• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda but it makes no sense since humanity is on the defense

Well yeh, should've been Attack of the Titans if we wanted a pragmatically correct English title.

But glorious nippon mangakas gonna Engrish.

Though, again, by now the wrong 'Attack on Titan' has grown on me. The title above would be generic as fuck and this one has a bit of mystery/uncertainty in it, since it's not immediately apparent what the anime would really be about.

It seems OnePunch Man Anime is gonna air in October.

Hmmmmm this is nerve racking it should air next year because the amount of animation budget needed would be huge to make it good. Unless they are going with One's style during sol comedic parts and then go Murata style during fight scenes.

Jarmel

Banned
I certainly have faith that Blood Blockade Battlefront will look great. I don't think there's any concern there. I think the worries will come solely on the story side. Can Matsumoto salvage what sounds like a fairly mediocre manga?

I hope so, because the show could be pretty enjoyable if they execute on it well.

I haven't read too far, only two volumes or so, but the manga isn't atrocious to the point of being unsalvagable. The worst part is easily the art in that half of it as BassForever would point out, "looks like a bunch of scribbles".

There are a lot of fun fantasy elements that should really be in Matsumoto's area of expertise coming from Kyousougiga. I really want to see how that alien chess stuff is depicted.

Really the big flag for me is that I'm not familar with the writer but I am familiar with the shitty writing in BONES related works.

Lol. Why have expectations when it comes to anime. Just expect the worst out of everything and hope for the best. Less disappointment and bitterness that way!

Trust me my expectations are really low considering that all of Young Jumps manga series that get a anime adaptation are shit.

And since OnePunch Man is from Young Jump magazine the anime has a high chance of being bad.

KanameYuuki

I really enjoyed JoJo's first arc, it had that awesome old school feel and everyone was a gentleman, perfect ending too, I can't wait until it gets fabulous.

Quasar

So another in the series of 'real japan or just anime japan' questions.

Sempais and Kouhais dating. Do kouhais really keeping calling their significant others sempai rather than by their name?

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 8

Jack really needs a rematch instead of facing these losers.

Didnt realize that is what the 5D's stood for in the name. Should have realize that sooner based on the ED visual at the end.

John Blade

samurai-champloo.jpg

Man...just finish watching the last episode and this show is great. Love quite a few things in this show from music, to character development, pacing of the story and many more. I can now see why when the show release in North America, it was quite a hit during that time.

I am not going to write too long here of what I like but here is a very brief of what I think.
For the music, I like the mix of hip-hop, rhythm & blues while at the same time mixing it with traditional Japanese music. It sound quite right in this show and quite a few of the song playing become important during important scene which make the mood even more stunning. For animation, it look great and still age well after 11 years when it was 1st shown. For the character development, they did it well on all three main characters. You have quite a bit of feeling for all of them. The amount of info you learn during the show about them make it more emotional once it reach the climax as you don't want anyone of them to die. The pacing is great. They mix quite a bit of everything in the show while at the same time don't feel like a drag as you watch it. You might watch something very serious and sad tone like the blind lady episode and then jump into comedy when you go watching the baseball episode. This keep the show fresh and moving so you don't feel like a drag as you watch.

Lastly, the show have almost everything you need to grab almost any audience, from comedy which is clever, to sword slashing fight, to emotional movement which still stick with you after you finish watching the show. Would recommend everyone to watch this show as it's great in so many ways.

Now, I am off going to watch my next show which will be Kite and Kite Liberator. Need to get that show done.

I hope not, losing lead characters is one of the worst literary mistakes someone can make.I wish for Buddyfight to continue to be immune from bad writing.

He doesn't have to lose all the time you know, a few times will do just fine! It's just very boring and predictable if a character never loses anything. Everyone has their flaws and should lose a couple of times to build themselves up as a character. No matter which way you cut it a 27-0 record in 61 episodes is not good writing in the slightest.

The thing is from the people I know who watch and follow Buddyfight they are really more concerned with Tasuku and not Gao. From the time I watched it he was the more interesting of the main cast and I'm still surprised he isn't the main character of the show.

Kantai Collection - 11

I just wanted to say what i think but for now i'll just copy & paste from another forom:

-sortie an extremely slow fleet
-dispatch another fleet from a different base to rendezvous with it and guide it to a rally point
-a rally point deep within enemy territory with a constant threat of detection by the enemy's main force
-send your main force to stand by in that rally point, vulnerably exposed to an enemy force too large for it to confront on its own
-leave your main force to wait indefinitely while 2 fleets from separate origin points attempt to find one another completely blind in stormy weather and total radio silence

^^^^^^ Congrats that's a REALLY GREAT PLAN LOL

Ah Akagi , so many death flags ..and you triggered them all

Kantai%20Collection%20-%2011.jpg

Most expensive "hotel" is heading out !!!

This was a nice episode , with a last part filled with hopes and crushing despair ... Next week should be the time for a fate defying asspull of epic proportions.

Mothman91

So how are they doing the new Gintama show? From the beginning again?

Maybe I should get into the show...too many people talk about it in here.

So how are they doing the new Gintama show? From the beginning again?

Maybe I should get into the show...too many people talk about it in here.

You need to watch the new gintama show , BUT BEFORE THAT , watch the other seasons ..don't hesitate , don't think , Just do it.

Kyuur

I like how they use a super elaborate impact frame for.... a lighter being turned on. Lol.

Damn if that part wasn't eye catching though!

Parasyte 23

The scene where Migi came back was god damn perfect. Gotou's design is great too, and the conversation they had regarding his death was great. Sad that there is only one left. :(

cajunator

Banned
I need, why are the best things anime japan exclusive :(
CASp5o1UcAAZTPc.jpg

I dont see any best thing in this post. Only abomination.

Got my Paprika and Nausicaa Steelbook order today, I'll be watching these later, I haven't watched Paprika before and I haven't seen Nausicaa in 10 years.

Very nice looking Nausicaa set! Im jelly!

This has been on my radar as something to check out eventually, can you elaborate ? Did the quality dropped so much or is it some violence/sex/fan service stuff ?

Oh god the quality didnt so much drop as it plummeted off a Peruvian cliffside.
The entire art style changed. the story is bad. the pacing is bad. They stuffed fanservice crap in it. Its just horrendous. I still bought it because I like GSG and torturing myself.

Didn't he already watch that?

I think he did. School Days kind of overshadowed it.
Oh well, anyone who hasnt should.

Our Home's Fox Deity 1-10

I don't think I have seen any series featuring Youkai that I did not enjoy.

Great show. Really quite surprisingly good. NISA released a cute box set.

Fixed that for ya.

Nonsense.

Holy shit! My Kino's Journey DVDs shipped! Nearly a whole three months after I ordered it.

Congrats on acquiring the second best anime series of all time!

Wakaba*Girl, from the author of Kinmosa, is being adapted into a series of half-length anime.

I am ok with this!

cajunator

Banned
Should I watch this Kuwabara?

SEASON 2 IS HAPPENING SO I'M EXCITE! I LOVED THIS SHOW!

It involved this middle school girl that was an idol or an actress or something like that and tried to take control of an unruly class and another kid is there in which she probably falls for him. You look like you know some good animes, any you can recommend thats like Cardcaptor Sakura?

Chill... I don't wanna die lol

Yes, you should watch Yona of the Dawn. Preferably as soon as possible. Its fantastic.

Is this a harem? I hate harem's.

It is not really. If anything a reverse harem and not really even that. Yona is morel ike Twelve Kingdoms or Saiunkoku Monagatari. Much more serious than it seems on the surface. Its a strange vibe, because the show will sometimes go almost chibi/SD with Yona's reactions and its very cute but then horrible horrible things happen to her and others. Really odd clash of emotions.

Those S.A.V.E green bands are as ugly as ever !

It's a reverse harem-like but there is no romance in it

Just enjoy the ride , it's worth it.

The SAVE covers can be reversed. I didnt even realize at first but it made me appreciate them more when I found out.

After all of that, I thought that I'd post an update relevant to the UK (no, its not Yuru Yuri :p). Here's the latest Anime Limited Newswire Link with an un-boxing of KLK #2 Link and an update for the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarer Link

More at the link.

Back to some US related news, I guess the Sailor Moon Crystal BluRay has a bunch of errors and shit Link

Loads more at the link above.

Beautiful set. Glad the UK didnt get shafted with this show. Pretty much every release of KLK has been stellar.
And on the opposite side of things, that Sailor Moon Crystal bluray is a damned joke. They really REALLY screwed up the show. Massive disappointment.

they did give it an artbox LE but they made a limited amount and it sold out.

I have that artbox set actually. Its pretty nice. Not sure if OniAi deserves packaging that nice but w/e.

cajunator

Banned

lol what is this shit?

So when do you droogs put up the spring OP?

I'm curious to see what terrible series I might be interested in.

Love you Kavey. Im really glad you are enjoying yourself with animu.

Delicious.

Incorrect, welcome to MY harem.

Negative. This is my harem and youre all invited!

Went to check the Date A Live anime website out of habit, was greeted with this:

I'm assuming she's Mayuri from the upcoming movie.

Hnnnnnng
I love DAL character design.

Madoka Magica Movie III: Rebellion - I liked it. Well, I think I liked it. Did I like it? I don't know if I liked it. I'm pretty sure I liked it. I read a wiki about it for an hour.

Oh you like it alright. Youll like it till you LOVE it.

What kind of shows do you think work best when marathoned in large groups of episodes?

What kind of shows do you think work best when watched on a week-to-week basis?

Marathon - shows with a fascinating/addictive narrative. Lots of cliffhangers. Screw waiting. Steins Gate, Accel World, Parasyte, Madoka Magica, Yuuki Yuuna

week to week - shows like Hidamari Sketch, Yuru Yuri, Nisekoi that sorta thing. Gets kind of tedious if you watch too much at once due to slower pacing and different scenarios episode to episode.

Is this good?

Not particularly.

Hyouka - 12

I'm so overwhelmed by this episode. I just want to watch more. You can tell a lot of love went into creating the look of the cultural festival— it feels like a real place. Chitanda's constant side-tracking was really funny, too.

Congrats on reaching the good part of Hyouka. enjoy the trip!
Hug Misaki for me!

I've watched allllmost everything i've purchased.

lol same here. I have several things I havent even opened yet. Im really bad about this.
But I have a collector mentality also. As well a fear of things getting discontinued, which they often do in the anime world.

cajunator

Banned
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. 03
Just some bonding time in the bathroom, also why the hell is she jealous?
also she can the ghost? how? now she's going commando on windy day
now another chick can see her??

Why? why are you doing this to yourself :(

I have no idea what this is but it doesnt particularly stand out.
Whats the plot?

So, for those of you that might not be watching gaming side, this is apparently happening.

SOLD. Well if they bring it here and if I decide suddenly that I need a vita. Which I dont.

Need to know the source material. Time to watch Vividred Operation.

:D

Cross Ange #1:

I know like the others it will take a few episodes to get it, but did they just
mutilate her reproductive organs
right away when they took her away to that place... That is crazy insane off the charts in Stephen King stuff right away...

Yup they went there. I need to start watching episode two at some point. Maybe Im just scared.

Come on give us more credit than that!
as if we'd waste such an idea on stupid Kirino

Vividred Operation 01

What am I doing?

How about that opening shot huh?

Miku is so flabbergasted her cat ears fell off. Shit is real.

Shit got pretty real in Binan 11:

CAZzu0FXEAAoOzl.png

Although the best moment was easily the visual gag included in the bottom right hand side of the end card:

CAZ0D1DWQAA7Uqp.png

Binan - still a good show.

This is quite literally a genderbent mahou shoujo. Its the craziest thing.
Also from the couple episodes Ive seen its not really bad either.

Kancolle 11

Letting your entire carrier fleet get rekt. Shit Admiral underestimated the power of Wo-class.

Oh my god what a cutie!
Is that the aircraft carrier one?

Baalzebup

Cross Ange #1:

I know like the others it will take a few episodes to get it, but did they just
mutilate her reproductive organs
right away when they took her away to that place... That is crazy insane off the charts in Stephen King stuff right away...

Yup they went there. I need to start watching episode two at some point. Maybe Im just scared.

... no?

Just the usual cavity inspection when entering a prison.

Turin Turambar got it right. No mutilation, nor rape. Just a rough-shod cavity search. Unpleasant, certainly, especially considering Jill's robo-arm but while the scene was past suggestive, the activity itself was not sexual in nature in any way or form.

The blood on Ange was her mothers.

Funny how people interpret the same scenes in so many different ways.

Parasyte 23
The attempt to turn this into some moral lesson about polluting earth is so incredibly poorly done and out of place.
Shinichi's angst and tears at killing a mass murderer isn't really believable at all.

cajunator

Banned
Who knew Kancolle would end up the superior Wednesday show?

The only competition that day is Try. It was never really a contest.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 23

It's astounding that while the first show is in the discussion of being one of the best products of the Gundam franchise that this show is in the discussion of being among the worst. Holy shit.

Yeah. I breezed through Season 1 but cannot seem to even watch episode 2 of season 2. I dont really like the main girl in this one as much. Plus no Eila. total fail.

More info on Jewelpet Magical Change, including the mascot cast in their human form, and the characters that are actual humans.

Notably, Aya Hirano's Garnet, a mainstay of the cast since the early days, has been demoted from main character status. Also, Ari Ozawa (Chiyo in Nozaki, Nozomi in Rolling Girls) is playing the main human girl, Airi.

I...might have to watch this. Why is it so cute? is it necessary?

I diiiiiid it.

Sailor Moon S

Pretty much the culmination of everything right with Sailor Moon: hilarious antics with great character chemistry, funny faces, a main villain who perfectly balances hamminess and sympathetic, plus Haruka and Michiru are the best characters, THE BEST. And thankfully no reset arc like the first third of R, and other things about R that sucked eggs. All y'all about to start on Hulu next week are in for a treat. Bonus best senshi:

Congrats Zachy.
I wish I had your determination to slog through R. It is a massive obstacle.

Mayo Chiki Episode 1-13 END

Honestly, I don't know why I watched this. I pretty much hated the first episode, and the entire show follows the harem rom-com anime template to a tee.

Spineless main character? Check
Stupid plot-device to get the MC with the girls? Check
Meddling sneaky president? Check
Ditzy big-boobed character? Check
Twin-tailed tsundere? Check
Hyper little sister? Check
Accidental groping? Check
Lots of blushing? Check
Brain-dead scenarios? Check
Emotionally unstable characters? Check
No real plot development? Check

It did get better as the show went on. I still wouldn't call it good, but maybe decent if you like the genre.

Anyways, I haven't been keeping up here. What are all the cool kids watching? I'm thinking of watching Love, Chunibyo & Delusions next, or maybe Date A Live 2 for some Origami waifu.

Chuuni is fun. DAL2 is kinda forgettable. Mayo Chiki has one good scene which I will post so nobody has to watch it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2A3J8Egac
There now youve seen all you need to see.

I'll post them when I get home and can check my library.

Awww, how nice!

Yeah they really are. Very good quality little pillows. The store really appreciated the boost too. They have all kinds of goodies. bags, clothes, cards, plushies, clocks, cups, thermos, funkopops, mousepads, pillows, keychains, wallscrolls, dakimakuras..

The contract has been renewed.

Testament of Sister New Devil BURST, S2 of the show that's nearly done, will be getting a part 2 in the fall. More Mio, more Maria, more Yuki, more heroes in suburbia.

I'm okay with this.

Why is it that a show like this gets a sequel and much more deserving series dont? It wasnt even that popular was it?

Syrinx

The Tatami Galaxy 1

This was on my list ever since I finished Ping Pong and loved it.

This show so far is one of the more difficult experiences I've had in terms of following this subs while actually watching the show since the dude talks so goddamn fast and because the art is so good. I like the environments and Ozu's devilish design in particular.

Kancolle is most disappointed show of the season, the fact that it's already went wrong since Jukki Hanada in charge the plot and even let Hiroyuki Yoshino join to the staff.

Some people say "don't take the plot serious" i understand that, but the problem is they try to make the plot serious and then also try to "not forget the moe fans" and make the pace super strange.

Also it's not a show "for Kancolle players(TTK)" anyone(which seems it's what they are aiming since start) since most TTKs are the most unhappy group with the show, and the reviews in Amazon JP is getting Tales of Zestiria level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom