• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Neon Genesis Evangelion 26

288.gif

Coungratulations.
Shinji is just like Teddy from Persona.
Onto to the movies, oh boy....
And man that animation.

Idolmaster Xenoglossia 13

It's hard for me to get invested in the drama when all I think of the story/characters is bad fanfiction. Makoto was completely predictable.

I like the JoJo OP, especially the JOOOOOOJOO at the end. It's almost like I wanna join in on it, but I think I'd wake the neighbors if I'd do that

nxegzt.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also thank you all for the recommendations for Pingu Pongu but this is actually probably the only anime I watched last year so I have covered that already. Besides Princess Kaguya which I paid Fourteen Hawaiian Dollars!! to pay to see in theaters but oh so worth it friends.

Anime is for plebes, you should read The Voynich Hotel instead.

ibyea

Banned
Neon Genesis Evangelion 26

288.gif

Coungratulations.
Shinji is just like Teddy from Persona.
Onto to the movies, oh boy....
And man that animation.

Well, at least that ending is memorable... (whether for the right or wrong reasons, I guess it depends on the person)

Branduil

Thats good I just found the mod buttons again they are still there where I left them LOL!

You guys should savor this once-in-a-lifetime events while it lasts imo.

Also thank you all for the recommendations for Pingu Pongu but this is actually probably the only anime I watched last year so I have covered that already. Besides Princess Kaguya which I paid Fourteen Hawaiian Dollars!! to pay to see in theaters but oh so worth it friends.

ibb8UznICABvkx.jpg

Try Space Dandy, Shirobako, and Animator Expo.

Oh, and WIXOSS

Midonin

So the next Cinderella Girls unit next week will be
Rika, Kirari and Miria, forming a group known as "Decoration". Except it's spelled 凸レーション.
Puns!

So the next Cinderella Girls unit next week will be
Rika, Kirari and Miria, forming a group known as "Decoration". Except it's spelled 凸レーション.
Puns!

Man this series is awful for me since I can only remember like 3 of the characters names

Rin, Ranko, Anastasia and Anzu. That's all I know. Alliteration!

Thoraxes

Miku Ito's voice makes my heart go doki doki.
You misspelled
second
best.

As of season 2, yes.
Hello friends. I was wondering if you all could give me recommendations as to some animes from the past recent seasons I should watch? For my background as an anime watcher I am a big and loyal fan of Bleach and Naruto, I cried when Naruto and Hinata had babies bc that is my OTP.

Thanks.
Yurikuma Arashi. (Also Ping Pong and Shirobako). I forgot if you liked the monogatari series, but Tsukimonogatari and Hanamonogatari were both pretty good too.

Dooooo it icarus-sama.
ITS HERE

e: owned by hotlinking orz

Fuck yeah. Summer is going to be great.

Thats good I just found the mod buttons again they are still there where I left them LOL!

You guys should savor this once-in-a-lifetime events while it lasts imo.

Hey, icarus! Good to see you in these parts again.

I'll give you a recommendation no one else will: Shounen Hollywood. Written by a novelist and ex-idol, it is about a group of teenage boys striving to become idols - but really it's about the character drama that results from their pursuit of their dreams, as well as an exploration of the weirdness that is the idol industry. Don't take my word for it; read Narag's thoughtful write-up. It's a split-cour show - the first season aired last summer, and the second season is just finishing this month.

I'd also like to bring your attention to Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju, an upcoming TV show from the talented director Mamoru Hatakeyama. I'll just quote a plot synopsis:

When a certain man is released from prison, he knows exactly where he's heading first. After falling in love with a traditional comic storyteller's rendition of the story called "Shinigami," he is determined to become his apprentice. The performer, Yakumo, has never taken an apprentice before, but to everyone's surprise, he accepts the eager ex-prisoner, nicknaming him "Yotaro."

As Yotaro happily begins his new life, he meets others in Yakumo's life, including Yakumo's ward Konatsu. Konatsu was the daughter of a famous storyteller, and Yakumo took her in after her father's tragic death. Konatsu loved her father's storytelling, and would love to become a performer in her own right--but that path is not available for women.

The first of two accompanying OADs has just been released, and it's a strong start for the series, involving good direction, nuanced character drama, and as you can see exploration of niche subject matter that isn't typical for anime. So definitely keep an eye out for this!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hello friends. I was wondering if you all could give me recommendations as to some animes from the past recent seasons I should watch? For my background as an anime watcher I am a big and loyal fan of Bleach and Naruto, I cried when Naruto and Hinata had babies bc that is my OTP.

Thanks.

To add to everyone else's suggestions, Nozaki-kun!

Hey Icarus!

Thanks.

Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Madoka Magica
Fate/Zero
Gundam Build Fighters (Not TRY)

The one on the bottom is the most recent out of all of those.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere - 8

Well, even if I don't fully understand what's going on, at least we seem to be getting somewhere now. I hope this means we get to see Tori fight soon. Like, I don't think it's been said what abilities he has or if he even has any yet.

Thanks.

Cross Ange is the new Code Geass, only better.

sonicmj1

Thanks.

Good to hear you've seen Ping Pong and Kaguya. They're the real standouts of last year. Shirobako is good and worthwhile, but not on the same level.

Ikuhara's got a new show running this season, Yuri Kuma Arashi. At this point it doesn't seem like it's on quite the same level as his best material, but it's still interesting and good once you get past the hectic opening episodes.

Girls und Panzer movie running time is now 120 mins
But it also delayed AGAIN to Nov 21

PV(Crusader tank is finally moving)
Fresh from the Ōarai Spring Festival 'Kairaku Festa', pre-full PV with a timeline and interspersed new scenes from the movie:

ガールズ&パンツァー劇場版新PV - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1IFySdwls

Poster

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
ITS HERE

e: owned by hotlinking orz
Stupid sexy Kiyoshi

Thanks.

I'll promote several anime that haven't been mentioned yet.

Samurai Flamenco= it's a supersentai/tokusatsu parody that somehow turn into the most batshit insane anime starting ep. 7

Jojo Bizarre Adventure
It's a great shonen anime

Barakamon- famous caligrapher move to a small island and meet various interesting character.

Silver Spoon- Agricultural school slice of life

Sekai Seifuku
The greatest anti smoke campaign in anime.

Peco

Thanks.

The Ryo-timo Yozakura Quartet adaptation is pretty sweet. Watch it following this.

wonzo

Banned
VOTOMS 32-34

RED SKY.
RED EARTH.
ALL DYED RED BY AN IMMEASURABLE AMOUNT OF BLOOD.
A CURSED PLANET.
ONE BEARING THE SCARS OF THE RED SHOULDERS.
OF MELKIAN STRATEGIC AT SPECIAL OPS CORPS X-1'S VIOLENT MISSION.
NEXT TIME,
PLANET SUNSA
ON THIS WORLD, STEEL DEVILS WITH CRIMSON SHOULDERS ONCE RAMPAGED.

people that think ttgl is manly havent seen SHIT

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Thanks.
There's this "Ootna" show that people keep talking about.

Justified 1

Don't know how they'll outdo Boyd Crowder going forward but they have their chance.
Well, about that.

Girls und Panzer movie running time is now 120 mins
But it also delayed AGAIN to Nov 21

PV(Crusader tank is finally moving)
Poster
I don't even get what they're trying to evoke with the dichotomy there.
War is moe?

I'm catching up on Shirobako and I just finished ep 12. I have to say, the series didn't really grab me until around episode 8 or 9. That scene with Kanno had me in stitches and it's probably the only reference I've understood. The moment they wrapped up production on Exodus was very cathartic.

TUSR

Banned
I'm catching up on Shirobako and I just finished ep 12. I have to say, the series didn't really grab me until around episode 8 or 9. That scene with Kanno had me in stitches and it's probably the only reference I've understood. The moment they wrapped up production on Exodus was very cathartic.

you can now watch the OVA

Jex

My issue was the episodic nature of it. Maybe it was just me having a misperception of anime but I always assumed most shows were more serialized.

I just noticed it's on Hulu plus so I may give Cowboy Bebop another try.

I wouldn't recommend having any preconceived notions about episodic content versus serialised storytelling. One method is not superior to another, they're very different properties. Cowboy Bebop is certainly a far better title then the hundreds and hundreds of middling serialised anime stories that can be found in this medium.
It says funding was just canceled.

Huh.
Sounds like that went about as badly as I would have expected.

Cross Ange 23

Woah, wait a sec. Hold on now.
...When did Ange's hair grow back?

The scene where Hilda confesses to Ange is better then anything Tusk ever did. I'm still sour about it!

Goddamn Ange, ice fucking cold at the ending there. At least she stands by her convictions but shit.

So Embryo really does have Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. He just swaps himself with another him from the multiverse upon death.
So I guess Tusk really will beat him then.

Expecting like half the cast to die in these last episodes

Cross Ange 23

That happy face after sex.

The quality here and there, even if we are in the end already, was a bit distracting. I suppose is compensated by the later fight.

The pseudo-science BS explanations were lol. Of course.

I will choose to be a bit dense and understand this as canon harem end.

Man, Tusk is so plain and boring. Even the design is boring. And of course his "I will be your knight I will protect you!" repeated 100 times is also boring (and even it goes against the themes of the series). That's his problem, it isn't just being a man, but being so plain in a larger-than life outrageous series. Embryo is cool as fuck, for example.

Ange, in the other hand, it's a character that goes commando to the final battle. Hilarious, hot, and kind of badass.

Bitch Ange is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom