• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yona of the Dawn 21

Awesome episode. I cant wait for the next one. Based Ao comes through when you need him too.

Man Yun took a beating this ep :/

Tuck

Seconding this , switch to the manga

The series get even better , so don't worry about that , unless i've missed something the manga is not finished yet.

There is plenty of material to droll on.

Apparently there are multiple manga adaptations. Which should I read? And how far along is it?

I could always just wait for the manga to finish.

Soma

Does the manga cover the whole story?

You're getting me excited lol. Unless the series shits the bed, I'd like to see it through (I imagine itll be good since its from the Log Horizon guy)

It's still ongoing. I never finished the anime but I'm preeeeetty sure the manga covers way more than the anime did.

The artwork is pretty impressive too.

WCOPcYQ.png

The one to read is Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!'

Apparently there are multiple manga adaptations. Which should I read? And how far along is it?

I could always just wait for the manga to finish.

Just get the version drawn by : Ishida Akira
It's the one you'll have the easiest time to find and the one where most of the stuff is translated .
That version is at the third arc , the anime covered only the first arc. There are more details too than in the anime . I recommand this one.

Koppai

GAF, I really want to get back into anime again. Been on a huge break for a while, remember the last series I really watched was in 2011 with Hanasaku Iroha & AnoHana being two of my favorites. I also watched Space Dandy season 1 last year or whenever it was on CN.

Ofcourse I've been watching the Ghibli films as they have been released as well.

Tuck

Just get the version drawn by : Ishida Akira
It's the one you'll have the easiest time to find and the one where most of the stuff is translated .
That version is at the third arc , the anime covered only the first arc. There are more details too than in the anime . I recommand this one.

It's still ongoing. I never finished the anime but I'm preeeeetty sure the manga covers way more than the anime did.

The artwork is pretty impressive too.

The one to read is Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Watashi no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!'

Cool thanks, both of you.

I'll keep it in mind for the future. Probably won't read it till its closer to being done. Made that mistake with One Piece. And Attack of Titan.

Sigh.

Nanatsu no tanzai - 06

Princess is a good heroine ...she looks useless but she actually move the plot forward and she has her moments.
I really dislike how she think everything bad happenning is her fault

BUT , i really like how she handle herself ...

Nanatsu%20no%20Taizai%20-%2006_02.jpg

Respect +2

That scene with the bees was very good.

As for the rest of the episode , lol @ those so called eite knights

VERY IMPRESSIVE , lol

That reunion between friends was crazy , .. it's been 6 eps and it's still nicely animated ... Goddamn i hope it stays that way.
Nanatsu%20no%20Taizai%20-%2006_01.jpg

Thank for asking the question

Ban joined the party and he's a win in my book

After 6 episodes , i really like the dialog of this show... it's vibrant , mostly self aware and the characters are really shining with those.

Narag

GAF, I really want to get back into anime again. Been on a huge break for a while, remember the last series I really watched was in 2011 with Hanasaku Iroha & AnoHana being two of my favorites. I also watched Space Dandy season 1 last year or whenever it was on CN.

Ofcourse I've been watching the Ghibli films as they have been released as well.

I'd say go through these and see what catches your attention:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510801
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762071
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983981

Nanatsu no tanzai 7,8,9

So king joined the group , not surprised.
The fight was cool ...heck the entire valley of the dead sub arc was good...even if it was kinda predictable.
I'm actually loving the way things are shaping up after the fight and i'm now excited to see them get their treasures since the display of that one was much impressive.

I think i'm done with this show for tonight.. but damn it was hard to stop ...

This show is legit..

So many plot threads were started during that episode 9 , i really hope they do something with that ..but i'm not that worried.

Man I love the way shows like Ace wo Nerae look visually, and I always loved the idea of a show about Tennis. I might end up watching this. I toyed with the idea a few years ago, but I guess I lacked (and still do) the faith in the notion of such an old show being emotionally engaging. I love the old stuff a million times more than the new stuff, without a shadow of a doubt, but Ace wo Nerae being a 26 episode 1973 show had me lacking trust I guess.

The visuals pull me in tho, its like anime tie-dye lol. Love it, especially compared to most current day stuff. which make me want to barf.
Ace wo Nerae (season 1) really is pretty good. The drama is definitely overdone, but it's good. It's also got one of the best OP songs ever in anime... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkyoVTNSu8

TheRancor

I always forget that :p You know, I really love the music in both series, and I've listening to them for 100's of hours nonstop, but at first all those years ago it was a guilty pleasure. For a while I didn't want to admit that I really liked it, since it's very 80's and synthy and uncool and just odd and such, but eventually I learned to just let it in and enjoy the cheesy lyrics ("You are the one!" "Nothin' impossible!" "Kondishon guriin") and accept my tastes. The fact that they are both composed by the same person really allowed me to realize that it wasn't a fluke, and that this shit really is my jam. I fucking love it.

Seriously, listen to some of this:
Knock on the Tomorrow
SCHAFT!
T-City
SEA-SIDE HIGHWAY
In the Rain
Condition Green
Long Silence
The Sunset of Ancient times
One of my favorite tracks from Patlabor is called PATLABOR '99 but I can't find that fucker on YouTube :(

Man..the Patlabor OST puts a massive smile on my face :) Please don't get me started on the Gunbuster OST, I'd be here all day.
Lol sorry you misunderstood, I meant same composer for both Diebuster and Gunbuster which is Kohei Tanaka. But Kenji Kawai for Patlabor can be cool too I guess!

Instro

[Dirty Pair OVA] - 3

I'm not sure who the director for this episode was but their work certainly stands out. Really reduced colour scheme (red and blue/black), heavy use of internal framing, reflections and some nice animation as well:

There's also some awesome background art as well:

I can't remember but I want to guess that they destroy most of that background art.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 21:

I'll be honest, if we had more battle like this this season we would have had a much better season. It is refreshing to have a battle where I am actually emotionally invested in the characters on both sides and I actually care about who wins and such. Also, it is very refreshing to see one of these battles rely on actual fucking tactics instead of every god damned shonen cliche in the book. This was a highlight of the season for me.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 21

As expected, Lucas completely jobs for Gunpla Academy. It was probably the most obvious outcome in the entire season but at least there were some exciting moments during the battle. When Wilfred and Saga were double teaming Lucas was an especially intense sequence but there was still little actual investment in the characters. Saga is the only member of Gundam Academy that makes for an exciting rival and Lucas was an obvious loser. Thank god the fight was limited to a single episode though, it would not have lasted a two episode stretch.

I want to be excited for the next episode for some Tryon 3 action but the reality that it's going to job for the Try Fighters and probably Yuuma of all people, makes me feel sick in my stomach.

javac

Ace wo Nerae (season 1) really is pretty good. The drama is definitely overdone, but it's good. It's also got one of the best OP songs ever in anime... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkyoVTNSu8
Yeah I love the opening! I've been playing with the idea of watching it for years now, but this might be the push that gets me to give it a serious go! :)

Lol sorry you misunderstood, I meant same composer for both Diebuster and Gunbuster which is Kohei Tanaka. But Kenji Kawai for Patlabor can be cool too I guess!
Sorry, I got confused :p Yeah I knew that Kohei Tanaka composed for both Gun and Die, but the confusion came from the fact that he also composed and arranged a few Patlabor tracks too, namely the opening "Miraiha Lovers" (which I love!). Kind of tripped me up as I also was aware that the amazing Kenji Kawai was the man involved with the Patlabor series as he's buddy with Oshii. I love his music, but a lot of people don't like his works in the Patlabor films as I take it. His work on Mezame No Hakobune is some of my favourite pieces of all time. Awe inspiring. 青鰉 SHO-HO
百禽 HYAKKIN

Ninja Slayer character design: Hiroyuki Imaishi, Yusuke Yoshigaki, saitom, Serere Inato, Shinjiro (last 3 are hentai artists)

I guess this show is aim for oversea market since start(it won't air at any Japan TV channel til 2016, well, at least niconico and some other Japanese site will air it)
<国内配信>
●日本最速上映⇒ニコニコ動画:4月16日(木)23:00~
●下記配信決定サイト
ニコニコ動画、ニコニコ生放送、dアニメ、アニメパス、GYAO!
NTTぷらら、DMM、SCE、バンダイチャンネル、楽天ショウタイム、VIDEOMARKET
※配信日・配信時間は予告なく変更となる場合がございます。

<海外配信>
●下記配信予定国
アメリカ合衆国/カナダ/イギリス/アイルランド/南アメリカ全土/ラテンアメリカ/オーストラリア/ニュージーランド/フランス/オランダ/ベルギー/ルクセンブルグ/モナコ/ドイツ/イタリア/スペイン/ポルトガル/オランダ/北欧/韓国/アルゼンチン/ボリビア/ブラジル/チリ/コロンビア/エクアドル/ガイアナ/パラグアイ/ペルー/ウルグアイ/ベネズエラ 他
詳細は追って発表!

◆2016年地上波テレビシリーズ(スペシャル・エディシヨン版)放送決定!
★さらに、2016年には地上波にてテレビシリーズ(スペシャル・エディシヨン版)の放送が決定! 詳細は後日発表。

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like that the males have like a gorillian lines on their faces yet the females are as smooth as a baby's bottom.

cajunator

Banned
2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

13,076 *4 Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road [BD+DVD]
11,610 *9 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
11,515 *9 Shirobako [BD]
10,534 *6 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
---------- 10k Line ----------
*9,844 *1 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso [BD+DVD] 
*9,257 *7 Psycho-Pass S2 [BD+DVD] 
*9,180 *6 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*8,374 *6 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD]
*7,180 *2 Nanatsu no Taizai [BD+DVD] 
*5,360 *4 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,648 *5 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*4,165 *4 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,718 *4 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD] 
*3,612 *3 Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis [BD]
*3,428 *2 Mushishi Zokushou S2 [BD+DVD]
*3,247 *2 Donten ni Warau [BD-Box/DVD-Box]
*3,184 *4 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
*3,175 *4 Girlfriend (Kari) [BD+DVD]
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*2,636 *2 Log Horizon S2 [BD+DVD]
*2,500 *1 Selector Spread WIXOSS [BD+DVD]
*1,922 *3 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]
*1,854 *2 Sora no Method [BD]
*1,541 *3 Ai Tenchi Muyo! [BD+DVD]
*1,294 *2 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken [BD+DVD]
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD]  
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika Avenging Battle [BD]
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD]  
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD]  
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]
**,378 *1 Garo -Honoo no Kokuin- [BD]

Bolded are updated numbers

Shigatsu and WIXOSS are this weeks newest entries.

Garo was from last week.

Winter sales

Next week will have Saenai as the next winter release.

Source

Yuuki Yuuna and Shirobako are cleaning up :D

Watch "From The New World"!

BEAR told me about this I think. Is it good?

Jarmel

Banned
Well Ninja Slayer airing first on Nico doesn't automatically determine the quality of the show. I remember Xam'd releasing on PSN and the animation quality there was just as good as most TV shows.

Of course Trigger isn't BONES though.

11,515 *9 Shirobako [BD]

It looks like Shirobako will be even outsold Yuuki Yuuna when extended rankings release at Thursday-Saturday

Tuck

11,515 *9 Shirobako [BD]
10,534 *6 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
---------- 10k Line ----------
*9,844 *1 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso [BD+DVD] 
*9,257 *7 Psycho-Pass S2 [BD+DVD] 
*9,180 *6 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*8,374 *6 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD]
*7,180 *2 Nanatsu no Taizai [BD+DVD] 
*5,360 *4 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,648 *5 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*4,165 *4 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,718 *4 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD] 
*3,612 *3 Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis [BD]
*3,428 *2 Mushishi Zokushou S2 [BD+DVD]
*3,247 *2 Donten ni Warau [BD-Box/DVD-Box]
*3,184 *4 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
*3,175 *4 Girlfriend (Kari) [BD+DVD]
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*2,636 *2 Log Horizon S2 [BD+DVD]
*2,500 *1 Selector Spread WIXOSS [BD+DVD]
*1,922 *3 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]
*1,854 *2 Sora no Method [BD]
*1,541 *3 Ai Tenchi Muyo! [BD+DVD]
*1,294 *2 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken [BD+DVD]
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD]  
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika Avenging Battle [BD]
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD]  
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD]  
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]
**,378 *1 Garo -Honoo no Kokuin- [BD]

Bolded are updated numbers

Shigatsu and WIXOSS are this weeks newest entries.

Garo was from last week.

Winter sales

Next week will have Saenai as the next winter release.

Source
Ouch garo got smacked around

sonicmj1

I guess this show is aim for oversea market since start(it won't air at any Japan TV channel til 2016, well, at least niconico and some other Japanese site will air it)
It'll be on pretty much every Japanese online streaming site.

In a way, it's the same strategy they used for Inferno Cop and LWA, so I'm not complaining.

Crocodile

I like that the males have like a gorillian lines on their faces yet the females are as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Yeah its a bit disconcerting, especially since if they wanted to draw "sexy" females, there was no need to choose this "cute" artsyle to them. Clashes with the rest of the art direction and screams "we want to make sure we still hit that 'moe' loving audience". A shame :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom