• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I'm going to chose to be hyped for BBB. Not because I have any evidence or reasoning to support the idea that it's going to be a great show but because it's fun to believe in something.

Even if it's only an academic exercise.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters Try 23

It's astounding that while the first show is in the discussion of being one of the best products of the Gundam franchise that this show is in the discussion of being among the worst. Holy shit.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try 23

It's astounding that while the first show is in the discussion of being one of the best products of the Gundam franchise that this show is in the discussion of being among the worst. Holy shit.

It is nowhere near the worst but yea pretty big let down after season one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Parasyte Episode 23:

Dear Parasyte, go fuck yourself and the green Aesop you rode in on, thank you very much.

Mature

I'm going to chose to be hyped for BBB. Not because I have any evidence or reasoning to support the idea that it's going to be a great show but because it's fun to believe in something.

I dunno, seems like there's at least evidence in that the initial PVs look great and we know there's some great names in the mix. Like I keep saying, I think even if it ends up being incomprehensible on the actual story side, it'll be a spectacle to watch.

I haven't seen any of the real shitty Gundam products
besides Char's Counterattack
but I can't imagine Try is equally as bad as AGE, Seed Destiny or 00 S2/A Wakening of the Trailblazer

phaze

I will laugh when Bones pierrots it and none of the best cuts even make it into the episodes !

GTO 26
Scammer nurse gets scammed and learns how to enjoy life again through street race with Onizuka.

It really feels to me like the show lost some steam from the comparatively great 10-20 stretch of episodes. Maybe it's just the repetitiveness of the formula that is starting to get to me. And I really hope they will bring some of the characters back. Stalker math teacher was just the very best and it's hard to believe he has changed in his ways since I've last seen him . Blond girl is still there but became a background character

Strike Witches S2 4

Witches get a ME 262 and experience first hand problems with German WW2 engineering. Was pretty alright, the action especially continues to be a grade above the previous season.

Lucchini will never do anything of note, will she ? I thought her moment came when she strapped the jet Striker but nooooope.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
but I can't imagine Try is equally as bad as AGE, Seed Destiny or 00 S2/A Wakening of the Trailblazer

It isn't, it is just a pile of mediocrity that was half baked and rushed out the door.

Narag

AGE handled its characters much more capably than Try and nothing in 00 S2 comes close to Yuuma bullshitting his win over the Tryon 3.

Lucchini will never do anything of note, will she ? I thought her moment came when she strapped the jet Striker but nooooope.

IIRC she gets a character focused episode before long.

Preview of Shingeki no Kyojin Live Action Movie

Z7WJmXq.jpg

23DdhaH.jpg

WhUiG4w.jpg

I seriously hope this turns out to be a hilarious watch.

Trailer
http://youtu.be/i41ZKisDeoE

I think there's as much reason to believe Blood Blockade Battlefront will be good as there is for just about any unaired anime. Rie Matsumoto is a proven capable, creative, and talented director, she has a strong team of artists working under her, most of all Shinji Kimura, and the trailers have all looked quite nice. Nothing guarantees it being good until it finishes airing, but if you can't look forward to seeing it, then you can't look forward to any anime.

From my understanding, GBF TRY still has yet to do the one thing that truly defines a horrible sequel.

The retcon.

If GBF TRY retcons anything that happened in season 1 that people loved, then it will have earned its title of a horrible sequel.

If not, it's just a poorly made sequel, and nothing more.

Narag

From my understanding, GBF TRY still has yet to do the one thing that truly defines a horrible sequel.

The retcon.

If GBF TRY retcons anything that happened in season 1 that people loved, then it will have earned its title of a horrible sequel.

If not, it's just a poorly made sequel, and nothing more.

I'm pretty sure being an inept downgrade all around with an unlikable main cast whose greatest win involved an asspull over the best gunpla in the show for plot reasons places it firmly in the horrible category. Then there's the terrible shipping nonsense, nonstop boring fights, Yuuma being a fuckhead, and the best thing about the show (Meijin Kawaguchi III!!!) being lifted from the first show threatens to taint that one by association alone.

Then there's rapey mantis dude from the beginning

Much worse. Attack on Titan is almost stylish again because of the poor English. Without the "the" it also rolls of the tongue better.

Attack on the Titan meanwhile has still the wrong meaning while also sounding dull as fuck.

When this first started getting popular and without any familiarity with the property, that Engrish title had me wondering if it was some scifi stuff around Saturn instead of the shit we got.

Moaradin

I'm pretty sure being an inept downgrade all around with an unlikable main cast whose greatest win involved an asspull over the best gunpla in the show for plot reasons places it firmly in the horrible category. Then there's the terrible shipping nonsense, nonstop boring fights, Yuuma being a fuckhead, and the best thing about the show (Meijin Kawaguchi III!!!) being lifted from the first show threatens to taint that one by association alone.

Then there's rapey mantis dude from the beginning

Pretty sure the first show did plenty of that.

Gundam build fighters -try - 23

Wait , so the NOT FORCED AT ALL message that this episode tried to convey that even a begginner should want to build a gunpla ?

This should be the result of a great serie , not the message it tries to convey.

Anyway, can i hope that episode 24 & 25 will be awesome given the sheer amount of reused assets in this episode. I'm not talking about the flashbacks , but some scenes are reused in another context with only some minimal changes lol.

It's funny that many were liking that the celestial sphere previous fight that occured without ANY comment , only for us to see the comments in this episode.

And lol @ this cliffanger. Gunpla academy can only find so much disadvantages in order to make TRY fighters win ...
So adou wrist is near his limit ? How convenient.

I'm trying to not be disapointed.

lol @ shia resolve .. it freaking doesn't make sense. They are really making them rivals when each of their develloppement had been so poor ?

Midonin

More info on Jewelpet Magical Change, including the mascot cast in their human form, and the characters that are actual humans.

Notably, Aya Hirano's Garnet, a mainstay of the cast since the early days, has been demoted from main character status. Also, Ari Ozawa (Chiyo in Nozaki, Nozomi in Rolling Girls) is playing the main human girl, Airi.

Anyhow, thought it might be fun to toy with the idea of New Year’s resolution nonsense (past the universal one we all share of watching less anime) and having folk picking some backlog stuff to finally get to this year rather than putting off for one reason or another. More than likely it’s something popular that might engender some discussion rather than people talking past one another and, frankly, deadline pressure doesn’t hurt. I wouldn’t get too involved though given how life can throw one a curveball nor would I expect everyone to post about every episode watched but hey, there’s still good stuff for most of us to watch yet.

To get us started, I took an informal poll of some people to help serve as an example. Something, say, like one long series, a couple short series, a handful of movies, or some sort of combination would be ideal. It’s not meant to be a burden but rather that extra push to chisel away at the lingering part of the ol’ backlog.

ZachDeKoromaru
  • Cowboy Bebop
    [*]Sailor Moon S
I diiiiiid it.

Sailor Moon S
Pretty much the culmination of everything right with Sailor Moon: hilarious antics with great character chemistry, funny faces, a main villain who perfectly balances hamminess and sympathetic, plus Haruka and Michiru are the best characters, THE BEST. And thankfully no reset arc like the first third of R, and other things about R that sucked eggs. All y'all about to start on Hulu next week are in for a treat. Bonus best senshi:

I think there's as much reason to believe Blood Blockade Battlefront will be good as there is for just about any unaired anime. Rie Matsumoto is a proven capable, creative, and talented director, she has a strong team of artists working under her, most of all Shinji Kimura, and the trailers have all looked quite nice. Nothing guarantees it being good until it finishes airing, but if you can't look forward to seeing it, then you can't look forward to any anime.

I certainly have faith that Blood Blockade Battlefront will look great. I don't think there's any concern there. I think the worries will come solely on the story side. Can Matsumoto salvage what sounds like a fairly mediocre manga?

I hope so, because the show could be pretty enjoyable if they execute on it well.

Ventara

Mayo Chiki Episode 1-13 END

Honestly, I don't know why I watched this. I pretty much hated the first episode, and the entire show follows the harem rom-com anime template to a tee.

Spineless main character? Check
Stupid plot-device to get the MC with the girls? Check
Meddling sneaky president? Check
Ditzy big-boobed character? Check
Twin-tailed tsundere? Check
Hyper little sister? Check
Accidental groping? Check
Lots of blushing? Check
Brain-dead scenarios? Check
Emotionally unstable characters? Check
No real plot development? Check

It did get better as the show went on. I still wouldn't call it good, but maybe decent if you like the genre.

Anyways, I haven't been keeping up here. What are all the cool kids watching? I'm thinking of watching Love, Chunibyo & Delusions next, or maybe Date A Live 2 for some Origami waifu.

I like how they use a super elaborate impact frame for.... a lighter being turned on. Lol.

Between this and Seraph of the End, I guess we'll have tons of great background screenshots for the Spring season!

If only the source material were good especially for Seraph of the End because it's really mediocre. The premise is like Attack on Titan with Vampires and the plot its just, no comment.😌

Tuck

Much worse. Attack on Titan is almost stylish again because of the poor English. Without the "the" it also rolls of the tongue better.

Attack on the Titan meanwhile has still the wrong meaning while also sounding dull as fuck.
Attack on titan is an awesome name.

Mayo Chiki Episode 1-13 END

Honestly, I don't know why I watched this. I pretty much hated the first episode, and the entire show follows the harem rom-com anime template to a tee.

We would have told you to drop it , even among viewers of the genre that enjoy watching those kind of shows ( like myself ) , this one is really , really low in my rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom