• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when a show gets delayed on Crunchyroll, does that mean it's missing it's original Japanese broadcast? Because that seems really bad.

Edit: Never mind I see it's the subtitled version that's delayed.

Date A Live movie releasing 22 August (ANN). That gives me time to organise a trip over there. And learn the language.

Given the target audience, it's a brave choice to include a bonus with a pair of 'Date tickets'.

tumblr_nlgha7WS251sqqtwzo2_1280.png

Turns out the key visual on the main site also has a composite version when it loads the site.
You're doing god's work. If only SnQ was still alive to see this.

LegatoB

So when a show gets delayed on Crunchyroll, does that mean it's missing it's original Japanese broadcast? Because that seems really bad.

Edit: Never mind I see it's the subtitled version that's delayed.
If it were slipping enough to miss broadcast, you'd find out about it in advance, usually. (Generally they figure that out far enough ahead to slip in a recap episode.) But it IS totally possible that production was delayed enough on the JPN side to set back the release of materials to the teams doing subtitling/encoding.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 124-125

Congrats on winning Starlight Queen, Sakura. All that training and bonding with Miyabi did you well. Episode 125 was also pretty fun, with Akari and company helping the original Soleil trio to prepare for a tour that will serve the dual purpose of taking them out of the show for a while, and also shows that their star is rising even higher. The return of the very first ending theme was a nice treat to show them off - I know they'll come back at some point, but it all feels very final as the series prepares to change timeslots and introduce two new characters.

The whole line-up for the Studio Ghibli Season 2015 on Film4:

I own all of them, but I still LOVE the fact that Film4 show these films, even things like Ocean Waves and Only yesterday. This was how I got my little brother into anime :)

I love how they do it as well especially as they also show a few of the pre Ghibli stuff as well like Little Norse Prince and Castle of Cagliostro. I'd still love them to show some more animated films on there though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

phaze

Great Teacher Onizuka 27-28

Some devious person is clearly chopping onions in my vicinity every time there is a Tomoko centric set of episodes. I feel this would work a bit better with Onizuka, for once, not being able to set everything right - somewhere I thought the episode was going before they pulled out of that but no matter. Cheesy yet effective. Good to see Kanzaki back with some screen time, seems like I spoke too soon about her being consigned to the background.

javac

Great Teacher Onizuka 27-28

Some devious person is clearly chopping onions in my vicinity every time there is a Tomoko centric set of episodes. I feel this would work a bit better with Onizuka, for once, not being able to set everything right - somewhere I thought the episode was going before they pulled out of that but no matter. Cheesy yet effective. Good to see Kanzaki back with some screen time, seems like I spoke too soon about her being consigned to the background.

All of the Tomoko episodes had me sobbing like crazy (T_T)

Cornbread78

Cross Ange 1-13:

Damn, this story just went off the rails totally. Not what I was expecting at all. C'Mon GAF, is this really considered that bad? It's actually pretty entertaining so far. I can defiantely see the complaints with the constant nippless boobs, but outside of that, there is some entertainment here.

OK, I'm now getting angry... This story is just crazy confusing at times....

What is it with all the nudity anyhow? Is the author just a perv or is there more of a theatrical point to it?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Gate anime PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulCg2hnu54

GATE TV anime starts this July. Staff:

Director: Takahiko Gyoukoku
Series Composition: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Character Design: Jun Nakai
Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
Music: Yoshiaki Fujisawa
Produced by: GENCO
Production: A-1 Pictures

Cast:

Youji Itami : Junichi Suwabe
Tuka Luna Marceau : Hisako Kanemoto
Lelei la Lalena : Nao Tōyama
Rori Mercury : Risa Taneda

Can't wait for this, the manga was really good and funny.

Rory(that girl with giant Axe)'s design really way different than manga/novel's, not sure is it good change

I know right? I'm kinda disappointed cause the long skirt gives her more of that "harbinger of doom" kinda feeling. Slightly disappointed they wanted to sexualize her even more in the show, meh, Japan will do whatever for the views.

Jex

Not sure Tales from Earthsea is worthy of being put on such a nice bluray.

I have no intention of purchasing:

The Cat Returns

Howl's Moving Castle

Ponyo

Tales from Earthsea

Up on Poppy Hill

But I will grab the best.

I watched a fair amount of anime and played a fair amount of Japanease games but my reaction to those character designs is still "WTF is this shit". What a mess.
If you told me the four characters from GATE are from four different anime series I would believe you.
Basically, my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom