• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
What's the vote limit? 10?

A post for it seems like something fun to work on this week.

15 maximum.

General OSTs or just 2014 OSTs?

All time.

Oh yea some additional information:

There will be a Best Composer voting subsection that I will limit to three votes per person (mostly because I'm lazy) and a Best Song with the same restriction.

Edit:I'll explain this in the thread OP later but a big point of Best Song is for people who want to highlight OPs and ED.

Kinjo

Neo Member
Sorry , what is the point of this show without the drama ?
It's certainly not romance , or any kind of education.
There are references of anime and games left and right but they are underused .
So ....???

Idk, I like pointless shows so if that one just stayed as it was it would've been perfectly right for me. I also like drama if it's well used, but here it was just unnecessary and made the last two episodes become pretty boring.
Needs more comedy and more Megumi.

phaze

15 maximum.

All time.

Oh yea some additional information:

There will be a Best Composer voting subsection that I will limit to three votes per person (mostly because I'm lazy) and a Best Song with the same restriction.
Would that include OP's and ED's ?

Ed: Ah I see your edit.

Strike Witches S2 03

Boring ass typical training episode with Witches trying to ride actual brooms.

I almost managed to forget what kind of show this was but here, the lewd came back in full force. -_-

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Well
Blumenkranz is pretty good

Honestly I would be surprised if Bebop didn't win

That is one of the best and my other favorite is the one in Ping Pong where Peco is deciding with the old lady whether he should face smile and after the flashback some really good triumphant music plays.

votoms ost is too good for neogaf plebs

Do we get to recommend titles?

Edit:

Silly me, this is OST's, not thread making lol

Jarmel

Banned
Would that include OP's and ED's ?

Yea this is something I've been going back and forth on. I would generally say no unless it's used in a episode as a lead-in, lead-out, or insert type of thing. Obviously I can't exclude someone considering it but if there is a song you really want to highlight, I would just put it in the Best Song subsection.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I like the entire Ping Pong OST.

uMW3dcp.png
mah man yet again
L8w3dJx.png

Idk, I like pointless shows so if that one just stayed as it was it would've been perfectly right for me. I also like drama if it's well used, but here it was just unnecessary and made the last two episodes become pretty boring.
Needs more comedy and more Megumi.

I totally agree with you and that's why i dropped this show.

Tuck

Little Witch Academia
That was awesome! Amazing animation, and some really good action. Loved the story though it was a bit cliche in some regards. Can't wait for the sequel.

I'd love for a full series on this.

Parasyte -the maxim- 11:
The show has definitely been getting much more gruesome in the last couple of episodes. At the very least, the scenes of crazy violence can distract us from the harem antics and the female characters competing over who wants Shinichi's dick more.

Thankfully, the plot seems to be picking up with some more long term intrigue, especially with
the parasite running for mayor and his group of people testing out their abilities against armed forces. With people starting to become more aware of parasites, this should lead to some big things happening in the future.

sonicmj1

Sorry this isn't anime, but it's basically why I'm nearly a full arc behind on the VOTOMS watch, which I feel pretty bad about.

The Wire Season 1

Shows like this make me wonder what I've been doing watching anime. It just does so many things right that everything else does wrong.

Every character, from top to bottom, is a living, textured human being that develops over the course of the show in response to the things that have happened. Every action is grounded in real police procedure and the real drug trade. The script treats the viewer like they're an adult that can actually see the things being shown on the screen in front of them. The show tackles thematically rich, complicated issues that the world actually faces, and it doesn't succumb to the temptation to produce cheap answers to make the viewer feel all warm and fuzzy about the justice of the world. It's something I can take knowledge from and leave knowing more about the world as it is.

Now, some of that comes from the emotional nuance you can get from talented professional actors that is almost impossible to replicate in animation, and some of that comes from producing thirteen hours of television in one-hour chunks, as opposed to the four-and-a-half hours you'd get from an anime series running in a half-hour slot with commercials. And maybe some of that is because this is the best of the best of American television. But it's still so much more consistently interesting and powerful than anything else I've watched anywhere that it's hard to save time for other things.

How did I never come here or post anything? Wow, kinda late in the game with the season being done in a few days, but better late than never? This was a great season, for my favourites, Shigatsu was Kimi gets my vote for the 2-cour shows, while Death Parade takes the prize for the 1-cour. Granted things can change with these next few weeks until Spring starts :p

I really need to watch The Wire, the last TV show I marathoned was Twin Peaks. I don't do good with hour long episodes ):

I think if I had someone to watch it with it would be way easier.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
sass2.png

Prison School anime PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4AU-9D2pag

oh lol, Prison School site keywords include:

巨乳 - huge breasts

http://prison-anime.com/

sass1.png

I started reading this recently, the artwork sure is something lol. THAT aside, the artist seems to put a lot of detail into his drawings, it's pretty cool that it's getting its own anime I can see this being hilarious.

Dude, you have to read The Devil's Blues. This mangaka transcends art itself and makes masterpieces.

Dude, you have to read The Devil's Blues. This mangaka transcends art itself and makes masterpieces.

I'm not as "literate" in Manga as I am in Anime, but from everything that I have read, although the story is pure hilarity (it legit made me laugh out loud, that's a feat in my eyes), the artwork is just so involved and rich. Sometimes I wonder how long it takes him to draw a single page of his... I'll have to check your recommendation.

Seven deadly Sins - 22

And everything was put in order because someone said "hey guys , man the fuck up !"

Goddamn this show gave me 3 big fights in one episode , all of them nicely animated when a regular shonen show would have taken an episode each.

The friendship in this show is exactly what i seek while watching anime, sincere yet powerfull and not that great to be thought as asspull .

Yet another excellent episode.
Definitely feel like the Great Finale of an ARC

You're just a girl who is big
^^Yeah right ^^

KanameYuuki

I've been watching so many comedies lately that I forgot how it was to watch an anime with an actual story, chapter 3 of Jojo and I'm loving it so far.

And any South American Gaffer here? I wanted to know if I should watch Saint Seiya Hades on Japanese or Spanish, Saint Seiya always used to have an amazing dub.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm not as "literate" in Manga as I am in Anime, but from everything that I have read, although the story is pure hilarity (it legit made me laugh out loud, that's a feat in my eyes), the artwork is just so involved and rich. Sometimes I wonder how long it takes him to draw a single page of his... I'll have to check your recommendation.

You're gonna fucking lose it then with this one. Its full blown serious and the art is even better than prison school, obviously though it has less waifus.

Seiken Tsukai no world Break - 10

LOL

I thought tatsuya from Mahouka was overpowered , i Still think he is , but now the ranking must be updated.

Haimura Moroha

Behold guys , the new face of the Overpowered , the author doesn't know where the breaks are on this train because there is no weakness in sight.

Seiken%20Tsukai%20no%20World%20Break%20-%2010.jpg

How many women did he just pull to his side during his episode ? The harem is certainly not that far !

I don't know How the heck the writter is going to compensate after this arc , lol ..

He just went to war , against a fellow level 7 , didn't kill anyone , recruited god how many people along the way , went for a head on showdown , and crushed his ennemy to the point that she was pleading to serve him out of fear !

And during the fight just to push the moral compass in the right direction ( as if it wasn't already there to begin with ) He managed to bring every human ennemy in front of him to his cause !
How do you top this shit ??
Seiken%20Tsukai%20no%20World%20Break%20-%2010_02.jpg

Lol @ this scene, She lost every subordinate, in less than a hour
Oh you have a 13th element rank spell ? too bad i just remembered mine too and it's stronger !!

At this point the only reason why he isn't ranked higher in my "overpowered" list is because he can still take damage , unline tatsuya "oni-san" that choose if he must take damage or not.

The power scale in this show , i'm legit scare of what he will remember next..
he freaking crushed a lighting dragon by snapping his fingers. He destroyed a lightning giant as if this was some solid entity when it's not. WTF

World Break 10
I didn't expect them to resolve the last episode's cliffhanger immediately. Then he goes to fight the Lightning empress and he's insistence on not letting anyone die almost causes him to die but then his harem shows up and they stop the brainwashing on his foes so they turn. Then she pulls a trump, to which the MC uses his Deus Ex Machina memories to obliterate that trump with a flooding water serpent thing that I guess is made of pure water or else everyone would have been fried. So he gets to the empress to submit and I guess stop brainwashing the saviors and probably adds to his harem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom