• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange is a gift

See AnimeGAF?!? This is exactly what I was talking about!!

I still have to finish that show. I remember seeing a Gaiking girl in its OP.

You might want to turn away right now and watch something else.

It's like a train wreck isn't it.... You just can't look away from it...

Halfway through the third session now, my lawd..... What is wrong with these people..

I might have to check out those other two from the same author as SAO, this show is brutal and not really good to have running on my desk at work no doubt; luckily I'm in the corner of the building, lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What Is a Tulpa?

A tulpa is an independent consciousness in the mind, and is ultimately no different from you as far as how you think, act, perceive the world, etc. It isn’t a demon, a spirit, or an external entity of any kind. A tulpa is an internal personality separate from your own, but just as human. They are sentient, meaning they have their own thoughts, consciousness, perceptions and feelings, and even their own memories.

A tulpa is essentially a mind that (usually) identifies with a form, created by an individual as a mental companion. Their form can be chosen by the creator of the tulpa, but it can also be left for the tulpa to decide on. It can communicate with you through mindvoice – a voice in your head similar to the one you use when you think or talk ‘in your head’ – or using an imposed voice, that will be similar to the way you hear sounds from reality, but the imposed voice is still internal. Not only voice can seem like it comes from reality, you can learn to impose your tulpa’s form, which will allow you to see it as if it’s physically there, despite that it still is in your mind.

By being in your mind with you, they know you intimately like no external being can. You can decide to open to them everything about yourself, including your most intimate memories, your everyday thoughts and everything you know. There is no need to fear that they won’t understand how you acted in certain situation that might seem bad or shameful; most tulpas are very understanding of their host due to how close they are.
IYdb9CZ.png

I've rewatched the 4 Devas Arc from Gintama so many times and I have to say it never gets old. This is one of the brilliant serious arc that Gintama can offer. Seeing the Kabuki District work together under one goal and protect what they feel is important always makes me want to cheer them on. The battle with Gintoki/Jirocho against Lady Kada was the highlight of the arc.

This scene in particular is probably the funniest in the whole arc.

tumblr_n0buqgQLB31tn7c4ao1_500.gif

Seeing both Jirocho and Gintoki laugh like lunatics is just amazing.

The ending like to all arcs in Gintama was beautiful.

http://youtu.be/rwv_ERDCjDk

When this Ending song by Spyair played toward the end of the arc it helped set the mood real well. This is pretty much the best ending song in Gintama. The feels when Jirocho and Piracho re-established their relationship was so good.

This arc is pretty much one of my top favorite in Gintama. Can't wait for the new season.

Vividred Operation 02

There is just something wrong with this yet I can't quite place it. All the characters just seem to accept that they now have superpowers and don't question it in any way. The way character interaction was handled between red and blue, especially with that out of place flashback explaining why things that aren't explained don't work is just weird.

Animation wise it was visually entertaining. The transformation sequences are some of the best I've seen despite the cameraman's pervy shots. Some shots the characters are rendered in CG which is immediately noticeable. It made sense for the shots (weaving in and out of the jets) but the lack of consistency is very off-putting. Also there was plenty of butt, mayonnaise, forehead-kissing and underboob vents.

I feel I've got enough of a taste of this, that's enough for me.

TUSR

Banned
Umm yeah, just finished the 2nd episode and watched
attempted girl on girl rape and a little girl being split into two
WTF is this show and why do so many of you watch it? #%$@$%#^

Was I right about her organs though?

i think she just got raped by Jill. dont think they fucked up her reproductive organs.

Jex

The only two Gintama arcs that I'm ever likely to re-watch are the Four Devas and the Character Popularity Content. They really demonstrate how well the series captures an extremely wide range of tones.

Cornbread78

i think she just got raped by Jill. dont think they fucked up her reproductive organs.

Got ya, I thought the blood meant something more, lookign too far ahead I guess.

Just finished #3... damn, talk about completely something different from SAO, Log Horizon and Gurren Legann, holy crap... I'm just waiting for there to be a plot somewhere, or does it play out like a late night skinemax (Cinemax) show? Hey, the last battle was pretty cool though.

Jex

Shit got pretty real in Binan 11:

CAZzu0FXEAAoOzl.png

Although the best moment was easily the visual gag included in the bottom right hand side of the end card:

CAZ0D1DWQAA7Uqp.png

Binan - still a good show.

TUSR

Banned
Got ya, I thought the blood meant something more, lookign too far ahead I guess.

Just finished #3... damn, talk about completely something different from SAO, Log Horizon and Gurren Legann, holy crap... I'm just waiting for there to be a plot somewhere, or does it play out like a late night skinemax (Cinemax) show? Hey, the last battle was pretty cool though.

she was a pure virgin princess that got probed by a robot arm

Midonin

Nadesico 04-14

The light tone doesn't really gloss over the fact that this is a war, but it's a better fit for me than many other mecha shows. Blending a mecha series with a romcom has worked wonders, and I've enjoyed the first batch of episodes. As for Ruri's speech to Yurika in episode 5 or so - about the captains - that may have been true at the time, but anime has changed, the world has changed, and there's a good counterexample. Taking from Yurika's legacy, we attained shows like Bodacious Space Pirates. Marika may not be Space Grandpa Santa, but she doesn't need to be - and she wouldn't be herself if she was. As competent, respected and personable as anybody else. Age is just a number. Anime has responded to Ruri's speech, and gone in new directions and become better for it.

I also liked the brief look into the world of Gekigangar with its cheap and rough 70s-style aesthetics.
Nadesico is a show within a show in Gekigangar... but Nadesico was watching the episode that they were watching themselves in and...
So this is what happens when the meta starts eating its own tail.

Cyberteam in Akihabara 04-14

So we have a girl from the Kansai region who wants to make all the money, and a girl who actually looks a lot like Ruri from the above show. The hot springs episode focusing on the three generals was an interesting change of pace from the main storyline, and the episode with Hibari's yuri stalker... I don't mind having yuri in my shows, but I'm glad characters like that are mostly played more sympathetic these days. Baby steps, but mostly. Loving another girl is no reason to play someone up as a freak.

And much like Nadesico's episode 14, Cyberteam's drops a major revelation.
All the behind the scenes players have been alive for at least a hundred years or more, and Hibari's prince fled to space because humanity keeps getting itself into stupid wars instead of focusing on technology.
I know that war often leads to advances in technology itself, but I agree with the show's sentiment that it would be nice to have technological advancement that isn't caused by or eventually leads to killing people.

How all of this ties into magical girls made from Tamagotchis, I can't tell you.

The text doesn't fit into the page borders which is infuriating me to the point where I don't want to read it.

I've familiarized myself with the source. Two episodes was enough of this lol

Out of curiosity, do you want me to spoil the ending? If so, here's my impressions.

It was the most forced, trite, cliched thing that I found myself honestly laughing at it.

I'm disgusted by all of you, recommending Cross Ange to strangers. That's dangerous.

I tried to stop them. I tried so hard. Now look what happened.

phaze

Parasyte 23

The internal monologue in the first half was painful.

Other than it was fairly predictable - with Migi coming back to life and deciding the duel but the inclusion of the toxins was a pretty neat idea, one that fit well into themes this show has been trying to shove down my throat. I don't qutie get the reason for Shinichis's change of heart though. Was it because Gotou was artificially created and didn't just spawn out of nothing through the powers that be ? I mean I applaud the decision because I wanted to strangle him, when he went on his forgiveness tirade but the sudden change confused.

I wonder if we will tackle the true monster in the last episode or if it will be a pure epilogue.

Parasyte - 23

I'll take the long way to work tomorrow, in a tank spilling oil in the nearby rivers and lakes. All while firing guns and throwing my grandma's old television around. Don't worry,
I'm just doing my part to save humanity.
Gotou looked pretty bad ass, and overall I was content with the resolution and the episode as a whole. Though I can't fully take the "No John, you are the poison" seriously anymore.

Parasyte 23

Gotou is extremely intimidating. That character design is amazing. However, the monologuing in this episode...

Parasyte - 23

I'll take the long way to work tomorrow, in a tank spilling oil in the nearby rivers and lakes. All while firing guns and throwing my grandma's old television around.

You are the poison!

Cross Ange #1:

I know like the others it will take a few episodes to get it, but did they just
mutilate her reproductive organs
right away when they took her away to that place... That is crazy insane off the charts in Stephen King stuff right away...

... no?

Just the usual cavity inspection when entering a prison.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange:

Okay, made it through 5 episodes now and it's getting a little better.
Snake poison
part was actually pretty funny. I'm kinda interested to see where the story goes now..

Fate/Zero - 11

Haha I love how they just suddenly have a drinking party and discuss their ideologies. That and Riders crazy triumph card made this quite the interesting episode.

Shinmai maou no testament - 11

That fight was very underwhelming , with no sense of speed and no sense of awesomeness.

It really felt flat.
I really can't take that middle scene seriously with all the "KEEP OUT " and censoring on screen. and the twist was kinda lame.
testament is missing that "epic vibe" , or that "totally ridiculous vibe" that would make it stand out. It's not a bad show but i can't help but think that it's very average in his story.

Everything feel so predictable.

Fate/Zero - 11

Haha I love how they just suddenly have a drinking party and discuss their ideologies. That and Riders crazy triumph card made this quite the interesting episode.

Probably my favorite episode of the series (or at least the most memorable one). The clash of ideologies was really well done and it nicely plays into the conflicts yet to come. I hope you are watching the extended version from the BDs. If I remember correctly they added some minutes to this episode.

GBF Try 23

Meh build up episode but why were there four cups of tea at China and Sei's house?
WHO ARE THE OTHER TWO PEOPLE?
Not Aila and Reiji thats for sure

When they win because of Adou's wrist injury it's going to be lame as fuck. Still can't bring myself to dislike this show but I can't really bring myself to like it either.

Jarmel

Banned

holy fuck

dat jazz music, impact frames, Nakamura, background art, and bump of chicken

Now watch BONES fuck up on the writing. Production-wise this looks goddamn amazing. I'm already pissed because I know the writing is going to be terrible.

I should note that the direction is already looking like it's going to elevate the source material. That scene with Leon on the street looks infinitely more atmospheric and melancholic than anything in the manga.

Free! Eternal Summer Extra Fr
tumblr_nlf4ljNxx31tmr98no1_500.gif

Loved this extra special, the water gun survival fight was hilarious with all the various comedy things going on and how serious they took it. Momo, Nagisa, Rin, Kissme ,and Sousuke for the best moments overall,
and lovely sharkbait finale

The music was fantastic as always using some of the best pieces.

Parasyte 23

So much internal monologue (I usually like scenes like that but not here) but Gotou is legit pretty terrifying and his design is great. Reminds me of an unkillable enemy you have to hide from and stalk him down before he stalks you down in games like Dead Space 1 or Resident Evil 3

Pretty nice change to the ED

Hunter X Hunter is life.

10 episodes in, don't regret a single one.

And it gets so much better~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom