• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
This is exactly what it is. Its gross. Based on manga-GAF reviews, its a story about some dude that seduces women to have sex with him as part of a game or something that his blood related aunt makes him do. When he is successful in tricking girls into having sex with him, she rewards him by having him suck her breasts (this is why people call it Aunt Tits).

You make it sound worse than it- No... that sounds about right.

Certain... Xenoglossia subtitles are all kinds of terrible, but from what I remember, what Haruka was doing was not specifically entirely about rescuing Makoto and Nebula - the issue is that the battle between Riffa and Makoto, and Hiems reaction to it, had caused sudden movement within the areas tectonic plates, which in turn were threatening to cause the entire area to crumble into the ocean. What Haruka did was use Imbers gravity-manipulation, in the form of a punch (which is pretty much how it always works), to deliver a pin-point strike directly into the plates to settle things down (which Riffa uses the opportunity to make off with Hiems core). Whilst it looked like she was punching the hill, she was actually punching inside it.

Somehow that explanation is more ridiculous than the one I dreamed up in my head.

As for the nods to other Sunrise works I can't really make any connections to it as the only Sunrise works I've seen are the first 12 episodes of Code Geass and Love Live. The closest comparison to Xenoglossia that I have been making is to Evangelion as that is the only mecha I've seen I could make any comparisons to.

Clov

I guess someone ran the numbers. It's not too surprising considering how badly BD's do in general, anime excluded.

Sure would need to for companies doing these kinds of releases to offer up a very small selection of BD's that fans could snap up if they wanted, but I imagine doing small runs for BD's isn't very economical.

Rather than BD in general, I think the main problem is that it's an older Gundam title. A lot of the older Gundam anime released by Bandai Entertainment didn't do great on DVD from what I've heard, so they may not be confident in Turn A's sales. I figured they would at least try to do a BD release given the already limited nature of Sunrise's partnership with RightStuf, but it doesn't seem to be going in that direction so far. Perhaps if Turn A does decently first, then things might change.

Narag

Rather than BD in general, I think the main problem is that it's an older Gundam title. A lot of the older Gundam anime released by Bandai Entertainment didn't do great on DVD from what I've heard, so they may not be confident in Turn A's sales. I figured they would at least try to do a BD release given the already limited nature of Sunrise's partnership with RightStuf, but it doesn't seem to be going in that direction so far. Perhaps if Turn A does decently first, then things might change.

Might be the reverse importation bogeyman too since Turn A's second BD box was in December of last year., I think.

Vito

Banned
Righstuf still works mostly with DVDs cause the cost is lower :(

And Turn A BD boxes are fairly recent so I guess there's that reverse importation fear as well. On the upside the DVD sets are really inexpensive, so there's that to look forward to... hopefully the show gets some new fans (and good subtitles).

Future Card Buddyfight! Episode 60 EngDub

Pretty intense, especially the Purgatory Knights Staff Dragon along with Purgatory Knights Leader, Demios Sword Dragon and those six attacks.

I love the Baks/Gremlin deck building aspect behind the scenes, I cant wait for their decks to clash in the future to see who becomes best one.

Clov

Might be the reverse importation bogeyman too since Turn A's second BD box was in December of last year., I think.

I didn't realize the BD-Box was so recent! Given that, if we get BDs of Turn A at all, it will likely be in another year or two.

Joe Molotov

You make it sound worse than it- No... that sounds about right.

XidS6T1.png

Yona of the Dawn 22

Fuck what an awesome episode. That goddamn cliffhanger damnit.

Yona... *bow* Yun too. Both of them got beat up really bad but managed to complete their missions. Mad respect.

From the previews it looks like things wont be antagonistic between Soo Won and Yona. After all hes hiding her in his cloak and all. Damnit, things were going so well too :(

Shit this better have a season 2. So tempted to start reading the source material.

Gintama - Benizakura Arc (is that the name) or the first serious arc or something

It was okay. Show does good balancing the drama and comedy parts, never feels like the tone shifts randomly. I've really started to enjoy this show in the 40s-50s.

Are the other serious arcs better/longer then this and is there an overarching plot? Kind of curious. Although with this kind of series I'd doubt there will be any major deaths or huge world shaking events since that would kinda sully the comedy parts. At least I assume.

Moaradin

I think a few of the more serious arcs are better than that one. The Benizakura Arc is just the first one to show what Gintama is capable of.

Narag

Gintama - Benizakura Arc (is that the name) or the first serious arc or something

It was okay. Show does good balancing the drama and comedy parts, never feels like the tone shifts randomly. I've really started to enjoy this show in the 40s-50s.

Are the other serious arcs better/longer then this and is there an overarching plot? Kind of curious. Although with this kind of series I'd doubt there will be any major deaths or huge world shaking events since that would kinda sully the comedy parts. At least I assume.

First movie is based on this and worth a watch sometime. Mostly the same but the ending fight is expanded and it was firehawk's most favoritest movie ever until the release of Gravity.

Tuck

All caught up on Death Parade - so damn good. Last two episodes were intense.

Completely surpassed my expectations.

First movie is based on this and worth a watch sometime. Mostly the same but the ending fight is expanded and it was firehawk's most favoritest movie ever until the release of Gravity.

Only two movies? I can do that, I watched all those One Piece and Bleach movies! I assume the second movie is supposed to be like the last thing in the series but not something that comes at the end of the total production.

Jarmel

Banned

Would it make sense to watch the movie instead of the TV episodes?

This is exactly what it is. Its gross. Based on manga-GAF reviews, its a story about some dude that seduces women to have sex with him as part of a game or something that his blood related aunt makes him do. When he is successful in tricking girls into having sex with him, she rewards him by having him suck her breasts (this is why people call it Aunt Tits).

You missed the part where he almost rapes his cousin.

As the series progresses the serious arcs get much better.

Plus my favorite serious arcs are Yoshiwara, 4 Devas, and Courtesan of a Nation which are brilliant. Then again I really love all the serious arcs in Gintama.

NeonZ

There's an overaching plot mostly involving Takasugi's and two other groups that you haven't met yet. It moves very slowly though and mostly stayed in the background until two recent arcs in the manga that weren't animated.

The biggest changes introduced by most serious arcs are generally the addition of new characters and locations that then are sometimes incorporated into the comedic parts too.

The Red Spider arc remains my favorite of Gintama arcs. Haven't finished the last season though.

Would it make sense to watch the movie instead of the TV episodes?

It's the same thing with slightly better production values and a hilarious added intro and outro, so yes, watching the Benizakura movie instead of the corresponding TV episodes makes sense.

rrvv

So got 3 day free where should i go in tokyo?

Akihabara, shibuya, shinjuku, harajuku done.

Thinking i should go to western tokyo to see anime studio. Sunrise. Bones and satelight

Shinmai maou no testament - 10
There was a low amount of light beam during this episode , especially surprising considering we had a "growing up transformation".

But they still find more and more stupid ways to censor stuff

LOL

So th main vilain of this arc is
into NTR ? That's his motivation ?

Akatsuki no yona - 22
"You think a little group , led by and old woman and a little girl will destroy everything i've earned in those past 30 years ?"
YES

SO MUCH YES
As long as i'm alive , the battle is not lost

You don't say ...

Akatsuki%20no%20Yona%20-%2022.jpg

oh Goddamn.

Dat bloodlust ...

Ps: that cliffanger hurt like hell in the manga too when it happenned . I hope you're all ready for next week :)

Episode 22 was nothing but a 10/10 episode.

Gundam Build Frauds try 22.

fuck you sunrise, fuck you gbf try writing staff, obari gets a pass for dat super robot action.
the team that truly deserves to fight and win got jobbed so hard, making Lucas nemesis's jobbing last week look tame. so much jobbing took place that the world unemployment rates dropped 5%. tryon 3 and sakai's team of true bros are such a joy to watch in action compared to team try frauds, that this season should have been about them, and the true final battle should have been tryon 3 vs team edgia. please for the love of god, if there is a world tourney season let sekai, fumina and scrubby mc scrub yuuma get eliminated first round and let the cool s1 characters + minato sakai take the stage.

tryon 3 > team try frauds

Branduil

It's happening.

41-year-old Hiromasa Yonebayashi, the director of The Secret World of Arrietty (2010) and Marnie Was There (2014), confirmed today that he had already left Studio Ghibli.

He joined a talk show event for the release of the DVD/Blu-ray of Marnie held in Tokyo today, March 12, with Japanese figure skater Daisuke Takahashi who performed in the CMs for the disc. He announced that he left Studio Ghibli in the end of the last year and was no longer a member of the company. He said, "I talked with producer (Yoshiaki) Nishimura about what to do. I still want to make films, though it isn't clear what they will be like," and added, "For example, I want to try an action-oriented or fantasy film, which are totally opposite from Marnie."

In early February, Studio Ghibli co-founder/producer Toshio Suzuki confirmed that, after Hayao Miyazaki's retirement from feature films, the studio was still open for business but was doing virtually none at all.

Quasar

So with a anime of 'Chivalry of a failed knight' announced I gave the source material a sample.

Pretty similar to other school shows where students train to fight in school competitions. Sword fighting with magic abilities for this one.

One upside is the main couple confess to each other start dating really quickly.

Certainly with the amount of dueling I can see why someone would want to animate it. Of course I expect like most of these things they will filter out any non combat/non ecchi material. And for this add ecchi as its really pretty limited from what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom