• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Bakemonogatari 1

This show is good

Bakemonogatari 2

BJ0Dmpk.jpg

Cross Ange 21

Time for drama

-RosaChris didn't happen, in fact things went sour when she killed one of the lolis.

-Ersha kids dead. I think Ersha isn't going to be "saved" in the series, she will die while still being in the bad side.

-Momoka died. RIP Top maid. The Momoka in the pilot suit in the opening was a total red herring, lol.

-Tusk died? It seems he immolated himself with some explosive he had in the chest vest.
RIP Tusk, but your death was needed and you were a boring character.

Giolon

Cross Ange 21

Wow, Cross Ange got serious. Did anyone notice how much better the animation quality was this episode? There weren't any derp faces that really stood out to me on the first watch and them mecha battles were pretty nicely done.

Baalzebup

Cross Ange 21

This episode kinda highlights how badly this show is animated at times. There are all kinds of weird animations, like that shooting-spin Hilda did when closing in with Chris. What the hell was the point of that, beside trying to look cool and failing miserably.

I'd also like to have a chat with the director. The flow of events is all over the place and that choir piece with the male vocalist(s) does not fit with what is going on on the screen at all.

Tusks and Momoka
going all kamikaze was kinda sad. Though if Momoka stays dead, so should Tusk. You don't kill the best maid and leave Tusk alive, dammit!

Did anyone notice how much better the animation quality was this episode? .

Huh.. I found this episode to be one of the derpiest yet. Maybe not the faces, but plenty of other kind of jank.

Cross Ange - 21

Who drove that parked car? It was pretty good timing.
RIP Momoka and Tusk
I admit I laughed way harder than I should have when it exploded. Maybe it's all the Aloha Snackbar videos I've seen.
FBicBA9.jpg
haM2ocr.jpg

I'll never get tired of the Salami-sama names

Giolon

Cross Ange 21

This episode kinda highlights how badly this show is animated at times. There are all kinds of weird animations, like that shooting-spin Hilda did when closing in with Chris. What the hell was the point of that, beside trying to look cool and failing miserably.

I'd also like to have a chat with the director. The flow of events is all over the place and that choir piece with the male vocalist(s) does not fit with what is going on on the screen at all.

Tusks and Momoka
going all kamikaze was kinda sad. Though if Momoka stays dead, so should Tusk. You don't kill the best maid and leave Tusk alive, dammit!

Huh.. I found this episode to be one of the derpiest yet. Maybe not the faces, but plenty of other kind of jank.

Cross Ange is not a show I come to for things that make realistic sense, lol. It's flashy. It's trashy. I think it's good at what it does. At least it makes more logical story sense than G-Reco (not like that's hard). It's always looked pretty janky overall.

I started a rewatch and events that happen in the late teen episodes are set up in the first handful. I'm somewhat impressed that there was at least that much thought put into the show.

Although, according to the Cross Ange Festa event's QA last week Sala was supposed to be introduced in Ep 7, but the music company demanded a Salia episode to help promote Kitamura's CD. :-/

Also, there was supposed to be more examination of Kira's backstory and his parents, but it got axed due to a re-write of Ep 14 or something.

Cross Ange - 21

Who drove that parked car?
Momoka with mana. That's why she lit up.

Baalzebup

Cross Ange is not a show I come to for things that make realistic sense, lol. It's flashy. It's trashy. I think it's good at what it does. ..

I started a rewatch and events that happen in the late teen episodes are set up in the first handful. I'm somewhat impressed that there was at least that much thought put into the show. .

I don't expect realism or things making sense even most of the time (this is anime after all) but things like that spin are pointless AND derpy. Being trashy is fine. Being flashy is fine. Pointless but cool is fine. But that spin was pointless and looked silly as fuck. And not the kind of silly that makes for good or intentional comedy either.

I agree about the episodes setting up later events in a decent fashion. My comment about the direction was about this particular episode.

/XX/

This new month that is now commencing will grant us three possible options we could have to watch the new full PV for the upcoming Girls und Panzer movie; first, on the 2015 Ōarai Spring Festival 'Kairaku Festa', always bustling with GuP content since the series started to air. Secondly, thanks to the bonus digital disc that comes along a special edition of a Japanese domestic release for the live-action film Fury. And thirdly, during the habitual barrage of videos coming from AnimeJapan 2015. Which option will reach us (people overseas) first?

Good thing is that they've had more time to prepare this PV than the poor souls at Musashino Animation, so Mr. Mizushima & Co., (after venting like that) don't have any excuse left to not deliver! :)

Cross Ange 21

Chris even more best girl after this episode. Also I have to question Tusk's logic in doing what he did in this episode.
Though no doubt he has some special ability and when Embryo dies at the end Tusk is be bullshited back to life. I hope he stays worm food though.

Hunter x Hunter - 124

Oh wow good for you Palm. I didn't expect her to break free. She seems a lot stronger now. I wonder if she can still use her blood statue thing. Killua's breakdown was sort of touching, but also sort of hilarious, I couldn't stop thinking of this

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
21 episodes in and this is the first time I've noticed Cross Ange seems to be the popular show of the moment.

cajunator

Banned

The bluray sets look alright to me. Much better than any other source Ive seen. that said, I didnt expect too much given how old the show is. Also Viz does suck.

AnimeGAF I've been drinking and all but I just wanna say that i love all of you. Even with your giant breasts anime girls

I love you too doggy-sama.
*hugglesqueaks

Lain predates the matrix right?

It does but I never realized how soon after Lain that Matrix debuted!
It seemed like I knew of Lain forever before the Matrix!

Bakemonogatari 1

This show is good

Bakemonogatari 2

You have begun one of the most interesting and unique anime journeys. How deep into the rabbit hole do you plan to go?

Hunter x Hunter - 125

I love the impacting soundtrack in this scene. Chairman going bananas on the king. This better turn out to be one of the best fights ever for the amount of teasing they've done.

Hunter x Hunter - 126

The fight was alright I guess. Netero made up for it with his crazy Bodhisattva, nen aura blast from space etc, but the king is nothing special to me. He's basically a tank that eventually reads his opponent. Whoopity fucking do. What a let down. Hisoka where are youuuuu
I don't even know what to think of the nuke. I'm going to bet my left nut that the king is still alive somehow. RIP in pepperoni NTR, you tried.

Thoraxes

Cross Ange - 21

ペルソナ

So fucking good. Momoka's Death, dat car, the unveiling of the true purpose of the master plan behind Embryo's master plan, Tusk being a boss and claiming Ange, everyone who uses mana is a homunculus, the Demon of Heiselberg Resident of a nondeterministic world (wut is going on), Ange is getting cuter again for some reason, all those little kids died again, dat friendship and betrayal between Chris and Hilda+Rosalie, Salashalasa-sama gets another new name, Momoka legit surprises the shit out of Embryo-sama by using mana against him and using her free will to do so, zombies, god dammit Tusk please don't be dead.

A ton of shit happened this episode, and it was awesome. I can't wait for
Tusk to unveil his Jesus powers to counter Embryo-sama's demon powers.
It's gotta happen after that promise
kissu.

Also this fucking picture from the next episode preview is amazing.
Embryo-sama: "Salia, I had a bad day. Time to fuck to relieve my stress from being blue-balled by Ange so much."
My money is on her
killing herself
when she finds out she's been
being used
this whole time anyways lol.

Narag

Hunter x Hunter - 126

The fight was alright I guess. Netero made up for it with his crazy Bodhisattva, nen aura blast from space etc, but the king is nothing special to me. He's basically a tank that eventually reads his opponent. Whoopity fucking do. What a let down. Hisoka where are youuuuu
I don't even know what to think of the nuke. I'm going to bet my left nut that the king is still alive somehow. RIP in pepperoni NTR, you tried.

Hisoka's MIA this arc. It's briefly touched upon as to why during the Election Arc but my takeaway is he would have gotten himself killed against the Ants in his search for strong opponents lol.

Durarara X2 - 8

There's 4 episodes left in this season and it feels like the plot is still just exiting the setup phase. I suppose it's good that 8 more seasons of this are already coming. And boy is this show suffering from some uh, inconsistent animation and character art.

phaze

Bakemonogatari 1

This show is good

Bakemonogatari 2

Here I think you'll find it of use in more or less immediate future. :p

Hunter x Hunter - 126

I agree with both charges against the episode but I think it manages to excel despite that. Great direction and Netero continuously surprising Meruem made things tense like never before.

sasuke_91

I just finished Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and this show was pretty amazing. Light hearted comedy with a lot of Shoujo parody. A solid 8/10 in my book.

Koufuku x Hunter - 128

So the king is stronger than ever. Guess mankind is fucked, and our hope probably lies with Eyebrows to change his mind. I'm feeling a connection between the first half of this episode and Koufuku Graffiti.
☑ Blushing
☑ Detailed description of delicious nourishment
☑ Moaning and foodgasms

Cross Ange - 21

ペルソナ

So fucking good. Momoka's Death, dat car, the unveiling of the true purpose of the master plan behind Embryo's master plan, Tusk being a boss and claiming Ange, everyone who uses mana is a homunculus, the Demon of Heiselberg Resident of a nondeterministic world (wut is going on), Ange is getting cuter again for some reason, all those little kids died again, dat friendship and betrayal between Chris and Hilda+Rosalie, Salashalasa-sama gets another new name, Momoka legit surprises the shit out of Embryo-sama by using mana against him and using her free will to do so, zombies, god dammit Tusk please don't be dead.

The "Demon of Heiselberg Resident of a nondeterministic world" has to be a reference to "Heisenberg Uncertainty principle", so we quantum-mechanics now, where things are nondeterministic and probability rules all. I suppose that was why there are two parallel worlds and why the clash of Sala and Ange song lett hem see other possible lives, and why he appears undamaged after dying, he says "nope, that actually didn't happen/happened in another world, I was here all along!". I suppose Tusk did some research on him somehow but didn't really understand it.

Defuser

Cross Ange ep 21
Jebus, Embyro is like Kenny from South Park.
RIP momoka, your death was overshadowed by Tusk lol
And Tusk/Ange are fucking stupid, they already know killing Embyro is useless and spawns him anywhere the moment he dies so why bother to keep on killing him?

Jex

Cross Ange ep 21
Jebus, Embyro is like Kenny from South Park.
RIP momoka, your death was overshadowed by Tusk lol
And Tusk/Ange are fucking stupid, they already know killing Embyro is useless and spawns him anywhere the moment he dies so why bother to keep on killing him?

Tusk is apparently well aware of this, which is why he disables Embryo's arm. Embryo one ups him by committing suicide but that certainly leaves me with the impression that its possible to permanently disable/imprison him.

Testament of Sister New Devil - 08

It's getting better, but Lord Micheal Almighty do I hate the integration of this 50 Shades of Grey-level fanservice excuses(Oh no! The curse of disobedience has activated! Better make Mio more sexually submissive again to power up!) in the plot. It's even worse that it's tone is done so seriously.

4chan's /a/ can rant all they want about how the MC is more alpha than High School DxD's Issei and how no cockblocks occur later in the series. Testament still can't trump its rival's worldbuilding, likable cast(far beyond just a harem) and overall fun factor. Disclaimer: I read the light novels first and so should you.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Samurai Flamenco 7 Uh wtf just happened

Magic ;)
But seriously, my reaction is the same as yours

Death Parade 7-8

More world building. The latest episode is so damn intense, and it's a two part episode. Oh damn, shit got real. I'd love to see how Decim judgment on this one.

Midonin

Graffiti 08

Kirin's starting to take over Ryou's spot as the leader of their relationship, at least where it concerns athletics. She's really cute, and this episode cements it.

Maria 08

That church is sketchy as Hell.

Yatterman Night 08

I remember this episode of Sailor Moon! This was much better than that. Tozler and Boyacky's parent play was weird, but this whole series has been charmingly weird.

Leysha Sentai Saviorger 08

Sophie is now one of my favorite characters. Overall(s), she made a really strong impression this episode. And Moroha's going to
war with the Ruskies?
As long as he doesn't do it in the dead of winter, I guess. You could fit like 150 Japans inside their country, so even if he is a savior, that's a big mission he's taking on.

jbug617

Banned
Nanatsu No Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins 20

I really like
the design for Merlin. I wonder if they will go in about her betraying Meliodas.

FQoEE3a.gif

Woofington has no love for me, though.
<3

Welp. Time to continue watching Lain and hope shit starts making a bit more sense.

edit: also lol at those thinking that (latest cross ange)
tusk will stay dead
. Despite your wishes at a yuri ending, the showrunners have made it way too clear by now that it won't be. Tusk for President of Harems.

Go_Ly_Dow

Is it ok to jump straight into the 3rd Madoka movie after a long absence from the TV show and not seeing the previous 2 movies?

Is it ok to jump straight into the 3rd Madoka movie after a long absence from the TV show and not seeing the previous 2 movies?

IMO it's not okay to jump into the 3rd Madoka Movie at all.

But if you really want to, I'd say it depends on how well you remember what went down in the TV series.

Hunter x Hunter - 131

oooooh my gooooooood. My jaw was at the floor throughout. What the fuck just happened!
HOLY SHIT! This episode ahhhhh everything was so fucking good. The rage, the feels, the art direction and my god the soundtrack. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom