• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at what you've done AnimeGAF!

DR86Ej2.gif

Baalzebup

Why not watch a good mecha anime instead? Like TTGL? Or G Gundam? Or GaoGaiGar? Or Shin Mazinger Z? Or Gundam Build Fighters? Or Gunbuster?

Because all of those are missing a critical component. Ange the Bitch, who is the shining star of all female characters everywhere. Also, best maid and Hilda too.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 7

Pretty interesting museum deck, but that has to be one difficult deck to use. Probably better at 8000LP limits rather than a 4000 one since Yusei had to lose so much just to get withing the winning range.

Battle music was nice, took a few episodes to get going but 5D's is just as good as the manga, will definitely try to catch it daily for now on.

When will american history get a chance in Yugioh anime, pre-Incan, Alexander the Great era had their times, America deserves it next.

What's life without junk food?

The anime has to be enjoyably bad for it to be junk food. Example: Code Geass R2.

Cross Ange from my understanding by looking at many screencaps here and there is not junk food, but a poison! It throws offensive imagery after offensive imagery at you until your inner subconscious is horribly mangled and you end up enjoying it!

YOU'VE ALL BEEN INFECTED!

I'd rather rewatch Valvrave.

Oh, you just reminded me I should finish that...sometime

The anime has to be enjoyably bad for it to be junk food. Example: Code Geass R2.

Cross Ange from my understanding by looking at many screencaps here and there is not junk food, but a poison! It throws offensive imagery after offensive imagery at you until your inner subconscious is horribly mangled and you end up enjoying it!

Cross Ange is great and Geass R2 is even better. You all can't handle entertainment in it's purest form!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm afraid of asking if an anime is good ever again... ;_;

Gonna watch some Yowamusha no Pedal to wash away the angst in this thread about Ange lol

Baalzebup

See, the problem with this view is that it ignores the second half of the equation that brings balance to the Force.

For one, for all the trashy stuff it keeps throwing around, there are some really outstanding female characters in the show, including the MC. Ange's character arc is good, perioid. This is a comparison where Valvrave, for example, just loses flat out. If I never see another Haruto in anime, I'll count myself lucky. All the Sakis can make up for only so much Haruto, and fuck if there isn't enough Haruto to go for days on end.

Actually, based on this alone, I'd rather watch Cross Ange thrice over rather than re-watch Valvrave even once.

Princess Tutu 5:
Well, that ending was pretty ominous. It seems like despite what Ahiru has been doing, things aren't necessarily all going to be for the best. I suppose that was to be expected, but it still seems quite sad. For every positive emotion that you can have, I guess there are also bad things that can come along with it. It also seems like more of the characters are getting on the same page, in terms of who knows what about everyone else.

I would watch a show that was 22 minutes of close ups of Rue's eyes, by the way.

Canon

Banned
I need a new animu to watch. I like the following on crunchyroll:

Shirobako
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love
Fate Staynight / Zero
Naruto and Rock Lee's Ninja Pals
Fairy Tale
Wolf Girl and Black Prince (lol I don't know why)
That one with the mermans living in the bathtub

Serious

"I haven't actually seen the show, but I looked at screenshots, which is obviously is the exact same thing."

Actual answer though, Cross Ange is enjoyable but flawed. Strong first half, second has been a weak follow up. The show took too much time trying to force a certain character, and it never quite worked, resulting in a couple bad episodes here and there and the intermission arc lasting too long, killing the show's flow. The show has some surprisingly decent character work, but it kind of gets undermined by some bizarre writing decisions. Lots of QUALITY. Ange is a fun character. If one is the type to genuinely worry about something like "offensive imagery" or even get offended in the first place, probably shouldn't bother.

Shirobako
Fate Staynight / Zero
Fairy Tale

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Madoka Magica

Both are on Crunchyroll, and both are great shows.

Don't listen to anybody that says Cross Ange.

Shirobako
Fate Staynight / Zero
Fairy Tale

Have you watched Gintama? If not watch it, there's even the new season coming up. You can skip the first 2 episodes though, they're a bad filler special

I must be the only person here that actually liked Code Geass because I thought it was legitimately a great show. Well looking at MAL score I am not alone in the world with this view lol. Cross Ange in the other hand is good because it's so over the top with its plot twists and fanservice. It has also legimitely good character development with Ange though so it's not all around trashy show.

Dead

well not really...yet
Watching the new Hnter x Hunter and am surprised they aren't taking the FMAB route by rushing through stuff covered in the original show. Good on Madhouse.

Makin me feel old though as I read these volumes of the manga like 13+ years ago if not more :/

Cornbread78

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Madoka Magica

Both are on Crunchyroll, and both are great shows.

Don't listen to anybody that says Cross Ange.

Lol, I might just have to skip some from my list and check Cross Ange out, it's such a lightning rod in here, lol. I can claim ignorance since I'm just getting into this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom