• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hk1ckqt7.jpg
hk2qirf2.jpg

Twas nice to see an expanded story of Lev's beginning in Nekoma.

Along with more interaction between Kenma and Kuro.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 61 (engDub)

One of the best fights of the whole anime, all the counterspells and such combined with the looming drama.

I love Kyoya Gaen's engdub voice, makes everything sound so wonderful.

Cornbread78

It's an harem anime that tries to talk about harem anime tropes in manga/anime and Vns

The character relationships are easy to understand but quite underwhelming and ultimately feel hollow.

Good summary, not something I could probably get into then. I have about 8 episodes of Full Horizon left, then looking for something more like SAO in terms of emotional depth/relationships.

Good summary, not something I could probably get into then. I have about 8 episodes of Full Horizon left, then looking for something more like SAO in terms of emotional depth/relationships.

If you've just started watching anime , then it's not for you BECAUSE you need some references to get the point of god so many scenes.

Put it on the backlog and watch it in 2, 3 years.

Quasar

If you've just started watching anime , then it's not for you BECAUSE you need some references to get the point of god so many scenes.

Put it on the backlog and watch it in 2, 3 years.

Well that depends on whether they are into the games. That could carry you through.

I've been enjoying it myself. Probably enjoying it more than I have the other new shows from this season (aside from maybe the cooking show, though its lack of plot is wearing down my enthusiam a bit). But that probably says more about this season than anything.

Death Parade 10

Was the old lady the wife of the old man from Death Billiards? That connection along with the previous visitors being on the cards makes me wonder. I assume it was to stir up the girl's memory and not for the old lady.

As I thought, the old man who plays pool is dangerous as hell.

Uh oh. Why is the next episode called Memento Mori?
I assume the girl will die and Decim will shed one tear or something

Midonin

GARO -Seal of Flames- 21

Now Leon's getting the hang of this. Not so sure about the spike-boobs. I know "boobs!" was one of the first things I heard about OG Garo, but never like this.

Isuca 08

I like that we got a Suseri episode, mostly so I can hear more of Mao Ichimichi's voice acting. Keep it up, Luka.

Fafnir 10

Well. That didn't go as expected.

JCG

Geass S1 is great. S2 isn't. Still I'd rather ragewatch Geass S2 than half the stuff showing this season.

Geass S2 is simply crazier and not everyone wants to go along with it. Sometimes I share the typical complaints, sometimes I don't (for instance, I'd say ZR is legitimately great).

But there are some actual positives to it, which the shows that truly made me rage tend to absolutely lack. That's why I can -and do- enjoy rewatching it.

I couldn't take Geass seriously after the table scene.

Who says you should? I've always found that scene to be amusing.

The staff had a weird sense of humor and weren't above in-jokes. In retrospect, Nina was kind of an obvious punching bag for them.

FluxWaveZ

Death Parade 10

That was a nice, subdued episode, especially after the last one. Reminds me of the bowling game with the lovers, episode 3.

Can't really tell where things are going now. It seems like the games are over, at least, and now it'll be focused on
Chiyuki
and crazy beard man. They seemed to imply that
Chiyuki died as a child
, so it'll be interesting to see her regain her memories.

PK Gaming

If you take Code Geass seriously, you watched it wrong.

It's the kind of anime that's so stupid it swings back into amazing, and R2 does little to change that.

Cross Ange tries to do the same, but it's only a pale imitation at best.

I still maintain that there was never a point where it jumped the shark.

And if there was one, it would be super early on, when Suzaku and Lelouch save Nunnally from Mao.

For me, I think one can take Geass seriously enough in S1.

Like, despite the ridiculousness of what happens in the last few episodes of S1 (and some other ridiculous things before that) I feel like things don't go full-on "List show" until S2.

MAJOR GEASS SPOILERS BELOW.

Like, the way the Euphinator scene occurred can be seen as horribly contrived yes, but it's how everything proceeds after that I think is directed perfectly.

Take, Euphemia's death scene. It's going on at the exact same time Zero is giving his speech to the Japanese, who have suffered the most from the massacre and are understandably pissed, to which Lelouch uses to his advantage. Meanwhile, Euphemia is on her death bed with Suzaku by her side, and the way the scene transitions from Lelouch to Suzaku as you see what's happening and what it means for the rest of the show is just freaking heartbreaking.

Before that scene I was on Lelouch's side, rooting for the Black Knights all the way. But after that...yeah. At that point I knew the whole thing was gonna end horribly for everyone and I just wanted the fighting to stop. Which I assume was the intended reaction, and that's why I think S1 is legit good and not just "List" good.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What's up everybody, thought I'd finally start posting here and see why Wonzo gets frustrated about all the time.
Did I hit a nerve to anyone here? Please don't ban me lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I can already feel the love lol. I'm I the only one loving Saekano (I think that's the name for the otaku guy making a game with 4 other girls) in here? All the other shows are kinda lacking, except for YowaPeda and Parasyte even though I heard the manga for the latter is way better.

duckroll

It's the best one so far I think. I'm not familiar with the original play, but the delivery felt evocative of a lot of Russian satire I've come across.

The voice actors did a terrific job.

I still prefer some of the shorts from the first season, but yeah this was really well done. The voice acting definitely deserves a nod, especially since it's all done by Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara, like every other short. They're doing a really good job of showing their range. Lol.

Blusby

I can already feel the love lol. I'm I the only one loving Saekano (I think that's the name for the otaku guy making a game with 4 other girls) in here? All the other shows are kinda lacking, except for YowaPeda and Parasyte even though I heard the manga for the latter is way better.

Watch Shirobako.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
just remembered i gotta watch hunter x hunter too lol. should i watch the 2012 version which remasters the original series?

The first few arcs are apparently substantially better in the original.

They're also longer, well the Hunter Exam arc is. I'm not sure how the pacing is in the Heavens Arena or the Yorknew arc in the 1999 version, but I'd imagine they're longer there as well.

Or maybe that's just me and my taste for the 2011 considering I haven't watched the 1999 version. >_<

If you want my advice, go with the 2011 version first, since you'll be going there anyway for the Greed Island and Chimera Ant arcs, and when you're finished go for the 1999 version and check out the differences and see which one you think is done better.

just remembered i gotta watch hunter x hunter too lol. should i watch the 2012 version which remasters the original series?

You can do either. A lot of people like 99 better for directing but 11 covers more stuff and I think they are both greatly directed and both look great. I would say to watch the first few episodes of '99 anyway because '11 doesn't do a great job on that part, but if you're going to go all the way you are gonna watch '11 anyway.

Gintama 064

Zura is the best.

wonzo

Banned
'99 + OVA1 is the best hxh adaptation. omly good things the 2011 version has going for it is a decent greed island take + mking me realise how fucking bad the chimera ant arc is

'99 + OVA1 is the best hxh adaptation. omly good things the 2011 version has going for it is a decent greed island take + mking me realise how fucking bad the chimera ant arc is

I will defend the chimera ant arc as being an amazing arc until the day I die
Now put up yer dukes

For me Yorkshin is the best and most consistent, but Chimera Ants holds the majority of the best moments in the series for me.

The Chimera Ant arc has some of the best moments in the entire show yes, the problem is the pacing in the latter half is so slow and tedious that it kills most of the immersion for most people leading up to those moments. Thankfully those moments are masterfully done. So much so that they save the last part of that arc from being a total trainwreck.

It's still pretty bad, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Been looking back at the Shishio fight in Kenshin. What happened to you since then Studio Deen?

Studio DEEN is actually on the upswing lately, due mainly to Mamoru Hatakeyama/Shinichi Omata being there. He did an excellent job with Rozen Maiden 2013 and his Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju show looks to be even better. They've had some other interesting directors do interesting stuff in recent years too: Soubi Yamamoto (Meganebu) and Mitsue Yamazaki (Hakkenden). So DEEN isn't hopeless like they were for most of the 2000s.

Rhapsody

Banned
Studio DEEN is actually on the upswing lately, due mainly to Mamoru Hatakeyama/Shinichi Omata being there. He did an excellent job with Rozen Maiden 2013 and his Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju show looks to be even better. They've had some other interesting directors do interesting stuff in recent years too: Soubi Yamamoto (Meganebu) and Mitsue Yamazaki (Hakkenden). So DEEN isn't hopeless like they were for most of the 2000s.

Ah. The last thing I probably watched from them (but never finished) was the poor Umineko adaptation.
I did see gifs of the new Rozen Maiden and it did look pretty good. I just didn't know if it was consistent throughout or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom