• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Gurren Legann:
Episodes 17-19:

Like, WTF? I mean, seriously, WTF.... The twists... Now I'm pissed.... Go screw yourself Rossiu, like seriously.. I cant get pissed when I;m trying to work with clients all day... this is gonna be a bad day.

e_i

Today's the day!

9Q6OFYx.jpg

javac

Rossiu was the only character in the whole of Lagann that I actually 'liked', the rest of the crew I wanted to punch in the face. As for the OST, I actually preferred KLK but it's not that great either.

Parasyte 11 & 12

Well I will miss KENN's character, perhaps though this at least means he will be out of harms way for the rest of the series. Was one of the few characters (Mitsuo) that I was looking forward to in many of these sometimes bland episodes.

Didnt shed nary a tear, characters are warned continuously and like Migi expected it was bound to happen.

Cornbread78

Rossiu was the only character in the whole of Lagann that I actually 'liked', the rest of the crew I wanted to punch in the face. As for the OST, I actually preferred KLK but it's not that great either.

Even when he lived in a hole he was a douche and nothing changes in the second part of the series, he is even worse now...

Gurren Legann:
Episodes 17-19:

Like, WTF? I mean, seriously, WTF.... The twists... Now I'm pissed.... Go screw yourself Rossiu, like seriously.. I cant get pissed when I;m trying to work with clients all day... this is gonna be a bad day.

I'm on team #FuckRossiu.

I despised Rossiu on my first viewing too. But the thing about that is, while I didn't like him, I really enjoyed how they pulled his transformation off.

Like, the guy is becoming everything he said he wouldn't become, if you remember what happened in episode 5. And he's fully aware of it and it's freaking him out.

And the way all of that gets resolved....well I won't spoil it, but let's just say that opinions are certainly split about it while I really enjoyed it.

TTGL's 2nd part has two basic problems. First is the pacing. Second is that Genome>>>Anti-Spiral.

I'd say LordGenome is only slightly better than the Anti-Spiral, if only for him being the more human villain given what he did.

I really liked the Anti-Spiral for
being that big mysterious final boss like entity that you never really got to know better until much later in the show. Yeah, it's pretty much a JRPG kind of final boss when it comes to character, but the build-up to it along with its reveal is what really sold me on it. I personally found the pacing to be really good in that regard.

Tuck

Rossio was the victim of a major character assassination in the second half, but it did lead to some decent development on his part, though some of his actions were a bit unbelievable.

javac

I'm on team #FuckRossiu.
He's like the only character that is...normal. The only other character close enough to me is Kittan, but his sisters ruin his character by making him too much of a clown and thus ruin the show, but they are obviously far from the main problem. That's why I actually liked the
time skip
, but that's just me.

javac

Rossiu is the most despicable and evil character in the entirety of Gurren. It's such a shame
that Simon lets him off with no punishment.

I don't get it...I don't remember him doing anything bad :X Bah why do I even care! -_-

Rossiu is the most despicable and evil character in the entirety of Gurren. It's such a shame
that Simon lets him off with no punishment.

If Simon didn't forgive him then it would kind of go against his character as he is portrayed in that arc, IMO.

phaze

I don't get it...I don't remember him doing anything bad :X Bah why do I even care! -_-

If Simon didn't forgive him then it would kind of go against his character as he is portrayed in that arc, IMO.

Damned be character arcs that get in the way of sweet justice.

I don't even recall that much of GL either but I know for a fact
he dug holes under Simon long before the first anti-spiral appeared. And effecting a coup/ risking civil war in the face of grave threat and depriving yourself of your best pilot isn't a very logical thing to do.

The only thing Rossiu did wrong was live in a world where making rational and logical decisions are not the correct way of going about things.

He had like 7 episodes of tag along with TeamGurren to learn in what kind of world he lives in. If he failed to learn that then clearly he's not as smart as he thinks he is ! :p

Kantai Collection: KanColle episode 11

Hiroyuki Yoshino strike again, every time this writer show means something will went wrong.
Next episode will be either Fubuki's asspull or everyone sunks, can't believe Kancolle anime become this kind of lame show.

But whatever, since Arpeggio movie will theatrical release tomorrow in my city, it's going to watch it and heal my mind.

Cornbread78

Gurren Legann:
Episodes 19-26; END

Uggh, seriously, fu(k that ending.
Nia should have stayed with him "happily ever after"

I under stand the hole "Drill to the heavens theme," however, he needed to get his too, that's what the whole struggle was there for...

Great series though, now I have to figure out where to go next...

Ok and I came around on Rossiu too, you were right, it wasn't his fault....

Need to know the source material. Time to watch Vividred Operation.

Finally making a good decision after several Mikewatch beatings.

Ugh, memories of how disappointing that show was are coming back. >_<

That first episode promised me Magical Girl Mazinger Z with the symmetrical docking of GaoGaiGar!

It did not make good on that promise.

Gurren Legann:
Episodes 19-26; END

Uggh, seriously, fu(k that ending.
Nia should have stayed with him "happily ever after"

I under stand the hole "Drill to the heavens theme," however, he needed to get his too, that's what the whole struggle was there for...

Great series though, now I have to figure out where to go next...

Ok and I came around on Rossiu too, you were right, it wasn't his fault....

Glad you enjoyed it, and yeah, the a lot of people aren't fond of the ending. Honestly though, it didn't really bother me that much compared to how I'd usually feel about those kinds of endings. I think it was the way the whole thing was presented that really let me give it a pass.

Even so, it;s still my favorite anime of all time.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange #1:

I know like the others it will take a few episodes to get it, but did they just
mutilate her reproductive organs
right away when they took her away to that place... That is crazy insane off the charts in Stephen King stuff right away...

Midonin

KanColle 11

Even Yamato's seeing action - and lots of spotlights. The atmosphere was more tense than it's been in any other episode, and I'm actually looking forward to the finale. This has turned out to be my favorite "cute military" show since Strike Witches. Hoping it can stick the landing.

Testamant 11

Jabu-Jabu's Belly
is going to require some high-intensity magic to clear. Glad to see that
Maria's mom is okay
. Zolgia's days are numbered. And not just because we're near the end.

Cross Ange #1:

I know like the others it will take a few episodes to get it, but did they just
mutilate her reproductive organs
right away when they took her away to that place... That is crazy insane off the charts in Stephen King stuff right away...

See AnimeGAF?!? This is exactly what I was talking about!!

Everyone should be watching RGZ instead.

I still have to finish that show. I remember seeing a Gaiking girl in its OP.

Umm yeah, just finished the 2nd episode and watched
attempted girl on girl rape and a little girl being split into two
WTF is this show and why do so many of you watch it? #%$@$%#^

Was I right about her organs though?

You might want to turn away right now and watch something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom