• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Microsoft and Xbox One finally show it's true face
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...venture-game-hits-xbox-one-in-japan-on-may-28

It's actually a sibyl system
0sqtB5o.jpg

Damn MS are going all out on Psycho Pass aren't they? Are they hoping it'll be their Idolm@ster of the 8th gen?

Damn MS are going all out on Psycho Pass aren't they? Are they hoping it'll be their Idolm@ster of the 8th gen?

If they want a 8th gen Idolm@ster, they should just develop a "Microsoft M@ster", since MS have bunch of official moe mascot(like win7, 8, Azure, Bing, IE, or even SQL Server, Virtualization and more)

Thoraxes

Aldnoah - 20

That whole last scene had me smiling smug as fuck. It's glorious.
The despair of Lemrina, the hope of Slaine ready to be crushed, Eldorito fucking up, Inaho's keikaku, and Slaine's shit getting uncovered by Mazurek...
So good.

Can't wait for Slaine to get shit on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 85

Right, so pretty much every episode from 81 up to the finale is actually a must watch as this stretch of episodes forms a true arc that all need to be watched one after another. It helps that the this is the strongest the writing and direction for the series has been over the course of the two seasons. If all of Sailor Moon R had been like this I might have been inclined to call it the strongest of the seasons.
Anyway, the upshot in this episode is that Wiseman has gotten into the head of Chibi-Usa and manipulated that extreme selfishness streak she has in her to its darkest logical conclusion. It appears that puberty is going to treat Chibi-Usa very well. Indeed TOEI animation is have noted the shapeliness of her ass like you wanted, I find myself confusaroused over it. Anyway, I still prefer Black Lady's faux teen angst over Chibi-Usa's pampered and spoiled postulations. At any rate, Black Lady and Dimande head back into the past to revive the black gate idea and the scouts also head back and since we have to stretch things out beyond this episode, Wiseman's brainwashing proves to be too effective right now and even the Sailor Scouts realize how dark and edgy things have gotten.

That's insulting to LNs.
I read a lot of them and i've never seen such a useless being .
I read dozens of Lns each year and i'm baffled .. I'm all for clichés , but this ? no ..just no.

A clumsy girl tripping so the protagonist can carry her is the most baffling thing you've seen in a LN?

Aldnoah - 20

The despair of Lemrina, the hope of Slaine ready to be crushed, Eldorito fucking up, Inaho's keikaku, and Slaine's shit getting uncovered by Mazurek...
So good.

And we on #teamslaine will be there to laugh at you when he pulls it all off in the end.

A clumsy girl tripping so the protagonist can carry her is the most baffling thing you've seen in a LN?

No , she can trip for all i care .. i can't forgive her usefullness.

I really dislike this character because of how, imo she drag the show down

A clumsy tripping girl is ok , i see this all the time. A character with no purpose after 8 episode of screen time ? pathetic

By the Ln count we're in the middle of the 3rd book...and she still has done sh*t

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon R: Episode 86

I Saphir shall never die! God damn TOEI animation, I have always hated your spoiler filled titles no matter what the anime. Anyway, this was the big focus episode for Saphir, younger brother of Dimainde and blandest of the Black Moon Clan. Anyway, this is the culmination of his arc and I be honest this is the weakest episode in this final serial arc, mainly because the narrative convenience was just working overtime beyond the point of believability.

For example, we have Wiseman just randomly ranting about his true plans and how he is in actuality an agent for the giant space flea out of nowhere for the season, Death Phantom and how he is using Dimande. The entire speech is very clearly engineered to finally get Saphir of his ass and do something about the situation and narrative convenience has it place, but this episode was just sloppy. Another good example is The Specter Sisters showing up randomly and Saphir just happened to teleport near them so they can have a pointless romantic connection I suppose for the sake of pathos but it is really isn't wanted or needed.

I could seriously just go on and on about this point but I think it has been made. I did however like the showcasing of abilities that Black Lady has and it made the fighting actually interesting for once. The end result of all this is Saphir indeed dies because Wiseman executes him before the vital information can be spell out but this was so brazen and since Saphir is still the bother, the seeds of doubt have been cast.

FFS, Jojo, I feel like I'm going to get arrested for watching that last episode!

(The episode in question, Set's Alessi Part 1 contains a super creepy bad guy who could easily be pegged as a pedo, followed by a bathing scene including Full frontal Child nudity, and a grown woman touching [
]Kid Polnareff's[
] Chin-Chin while he squirms in pleasure. This is played for laughs. )

dio_brando_wtf___avatar_by_zaza94ever-d5cxyg4.jpg

Gundam Wing 9-12

I'm really enjoying this so far.

Quatre and Duo are my favorites of the five, mostly for being the non-angsty ones.

Wu Fei is my least favorite of the five because the words that come out of his mouth half the time consist of "WEAKLINGS WEAKLINGS WEAKLINGS".

Zechs is one of those honorable warrior villain types, and I love those kinds of of villains in anime.

That and the mech designs are SO GOOD. Freaking Gundam Deathscythe and Gundam Sandrock are some of the coolest looking Gundams out there and look even more awesome in battle.

I don't get the hate. Everyone who says this is the worst Gundam probably hasn't seen 00 S2 and the movie or AGE.

Gundam Wing 9-12

Quatre and Duo are my favorites of the five, mostly for being the non-angsty ones.

Wu Fei is my least favorite of the five because the words that come out of his mouth half the time consist of "WEAKLINGS WEAKLINGS WEAKLINGS".

Zechs is one of those honorable warrior villain types, and I love those kinds of of villains in anime.

That and the mech designs are SO GOOD. Freaking Gundam Deathscythe and Gundam Sandrock are some of the coolest looking Gundams out there and look even more awesome in battle.

I don't get the hate. Everyone who says this is the worst Gundam probably hasn't seen 00 S2 and the movie or AGE.

Deathscythe and Duo are the best (and Heero, whats wrong with Heero for you :( ). Wu Fei is alright which I guess most of the fandom believes as even today he has many fewer fics support than Duo/Heero or often appears in a support role or antagonistic one.

phaze

Gundam Wing 9-12

It doesn't get proper silly until you get to ~25 episode mark.

And no, Wing and Reconguista kinda robbed me of any desire to check out the rest of the franchise. (I'll at some point.)

But if you can cope with Relena so far you have a shot at not finding it terribly awful.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Just plain awful.

HEROBANK Episode 47 – Risky Battle! Rescue Sekito Sakurada!!

This gambling episode was hilarious. The Gom Cruise Mission Impossible moment was one of the funniest moments yet for Mitsuo. Getting Mitsuo and everyone else involved in this gambling plot was great. They even did the Big Money Company opening routine one more time. I just missed Sekito, Head of Battles, in it though :(
B_GZyN_VIAAZJRB.png:large

Enjoyed the reunion with Kaito asking the most important question first.

Deathscythe and Duo are the best (and Heero, whats wrong with Heero for you :( ). Wu Fei is alright which I guess most of the fandom believes as even today he has many fewer fics support than Duo/Heero or often appears in a support role or antagonistic one.

Heero's all right. He's better than Setsuna F. Seiei in that he actually shows some emotions a lot more.

It doesn't get proper silly until you get to ~25 episode mark.

And no, Wing and Reconguista kinda robbed me of any desire to check out the rest of the franchise. (I'll at some point.)

But if you can cope with Relena so far you have a shot at not finding it terribly awful.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

Just plain awful.

Do you want a legit great Gundam show? May I recommend G Gundam good sir?

I mean, look at this:

Best Gundam show ever made. It's practically up there with TTGL and Gunbuster as one of the great super robot shows.

cajunator

Banned
Aldnoah - 20

So good.

WOuld you say Aldnoah or Cross ange is the more entertaining trainwreck? Should I just try to fit in both?

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Frontier: 5

Nothing of note happened this episode. Just the main cast destroying a near slave-labor facility to free its workers. Also the worst character got his Spirit Evolution. Like I said, nothing of note.

Jex

Gundam: The Origin - 01
I'd enjoy this a lot more if it had:

- 100% less CG
- 100% less goofy Tomino-esque moments (okay Ral's scenes can stay)

This begs the question, did you enjoy the movie? Did it succeed despite those flaws?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This begs the question, did you enjoy the movie? Did it succeed despite those flaws?
It was a middling movie vindicated by the production values and the appeal of borh Char and Ramba.

Hunter x Hunter - 140

Feels good seeing all these familiar faces again, especially Hisoka. I must say the enchanting image I had of Ging has somewhat plummet.
Been so long I forgot Leorio existed, that Ging Punch was something though, good to see him again. Now lets just get suited up Paprika up in this business and we're back to the good old days.

e_i

Rezbian Bear Storm episode 9

Oh, wait, no new episode this week. After last week's cliffhanger, we have to wait another week. *Goes to smash shit*

Midonin

Absolute Duo 09

While anything involving these guys who look like they came out of Halo doesn't interest me that much, getting a chance to see Julie reveal her inner emotions, and Prof. Bunny unleash her inner Rika Furude, is pretty entertaining. Yukarin's really cornered the market on characters who go from cute (or fake-cute) to brutal. The utilitarian view of Miyabi has been kinda sad - she's still a person, still with emotions, still trying her best.
That doesn't mean she needs to join the Halo dudes. That's just not cool. She's making a deal with the devil.

tariniel

Not strictly winter anime but... I just finished Steins;Gate

This series was just... amazing. I laughed and cried and was addicted to this show. It was perfect.

RedSwirl

Finally caught GitS Arise on Netflix.

I have no idea what the fuck happened in Border 1 and can't find a synopsis anywhere.

WOuld you say Aldnoah or Cross ange is the more entertaining trainwreck? Should I just try to fit in both?

At least Cross Ange went from Train Wreck to Legitimately good despite being Hark A Vagrant's STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS in animated form. CA is actually consistent and doesn't pull stupid out of its hat like Aldnoah constantly does.

Midonin

Revolutionary Girl Utena 07-09

Utena has an unexpected knack for animal-based humor. Surfing elephants are a special kind of amazing, one that shows that as much as the show is using its animated medium to express emotions that can't be conveyed except symbolically, it's also embracing the kind of wackiness that animation allows for so easily. Have you ever tried to teach an elephant to surf? It's not easy.

The stories with Juri and Saionji, however. Juri isn't
expelled
yet, and the end of her story was actually kind of heartwarming. I can barely recognize Mitsuishi in the role, given that I assume Usagi is her default voice, even though this is probably closer to her natural one. Episode 9 was the first time some hint about what was going on was given - and the student council, I can see how they influenced things like KLK again. Very much about order and rituals, following them near-blindly, those who disobey, this vague End of the World seems fit to knock down. That Utena got a ring despite being outside their system is clearly the catalyst for... something. Huge change in personality from how she was before, going by that flashback.

...was the second season of Minami-Ke trying to do a homage to Ikuhara's style and I wasn't aware of it? It came across as creepy rather than artistic there. Perhaps it's all in the directing.

javac

Tomorrows Blu-ray and DVD releases in the US for the month of 03/03/2015. Links lead to Amazon unless it's an exclusive.
Blu-ray
03/03/15
Outbreak Company Complete Collection [Sentai] $40.29
C28kPZL.jpg
Space Dandy: Season 1 [Funimation] $37.39
JRqO0Ys.jpg
Space Dandy: Season 1 (Limited Edition Blu-ray+DVD) [Funimation] $40.29
p3E0GM5.jpg
Space Dandy: Season 1 Amazon Exclusive / Aloha 'oe Crew Edition / Blu-ray + DVD [Funimation] $91.49
2m7p5S6.jpg
Space Dandy: Season 1 Funimation Shop Exclusive / The Boobies Experience Edition / Blu-ray + DVD [Funimation] $97.49
KEWOZly.jpg
Gurren Lagann Vol. 5 [AoA] $49.98
IX9cJL3.jpg
Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Collection [Funimation] $42.99
D3RHl9G.jpg
Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Collection LE [Funimation] $49.99
cdKj2QY.jpg
Chronicles of the Going Home Club Blu-ray Complete Series Premium Edition [NISA] $47.99
jBhgTow.jpg
Ranma ½: Set 5 [VIZ] $39.26
vWEwosj.jpg

DVD
03/03/15
Pokémon Collectors Set: Pokémon Heroes The Movie / Pokémon 4Ever / Pokémon Destiny Decoys The Movie / Pokémon Jirachi Wishmaker [Lionsgate] $6.59
y41MFPC.jpg
Yakitate!! Japan: Part 1 [TRSI] $34.99
YIg3QAu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom