• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

'ly shit. I haven't bought many BDs yet... but this looks so pretty and YukiYuna was such a good anime. :x

I'm in for the series ;_;
Im buying this. I already fell for the YYY/Denki Gai combined set so now Im stuck lol.

Me too!

I would've bought BDs in a heartbeat. No go on DVDs for me.

Persona 3 - Midsummer Knight's Dream

I thought it was pretty good. Some tweaks to the original story, especially regarding Yuki and Ken, really made the characters and their subplots more compelling. Although, it is unfortunate that
pretty much most of the Chidori and Junpei subplot got cut

Rhapsody

Banned
bakemonogatari - fin

10/10 god damn that was good

why was there a 2 year gap between bake and nise?

Shaft can't really handle that many projects. Plus they're known for delaying so many things, and they had a lot on their plate.

Madoka was in 2011 as well. I can't remember if it's their first anime original work or not, but I'm sure they tried to put a lot of care in that.

Thoraxes

I thought it was pretty good. Some tweaks to the original story, especially regarding Yuki and Ken, really made the characters and their subplots more compelling. Although, it is unfortunate that

It's been a long-ass time since I played P3, but isn't that stuff more closer to Fall?

TUSR

Banned
Shaft can't really handle that many projects. Plus they're known for delaying so many things, and they had a lot on their plate.

Madoka was in 2011 as well. I can't remember if it's their first anime original work or not, but I'm sure they tried to put a lot of care in that.

wasnt madoka originally supposed to air like 3 years prior to 2011?

that stuff was in recent trailer for the 3rd movie i believe

Vito

Banned
Not sure anyone mentioned this: http://xuccess-heaven.jp/

New project countdown, Naotake Furusato seems be behind the concept, features character designs by: Hirokazu Hisayuki, Youhei Sasaki, Shou Matsui, Yukiko Akiyama and Hisashi Hirai. VAs listed are: Atsushi Abe, Sachi Kokuryu, Jun Fukuyama, Kiyotaka Furushima, Tomoaki Maeno, Mamoru Miyano and Yuumi Shida (Yumemiru Adolescence). Theme song by i☆Ris / Yumemiru Adolescence.

Hope I didn't fuck up anything.

Rhapsody

Banned
Rolling Girls 1

Oh, I'm liking the art and animation. The designs are nice and simple to keep it fluid, and the colors make it really pretty.
It's going to take a few more episodes for me to get used to the world and setting though. It's pretty weird.

Thoraxes

Rolling Girls 1

Oh, I'm liking the art and animation. The designs are nice and simple to keep it fluid, and the colors make it really pretty.
It's going to take a few more episodes for me to get used to the world and setting though. It's pretty weird.

It doesn't last.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's really a shame. I'm in no rush to watch all this so I wouldn't mind putting it off to the side right now. There's a lot I haven't checked out yet this season.

Soma

Right now I'm kinda just waiting til the BDs come out for Rolling Girls. It still looks really fun from what I see on twitter but also looks like it could really benefit from a bunch of touch-ups.

The pace slows down considerably after episode 2 and there isn't as much standout animation, but it's still my overall second favorite show this season. If you accept now that it's a travelogue and the main characters are useless, you'll enjoy it more.

Edit: And waiting for the blurays is probably a good idea if you're patient.

CDiggity

I just watch the few seconds to a couple minutes of worthwhile animation per episode in webm form. That way I don't need to see 90-95% of this disappointment.

cajunator

Banned
I'm doing a paper on CG animations and computer keyframing for class.

duckroll won :(

Part of the problem!

Date A Live 06

That's not bathing...

Strangest hot springs episode I've seen so far :p

I loved that this was not a typical hot springs episode. Those are often my least favorite episodes.

I heard people were praising Kurumi and came as quickly as I could.

Kurumi is a valid reason for starting the show, enjoying the show, naming the show AOTY and watching the 2nd season of the show. And ignore the heathens, Origami is the best DAL girl without a clock in her eye.

Denied. This is the era of mono-eye. I'm keeping a watchful eye on you and your immoral comrades.

Did you see my Kurumi Nendo yet? Shes adorably psycho.

Two of my most anticipated shows for next season are Pleiades and Nanoha Vivid. The magical girl show sponsored by a car maker, and the magical girl show set in a world where everyone is named after cars.

Though I know Nanoha also has that card game spinoff manga, and if Wixoss proved that card game anime can strike out, I'd love to have that. Mostly because I want to see the Materials animated in some form.

This is the third show to have characters and places named after cars. It seems like there are several car fanatics in anime directing.

Mendrox

Right now I'm kinda just waiting til the BDs come out for Rolling Girls. It still looks really fun from what I see on twitter but also looks like it could really benefit from a bunch of touch-ups.

Rolling Girls has been really good these last two episodes (especially the concert.. favourite episode so far). The characters are useless though, but I want a daughter that looks like Chiaya. :)))

Think I'm gonna watch the last 5 Parasyte episodes, which I skipped out on in order to binge watch this show instead of going at it one episode per week.

I'm expecting it to remain overall disappointing but oh well. Either way, at least I don't get blue balled my cliffhangers as much this time around.

phaze

Chitose sounds really weird, Roka and Kazama are a bit better but don't really stake up to their originals either.

Think I'm gonna watch the last 5 Parasyte episodes, which I skipped out on in order to binge watch this show instead of going at it one episode per week.

I'm expecting it to remain overall disappointing but oh well. Either way, at least I don't get blue balled my cliffhangers as much this time around.

Still two eps left and the last one ended just before the moment this whole cour has been building towards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dunno why either but anything to get others to watch it!

Naw man they ain't banged yet that's 400 chapters off!
The main premise of the series is just cockteasing until that point anyway

This is exactly what it is. Its gross. Based on manga-GAF reviews, its a story about some dude that seduces women to have sex with him as part of a game or something that his blood related aunt makes him do. When he is successful in tricking girls into having sex with him, she rewards him by having him suck her breasts (this is why people call it Aunt Tits).
Sounds like anime all right.

Stulaw

Cross Ange 22

It was an OK episode, nice build up towards the end. I'm glad that Ersha realised that she was being manipulated. Salia's probably going to have a last minute turn around, and Chris is probably going to die.

Also,
Tusk and Momoka live! Congrats on the Sex Tusk.

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 403 – Unwavering Gutsiness

Had never realized Kiba had cut his hair down some until now.
But great episode for him and the Shadow Clone Jutsu. People had really underestimated Naruto's chakra level back then.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 7

Hah, that took an unexpected turn.
Wasn't expecting Tori to turn the whole debate upside down by casually saying: "Lets just give up on the whole "saving Horizon" thing."

Shirobako 22

Funny story, Sanjo last episode storyboard fucked.
Meanwhile, Zuka still suffering
vtorDe5.jpg

lPCoAVg.jpg

Midonin

Shirobako 22

There were long stretches of the episode that had conversations that, while deeply personal, I feel like I don't have to much to comment on. The scene with Ema and Misa bonding over blending animation techniques felt like a complete reversal of the first half, and while not-Hisako Kanemoto totally knocked it out of the park, it looks like she's going to have to be called back in for recording. Ai can speak, she's just shy - unless it involves wondering why underpants are in there. I'm sure there's an artistic reason for that. If, like Exodus, Aerial Girls' first episode is included as a BD bonus, I'm going to equally analyze it to see what kind of story it was trying to be.

Or I'll just do some alternate universe NeoGAF roleplay. That was fun.

Limit

I need help with something folks. I even thought about making a thread on this in the OT but came to conclusion that just making a post here might be enough of a help before posing this question in front of a larger audience. I am currently on hunt for orchestral/symphonic remakes of anime OSTs. I googled this topic and the best advice I read was to look at studio ghibli soundtracks, which are mostly inherently orchestral anyways. Nothing else aside from that. The last orchestral remake of an anime ost available in my collection is gundam 00. Good stuff. But nothing else aside from it.

I am hoping to get at least a dozen or so recommendations. The more the merrier. Thanks.

javac

Some Random anime news I guess, not sure if it's old:
Siren Visual Planning ‘Monster’ Anime Complete Box Set
We've also got a couple of announcements regarding some recent titles that we know you've been waiting on. Monster will have a complete box set available exclusively on our website over the coming months. This box will not include the booklet we were planning as we have been unable to clear the articles from the Japanese booklets with their respective writers. This has been the main hold-up with getting this box released and we have exhausted all avenues. We weighed up our options and we have decided to release the box without the booklet at a very nice price. The booklet *may* be produced at a later date, but please don't ask us when or if we "have any news about the booklet"...we're in the dark on that one and it's highly likely that it will never happen! We came, we saw, we tried and it's now sitting in the too-hard basket (which is overflowing at the moment)!

"Arrietty," "Marnie" Director Hiromasa Yonebayashi Leaves Studio Ghibli
41-year-old Hiromasa Yonebayashi, the director of The Secret World of Arrietty (2010) and Marnie Was There (2014), confirmed today that he had already left Studio Ghibli.

He joined a talk show event for the release of the DVD/Blu-ray of Marnie held in Tokyo today, March 12, with Japanese figure skater Daisuke Takahashi who performed in the CMs for the disc. He announced that he left Studio Ghibli in the end of the last year and was no longer a member of the company. He said, "I talked with producer (Yoshiaki) Nishimura about what to do. I still want to make films, though it isn't clear what they will be like," and added, "For example, I want to try an action-oriented or fantasy film, which are totally opposite from Marnie."

His last film at Studio Ghibi, When Marnie Was There opened in Japan on July 19, 2014, and earned a very disappointing 379 million yen on 285,200 admissions in its first weekend. It was only 42% of his first feature film The Secret World of Arrietty's 900 million yen in July 2010. Marnie's total box office revenue in Japan was 3.53 billion yen, almost one-third of Arriety's 9.25 billion.

Serious

I still like
Rolling Girls

Rolling Girls has only gotten better since the first few episodes. The first arc was flashy, but flashy action can't carry a show by itself. I much prefer the direction it's gone in; I'm fairly confident if the entire show was like the first two, I would have stopped caring a while ago.

Branduil

Shirobako 22

Anime really is a soul-crushing business, huh? It was great to get a deeper look at how disillusionment and lousy co-workers can ruin your dream job. And yet at the same time, there are still people who would kill to take your place.

Next episode better end with a sakuga fight scene between the director and author.

jman2050

Shirobako 22

It's gonna be a real downer when this uplifting show ends with Zuka's unfortunate suicidefatal accident.

The manga publisher HAS to be held responsible for all of this disruptive nonsense at some point, right? Right?

/XX/

Drunken Tarō & Hiraoka strolling past this shopping street again on the latest episode. After Ōarai Spring Festival 'Kairaku Festa' upward explosion of attendance numbers for the past couple of years I'm sure every touristic place wants, thanks to cross-promotion 'collabs', a part of that precious screen-time on Mr. Mizushima & Co., shows! :p

Oh, yes! After last year's tease from Mr. Hara at Annecy International Animation Film Festival I suppose it will be there too on its entirety this time...
will I be there this time too? Yeah, I wish. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom