• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're gonna fucking lose it then with this one. Its full blown serious and the art is even better than prison school, obviously though it has less waifus.
Although waifus are awesome, they have their time and place :p I can do without them just fine, specially if there's a strong plot and art to go with it, and from what you are saying this one has them both.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shirobako Episode 1

Ah, I love my seinen in my shows. Hopefully some slice of life can be seen there, it just feels overwhelming seeing how much work goes into animation.

Although waifus are awesome, they have their time and place :p I can do without them just fine, specially if there's a strong plot and art to go with it, and from what you are saying this one has them both.

I haven't read it personally but I have seen the art for it and man is it breath taking at times.

PK Gaming

Gourmet Girl Graffiti 10

STpr7Cj.png

Seiken Tsukai no world Break - 10

LOL

I thought tatsuya from Mahouka was overpowered , i Still think he is , but now the ranking must be updated.

Haimura Moroha

Behold guys , the new face of the Overpowered , the author doesn't know where the breaks are on this train because there is no weakness in sight.

I don't know How the heck the writter is going to compensate after this arc , lol ..

He just went to war , against a fellow level 7 , didn't kill anyone , recruited god how many people along the way , went for a head on showdown , and crushed his ennemy to the point that she was pleading to serve him out of fear !

And during the fight just to push the moral compass in the right direction ( as if it wasn't already there to begin with ) He managed to bring every human ennemy in front of him to his cause !
How do you top this shit ??

Oh you have a 13th element rank spell ? too bad i just remembered mine too and it's stronger !!

At this point the only reason why he isn't ranked higher in my "overpowered" list is because he can still take damage , unline tatsuya "oni-san" that choose if he must take damage or not.

The power scale in this show , i'm legit scare of what he will remember next..
he freaking crushed a lighting dragon by snapping his fingers. He destroyed a lightning giant as if this was some solid entity when it's not. WTF

this motherfucker is out-gary stu'ing onii-sama. Is that like a thing you can say without getting struck by lightning?

Unlimited Fafnir - 10

I have to admit that the plan was better than the military. Using the line of horizon a&nd the moutain was indeed a good idea.
but how do you make a sneak attack when The dragon can detect and pinpoint where the girls are regardless of their position on earth ?

Too bad nobody thought of that.

So , according to the rule of this show dark matter energy can be shared across users .. that's convenient. why do you guys didn't use this hability before in the show then ???

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shirobako Episode 2

That ending was beyond comprehension lol. This anime is actually pretty good but some people may not like it since its lacking direction in terms of the overall plot of the show.

this motherfucker is out-gary stu'ing onii-sama. Is that like a thing you can say without getting struck by lightning?

Admiral Woofington watches animu? Mah man.

Shirobako Episode 1

Ah, I love my seinen in my shows. Hopefully some slice of life can be seen there, it just feels overwhelming seeing how much work goes into animation.

I haven't read it personally but I have seen the art for it and man is it breath taking at times.

I marathoned through 20 something episodes of Shirobako in 2 days. I don't know how I totally missed the show, it's so good. The way it's laid out is kinda like the perfect mesh of an "a day in the life of..." with a documentary, and a comedy show. Really good stuff!

No , he is still far away from oni-sama.
As a reader of mahouka , i can tell you that oni-sama has things you wouldn't believe even if i told you.

Oni-sama is still higher but moroha is climbing the rankings at a speed unlike any protagonist of LN i've seen in years.

No , he is still far away from oni-sama.
As a reader of mahouka , i can tell you that oni-sama has things you wouldn't believe even if i told you.

Oni-sama is still higher but moroha is climbing the rankings at a speed unlike any protagonist of LN i've seen in years.

Oh man I WANNA BELIEVE!

But I guess I'll never get a sequel to onii-sama.

edit: also unrelated but Agents of Shield just had this dramatic scene where for like 3 minutes straight it just changed to zoomed in reaction faces of the team like nodding to each other and it kept doing it over and over again and I burst out laughing. This show might entertain me in different ways.

Cross Ange 23

Even without Mana, most humans are still dicks to Norma. I guess you can't unlearn how to be a colossal taint when it's in your DNA.

Aizo

Banned
Is there somewhere I can get all the stills from the endings of of Rose of Versailles episodes? I love them.

oh i remember that ..all of this is true.

Would you believe me if i told you that
tatsuya can see the past ? He can arrive after some events , recontruct the place and watch as if he was there.

and under some conditions , he and miyuki can
cut across dimensions if they work together.

oh my god who do I need to give money to so this makes it to anime form? This is hilarious.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shirobako Episode 3

Gotta end my marathon here, early morning for programming tomorrow lol. The show really grew on me and you can really relate to the heroine in terms of how busy a work day can be sometimes. Other than that, I'm gonna chug through this again tomorrow night!

I marathoned through 20 something episodes of Shirobako in 2 days. I don't know how I totally missed the show, it's so good. The way it's laid out is kinda like the perfect mesh of an "a day in the life of..." with a documentary, and a comedy show. Really good stuff!

I get the same exact feeling! I'm loving this surreal comedy anime.

Sterok

Koufuku Graffiti 10

Time for pizza girl's time to shine. Ah, the shy type. One not fond of belly dancing. Kirin continues to demonstrate supreme balance. Only pizza for three weeks? I like pizza, but that's a bit much. Pizza and wings. Now here's a meal I can empathize with. Yuuki may have a bright future ahead of her after all.

Cross Ange 23

Not much to say this episode. Just setting things up for the finale.
Pity Ersha isn't getting in on the action. The Aurora suddenly gets a whole bunch of weapons. The Sylvia stuff was lolworthy as usual. And now she can easily walk after years of not walking. Regular humans are still dicks. Jill trying to redeem herself. Maybe she and Salia can both die together. Would be better than Rosalie and Chris dying together.

Go Princess Precure 7

Now we're talking.
The new movie is looking surprisingly good. Probably no side characters to steal the spotlight this time. Tennis is a princessy sport. Why is that? Birds make for excellent balls. Yuuki does have justification to be annoyed at his partner being incompetent at the sport she chose. The good old days of kindergarten. One of these two grew up. Yuuki is concerned about doing well. Haruka wants to stick it to him. Shamour returns, this time with her human form. Not much fuss about that this time. Kirara is good at making people swoon. Minami is just good at everything. Tennis is off to a good start. Then not so much. So much for momentum. Those two should get along just fine.

Good episode, and it's one of those that I think didn't really need the Precure stuff to be solid.

Warnerr?

David Pro is the likely candidate then?

No, not particularly. Warner has worked most often with JC Staff actually, though they've worked with other studios such as Silver Link and XEBEC as well. I don't think any studio determinations can be made from the fact that Warner is producing this.

Bueno, transparencies.

img03tgxju.png
img053bb28.png
img04tpyrr.png

Man I don't know why but the character designs remind me of Persona 4 Anime designs.

Seiji Kishi confirmed for Director, lol.😑

Also goddamit Kiyoshi you look too much like Makoto the Persona 3 MC.

Please don't be censored to living hell, yeah I know it's gonna happen.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Attack on Titan 25 END

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol WHAT AN OPENING I'M DYING

yeah he's totally in control, just killing tons of bystanders

wait how is the whole city destroyed and on fire? they haven't done that much damage, lol

at least their big fight is awesome

actually this pretty sick

oh wow Erin's English VA having a brief moment of non-shittiness.

yo that ending though

Fk5GKRi.png

But okay, overall impressions. Well, this was. Okay. It's such a strange dichotomy of awesome and shit. There's some really great moments and animeation one episode and then slidehsows and boring as exposition and pacing issues. Shitty dub, though with a few good actors. Erin's dub actor in particular is a grating son of a bitch and perfectly exemplifies the angsty, grimdark teenager shonen nature this show is. Make no mistake, the show is decent, and the ending and beginnings are good, but there's undercurrent of trite edginess through out.

Haikyuu! 23:
That was intense. The direction, the music, and the pacing of the episode were all incredible, and they kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the match. There were a lot of quick cuts and effective ways of ramping up the tension of a small number of points. What was especially effective for me was
the recurring imagery of the hand reaching out trying to grab the jersey of the player ahead of them
. That really did a good job at underlining the feeling of the whole episode. This was one of those episodes where it kept feeling like an episode's worth of stuff had happened, but I wasn't even halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom