• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Ange 23

Who says you can't have a husbando and a waifu in Ange's new world! Waiting for that moment next episode that Salia kills Alektra and she finally acknowledges her.

Jex

Hello friends. I was wondering if you all could give me recommendations as to some animes from the past recent seasons I should watch? For my background as an anime watcher I am a big and loyal fan of Bleach and Naruto, I cried when Naruto and Hinata had babies bc that is my OTP.

Thanks.

Highschool of the Dead is pretty good I hear, it has lots of feels and feelers.
I don't even get what they're trying to evoke with the dichotomy there.
War is moe?

It's SUPER moe guyz.

Thoraxes

Cross Ange - 23

BET5HL1.jpg

Hilda now a confirmed and accepted as an addition to Ange's harem, and Ange wants lesbians to be accepted in her rebuilt world. Ange is Hilda's Prince <3

Ange taking off her panties and stuffing them in Tusk's pants as a good luck charm for him, resulting in her going commando.

Embryo-sama's body lives in quantum space, and the only way to kill him is by destroying his true body in there.

The people turning on the royalty in the absence of mana.

Bitchy Ange calling Alektra out on her shit then slapping her. She then puts on her ring and goes out to fight. Fuck yeah!

Thousands of innocents crushed to death.

Ange shooting those fuckers before they could stop being assholes. I legit had a huge fucking grin on my face when she shot that asshole.

Slyvia getting shit on and pissing herself, hahahahahaha. THE WHEELCHAIR WAS ALL A LIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!

How is this show so fucking good every week?

/XX/

Anime is for plebes, you should read The Voynich Hotel instead.
Just a perfect time to recommend it, prior to its end of publication next chapter...

>:-(

... this and the dammed MONTHLY IKKI shut-down and subsequent end of the magnificent nickelodeon (that should have continued) is going to left us with less Dowman Sayman running works than ever lately!

/XX/

Jex

[Cross Ange] 23

There was plenty of shoddy artwork this episode but I found this continuity error to be the most egregious:

In the first two shots we can see that the ship has clearly left the water and is flying, but then we cut to the shot of the hanger opening and mecha flying out and the ships back on the water again.

Obviously this is because they are re-using the animation they already created of the hanger opening when the ship was on the ocean and they just couldn't be bothered/didn't have time to re-animate the scene for when the ship was flying.

Baalzebup

[Cross Ange] 23

In the first two shots we can see that the ship has clearly left the water and is flying, but then we cut to the shot of the hanger opening and mecha flying out and the ships back on the water again.

Obviously this is because they are re-using the animation they already created of the hanger opening when the ship was on the ocean and they just couldn't be bothered/didn't have time to re-animate the scene for when the ship was flying.

Haha, this stuck to me as well. It was just so jarring to see the ship flying and the suddenly being back in the water. There was also Ange's wrecking of the fleet assets. Those were straight out lifted from the episode she destroyed Julio's fleet.

QUALITY being the norm here, this was actually a pretty fuckin good episode.
Jill got told off and got off her ass to actually do something. The granting of the ladys favor was hilarious and pretty bad ass in the sense that she really is going commando to the final battle ( also pretty much guarantees Tusk falling to her crotch after the battle is over). Hilda got some loving and Ange-harem has now an actual chance to manifest. The bit with Sylvia and the human rabble was so good. Ange really is best girl.

It was kinda silly that that Ange suddenly stopped using Vilkiss' Red mode and thus didn't just wreck the opposing Ragna-Mails in a flash, but rule of drama rules all.

Theonik

[Cross Ange] 23

There was plenty of shoddy artwork this episode but I found this continuity error to be the most egregious:

Or maybe their had to re-do the shots for whatever reason and didn't have time to re-do the other scene.

Averon

Cross Ange 23

Man, I love when Ange is in bitch mode. Even after everything, she still given no fucks. Popped a head shot without a second thought. Her telling off Sylvia and Jill was much needed and a long time coming for those two.

Dave1988

Cross Ange 23

How can one show be so BASED? :D

It's amazing how this show went from "meh, can't be bothered" to "I can't wait for the next ep" for me. Cross Ange is so bad, it's actually good lol

Jex

I can only imagine that Corvo is going to be positively horrified after reading these Cross Ange impressions, especially those that are actually positive.

cajunator

Banned
Chitoge is worst girl. WORST.

Gorilla sucks.

I hope I don't get blasted for this post as I know there are countless recommendation threads and blogs about anime all over the place. This seems like an active OT so I figured there would be some good opinion here.

So to my question, I'm a complete anime newbie. I've always wanted to check out some anime but the amount of content out there has always been pretty overwhelming to me. I've watched about 1/3 of Cowboy Bebop, which is pretty much the full extent of my anime viewing history.

I downloaded the Crunchyroll app on my PS4 and found there is a ton of content available on there. Are there any new/currently running shows on Crunchyroll that are good and would be recommended viewing for a complete anime newbie?

Welcome!
Its never looked down upon to ask for recommendations. Now the quality of recommendations is up for debate and sometimes you might get trolled but heres some good shows recently:

Shin Sekai Yori
Fate Zero
Madoka Magica
Space Brothers
Tsuritama
Steins Gate

I'd imagine scifi/space/action shows would be more up my alley. I'm sure there is great stuff out there in other genres as well though.

Space Brothers is more realistic sci fi space travel. This genre has been better served in the past with shows like Nadesico and Vandread and Irresponsible Captain Tylor in the 90s so perhaps search those out.

So many Cross Ange impressions, so few Rolling Girls impressions :(

I think most people, myself included dropped it a while ago since it got pretty boring after the first two episodes and the characters it started to follow weren't as cool as Maccha Green and the evil lady.

I picked up Junketsu no Maria after that and honestly that show is better then Rolling Girls and under-repped here.

I think most people, myself included dropped it a while ago since it got pretty boring after the first two episodes and the characters it started to follow weren't as cool as Maccha Green and the evil lady.

I picked up Junketsu no Maria after that and honestly that show is better then Rolling Girls and under-repped here.
That show annoyed me after an ok start. Is it still about anime pacifism?

Averon

Rolling Girls started out great. A pair of gangs led by two super powered girls with a Sentai/Kamen rider theme going on? Who wouldn't want to see that? Then, the show immediately turned gears towards a boring road trip with none of the flash and/or excitement the first two episodes had.

I still watch the show, but it is true that it is very boring compared to how it started. I can see why many would drop it after getting excited and engaged with the first two episodes, or stop talking about it even if they still watch it because there's nothing much to tell.

Serious

Rolling Girls started out great. A pair of gangs led by two super powered girls with a Sentai/Kamen rider theme going on? Who wouldn't want to see that? Then, the show immediately turned gears towards a boring road trip with none of the flash and/or excitement the first two episodes had.

I still watch the show, but it is true that it is very boring compared to how it started. I can see why many would drop it after getting excited and engaged with the first two episodes, or stop talking about it even if they still watch it because there's nothing much to tell.

Meanwhile, I thought the first two episodes were pretty fun, but could tell it was a show I'd get tired of halfway through. It reminded me heavily of Yozakura Quartet, which had some great action, but could not get me invested in the reasons for that action at all, and eventually became a show I only finished out of obligation. I've enjoyed the slower road trip, coming of age approach Rolling Girls has taken since then, and it has gone from a show I was heavily considering dropping to one of my favorites this season.

Moaradin

Meanwhile, I just watched Yozakura Quartet shortly after Rolling Girls and found it much better! The action definitely keeps me entertained, but the most important difference from Rolling Girls is that the characters aren't boring. Rolling Girls is 10 episodes in and I still can't think of very many interesting traits the main characters have. They have very little chemistry with each other which is something Yozakura Quartet handles way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom