• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Right now I'm watching Yuki Yuna Is A Hero and I just started Saekano. After those I have a lot to decide between. Eureka Seven, Shirokuma Cafe, Hyouka, Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari, Space Dandy, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Idolmaster, Macross Frontier, and Amagi Brilliant Park. So many to choose from! Haven't been this into watching anime is a long time.
Macross Frontier is junk. If you insist on watching it though check out the movies instead.

I will now discuss with firehawk why Saekano is the best anime of the season and why Kato is the best girl and all others should just choke.

9UrhO5l.jpg

Perfection

cajunator

Banned
Aniplex of America has both of those; the BD collection of it was one of their first releases a few years back. I doubt we'll be seeing anything of it anytime soon.

I have two versions of ROD. The Dvd set with the book cover and see through page cases, and the bluray set which is honestly not very good quality. Im guessing the second one is the Aniplex set.

Blusby

Right now I'm watching Yuki Yuna Is A Hero and I just started Saekano. After those I have a lot to decide between. Eureka Seven, Shirokuma Cafe, Hyouka, Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari, Space Dandy, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Idolmaster, Macross Frontier, and Amagi Brilliant Park. So many to choose from! Haven't been this into watching anime is a long time.

Yuki Yuuna - Very bad, juvenile series.
Saekano - Also bad
Eureka Seven - Okay, would rec for an occasionally cool mecha series
Shirokuma Cafe - Of what I've seen it's a fun series
Hyouka - Have it on good authority that's it's great
Steins;Gate - Good series, though there are a ton of hiccups in the second half.
Bakemonogatari - Good too
Space Dandy - First season is mediocre, heard the second season is good though
Arpeggio - Bad
Idolm@ster - Seems like a fun series from what I've seen
Macross Frontier - Fun series though it's a bit of a real mess
Amagi - Skippable, mediocre

So yeah I'd definitely skip Yuuki Yuna, Saekano, Arpeggio, and Amagi if I were you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saekano: Ask Firehawk.
Saekano 10

I feel like talking about the shitty commentary about the harem at the beginning of the episode is a waste of time at this point, because the show is just a terrible piece of trash whose very existence nullifies any panacean effect that Shirobako might have for the motives behind anime production. There are really two ways to think about Saekano's production. Either everyone who works on the show hates their job, in which case they are terrible people for not leaving to find better work, or they love their job, which makes even even worse human beings for rolling around in the pigsty that is otaku-dom.

Like, they aren't even fucking hiding it anymore:

fNSQj3cm.png

drged3rm.png

PdRulKSm.png

roCSSnPm.png

T0b8Dllm.png

tGsYYR7m.png

What is this in the noitaminA slot? Is Fuji TV funding this shit? I haven't seen Guilty Crown, but I assume that show is high art compared to this.

Acid08

Banned
Yuki Yuuna - Very bad, juvenile series.
Saekano - Also bad
Eureka Seven - Okay, would rec for an occasionally cool mecha series
Shirokuma Cafe - Of what I've seen it's a fun series
Hyouka - Have it on good authority that's it's great
Steins;Gate - Good series, though there are a ton of hiccups in the second half.
Bakemonogatari - Good too
Space Dandy - First season is mediocre, heard the second season is good though
Arpeggio - Bad
Idolm@ster - Seems like a fun series from what I've seen
Macross Frontier - Fun series though it's a bit of a real mess
Amagi - Skippable, mediocre

So yeah I'd definitely skip Yuuki Yuna, Saekano, Arpeggio, and Amagi if I were you.
Well I'm already watching Yuki Yuna and Saekano and enjoying both :p

Acid your list is missing Cross Ange.

fuk u

Jex

So I'm reading a lot of dangerous opinions in the thread to do with Cross Ange. I really feel like the record needs to be set straight on this series in the simplest manner:

Do not watch this show. It's an extremely bad series on basically ever level. I could recommend literally two hundred better anime to watch instead.

If you want to watch bad anime, for some reason, then we have a List for that exact reason. Cross Ange is certainly terrible in some really unique and different ways but that doesn't mean that you should be consuming it any manner for any reason what so ever.

Seriously.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
June, Saekano is good

I swear

Acid your list is missing Cross Ange.

Saekano MVP

Saekano 10

I feel like talking about the shitty commentary about the harem at the beginning of the episode is a waste of time at this point, because the show is just a terrible piece of trash whose very existence nullifies any panacean effect that Shirobako might have for the motives behind anime production. There are really two ways to think about Saekano's production. Either everyone who works on the show hates their job, in which case they are terrible people for not leaving to find better work, or they love their job, which makes even even worse human beings for rolling around in the pigsty that is otaku-dom.

fNSQj3cm.png

drged3rm.png

PdRulKSm.png

roCSSnPm.png

T0b8Dllm.png

tGsYYR7m.png

8KFOvbv.png

Jex

After those I have a lot to decide between. Eureka Seven, Shirokuma Cafe, Hyouka, Steins;Gate, Bakemonogatari, Space Dandy, Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Idolmaster, Macross Frontier, and Amagi Brilliant Park. So many to choose from! Haven't been this into watching anime is a long time.

Out of that list I can only really recommend that you watch Eureka Seven, Hyouka and Space Dandy.

Of those, I'd recommend tackling Space Dandy first because it's episodic and therefore more consumable than everything else on your list. Also each episode has a completely different staff working on it so you get a real variety of content.

I'd probably recommend leaving Eureka Seven till last. While it's probably my favourite of the 3 it's also a far, far longer show and requires more commitment.

cajunator

Banned
So I'm reading a lot of dangerous opinions in the thread to do with Cross Ange. I really feel like the record needs to be set straight on this series in the simplest manner:

Do not watch this show. It's an extremely bad series on basically ever level. I could recommend literally two hundred better anime to watch instead.

If you want to watch bad anime, for some reason, then we have a List for that exact reason. Cross Ange is certainly terrible in some really unique and different ways but that doesn't mean that you should be consuming it any manner for any reason what so ever.

Seriously.

translation: watch this show. Its so awful its amazing

Clov

I have two versions of ROD. The Dvd set with the book cover and see through page cases, and the bluray set which is honestly not very good quality. Im guessing the second one is the Aniplex set.

Yep, that's the Aniplex set! It's pretty likely that both ROD series were mastered in digital SD, so the Aniplex set is unfortunately as good as it will get.

Jex

It has a "Very Good" rating on ANN rankings.

That seems about right. Windy Tales is an extremely beautiful and unique series. It's charming, relaxing, reflective and it features very cute cats. I suppose it feels like a classic noitminA series, before that channel whored itself out.

I can't really recommend this series highly enough, everyone should check it out.

You could recommend two hundred shows but none of them are Cross Ange!

What is this in the noitaminA slot? Is Fuji TV funding this shit? I haven't seen Guilty Crown, but I assume that show is high art compared to this.

Wait this is on noitaminA? lol wtf happened to them

Doesn't even look like good smut

Steins;Gate seems like the kind of series that would interest me since I love sci-fi shit like the time travel Star Trek episodes but I have pretty much no interest in watching at all

Steins;Gate is legit man. That show was a really fun ride. I definitely recommend it.

Now now, Yuki Yuna wasn't terrible. I mean, the fact that there are
more light novels that they can adapt kind of redeems the rushed ending a bit. A bit, anyway.
It wasn't the greatest magical girl show ever, but it certainly wasn't horrendous by any means.

Saekano 10

Yikes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Go! Princess Precure 6-7

That new dog fairy is annoying as fuck and I hate her, the less of her we see the better. She is only made slightly better by having a human form.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom