and not bullshiting with liking eachother but no acting like it.

jgminto

I thought it was obvious why Parasyte is being made now. Hollywood has had the IP for years for a planned project that never came out, and the IP rights have lapsed, thus why there's a host of Parasyte related projects right now. This anime would have been made a loooong time ago otherwise as the manga was actually pretty damn popular in it's time especially in regards to readership that finished the entire series..

You're right but the anime likely wouldn't have happened now if they weren't pushing other media as well.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You're right but the anime likely wouldn't have happened now if they weren't pushing other media as well.

Still believe the anime would have happened, It's a not a random project Madhouse is owned by Nippon Television and there was a reason why they were in a rush to get this anime out the second the IP lapsed. Parasyte was that big of a property,

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I notice Ushio and Tora still getting a reprint in 2004. Maybe the publisher planning to release the series again. Another theory, now that anime is more mainstream, the producition commitee hoping the anime will be a big push to sell the manga on international market.

Not so sure about Level E though. Someone probably thinking Togashi name is more than enough to sell Level E.

Still waiting for Lucifer and BIscuit Hammer adaptation. Come on record company, this is a good promotion tools to sell Pillows tie-in album.

Not so sure about Level E though. Someone probably thinking Togashi name is more than enough to sell Level E.

Togashi's name had been dragged through the mud with all his hiatuses, and it's not like Shueisha cared about anything from him outside of HxH at that moment. Level E was an obscure little series in between the two juggernauts he's responsible for and there wasn't a single thing to promote with it when the anime aired.

Weird.

Hunter x Hunter - 108

The last scene with the eagle was pretty touching. Looks like something is happening to our edgelord King. What the fuck is the chairman doing, has he been sitting on that rock and meditating all this time? It better be worth it
Smoke guy has been getting a fair amount of fights and screen time, which leads me to believe he's going to perish at the hands of the royal guards in the attack. I hope he isn't going to, because he's kind of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom