• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ninja Slayer airing first on Nico doesn't automatically determine the quality of the show. I remember Xam'd releasing on PSN and the animation quality there was just as good as most TV shows.

Of course Trigger isn't BONES though.

Shots fired.

BONES are superior

duckroll

Remember when I told everyone that Ninja Slayer looks more like a weird sort of project like Panty & Stocking or Inferno Cop rather than an actual TV series? :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Remember when I told everyone that Ninja Slayer looks more like a weird sort of project like Panty & Stocking or Inferno Cop rather than an actual TV series? :p

No, but that's mostly because I don't really take in anything you say.

Jarmel

Banned

Maybe it's too gorey/nudity to air on TV.

I honestly don't know why it's not airing on TV especially considering each episode is still half an hour.

When does Ninja Slayer start again?

April 16th which might imply Trigger's production schedule is still shit.

CDiggity

Many options really.

Spring season looks really crowded and half the air dates haven't even been announced. Could be avoiding that.

Or maybe fans of the source material are cable cutters and this is a better way to reach them.

Or king records couldn't pony up the cash for a decent time slot, but I doubt this

Or it's an experiment.

Lots of options.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Anyone use Funimation streaming app(iOS)/website much? Been a long time crunchy roll subscriber and just got a free month of funimation sub. So far it's great actually like there app better then cr. My question is how is the stability, used it years ago but never seemed to work all that well.

Thinking if keeps working well I'll sub to this to to get rest of the shows cr misses.

Anyone use Funimation streaming app(iOS)/website much? Been a long time crunchy roll subscriber and just got a free month of funimation sub. So far it's great actually like there app better then cr. My question is how is the stability, used it years ago but never seemed to work all that well.

Thinking if keeps working well I'll sub to this to to get rest of the shows cr misses.

Funimation is great on phone and my kindle (and its actually in HD). Website is also good for me too now that they did a recent upgrade this season.

duckroll

Maybe it's too gorey/nudity to air on TV.

I honestly don't know why it's not airing on TV especially considering each episode is still half an hour.

Or maybe they have no money to buy broadcast time until after they sell the series digitally first. :p

CDiggity

Well, if the first episode is based on Machine of Vengence, there are parts that would probably be censored were it on TV. Perhaps they don't want to deal with that.

Many options really.

Spring season looks really crowded and half the air dates haven't even been announced. Could be avoiding that.

Or maybe fans of the source material are cable cutters and this is a better way to reach them.

Or king records couldn't pony up the cash for a decent time slot, but I doubt this

Or it's an experiment.

Lots of options.

The only anime I need is Gintama. Pretty much the only show that will satisfy my needs.

April can't come any faster.

Midonin

Revolutionary Girl Utena 13

Those duels were all leading up to... something. I don't know who that guy is, or what unsealing him would mean, but I'm curious to find out.

Gekigangar 3 OVA

Is watching this before seeing anything from the main series the wrong order? Yes. Almost certainly yes. But I did it anyway. In the grand tradition that Exodus and Aerial Girls are carrying on today, one of the first shows-within-a-shows I'd heard of, simultaneously mocking, commenting and basking in the admiration of the circumstances that created it in the first place. I haven't seen a ton of 70s robot anime, but I can appreciate what it was doing here. In a lot of ways, it reminded me of what the Go-Busters Returns V-Cinema did for Sentai of the same era.

Starting tomorrow:

5bDaYUI.jpg

(Not the movies, but the three series leading up to them. This Amazon release linked them in my mind - all three movies have the same producer, so I'm going to watch all of their anime at the same time.)

When Shokugeki no Soma, Prison School and Jitsu wa Watashi wa all air at the same time, the lines between Animegaf and mangagaf will blur.
All hail smut, the great uniter.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Funimation is great on phone and my kindle (and its actually in HD). Website is also good for me too now that they did a recent upgrade this season.

Last time I used the website it was showing a Hulu stream, this is so much better. Think I'll pay the $60 a year as long as it keeps working this well for my free month.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
On a scale of misty fog to blinding sunbeams, how censored will Prison School be?

My speculation:
Unlimited Darkness Work

The Rolling Girls 8

A rock and roll show in the midst of exploding rocket/firework and cannon fire. Can't get anymore hardcore than this! Rainbow explosion! Shamisen and guitar duet! Rickshaw rocket!

So much nonsense and WTF moment happening.

javac

Seven Seas Entertainment announced that they're getting into table-top games yesterday and have now announced their first project, which is a Space Dandy deck-building card game.
It's a kickstarter and is live right now, with a goal of $12,000. Here's the link and the tiers are below:
YoG54Uk.jpg

CAJUofd.jpg

EOYQSLM.jpg

jj4kCrD.jpg

WLrvB0E.jpg

• $1 - Five Dandy Wallpapers!
  • $50 - One copy of the Space Dandy: Galactic Deck Building Card Game.
  • $80 - Two copies of the Space Dandy: Galactic Deck Building Card Game.
  • $90 - The Honey Limited Edition
  • $100 - $90 Tier PLUS a copy of Space Dandy Season One Blu-ray (Limited to 100 backers).
Stretch Goals:

Gomanga.com

"_____ is on our side. We can't do ____ to them."

In two separate cases in two back to back episodes, said person proceeds to backstab them.

God fucking damn it.

Edit: Oh my god this stupidity rabbit hole keeps going down.

I knew Gundam X was going to suck once it turned into a MOTW.

I tried to enjoy it. I really tried. But uuuuugggggghhhh the Frost Brothers are terrible.

Midonin

KanColle 09

So remoldeing is a mixture of growing up and powering up - and it's permanent. The new Yuudachi is a bit of a departure from the old one. I like her, and hope for as much of the cast as possible to power up before the show finishes. (Mostly Naka, so Ayaneru can sing as she fights.) Fubuki's crisis of confidence was handled well enough, and I look forward to seeing her remodel, too. It probably won't be as cool as Tail Red's final form, but it can come close.

Testament 09

Yuki's strong point is her butt, got it. That's going to write so many doujins. The truth about what Maria has been in the show for is revealed, and for as much as the show has been erotic from the start, the most actively erotic character turns out to be
the only one who was never on their side.
I'm... not sure how I feel about that.

phaze

Boogiepop Phantom 06
04qzmxlrmltv.gif

Parasyte 21

This show really loves to hit the viewer over the head with its message. As cliche as his motivations may have been, the twist with Hirokawa was pretty nice. Not sure how
he even found out and introduced himself without being eaten. Unless he was the one who invented the Parasytes or something, which I don't think was implied to be the case.

The sudden upgrade on the love front was a bit jarring but okay. Alright ep though I'm not sure what they're going to do with 3 (5?) episodes left. It feels like the Gotou confrontation could be finished in just 20 minutes with ease.

Jex

[Gundam Build Fighters Try] - 21

Dear God I knew the fight was going to be shitty once I saw what Lucas was doing, I couldn't have guessed how bad it would be. Yikes.

- The animation was pretty poor for a fight this late into the show. Really, really disappointing.

- All the characters in this show are paper thin, regardless of how much or how little time we spend with them. The scene where all the teams 'challenged' each other in stadium really highlighted how flat and lifeless they all were. The dialogue during that scene was atrocious.

- On that same theme, the Gunpla Academy are pretty boring themselves, so watching them fight a character whose is solely defined by a line of dialogue spoken last season makes for a fight I can't care about. Remember, that's Lucas' entire reason for being a fighter - one remark by one character last season.

- Lucas Nemesis has been hyped up for ages as 'serious shit' but he wasn't really a contender. What was the point of the stupid stuff at the end of last episode where Sekai 'feels his power' if only leads to this outcome? He didn't take out a single Gunpla during his battle. It would have been far more interesting if Lucas was truly a better builder and fighter than the Gunpla Academy and all three of them had to work together to take him out and they only just managed to pull it off. Instead they barely broke a sweat.

- We've had two parters for far shittier fights than this, so the pacing in this show is really bizarre considering that surely this fight is more important.

- You know that Lucas can't beat the Gunpla Academy because stories don't work that way but it was fun to entertain that hope. You could watch the fight thinking "Maybe...just maybe..." However the second you see Lucas pull out teammates that are clearly non-characters it becomes certain that victory is impossible because you know he can't beat them 3 on 1. This robs the fight of any sliver of tension it could have had.

- Even though he's clearly a good builder and fighter his big strategy is to siphon of his team's Gunpla. This is pretty lame on a strategic level. His actual tactics during the fight are far more interesting and creative at least.

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 17

So a new guy named Dick shows up and joins the crew. Turns out he's kind of a dick too.

And he's got a mecha jaguar. So yeah, that's pretty cool.

I have to say, I'm a little iffy on the way they introduced this guy. I don't remember the show building him up in any way. Like, the crew just goes to this city where he lives and are looking to re-hire the guy. Yeah, he also has a bit of a history with the crew as well that they also bring up. Yeah, I don't remember the characters even remotely hinting at this guy before, it just sort of comes out of nowhere.

Not really a deal-breaker, it just feels a bit off, is all.

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 18

Waitwaitwaitwait whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

So the Proist guy I thought was a robot is actually the demon succubus daughter of the Darius Emperor! Okay, I knew something was off about Proist but I don't think I could have ever predicted that being the case about him!

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 19

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?

Nouza is....WHAT?!? Okay, so the reason Proist was inflicting pain on Nouza was because he exists as one of many manufactured clones to serve as her demon succubus body should something happen to her.

Holy. Crap.

Despite the problems this show has with its animation and all, I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying its pacing. Like, things have been progressing smoothly enough for me to actually care about what's going on and keep me guessing.

Jex

Well Ninja Slayer airing first on Nico doesn't automatically determine the quality of the show. I remember Xam'd releasing on PSN and the animation quality there was just as good as most TV shows.

Of course Trigger isn't BONES though.

Jarmel, Xam'd didn't look "just as good" - it looked pretty god amazing. The first two episodes, especially, where basically at "movie level".

Jarmel

Banned
Jarmel, Xam'd didn't look "just as good" - it looked pretty god amazing. The first two episodes, especially, where basically at "movie level".

Yea I'm not going to disagree. Visually the show as a whole is one of the better looking TV series in existence.

javac

An erotic butt, as opposed to an unerotic butt? Anime, you dumb, but I love you for being so, you stupid piece of shit medium. Argh.

necrosis

xam'd was, and still is, a feast for the eyes

i only wish that the show itself was as good as the quality of its animation

Jex

I will occasionally sit people down to watch the first two episodes of Xam'd just to bask in it's visual splendour. Unfortunately I will then have to pretend that the rest of the show doesn't exist or was never made because explaining the truth is far too painful...

javac

I just checked out the opening for Xam'd, as I usally do to get the jist of a show and I remembered the song instantly even-though I had seen the opening all but one time years ago so there's that. The show doesn't look all that great tho visually imo (cue people posting a million gifs)
There are plenty of unerotic butts.
Beauty is the in the pants of the beholder...or something.

TheRancor

Yea I'm not going to disagree. Visually the show as a whole is one of the better looking TV series in existence.

Speaking of Bones shows that have bad reputations but contain good animation. Is Heroman that good looking enough to warrant it appearing in the sakuga list spreadsheet?

An erotic butt, as opposed to an unerotic butt? Anime, you dumb, but I love you for being so, you stupid piece of shit medium. Argh.
But are butts from old anime more erotic than new anime?

I just checked out the opening for Xam'd, as I usally do to get the jist of a show and I remembered the song instantly even-though I had seen the opening all but one time years ago so there's that. The show doesn't look all that great tho visually imo (cue people posting a million gifs)
What people are referring to is primarily animation. You might have heard of this term from time to time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom