• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

I feel like half the people posting are total strangers.

It's almost like new people are joining and posting in these community threads....

Hi, I'm relatively new to Anime-GAF and GAF in general. Pleased to meet you. Cornbread78 jumped in like a week ago or something, due to accidental exposure to SAO :p

Got it, almost 300 episodes, damn..

No, that was obvious trolling. Gintama is one series, Cross Ange is another. They have next to nothing in common beside being anime and featuring human beings.

C'mon guys, don't be mean to people who are new to animu.

I'm watching Gintama now, in the 60s. The first two episodes suck and you can probably just skip them. It starts getting good in the 20s and gets really good after that.

And Cross Ange and Gintama are not the same thing.

Yep first two episodes are shitty filler (Although most filler in Gintama is actually really good). And yeah, it does take a bit of time to ramp up and establish it's characters, but once it does it's amazing. Also protip - don't skip the opening songs. Not just because they're great, but because if you keep watching the openings you'll eventually get to see an amazing gag

Narag

It's getting to that point where I stop recognizing people in this thread.

There's an influx of new faces lately. Where's the cull when you need one?
Dammit, trolled bad....

So, Cross Ange, it's not on Crunchy, so is there another free way to snoop in on it, lol

It is but if you're using a device and not the site to look for it, you may need to disable the mature product filter to find it.

Also if you think Gintama is a huge time investment, just be glad I didn't recommend you One Piece (I love One Piece, but it's long as fuck and I get why it could intimidate people. Plus the manga is way better anyways)

Cornbread78

There's an influx of new faces lately. Where's the cull when you need one?

It is but if you're using a device and not the site to look for it, you may need to disable the mature product filter to find it.

Oh, it's one of those then... I'll have to play with the settings and figure it out, but I guess I can't even check it out on my Kindle while I work then, huh..?

Absolute duo - 10

Thank god i 'll watch ep 11 right after this , because as of now , miyabi has gone full yandere and need to a punch in the face , like what happens in toaru majutsu no index.

I mean seriously NO amount of self deprecating can make you do something this stupid.

Don't get me started that vial of power with the MC.. he didn't take it , but he kept it ?? So what ? you're going to use it according to the situation ? Can i hope that it won't be used as a deus ex machina device to turn the tables upside down during the next fight ?

because that would be boring and predictable .

As for the absolute duo concept , we had some exposition on the concept yet this posed more questions than it gave answers ...not to mention how the MC just spouted some generic lines about "what to believe in "

LOL.

So as of now , useless girl , is no longer useless .. Your new name is now " stupid girl"

Quasar

Absolute duo - 10

Thank god i 'll watch ep 11 right after this , because as of now , miyabi has gone full yandere and need to a punch in the face , like what happens in toaru majutsu no index.

I mean seriously NO amount of self deprecating can make you do something this stupid.

Don't get me started that vial of power with the MC.. he didn't take it , but he kept it ?? So what ? you're going to use it according to the situation ? Can i hope that it won't be used as a deus ex machina device to turn the tables upside down during the next fight ?

because that would be boring and predictable .

As for the absolute duo concept , we had some exposition on the concept yet this posed more questions than it gave answers ...not to mention how the MC just spouted some generic lines about "what to believe in "

LOL.

I do kind of wonder why its gone off book like this. I guess so they can wrap it up in a season.

Idolmaster Xenoglossia 15

jEpyYSGl.jpg

When Haruka finds that Imber has been taking stalker pictures of her she thanks him. Dressing as maids also proves effective against robots. Jealousy seems to be the next theme. Honestly I'd prefer Chihaya as my pilot as well.

Cornbread78

This community kills me, lol.

Sorry for asking so many questions, I know most of you guys hated SAO, but I really liked it aND it brought me here. I wish there were more stories out there like it with action, humor, romance and raw emotion built into it..

Looking forward to getting more opinions from the "insiders" lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Sorry for asking so many questions, I know most of you guys hated SAO, but I really liked it aND it brought me here. I wish there were more stories out there like it with action, humor, romance and raw emotion built into it..

I only liked the cat girl as a character cause she was a sniper in gungale. Asuna can go in a ditch.

Quasar

Well not everyone is so negative. And certainly I try to be more positive, talking about things I like rather than being part of the hate brigade.

As for SAO, I liked it mostly (both the anime and the books). I like Log Horizon more...but its more talky and less action oriented for the most part. Which lines up with my tastes generally (which is why I tend to avoid the shonen fighting shows).

Idolmaster Xenoglossia 16

Shock and awe, Haruka
actually became an idol.
The jealousy seems to be spreading to Yukiho. Who is Haruka to get everything right in her life? OP changed for the better which is surprising when I usually like the first OPs in anime. ED didn't change at all which is pretty disappointing.

Do not worry about it. i've liked SAO , even if i understand certain complains about the anime. But some of those complain snowballed into something trully ridiculous.

In fact i'm sure that this community actually love SAO so much , they became tsundere since they watched the second season. The more hate , the more they love it deep down.

I do kind of wonder why its gone off book like this. I guess so they can wrap it up in a season.

It's trully ridiculous. Well then Ep 11 , then

jbug617

Banned

You should watch Accel World (same author of SAO) and Mahouka.

qcf x2

Haven't posted here in like a year

Hunter x Hunter 01 - 136

Where has this show been all my life? That arc was beautiful. I am unsold on Gon, but I think that's by design. YuYu Hakusho was probably my favorite pure shounen, but this trumps it. Meruem > all.
Good night, Siddhartha

Cross Ange 01 -23

First I was like "worst show ever," ...then I kept watching. And I said "yep."

But then something happened. I kept watching, and it kind of became awesome. The awesome climaxed in ep 22 (teehee), but I'm hoping for a shocking ending a la Geass. It's actually my AOTY so far*. It's simultaneously horrible and awesome, and I appreciate that.

*also my vote for worst show of the year

Cornbread78 said:

You're getting trolled a bit, but these are sincerely* enjoyable, full of action and still entry level (all on Crunchyoll):

Hunter x Hunter
Cross Ange
Fate Zero
Gurren Lagann
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

*except for Ange, which is enjoyably unbearable. It's terrigood.

Absolute duo - 11

Pfiou... man did that episode went in some directions.
Useless girl , oh sorry ( bad habit ) .. i mean stupid girl went into the absolute stupid territory.
They say love make you stupid , yes .. but even that is not enough to salvage this character.

Absolute%20Duo%20-%2011.jpg

Even your partner doesn't believe what is happenning

Let me just state the facts , stupid girl , felt powerless , despite being in a Level 3 duo ( highest of her promotion ) , i don't blame her , since she was useless... but she trainned, she trained hard because she was in love.
wait what ? No ..she didn't train because of love , she trained by herself in order to not feel useless , that was stated 3 times before. She realised she was in love much later ( she was already training like crazy )

So she confess , get rejected , fail to see the trauma in the boy she loves, took it personnaly and went to the ennemy in order to be stronger ?

WTF

i'm sorry but no , that's stupid.THAT's STUPID.
You do not reject everything you are , including your friends , (yourself ) , because you got rejected in your confession , even if i accept that her actions in this episode were influenced by the the mind controller gem , it still doesn't work ... who messed up the time line ???

Damn that slap was satisfying , she deserved it . Touma from index does it better , but i'll settle with this.

As for the MC , that vial was indeed a win button, predictable but ok . Less than a week hapenned since the event of the island and they already are at a level where the bad guy need to call of reinforcement and use cheap tactics ?? Even if i assume they spent that week training and do sparring matches , That feel cheap as hell.

And don't get me started on that ending, sigh *

Absolute duo is not a bad show but damn if it didn't lose a lot of coherence in this episode. The only good thing is if Stupid girl doesn't go back to useless girl and become "usefull girl" instead , not getting my hopes up.

Cornbread78

You should watch Accel World (same author of SAO) and Mahouka.

If they are on Crunchyroll, I'll do that when I'm done with Gurren Lagann.

Do not worry about it. i've liked SAO , even if i understand certain complains about the anime. But some of those complain snowballed into something trully ridiculous.

In fact i'm sure that this community actually love SAO so much , they became tsundere since they watched the second season. The more hate , the more they love it deep down.

Lol, I'm not worried about it, I'm too new to know the difference between what is good and bad in anime.

I'm looking forward to digging through the massive library of everyone's recommendations. Hopefully, I can find another story that resonates with me like parts of SAO did, lol.

Quasar

Lol, I'm not worried about it, I'm too new to know the difference between what is good and bad in anime.

Well, what matters is that you like what you're watching rather than some silly theoretical notion of goodness or badness.

No point sitting through some boring piece of shit just because a subset of people think its 'great' anime.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well, what matters is that you like what you're watching rather than some silly theoretical notion of goodness or badness.

No point sitting through some boring piece of shit just because a subset of people thing its 'great' anime.

brb letting the past 4 millennia know that good art doesn't exist after all, they've been wasting their time all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom