• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shirobako 22
Yup, i knew it. Editor fuck up, there's even a storm when the bad news come. This is the kind of fucked up that will get someone fired. Someone should kick the "funny story" guys balls. Maybe Hiraoka and Taro will do W rider kick.
Though seriously, i'm surprised no one have the initiative to call other person from the publishing company after funny story previous fuck up.
Hiraoka and Taro duet is surprisingly....likeable? Beneath their incompetence, Tarou actually a decent guy who never go past his clown period, while Hiraoka is a bitter person due to hostile work environment.
Zuka drinking alone, all sad...but yeah, this accident will probably help Zuka. Maybe new character added and she will be called to dub it. Yeah, positive thinking!

Kumogi finally speak a full sentence! And lol at that pose.

You should skip to episode... 9 I think. Or 10.

It's kind of trash before that.

It's still trash afterwards but at least it's entertaining? Sort of?

I'll start with episode 10 then. I'd say "but I'll lose a lot of character development" but after Agent Beautiful McDreamyHair basically said "You know that I'm a lone wolf and you can't tie me down with a team, I WORK ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE SERG" I burst out laughing. I expect somebody to tell him that he's a loose cannon and that he should hand in his badge.

Garo - 22

Mendoza playing tetris with souls and a dimension prison which has modern buildings and skyscrapers #socialcommentary. Stop playing with my heart, fucking death flags.
You know, I'm a big fan of Garo monster design in general. But what the fuck is this ear filtering robocop rhinotitties. I expected more from
Freckles
5T96Dm6.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Assassination Classroom Episode 8:

EH, even by the standards of this show this episode was a little too stupid for my tastes. Also, I feel like watching Archer now.

Let's talk about Pocket Full of Rapebows.

Good things it gave us: long haired Eureka

Bad things it inflicted upon us: everything else, but particularly its usurping actual E7 in SRWZ2

I put Sorario Days over its theme because there was no way that I would watch flashy E7 attacks with an E7 theme that wasn't Days, SHOUNENO HEARTO, or CHERRY BLOSSUM CHERRY BLOSSUM playing in the background.

Make sure you set her up with Zaphkiel!

On a semi-related note, I think you'd appreciate the new Date A Live girl from the upcoming Vita game:
I like this design .

tried watching Agents of Shield after all the hype and I can't. It's like CW Arrowverse without any of the charm. Also that Skye girl lost me when she started to try to convince me that she's like an amazing hacker. Admittedly that's pretty CW though.

Should have guessed though. Duckroll hype got me again.

I'll start with episode 10 then. I'd say "but I'll lose a lot of character development" but after Agent Beautiful McDreamyHair basically said "You know that I'm a lone wolf and you can't tie me down with a team, I WORK ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE SERG" I burst out laughing. I expect somebody to tell him that he's a loose cannon and that he should hand in his badge.

AOs is a slow start YES , but you'll miss everything that make the characters , "characters" ... This will be more than obvious when everyone will be upside down and most of what you think about them "reversed".
Also by skipping you'll miss several characters introductions ( reina as the most obvious and sub plots that will be used later)

Skipping Aos , is a bad move period. The reason why S2 is so freaking awesome is that we know those characters and see how they are forced out of their "confort zone" , but you need to know that "zone" first.

Your second comment is exactly why you should watch it all , you're on point , yet so far from the point.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Death Parade Episode 10:

Well that was a nice contrast to the last pair of episodes tonally and we finally get some information that is vital to the overarching narrative.

Death Parade 10

Nice episode. We finally get to see a judgment done on an elderly person, someone who lived a full ripe life before dying. One who, to an extent, is able to offer both characters a different perspective on life and death rather than showing them the ugly side of human nature that a lot of the others have.

Thoraxes

Yeah, of course it is a nice lesson although it depends on the context too and how it maybe could violently class with some of the values showcased by the show, of contemplation but also of relentless. After seeing how the staff was willing to "ham-fist" a criticism or vision about the industry reaching near parody on certain instances, maybe such a final outcome for one of the main characters is too realistic to the point (I think) they could want to avoid it at the very end.

This is just a personal impression, on where I expected them to go with this... it is not like I specifically would be unfairly critical of any other outcome I can't even discern yet! :)

Oh for sure!

Garo - 22

Mendoza playing tetris with souls and a dimension prison which has modern buildings and skyscrapers #socialcommentary. Stop playing with my heart, fucking death flags.
You know, I'm a big fan of Garo monster design in general. But what the fuck is this ear filtering robocop rhinotitties. I expected more from
Freckles
I'm not the only one who thought this!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That feeling when you just marathon'd a few incredible mangas, and then you look in your anime backlog and it's peasant filth like Saekano and Yuri Kuma.
cBj1LTf.png

How in the world did I miss not only the DRRRX2 dub announcement, but also that the first episode dubbed already is on Chrunchyroll? Since I prefer the dub, I think I'll just watch that going forward.

Isuca - 08

This show just upgraded itself from a dumpster to a trash can, with the return of a lightning beast. It doesn't look like it's going anywhere either since hnnnnng
she fucking tamed it, and it can speak

faridmon

tried watching Agents of Shield after all the hype and I can't. It's like CW Arrowverse without any of the charm. Also that Skye girl lost me when she started to try to convince me that she's like an amazing hacker. Admittedly that's pretty CW though.

Should have guessed though. Duckroll hype got me again.

Its a comic based TV show. You should have known better.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 34

D'arby Elder, really? They really couldn't have come up with something better?

Good episode but
I'm anticipating a lot of people angry at Joseph losing

They should've replaced the *RUMBLE RUMBLE* at the end with ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA

Again, great episode. Wanting to see OVA comparisons though. Next episode should be awesome. In fact everything should be straight awesome now, up until the end.

Ok so I was listening to some Trails in the Sky to hype me up into buying it when there's a sale and a couple songs sound really familiar.

It's sounds like the ending song from Castle in the Sky.

Damn that movie was amazing. I should watch it on blu-ray sometime.

I'm new to Anime, so I did a Google image search for Saekeno and oh my... What is the show all about?

I haven't watched it since like.. episode 2? But if I recall it's about a guy making some sort of video game with his female "friends" while they're meta as fuck. And they've been blue balling best girl which should be punishable by law.

Cornbread78

I haven't watched it since like.. episode 2? But if I recall it's about a guy making some sort of video game with his female "friends" while they're meta as fuck. And they've been blue balling best girl which should be punishable by law.

Oh, I see, so it is T&A anime with no strong plotline..

cajunator

Banned
Eureka Seven AO bringing us all together in spirited discussion.

And the reality warping mech cannon... that was badass and we all know it.

042%20selector%20infected%20wixoss.jpg

Started this and 2 episodes in.

+ Card game show. Been wanting to watch one, and could not find any links to Yu-Gi Oh 5D's in Japanese without having to torrent 150 episodes.
+ Card game show, about females; nice twist
+ water paint background style
- seemingly clueless main character
- sister brother love subplot (but hints at psychological reasons why a character is so obsessed which is good... but still minus because there is no point to these ever)
- multiple cards yet non are given real screen time #budget?
- Cards talk, and their personalities are exactly how they look.

+ its only 12 episodes.

This show is nuts. I need to get back to it.

I'm new to Anime, so I did a Google image search for Saekeno and oh my... What is the show all about?

It's an harem anime that tries to talk about harem anime tropes in manga/anime and Vns

The character relationships are easy to understand but quite underwhelming and ultimately feel hollow.

duckroll

Animator Expo 13 - Kanon

This was pretty crazy. Apparently it's based on a Czech play called Adam Stvořitel. It sure felt like a stage production of sorts, especially in the direction. The theme is pretty interesting, but also really heavy handed, but I suppose that's the point, since it isn't really so much a serious drama as a black comedy. Really neat character designs and backgrounds. But yeah, I think I need to lie down after watching this... lol.

Geass S2 is probably one of the best things my eyes have ever witnessed

I couldn't take Geass seriously after the table scene.

That was when I started to realize just what kind of show Geass is (an amazing one)

I am eternally shamed by only watching Geass so recently because it was a show that was made for me to watch

Caesnd

Animator Expo 13 - Kanon

This was pretty crazy. Apparently it's based on a Czech play called Adam Stvořitel. It sure felt like a stage production of sorts, especially in the direction. The theme is pretty interesting, but also really heavy handed, but I suppose that's the point, since it isn't really so much a serious drama as a black comedy. Really neat character designs and backgrounds. But yeah, I think I need to lie down after watching this... lol.

It's the best one so far I think. I'm not familiar with the original play, but the delivery felt evocative of a lot of Russian satire I've come across.

The voice actors did a terrific job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom