• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to check the Date A Live anime website out of habit, was greeted with this:

top_bg_150316y6jyc.jpg

I'm assuming she's Mayuri from the upcoming movie.

Shin Mazinger Z 13-14

Getting back into this. That Stroheim. Those family revelations.

Can't say I'm especially fond of flashforwards at the start of an arc to the end of it, but I guess it's something to look forward to I suppose.

Akatsuki no yona - 23

Jeaha said goodbye , yona said good bye , su-yeon said good bye..

Damn that episode was heavy at times.

But everything is wrapped up, and one of the best arc of yona is now over and it delivered on all fronts.

That captain will surely miss me as she brought so much to the table in so little time. BUt i'm ready for the next episode as the now expanded party will have to deal with many unnexpected things.

Welcome to my harem.
My day couldn't get any better now.

Rolling Girls 10

I'm not sure why
aliens is now a plot point,
but there it is. For some reason this angle has caused me to lose what little interest I have left for this show. There have been glimmers of hope every episode but they always seem to fall short for me. I'm certainly going to finish it because I've gotten this far in it and I have to know what happens at the end just to close the door on this disappointment.

Serial Experiments Lain 6:
Damn, Lain's room looked absolutely crazy. The details on everything were incredible, and it's just kind of mind boggling how different the place looked. Lain really took center stage here, especially with how active she was getting in things. I loved the bit where she entered her room and they showed her expression changing as she shifted from her outside persona to going into the Wired (and the last little smudge of lipstick that she left there for the longest time).

Things certainly went in a disturbing direction with some of the stuff related to the children in this episode, but that's what you expect when you're dealing with Chiaki J. Konaka. There also seem to be some more distinct groups opposing one another here, and Lain's been drawn into a much bigger story. While this episode wasn't quite on the same level as the superb Episode 5, it was still another very strong episode from a show that hasn't disappointed me yet.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hunter X Hunter (2011) Episodes 1-3

Wow, this is pretty damn good. I'm loving the pacing, not too fast or too slow and the characters already feel like badasses.

Syrinx

Dirty Pair OVA 4

Kids suck.

Dirty Pair OVA 5

A gambling game where they shoot an asteroid at a something and bet on where it lands. Dumbest game ever. Dat Yuri dress though.

Hamst3r

Madoka Magica Movie III: Rebellion - I liked it. Well, I think I liked it. Did I like it? I don't know if I liked it. I'm pretty sure I liked it. I read a wiki about it for an hour.

Articalys

What kind of shows do you think work best when marathoned in large groups of episodes?

What kind of shows do you think work best when watched on a week-to-week basis?

Narag

What kind of shows do you think work best when marathoned in large groups of episodes?

Long running shows like some shounen or magical girl stuff, short shows whether referring to short runtimes or a lower than average episode count.

Just anything you'd like to be involved with in regard to topical discussion or something that grabs you enough that you want to check it out week to week. Latter is too subjective to really nail down a type of show as everyone will derive different levels of engagement.

Mature

Hyouka - 12
I'm so overwhelmed by this episode. I just want to watch more. You can tell a lot of love went into creating the look of the cultural festival— it feels like a real place. Chitanda's constant side-tracking was really funny, too.

Hamst3r

Everything.

Nothing.

I get lost and uninvested watching things weekly. Waiting a week between episodes saps all of the energy out of the show, it's just way too long of an interruption for me. My brain sucks like that.

To be fair, episodic shows, where each episode is self-contained, those work fine weekly. Serials though, gotta binge watch 'em.

Thoraxes

New US Blu-ray Box-art - Funimation Edition
FYI the prices are cheaper at Rightstuf right now too, for anyone who read this post. I only got Ping Pong and Zombie S2 so far, but I may get more since it comes out about the same time as the Turn A Gundam collection (Tomino help me).

Also EVERYONE BUY PING PONG.
Came in today.
Very nice. I would've purchased the second one if I didn't miss out on the first one. Hoping they do another print run down the line so I can join in on the fun.

Those S.A.V.E green bands are as ugly as ever !

They usually have reversible covers.
Nisekoi:'s OP is not by ClariS, as S1 was (plus ClariS' lineup has changed since their Tsukimonogatari ED), but by LiSA.

Dat Haru in that art. My heart.

/XX/

Speaking of Ikuhara, I was reading an interview that discusses how Kaworu from Evangelion was based on Ikuhara and specifically how the conversation between Ikuhara and Kaworu at the bathouse was based on a real conversation (...)
That romanticism and everything to end up being a somewhat neutered moment on the homo-eroticism front, compared to what Akio Satsukawa had planned!

Mr. Ikuhara's dream of working on a future project alongside Hideaki Anno shall come true, but... will the world be prepared for it? :-D

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero - 01 & 02

This already looks more promising than Fate/Stay for me (which shouldn't be hard to beat), because the masters seem for the most part to be grown adults and not a bunch of kids.
It also feels more darker, like the psycho dude who summoned caster and the kid getting tentacled. The vampire worms or whatever they are with the girl.

Does Saber look the same in every Fate story? If I remember correct she barely looks different from Fate/Stay. The rest of the Servants shown so far looks pretty much different, though Archer looks sort of similar.
I hope they have the balls to
actually kill off a Servant this early, and not do some mambo jumbo Zimbabwe magic back to revival or "lol jk I was just acting dead!"
It's early so far, but at this moment I'm hoping for Rider or Archer to win the grailbowl, I couldn't care less about the Masters.

It is WAY better than Fate stay night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebyUUvQQCGw&t=113

Gah.

So fucking long to wait. And even then its fansubs or not at all. Hell the show hasn't even been licensed anywhere.

:(

It is some shows fate to never be seen by the masses
such as Hyouka

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| Why is that it tastes so good?

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| Supplying Foodgasms Since 2001

I like this one!
Some Arjuna in there too. Classic.

Princess Tutu 5:
Well, that ending was pretty ominous. It seems like despite what Ahiru has been doing, things aren't necessarily all going to be for the best. I suppose that was to be expected, but it still seems quite sad. For every positive emotion that you can have, I guess there are also bad things that can come along with it. It also seems like more of the characters are getting on the same page, in terms of who knows what about everyone else.

I would watch a show that was 22 minutes of close ups of Rue's eyes, by the way.

We all would my friend.

I need a new animu to watch. I like the following on crunchyroll:

Shirobako
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love
Fate Staynight / Zero
Naruto and Rock Lee's Ninja Pals
Fairy Tale
Wolf Girl and Black Prince (lol I don't know why)
That one with the mermans living in the bathtub

Watch Shin Sekai Yori and Steins Gate

It's almost like new people are joining and posting in these community threads....

Hi, I'm relatively new to Anime-GAF and GAF in general. Pleased to meet you. Cornbread78 jumped in like a week ago or something, due to accidental exposure to SAO :p

No, that was obvious trolling. Gintama is one series, Cross Ange is another. They have next to nothing in common beside being anime and featuring human beings.

C'mon guys, don't be mean to people who are new to animu.

I agree. All are welcome here!
Love you guys.

I only liked the cat girl as a character cause she was a sniper in gungale. Asuna can go in a ditch.

You speak the truth.

It looks like NEW GAME! will likely be adapted to an anime - one of several Kirara series from this year being so. (Kirara is always my favorite source for anime. That and magical girls.) New Game! is about a girl who works for a game design company, so NeoGAF may like it if they can handle the cute. Can you handle the cute?

Also, Yuru Yuri S3 is titled Yuru Yuri San Hai!

So thats what this captivating picture is from. The oclors and style are so pretty!

raw emotion in SAO....

Lol yeah Im not sure where that came from.

Westlo

tumblr_n06gu4SXPB1tryn1ko1_500.gif

and I already know some people are going to argue that KLK's soundtrack was better than TTGL's......

I was shitting on Sawano in the X battle music thread (so fucking awful, even sans the "rap") and mentioned how Iwasaki's TTGL score shit over KLK only for someone to disagree, da fuck.
scust.png

I also like how Sawano completely ruins the one good track on his second A/Z OST. Second half of aldnoahOrch-&Z might as well be a different song since it's entirely different to the first two minutes, reminds me oh how he ruined his counterattack song off SnK by doing the exact same thing.

2014 had a couple of good soundtracks, notably:

-Zankyou no Terror
-Unlimited Blade Works
-Ping Pong
-Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero
-Tokyo Ghoul
-Akame ga Kill!
-Black Bullet

Where's Build Fighters and Haikyuu? Hayashi da gawd.

Garo also deserves a mention, even if just for Gaia's theme song, Keiichi Okabe blessed us with track of the year. Leagues above anything I heard in the first 9 episodes of Yuuki Yuna which he also did a lot of. (13 out of 31 tracks). Though maybe he puts out something real good in the last few, need to finish that series off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLmDrf40KhY

GBF Try 23

Dry, uninteresting build-up episode before the final which Team Try better lose and Sekai's back is broken in half so he can never fight again.

Also amusing they're bringing up Andou's wrist again which will be Sunrise's reason why Try wins and the Gunpla Academy will have some bullshit lesson about paying attention to your team-mates' troubles because Andou keeps the issue hidden.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 23

Completely pointless episode. Full to the brim of flashbacks, padding and nonsense character interactions. They also did nothing to actually get the viewer excited for the upcoming fight. I just want them to get it over with at this point. Maybe they'll have some more success with the open tournament if they go there after this but looking at their track record I doubt it. What an utterly disappointing show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 23:

I skipped the pre-match hype jobs in real life and indeed I skipped most of that here as well.

NeonZ

Gundam Build Fighters Try 23

Completely pointless episode. Full to the brim of flashbacks, padding and nonsense character interactions. They also did nothing to actually get the viewer excited for the upcoming fight. I just want them to get it over with at this point. Maybe they'll have some more success with the open tournament if they go there after this but looking at their track record I doubt it. What an utterly disappointing show.

They should bring back 1st season's director. I don't get why they even changed it.

cajunator

Banned

These are solid suggestions. I second these.

Well, what matters is that you like what you're watching rather than some silly theoretical notion of goodness or badness.

No point sitting through some boring piece of shit just because a subset of people think its 'great' anime.

{cough} Hyouka {cough}

Season two admittedly has some great moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTf-BtpdMsI

I can understand someone new to anime being enamored by SAO, and I'm not saying that from some kind of elitist mindset. It's just a lot of people used to anime/manga/whatever storytelling will have seen what SAO has done many times before, and for the most part much better (in their eyes), even if the premise can be said to be inherently appealing.

There's a big discussion to be had with why people both like and hate it. In the beginning, it wasn't THAT hated around here (toonamigaf excluded), with people acknowledging some flaws as simple nitpicks. As it went on, more storytelling (and sometimes animation/music) faux-pas began to prop up that people around here and other corners of the internet weren't too fond of.

Even so, it's a super popular franchise, so it's not like you're alone.

It really is super popular. I saw some SAO flipflops at a local store. They are marketing the hell out of SAO.

Maybe it's the same reason I'm still a sucker for all the cliché "save the princess" stories in jrpgs, I still love that stuff, lol.

You might enjoy Elemental Gelade.

It's been while I watched anime.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

The opening totally fooled me. I thought this was going to be teenage comedy show?!

I wasnt sure what this was in Japanese but its Your Lie in april and from all accounts its pretty great.

I didn't know this but Sentai plans to giving No Game No Life a Collectors Edition.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I might buy two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom