• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Lesbian Bear Storm-9
ibdobFNPM1964s.jpg

No, you didn't. Is it possible this is some translation error or there's some sort of Japanese subtlety that the translation is missing?
I hate
miscommunication issues like this. Of course Kureha shoots first and asks questions later. Then that ending... So some random students end up shooting the teacher? Really?

Lesbian Bear Storm-9

I hate
miscommunication issues like this. Of course Kureha shoots first and asks questions later. Then that ending... So some random students end up shooting the teacher? Really?

Yeh...

But I guess with how vague everything is and how little logic matters in this plot department it's not supposed to really matter. Which is still kinda just an excuse for shoddy work.

I mean, I could add that it's unrealistic how Kureha hits her on the first try when she literally couldn't save her life this when when she depended on it.

Syrinx

I'm in an anime rut right now. Mostly just watching Shirobako week to week and waiting for Yuri Kuma Arashi to end so I can watch that straight through.

Serial Experiments Lain 3:
Man, there were some really creepy and effective moments in this episode. Seeing Lain going through her house and not seeing anyone there was a very surreal moment, and the way the show used the music and avoided dialogue really helped build the scene. The whole episode moved slowly, but with a real purpose to it. Lain is looking around at different things, but just about everything raises even more questions. Everything is coming back to the Wired.

And the show continues to look absolutely gorgeous. I probably don't need to say anything more about the power lines, but goddamn. I think it's a well established fact that the quality of an anime is directly related to the amount of power/phone lines you can see, but this just proves it further. The whole environment here feels positively buzzing.

I'm in an anime rut right now. Mostly just watching Shirobako week to week and waiting for Yuri Kuma Arashi to end so I can watch that straight through.

That's where I've been for the last couple of months (just watching Shirobako, Yurikuma and G-Reco essentially), but I feel like I'm starting to get back into the mood a little bit right now. We'll see how things go.

Jex

[Death Parade] - 10

Strangely enough, this episode served as a direct sequel to the original short animation!

Thankfully this entire episode wound the excitement down several notches to focus on the characters. Unfortunately, I don't really think their well developed enough for that to actually work, but it's a nice idea.

Narag

Death Parade 10

Thought this one wasn't going to click with me but the game turned that around, particularly how the Anime MIrai episode was integrated.

Doukyuusei is being adapted by A-1 Pictures, staff:

Director: Nakamura Shouko
Character design: Hayashi Akemi
Art Director: Nakamura Chieko
Music: Kotaro Oshio

Source:http://otakomu.jp/archives/234622.html

That's a star-studded lineup of excellent female artists. Neat!

And the promo backs up the strength of the staff; there's a really attractive mellow atmosphere to the whole thing. The character designs and backgrounds are soft and warm. The guitar music is reflective and peaceful. You can sense that feminine touch at work. Will definitely keep an eye out for this.

kewlmyc

Aldnoah Zero Episode 22

I wish I had a robotic eye that takes over my conscience when I pass out. Both Inaho and Slaine can't aim for shit. Also death flags for everyone!

I predict Lemeria dying next episode right in front of Slaine just to make matters worse.

Death Parade 10

A bit boring episode. It's really an episode without real purpose and identity, as it exists as bridge between the conclusion of the previous episode (the insight gained by Decim) and what we could call the "main plot" with both Decim and the girl. It's more a slow prologue to the proper end, which I imagine it will be ep 11-12.

Durarara!! x2 Episode 10

Cant wait to rewatch it once dubbed, though the stuff outside of the backstory was really good. Hes really starting to grow on me so I hope he contributes greatly.
CAE8btWWsAARiGe.jpg

Izaya and Masaomi conversation was the most pleasing part for me. Love their interactions always.

Midonin

Dog Days'' 10

Bit heavy on the exposition side, but for the second day in a row, music is the key to solving everything. The stakes are at a nice level for this series. Personal and grand, but not steeped in bloodshed, necessarily.

Rolling Girls 10

Chiaya is really
an octopus alien.
I was scared when it looked like she was in danger there, and the Momotaro-like nature of the story is coming to light, with referring to Kukino as a "demon". Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up.

phaze

Second part of Anime in 2014 by everyone's favourite youtube anime reviewer is out

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 34

I call fucking bullshit on that
chocolate trick.

Yuri Kuma Arashi 09

Well that was fast. I was expecting her to last longer. Two good episodes in a row, I might yet warm up to this show.

Aldnoah.Zero 22

RIP
Inaho.
Welcome RoboInaho.

Slaine's awful aim is seemingly contagious as neither he or Inaho could hit each other from 2 meters.

Death Parade - 10
I'm sure to miss this show when it'll be over , again a magnificent showcase of how human are diverse creatures , flawed sometimes yet at the same time full of hope, even when they despair.

This episode didn't disapoint.

ibyea

Banned
Death Parade 10
A relaxing episode this time, mainly centered around Decim's thoughts on judgment. Looks like a setup for the finale.

phaze

Man, there were some really creepy and effective moments in this episode. Seeing Lain going through her house and not seeing anyone there was a very surreal moment, and the way the show used the music and avoided dialogue really helped build the scene. The whole episode moved slowly, but with a real purpose to it. Lain is looking around at different things, but just about everything raises even more questions. Everything is coming back to the Wired.

And the show continues to look absolutely gorgeous. I probably don't need to say anything more about the power lines, but goddamn. I think it's a well established fact that the quality of an anime is directly related to the amount of power/phone lines you can see, but this just proves it further. The whole environment here feels positively buzzing.
zgn0yupa.gif

I just saw that Durarara got a new series. Didn't see it talked about here, is it any good?

I feel it's significantly poorer than the original, both in terms of story as well as execution, but if you liked the first outing you should still give it a try.

cj_iwakura

Oh my god, Mononoke is on crunchyroll. And GTO.
Wow, they are on fire now.

It's one of my favorite shows(obviously), I can't wait for your thoughts by the end.

duckroll

Doukyuusei is being adapted by A-1 Pictures, staff:

Director: Nakamura Shouko
Character design: Hayashi Akemi
Art Director: Nakamura Chieko
Music: Kotaro Oshio

Cast:
Kenji Nojima
Kamiya Hiroshi

Source:http://otakomu.jp/archives/234622.html

That's a star-studded lineup of excellent female artists. Neat!

I'm super happy that Nakamura and Hayashi are getting to make a BL anime. I hope it's good. The art style, the backgrounds, the music, all look great, but I hope it isn't sanitized or anything. If they're going to do a gay romance, just do it, I don't like character dancing around the issue and pretending they might just be "friends" or whatever.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gundam unicorn 1
Im liking it so far, very beautiful looking show, and the tease of the gundam at the end got me hype, sawano's music sounds the best Ive heard here aswell.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Im trying to finish up watching Evangelion and it really is too deep for me...

Im on episode 24 and why did they introduce a new character so late in the series?

Theonik

Shirobako-22
hahahahaha that ending
Yes. Here's my prediction. Remember there was this character Kinoshita really thought Zuka could play but was not cast to? They have to re-record her lines, but the original VA now has another gig and is not available for the re-recording. They scramble to find someone to replace her and Kinoshita says 'Hey how about that girl?' and they contact her and Zuka gets the role!

How much money would a production committee lose due to something like that? VAs and studio time aren't cheap.
A bunch of money but it always depends on how much they need to re-do. They lose a ton of money everywhere if this happens. See production hells with 10 ADs per episode.

SHONEN HOLLYWOOD -HOLLY STAGE FOR 50- Episode 23 Between Right and Right

The audience interaction was hilarious, whoever called Kakeru sexy, or Makki's lines and fans. Loved it. I will miss that part of this anime most.

Tomii's emotions were great for putting into words what probably everyone was feeling.
kind of wish they had earned a theater upgrade etc on their own abilities and not just having it given to them

Good ed
CAFUtOGUwAE7qtp.png

cajunator

Banned

So is this morel ike Nanoha/A's than StrikerS? Is there more loli buttkicking action?

Let's see :

Ok i'm IN

I still think it's rough around the edges , but given what happens in the manga i'm IN , I want to see those fights animated. Oh and some Sdburton friendship too

They better have the budget for that familly trip arc.

Well it looks promising but the art style seems to have changed a bit.

Dog Days'' 10

Bit heavy on the exposition side, but for the second day in a row, music is the key to solving everything. The stakes are at a nice level for this series. Personal and grand, but not steeped in bloodshed, necessarily.

Rolling Girls 10

Chiaya is really
an octopus alien.
I was scared when it looked like she was in danger there, and the Momotaro-like nature of the story is coming to light, with referring to Kukino as a "demon". Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up.

Chiaya still proving to be best
alien girl
I know how to pick them!

Im trying to finish up watching Evangelion and it really is too deep for me...

Im on episode 24 and why did they introduce a new character so late in the series?

Heheh. Eheheheheheheheeeeeee
Watch EoE.

Serious

So is this morel ike Nanoha/A's than StrikerS? Is there more loli buttkicking action?

It's fairly laid back. No serious plot (unless the direction changed, I haven't followed the manga for a while), fun, tournaments, lots of characters. If anything I'd compare it to Dog Days.

Also Vivio still has Sankt Kaiser (adult) mode from StrikerS, as does Einhart.

Vivio is the heroine along with a new girl , both are loli ,
both have adult forms
and some of the cutest Intelligent device you'll see in the entire franchise.

Vivid is about some fun buttkicking action following most of the rules in the nanoha-verse oh and some fighting , lots of fighting .. What else do you expect from the daughter of nanoha and fate ?

The side cast is good ( yes more characters ), everyone else is there with more or less active roles like Nove or Vita being the most active.

I don't think we'll reach the point when things get serious, gonna ask now for an S2.

I'm super happy that Nakamura and Hayashi are getting to make a BL anime. I hope it's good. The art style, the backgrounds, the music, all look great, but I hope it isn't sanitized or anything. If they're going to do a gay romance, just do it, I don't like character dancing around the issue and pretending they might just be "friends" or whatever.

This isn't my area of expertise, but BL fans seem to like the manga, for what that's worth.

Tenumi

Banned
Digimon Frontier: 13

Finally, the plot is starting to pick up. Shame the same can't be said about the likeability of most of the main characters. Only Izumi has been likeable so far, and what have they done? Taken away her evolution ability while giving the rest of the cast even more evolutions! God damn it, Toei...

This episode gave a bit of needed backstory shown through lazy animation and introduced a few new villians into the mix. Hurray.

cajunator

Banned
It's fairly laid back. No serious plot (unless the direction changed, I haven't followed the manga for a while), fun, tournaments, lots of characters. If anything I'd compare it to Dog Days.

Also Vivio still has Sankt Kaiser (adult) mode from StrikerS, as does Einhart.

Vivio is the heroine along with a new girl , both are loli ,
both have adult forms
and some of the cutest Intelligent device you'll see in the entire franchise.

Vivid is about some fun buttkicking action following most of the rules in the nanoha-verse oh and some fighting , lots of fighting .. What else do you expect from the daughter of nanoha and fate ?

The side cast is good ( yes more characters ), everyone else is there with more or less active roles like Nove or Vita being the most active.

I don't think we'll reach the point when things get serious, gonna ask now for an S2.

THanks yall.
So do you think maybe if Vivid is popular someone might renew the licenses for the first two series? A lot of people want to watch it but it has been out of print and very expensive (my boxsets feel like gold) and its surprising to me that it hasnt been license rescued with all the magical girl popularity.

Oh cool, didn't know Umetsu drew an illustration to promote the live action Kite movie in Japan

I wonder what its rating will be....

*Looks like I'm still the only one who really liked StrikerS*...
No you're not , i acknowledge strikers problems with facing , but i enjoy this season.

I'd be much happier if they would just make Nanoha A's 2 or something. I'd prefer to ignore the fact that StrikerS even exists.

NO the only shitty thing that should be forgotten is FORCE and nobody remembers that .
Vivid is a blend of Season 2 with things from season 3. It has a better pacing and actually explore the world building left in the dust by strikers properly. It's a good manga and if they don't mess up , it'll be a solid entry in the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom