• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute duo - 08

So in this episode , useless girl was assaulted by bunny teacher

THE END.

How the heck do you do that ?
How do you twist your ankle ?? You're a super enhanced human !! Are you super clumsy ?
Are you telling me that you can climb a mountain barehanded but can't walk properly ?
Cleveland Browns-Chan finds a way. Si se puede! Si se puede!

KanameYuuki

: ( Ep6 of Majimoji Rurumo hit me hard, I wasn't expecting that ending, I wish more comedies did that and get serious just for 1 episode, it's really weird but strangely satisfying.

RIP in pece Jiken T~T as soon as Jiken decided not to eat and sleep I was like "He is going to die, isn't he?"

Tuck

Dog Days Episode 11
Its not exactly clear what happened to prevent Leo's star readings. I figured there'd be more to it, especially because the star readings were so concrete (Explicitly says "Nothing you do can avoid this outcome.") So it feels like a pretty big cop-out. Still enjoyable though. Fuck the fanservice though.

Articalys

Well, two months in and one to go for the season, and I'm more or less enjoying everything that was on my watchlist, with the exception of Kancolle, which is amusing at times but is also starting to really drag itself down with an over-reliance on incorporating as many fandom memes from the game as possible, and Saekano, which is taking forever to get anything actually going plot-wise and only really has me sticking around for Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's comedic reactions. I'm also slightly worried for ImasCG; a lot of the characters still seem like blank slates, though this one still has four months left and I know it's unfair to compare them to the 765 girls, who had an entire two games and story mode's worth of characterization already prepared by the time of their series.

Well, two months in and one to go for the season, and I'm more or less enjoying everything that was on my watchlist, with the exception of Kancolle, which is amusing at times but is also starting to really drag itself down with an over-reliance on incorporating as many fandom memes from the game as possible, and Saekano, which is taking forever to get anything actually going plot-wise and only really has me sticking around for Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's comedic reactions. I'm also slightly worried for ImasCG; a lot of the characters still seem like blank slates, though this one still has four months left and I know it's unfair to compare them to the 765 girls, who had an entire two games and story mode's worth of characterization already prepared by the time of their series.
I wouldn't call it over-reliance when its quite clear the series is directed at people who are already fans of the franchise and not newcomers. It would be more odd and extremely disappointing if it didn't have those things.

Narag

I wouldn't call it over-reliance when its quite clear the series is directed at people who are already fans of the franchise and not newcomers. It would be more odd and extremely disappointing if it didn't have those things.

Repair timer really drove this point home in episode 2 or whatever.

Midonin

Revolutionary Girl Utena 04-06

A very goofy, animal-centric set of stories this time. I liked the way the first part of Miki's pair of episodes kept escalating, with real snails, a mongoose and then a giant octopus balloon. Nanami just has bad luck with animals in general - like the Ikungaharoo. Things people mention when they talk about Utena: lesbianism, theme music, symbolism. Things they don't talk about (at least not initially): the kangaroo.

It's not all joeys and octopi, though. Miki's the first person besides Utena I've seen who's tried to actively go against the screwed up nature of the duels, and was still goaded into doing it. Then there's Nanami having the same idea as the rest of the student council - that Mitsuru being her "boyfriend" means he's also not her equal. I have a feeling these themes will only get stronger as the show continues onward.

With the show having its first two parter and one episode that didn't involve Utena that much and resolved itself without a duel at all, it's not nearly as beholden to formula as I thought. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

wonzo

Banned
Hunter X Hunter (1999) 32-62

I've seen the light. This is probably the best shounen I've watched. The last arc was stunningly good in how well it was directed and written. Kuripika episodes were definitely the standout in this series, but there wasn't anything I disliked about the rest except for the ones in the exam arc.

I need more HxH but I'm not sure what to watch next. Are the OVA's any good? Should I watch them or skip straight to the 2011 version?
OVA1 finished off the Yorknew Arc. Don't bother with the rest and don't bother with the middling 2011 version for everything else. Just read the manga as it makes the Chimera Ant arc a relative breeze to get through.

Akatsuki no yona - 20
This episode is why this arc is the BEST

Episode is a solid 10/10

This episode was nothing than a mayhem of emotion for Yona... but seeing her wandering left and right looking for something to do and then present her solution was excellent ... it's the pay-off for several episodes and the conclusion of her viewpoint being shattered by what she discovered.while travelling .. it's about time , but it's brillant because in her confrontation with hak , there is nothing he can do because he , too knows all too well about the changes she had to do about herself and the trials she had to overcome
Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2020_01.jpg
Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2020_02.jpg
Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2020_03.jpg

Super ! A powerfull and important scene for yona to grow as a character/heroine

The scene above is almost a gamechanger , and while hak point of view is fine as it's indeed very dangerous , in this scene hak look like someone afraid rather than someone thinking properly. In the previous Arc he freaked out during the cave-in , and with this arc events , hak appears like someone that is bound by rules rather than the free bodyguard he claims to be.
And that's what make this scene a win for yona, hak also knows that she needs to grow as a character as he see the hidden potential deep inside of yona.
She hasn't done anything yet , but you see how far yona has travelled since her carefree days in episode 1 ..is it guilt ? responsability ? regret ? but something's happenning for sure.
I recall 12 kingdoms dealed with the same theme within shouko storyline... and one should hope for a satisfying pay-off as well here.
Captain and yona are for me the best characters so far , because , as women , they sure know how to survive those harsh times yet , they are deeply aware of the reality in front of them and their weaknesses as humans.. What make those 2 characters better is that , in only a couple of episode they understood each other well ... to the point that we've got the scene above.

Both understand the risks , both understand why it's necessary , yet they are able to voice their thoughts and be honnest. i really like those characters for this reason ...especially the fact that they don't go for the easy route.
Even a seasonned veteran like our captain knew during the planning scene that it was useless to go against yona will and in that sense , when they talk alone they do appears as humans , with their faults , their worries and the fact ( if that was needed to be told ) that they care about their "nakamas".
The mother-daughter pact that was made that night is sure to last a long time.
Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2020_06.jpg
Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2020_07.jpg

best mascot ? best mascot !
but let's not forget about the rest of the team, in this episode our mascot stood out , but many character got their turns... Akatsuki no yona sure knows those little jabs of comedy to try to lightnen the mood when the themes treated are human traficking/slavery

So for all those reasons written above , i think this episode 20 of akatsuki no yona rocks and i sure hope that episode 21 will bring out the good stuff to finish this arc like it should.
Yona definitly earned my praise as a character, especially given how low she started as , but her recent behavior is excellent as she trully adapt to the harsh truth that was hidden from her and given the new information we now know, it makes the murder of the Il king is a much different perspective .can't wait to see how this will turn out.

Articalys

Repair timer really drove this point home in episode 2 or whatever.
Well, yeah, it's just that there have been some game adaptations that at least tried to stand a bit on their own, even if they didn't quite work out. Though I guess the popularity of Kancolle being rooted in its own inherent memetic derivations rather than anything about the gaemplay itself probably drove the direction they're using here.

Sterok

Koufuku Graffiti 8

Sports are hard. Letting Kirin cook may be dangerous. Shiina gets to take all the risks. Ryou can certainly taste love, though others can't quite see it.

Cross Ange 21

Nothing too unexpected honestly.
Salako got this. Maybe. Based Chris holding off the rebellion single-handedly. Momoka tripping all the death flags. Do those kids really not have a better place to hide? Embryo can control humans through god mode powers. And there's a human aboard the Aurora. Oops. Chris is adorably petty. And she can actually beat someone. I must admit Embryo's constant deaths are funny. Does he need to kill himself for long distance teleportation? Ersha needs to find a new hobby, because her she doesn't have a good track record in protecting kids. Momoka is surprisingly good with a sword. Nice suicide. Sucks that she died, even if I knew it was coming. Mildly surprised Tusk also bit it. He went out appropriately I guess. I don't know if I should be happy or annoyed that we can't actually confirm their deaths.

Go Princess Precure 5

Twinkle Twinkle little star. Shine as brightly as you can.
Haruka is one of those pestering people. Op changes yet again. Kirara brings Haruka into her world. Reminds me of when Nozomi became Urara's manager. All hail the mighty schedule. Kirara has some expectations to live up to. French people are assholes. Kirara sure knows how to shine. For a second I thought she was going to transform in order to impress him. She simply does not understand the allure of the pink. Minamin works as a nickname. Something seems up with Kirara. Hopefully I'm not just imagining things. She's fast. Good at commentary too. Dyspear is actually watching things. Interesting. Anyway, the team is together, so it's time to get the plot moving.

Thoraxes

Cross Ange 21

Nothing too unexpected honestly.
Salako got this. Maybe. Based Chris holding off the rebellion single-handedly. Momoka tripping all the death flags. Do those kids really not have a better place to hide? Embryo can control humans through god mode powers. And there's a human aboard the Aurora. Oops. Chris is adorably petty. And she can actually beat someone. I must admit Embryo's constant deaths are funny. Does he need to kill himself for long distance teleportation? Ersha needs to find a new hobby, because her she doesn't have a good track record in protecting kids. Momoka is surprisingly good with a sword. Nice suicide. Sucks that she died, even if I knew it was coming. Mildly surprised Tusk also bit it. He went out appropriately I guess. I don't know if I should be happy or annoyed that we can't actually confirm their deaths.
He needs to die in order to respawn. Like a video game.

Holy shit, what if Cross Ange is an anime about a video game and Embryo-sama is the player-character? It would be the perfect ending.

Go! Princess Precure 04-05

Nah Haru is still the better Precure and has the best transformation. But I do like the new girl's personality.

Yona is such a great show. I cant wait to watch more of it.

Yeah i do get some very good vibes while watching it.

Remind me of 12kingdoms or Saiunkoku monogatari

----------------------------
Seven deadly sins - 01 & 02

I wasn't sure when i should start watching this show
But i did !

Very good animation during those 2 episodes , with the spear scene to be very well done.

The talking pig is quite a intresting character and so far there is a lot to look forward to , as that holy knight seems cheated as hell but at least i can look forward to a great fight next episode.

Enjoying it so far.

Absolute duo - 08

So in this episode , useless girl was assaulted by bunny teacher

THE END.

How the heck do you do that ?
How do you twist your ankle ?? You're a super enhanced human !! Are you super clumsy ?
Are you telling me that you can climb a mountain barehanded but can't walk properly ?
No. You're a mediocre LN cliche.

Heroman

Why did I wait so long to watch this fantastic show?! It's absolutely amazing! And why isn't a huge hit in America yet? And where's Season 2? AND AND AND AND AND YES I BOUGHT THE AMAZING HEROMAN FIGURE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IF THIS DOESN'T GET YOU HYPED THEN GET OUT OF MY FACE

BUT NOW IT'S OVER :(

Heroman was a pretty fun show. If there was ever an anime that deserved a dub, it's Heroman. I mean, the show's freaking set in America!

It's a shame how the show finished though. It was clearly made with sequels in mind. Did it not sell well? From what I understand, the manga the show came from stopped at the exact same point the show did!

Aikatsu 102

This has some strange redux feelings from me on S1. Namely the possibility of Akari following Sumire while she's managing Ichigo.

I also like how Akari's previous roommate may as well be written out of the show because their roof leaked.

Syrinx

Aikatsu 102

This has some strange redux feelings from me on S1. Namely the possibility of Akari following Sumire while she's managing Ichigo.

I also like how Akari's previous roommate may as well be written out of the show because their roof leaked.
They literally exchange her for somebody else later on.

They literally exchange her for somebody else later on.

n721L96.gif

Pri Para 4

This just in, if middle schoolers listen to elementaries sing, it gives them enough strength to beat a beefy female tennis captain!

And hey, it's that one girl Eiko! Who Lala exchanged friend tickets with!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gundam: The Origin - 01
I'd enjoy this a lot more if it had:

- 100% less CG
- 100% less goofy Tomino-esque moments (okay Ral's scenes can stay)

Crunchy has the rights to Dog Days 1+2 in NA, but doesn't have the rights to 3. But still updates saying the new episode is on Crunchyroll, even though it's not watchable in NA....

is anyone watching that maria the virgin witch show still?

Just caught up with it tonight, now that the show's solidly moved away from the sexual humor angle from the first few episodes its found a much more solid hook for me. The world as a whole as well as the fleshing out of the whole Witches v. Church angle has really brought me in. Hoping it's able to finish off strong.

Maria the Virgin Witch - 08

Well, I was expecting a
rape plot
from that guy, and it looks like the time has come.

Honestly I'm a bit apprehensive about it. It's the obvious angle to take given the constraints that the Archangel put on her but a combination of how they were able to find about it
fucking Ezekiel ...
coupled with how hilariously overpowered Maria's shown to be up until this point is sort of testing my suspension of disbelief a bit. Like they're instilling a layer of vulnerability that doesn't make sense given all that the witches seem to be capable of. It's effective I suppose as a means of instilling the drama but a part of me wishes that they hadn't gone down that road. My personal preferences on the use of the device isn't a fair criticism but I just can't help but feel that it's taking the easy route in terms of provoking an emotional response.

And if this arc ends in a situation where the male
is in a position to fully take advantage of Maria and comes to some sort of moral enlightenment because of his connection with the primary male protagonist and just backs off of Maria before anything happens instead of Maria laughing at his puny mortal attempts before blasting him into the stratosphere
then I'm going to have some problems.

Thoraxes

Honestly I'm a bit apprehensive about it. It's the obvious angle to take given the constraints that the Archangel put on her but a combination of how they were able to find about it
fucking Ezekiel ...
coupled with how hilariously overpowered Maria's shown to be up until this point is sort of testing my suspension of disbelief a bit. Like they're instilling a layer of vulnerability that doesn't make sense given all that the witches seem to be capable of. It's effective I suppose as a means of instilling the drama but a part of me wishes that they hadn't gone down that road. My personal preferences on the use of the device isn't a fair criticism but I just can't help but feel that it's taking the easy route in terms of provoking an emotional response.

And if this arc ends in a situation where the male
is in a position to fully take advantage of Maria and comes to some sort of moral enlightenment because of his connection with the primary male protagonist and just backs off of Maria before anything happens instead of Maria laughing at his puny mortal attempts before blasting him into the stratosphere
then I'm going to have some problems.
I almost wonder if
Jospeh is just going to find out, then end up killing him to protect Maria in some kind of dramatic confrontation.

Really though, it's as you said. She should be able to
slaughter him with ease.

It looked like whatever he gave him may b
e used to drug all of them
or something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom