• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

PriPara 36

I've spent these entire three cours analyzing this show on a level that was never intended... but that doesn't mean it was never readable. Like take this episode, where Meganii projects Falulu's backstory onto the side of a building with his glasses as a projector. This can only mean that the "film" was coming from within his eyes. Considering that we've never seen Meganii before this series, and he's never left the boundaries of the city-state, did Meganee Prime create her army of clones, and him for amusement? Or is it just the inherently fantastic properties of the land? Both are prime fanfic fodder.

Then there's Falulu. I've been alternately calling her a homunculus and a tabula rasa, but this episode finally clears up that she's more of a
collective existence created from the desire of girls to be idols
. Since a rainbow was shown and a voice that sounds very much like Naru was heard, I'm going to brain-crunch that this was around the time the Saints were anointed, and she rose to power as a result of Rinne's powers manifesting her into reality. This is an alternate timeline, where Rinne never descended to Earth and lost her memories.

Having Falulu lie in the middle of a giant multi-pointed star and the only way to revive her is through song isn't helping the vaguely cult-like feeling that PriPara has had, but it's less so than say, the Saviors in World Break. This is more of a feel good power of friendship thing. I was hoping Lala would ascend to Godly Idol in the finale - or perhaps they're saving that for season two - but momentarily being appointed the rank would be good for a finale. Restoring life - or, since they're removing a bug, is it just a virus scan done via notes? - is in the realm of the supernatural.

Wherever things go in these last two episodes, I can rest easy knowing I have another year of firing off my weird theories on Friday nights.

Tuck

Death parade - 10
Game of cards was much less interesting to watch than last week. No tension. I guess thats not always necessary, but the episode overall wasn't great. Not bad, just not great.

Eager tos ee where they go with the final two episodes.

Vecks

Saekano 9

Is this show really going to end in 2 more episodes? They haven't even shown the last girl in the OP yet. For such a short show, they sure are taking forever to introduce all the main characters.

Pokemon XY 1-16

a5070870ed.jpg
6ed5b1dd50.jpg

So I guess I watched this on whim after seeing PTSD Goomy on my twitter feed

Directing for battles seem to be a lot more dynamic than before, and Clemont and Bonnie are very welcomed additions to the cast. Clemont has one of the best gags in recent memory because I can't help but yell LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO WITH SCIENCE. Bonnie sort of fills a bit of Bricks shoes but is far less aggressive, and more tolerable as a result. She is also better than Max from the getgo.

Rotom is also the best addition as well as now he is there to fuck with Professor Oak.

As for Serena, she certainly did a bit of a character flip when she found out her preferred husbando showed up to Kalos, and is rather quick to adapt to the fact that she might have to camp.

I feel like I'm enjoying this more than I should. But then again, what do you expect when on average, you look better than Precure. Hell, on average, it's better than Kill La Kill's animation.

A Certain Scientific Railgun 1-8

And this is the third show that Link Man sold to me by showing me an Amazon link, because fuck me, that's why.

It pretty much has a group of four girls, two of them having their designated yuribait partner outside of a healthy-ish girls friendship magiger. While our main part, Kuroko and Misaka are much higher than the other two girls, they still get to bumble about with only one of them having no powers whatsoever. But she has more screentime than Yui (GoPri).

I guess to everyone's not surprise, I'm a bit surprised by Misaka. Given her archetype, it was enough for me to not bother with this show, but seeing it in action shows that she's a lot more tolerable than most SOONDERE characters, although it helps the fact that she's cushioned by a cast primarily focusing of other girls.

While the plot is currently unfolding, it has taken the opportunity to flesh out how everyone came to be, which is nice since they didn't wait to some inane time period to show us when it matters the most... or something.

I guess there's also something called Certain Magical Index, which I think I get the idea of where that is going given the movie that they bothered to advertise on the second disc (and marking it the first movie that I bought after Funi forced me to sit through ads). But that isn't something I'll worry about.

I think the matter is... I'm enjoying this show, and that is leaving Link Man 3 for 3 of shows that I'm enjoying because he linked me on Amazon.

JCG

Cross Ange tries to do the same, but it's only a pale imitation at best.

At least for me it's not even close in comparison. Cross Ange is far too lazy and way less interesting of a show.

There's practically nothing good about it for me to like, so watching that series would just be a gigantic waste of my time.

I took Code Geass seriously and still loved it.

If it works for you, that's fine. Frankly, not taking it seriously doesn't have to mean being uncaring, full of rage or irony towards the show. That's...well, really missing out in my opinion.

I think Code Geass is best seen when you're not too serious but not too cynical either. Chill out, mix and match the crazy with the interesting stuff. Like the good parts, but laugh if you need to. Have fun.

Blablurn

Assassination Classroom Episode 9

There was no bad episode so far. I love this show. Episode 9 was great too. I really wonder how the show will end.

zulux21

Assassination Classroom Episode 9

There was no bad episode so far. I love this show. Episode 9 was great too. I really wonder how the show will end.

no clue but at least we have 13 episodes before we find out :p

it was nice to have at least one show worth watching from the season (I still need to catch up on death parade but my thoughts were mixed on the first few eps)

it's all good though I got my wife mostly caught up on doctor who and detective conan during this season (thus why I haven't been posting much in here because doctor who isn't an anime and I don't think I have ever seen someone post detective conan stuff :( I've been going through the movies which are over the top but amusing.)

The Chimera Ant arc has some of the best moments in the entire show yes, the problem is the pacing in the latter half is so slow and tedious that it kills most of the immersion for most people leading up to those moments. Thankfully those moments are masterfully done. So much so that they save the last part of that arc from being a total trainwreck.

It's still pretty bad, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

yup it has some really great moments, sadly a lot of stuff out of those moments aren't very focused or well done...

SCREW YOU NARRATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @_@

on a different note the next anime season looks so fun... there is like 10 shows i am planning to pick up.

on a different note the next anime season looks so fun... there is like 10 shows i am planning to pick up.

Shit, multiple shows I'm watching will have ended at the end of this season. G-Reco, Shirobako, GBF Try, Log Horizon 2, Aldnoah Zero, plus a lot of one cour shows. I'll only be following JoJo and IM@S going into next season. I dunno what I'm even picking up next season besides Soma.

Feels good man maybe I can squeeze in more good shows like Gintama or VOTOMS

zulux21

Shit, multiple shows I'm watching will have ended at the end of this season. G-Reco, Shirobako, GBF Try, Log Horizon 2, Aldnoah Zero, plus a lot of one cour shows. I'll only be following JoJo and IM@S going into next season. I dunno what I'm even picking up next season besides Soma.

Feels good man maybe I can squeeze in more good shows like Gintama or VOTOMS

I'm planning to check out
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV)
Denpa Kyoushi (TV)
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV)
Owari no Seraph
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
Ore Monogatari!!
Kekkai Sensen

shows I am absolutely hands down no doubt will watch every episode that airs.
Shokugeki no Souma
nisekoi season 2
baby steps season 2
ace of diamond season 2

show I might watch if my wife is watching it
digimon

shows I might watch if I ever catch up on earlier seasons
new gintama
new lupin the third
new fate stay night

top show I am expecting to be praised in the anime thread but I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot stick
Hibike! Euphonium

fool me once k-on shame on me, you shall not fool me twice with a jazz version of k-on :p

Oh Lupin and Ore Monogatari are next season? Will watch those for sure.
I suppose I'll end up watching the new Gintama season, when I get there. I'll probably give the KyoAni Jazz show a shot too

Other then that, I guess Robot Girls Z+ and Ninja Slayer. Looks like a lot of garbage I mean, there's FSN and Nisekoi at the same time. And are there two Grisaia adaptations or is this a Fafner/Fafnir situation?
Oh one is only one episode.

Caesnd

I still prefer some of the shorts from the first season, but yeah this was really well done. The voice acting definitely deserves a nod, especially since it's all done by Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara, like every other short. They're doing a really good job of showing their range. Lol.

I think the reason I liked it so much is because it wasn't just a well executed short in and of itself, but provided a unique perspective on aspects of another culture (in this case, eastern european satire), in ways I think only Japanese animation production is capable of.
The overwrought nature of the work aside, I think the presentation lent itself to the task perfectly. There is a lot to take in and as a pure audiovisual experience it really commands your attention.

zulux21

Oh Lupin and Ore Monogatari are next season? Will watch those for sure.
I suppose I'll end up watching the new Gintama season, when I get there. I'll probably give the KyoAni Jazz show a shot too

ore is for sure 24 episodes with trailer already

lupin is supposed to be but at this time there still isn't any promotional stuff for it.
when it starts airing I will likely look for feedback if it's a decent starting point for the series... I wouldn't be surprised if it was as even though it's a sequel to the 1980s series it's been 30 years since then so they likely will want to make it accessible.

as for grisaia one is a tv series one is an ova series
ova
tv series

linked image descriptions for them in case the image has some sort of spoiler.

Quasar

Saekano 9

Is this show really going to end in 2 more episodes? They haven't even shown the last girl in the OP yet. For such a short show, they sure are taking forever to introduce all the main characters.

Its why I keep thinking there will be a second 11 later.

phaze

Inferno Cop 1-14 END

B-bbut what happened to the Southern Cross organisation ? Damn unresolved plot threads !

I'll give the show props for some of the most photorealistic backgrounds I've witnessed in anime.

Great Teacher Onizuka 19
And this closes off this mini arc. Even having an IQ of 200 and being genetically modified won't protect you from the charm of greito ticha Onizuka. I thought Jesuruto was unparalleled in the ways of Talk no Jutsu but Eikichi could give him a run for his money.

Poor Miyabi suffers defeat after defeat in her quest to oust him from school and I've no doubt her time to be converted will come eventually.

GTO 20
Goddamn buses, trains and trucks that always get in the way of true love. I hope they won't drop this romance angle and it will resurface soon.

/XX/

The overwrought nature of the work aside, I think the presentation lent itself to the task perfectly. There is a lot to take in and as a pure audiovisual experience it really commands your attention.
Such a brisk pace of audiovisual experience, man... but as at least it stretches for more than one minute Mr. Maeda & Co., didn't have to worry that much about how not to provoke epilepsy attacks to the viewer, like for his Ani*Kuri15 short that didn't pass the NHK tests at first! Madness concentrated in less than sixty seconds for 54 cuts and approx., 2000 key animation sheets of solo-work from him.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm watching saekano

Help

Don't worry, me too :)

Yuri Kuma Arashi 9

Ginko goes to the dark side, complete with evil red eye.
Principal killed by her own students. And then, cliffhanger!
Oh boy, next episode is going to be great. Will love prefail?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Log Horizon Season 2, Episode 23:

At the very least the run up to the end of this season is a hell of a lot more interesting then it was in Season 1. I just hope we get that Season 3, At any rate, the lunar revelation has already had its profound implications as plans are underway to build a communication device but that is stalled for a couple of reasons. Also, this revelation is already getting people to start thinking about leaving or staying. Though honestly it feels like some are downright jumping ahead a good fifteen chapters as I do feel like pointing out that why lies on the moon is merely the possibility of a hint on how to get home, no the bloody exit itself. At least this what we have been told, there is a lot of uncertainty but what is certain is that the influence of the Adventures is becoming deep by the day. Anyway, the lion's share of focus is on Adventurer liaison Issac. I have probably seen him around but this is really the first time he has been in the spotlight and he has the task of training the locals and the heir to the Lander kingdom of Eastal and I have to admit this one episode was a hundered times more interesting then any one of the episode featuring the Log Horizon Junior Leauger. Anyway, we learn the state of affairs of Lander politics and indeed we finally get the reason why Westlande has cast their lot in with Minmai and an assassination attempt is thwarted. Ri Gan finally shows up to give us news on the transport portals, seems they are shut down because of administrator becon on the moon and we are handed a plot point right out of Final Fantasy 8. Though before we can Mega Man Legends 2 this bitch we finally, finally have the tides of war upon us. The battle for Akihabara starts next week.

cajunator

Banned

Midonin

Ah, so Cinderella Girls is going to be a split-cour season.

Milky Holmes TD 10

Voice actor jokes, card games on spaceships, and a sacrifice that achieves a significant amount of emotional resonance. Not bad.

Utena 17-23

And so the Black Rose arc comes to a close. The way it brought back minor characters from the student council arc and gave them more dimensions, while telling a story about chasing after something that was ultimately just an illusion, makes for some really interesting stuff. Akio's been getting kinda close with Anthy as the arc has gone on, and while I don't know the details of what's happening, it looks like it's going to be expanded on very soon. Chasing for something that's
already gone
... a fundamental fact of life, but also something worth thinking about. How far should one go for ideals?

Log horizon 2 - 23

Excellent episode , Damn it was an excellent episode.

issac took the spotlight but this wasn't an episode without some times to check all the fact and the feelign of many characters, including shiroe or rudy on the issue at hand.

But goddamn that last part of the episode good. S2 did devellop many characters now that i think about it , just not the ones i thought.

Lenessaia got it all covered ... Beware of the people in glasses , the hardest to get friend with !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom