• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, even just shooting a few random thoughts toward this produces the following:

Cooking for someone is a geisture by and itself. All Pancakes that I'm familiar with also contain sugar, or are covered with mapple syrup or something similar. So they are sweet, one way or another. Giving sweet things as a gift of affection has been around since... I dunno, around the time humans invented methods of making fire?

Syrup also doubles as a sticky, sweet substance that can be used for all kinds of suggestive images and actions. You can also bring in some other nice stuff like strawberriers and whipped cream..... :)

Now if there is something beyond this, I have no idea, but I'd say that is more than enough.

But why just Pancakes? Couldn't all that apply to many deserts as well? Regular cakes? Cookies? Brownies?

Is it just the fact that Pancakes are eaten as an actual breakfast meal and therefore it's a good choice?

I feel like I should watch Yami to understand all this.

I also feel like that last sentence is a paradox.

Cornbread78

As I said in that post, Cross Ange is bad in unique and different ways, but for those people literally getting into anime for the first time I honestly don't believe it should even be brought up. At all.

Now, personally, as a collector of weird and terrible shows it certainly holds a unique appeal but, in general, for most human beings, I'd advise to steer extremely clear of the series.

I'll keep that in mind as I start digging through that 200+ show list, lol.

It is kinda entertaining though, lol

cajunator

Banned
But why just Pancakes? Couldn't all that apply to many deserts as well? Regular cakes? Cookies? Brownies?

Is it just the fact that Pancakes are eaten as an actual breakfast meal and therefore it's a good choice?

I feel like I should watch Yami to understand all this.

I also feel like that last sentence is a paradox.

YES DO THIS

Fafner Exodus Episode 11

Largely uneventful, but I loved the bath scene (though none can ever be as good as Boueibu's). Still it was fun.

I hope the end of the anime wont involve everyone assimilating or dying for the sake of the rest of the world :(
CAf9rLvXIAA2jMg.jpg

Cornbread78

To be fair Cornbread78 entered to this thread after watching Sword Art Online and liking it. There was pretty good chance that he would enjoy Cross Ange too even if he is new to the anime lol.

Well, I guess I now have only seen 2 "Gaf approved" series in Gurren Legann and Log Horizon. SAO isn't liked around here as well as Cross Ange, I have much to learn I guess..

Your Lie In April END

Mother arc first half was definitely the highest moments of this anime. Only good part after that was the increased focused on Takeshi, his sister, the little boy, the other girl, and Arima interactions. Tsubaki was a huge distraction to the plot, and Kaori's drama was done better in tons other anime out there.

7/10.

Well, I guess I now have only seen 2 "Gaf approved" series in Gurren Legann and Log Horizon. SAO isn't liked around here as well as Cross Ange, I have much to learn I guess..

Oh. I didn't mean you shouldn't enjoy those just because they are considered ''bad'' shows here. I watch a lot of these so called ''shit'' shows myself and enjoy some of them (like Cross Ange). Enjoy whatever you want.

Cornbread78

Enjoy whatever you want. Dont let our disdain for certain shows stop you.
I sure as hell dont!

Lol, no worries. I'll keep trucking through the recommendations and peeking at some others. I watched the first episode of I Love You the other day to break things up as well. That wad an interesting one.

wonzo

Banned
Got a week of vacation ahead of me and I'd like to bring something to watch along for the ride. Got any recommendations? I've seen a lot of stuff, but favorites include Haibane-Renmei, Dennou Coil, and Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Not watching much of the current season outside of Log Horizon.
Aku no Hana

akunohanapromo.jpg

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still ORIGINAL DUB RECOMMENDED

giantroboova.jpg

MAD BULL 34 DUB

madbull341b.jpg

Mushi-shi

mushishi.jpg

Revolutionary Girl Utena SUB

utenadvd.png

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse SUB

utenaadolescence.jpg

Trapeze aka Kuuchuu Buranko

trapeze.jpg

YES DO THIS

I agree. You must know the secret behind pancakes.

There's also broccoli but that's less important.

Got a week of vacation ahead of me and I'd like to bring something to watch along for the ride. Got any recommendations? I've seen a lot of stuff, but favorites include Haibane-Renmei, Dennou Coil, and Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Not watching much of the current season outside of Log Horizon.

Here's a few shortish ones you might like.

- Mononoke
- The Tatami Galaxy
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mawaru Penguindrum

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watch The Skull Man and Gurren Lagann.

Mature

So I'm reading a lot of dangerous opinions in the thread to do with Cross Ange. I really feel like the record needs to be set straight on this series in the simplest manner:

Do not watch this show. It's an extremely bad series on basically ever level. I could recommend literally two hundred better anime to watch instead.

If you want to watch bad anime, for some reason, then we have a List for that exact reason. Cross Ange is certainly terrible in some really unique and different ways but that doesn't mean that you should be consuming it any manner for any reason what so ever.

Seriously.
At least someone's taking responsibility.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 9
CAgKGmEXEAA4sL6.jpg

Wow first time he is completely shocked to have a monster defeated. I cant imagine how he will win with this random assortment of cards added (not to mention these people said they keep their best cards on them, surprised some were Spell cards...or weak non effect monsters.

Mine would be stardust dragon, scrapiron scarcrow, or that one spell card that you can pay x level times 1000 to summon a monster from your hand with no tribute.

John Blade

A fun OVA show with good fight scene to watch and tons of nudity sex/rape scene. For storyline, nothing crazy to say here and same with the character development (basically, two dimensional). For animation, it look fine but notice some CGI stuff poking a bit which look out of touch with the rest of the animation. Still, like it for a quick fun watch. Not as good as Mezzo. Going to watch Kite Liberator to finish this.

Sex&VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED (Animator Expo)

Yup, Imaishi directed this alright. Extremely frantic and sexual (further then PSG ever went) The title is even the name of the three characters, like PSG.

I dunno what to think. I mean a guy did a Giga Drill Breaker up a gorillas ass and he turned into Red Hulk wtf do I say to that, I think the last Expo did insane fast talking nonsense better

CDiggity

SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED

Yes....yes it was. Can't exactly knock something for being honest.

Ummm....not much else to say about that besides the fact that if you were expecting something different with that name and Imaishi's name attached to it, you really need to stop thinking in gray sometimes.

Saekano 10
What is this in the noitaminA slot? Is Fuji TV funding this shit? I haven't seen Guilty Crown, but I assume that show is high art compared to this.

A boring production committee:
Aniplex
Fuji Television
Kadokawa - Fujimi Shobo branch (not to be confused with Kadokawa - Shoten branch)
Kyoraku Industrial Holdings
Kansai Television
Dentsu
Good Smile
Cospa

Generally shows with a lot of Fuji funding have Fuji/Aniplex (or other video publisher)/Dentsu/Kansai (perhaps). I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex planned for this to be an ordinary series and Fuji took it on to have content for an extra week of noitaminA.

Shigatsu Wa Kimi final episode spoilers:

I was hoping she would survive, but with the name of the show being what is is it was to be expected. Hit me right in the feels nonetheless. One of the best, most beautiful, touching pieces I've watched in recent times.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was a staff switch around during the ep. 25~ region of Gintama or was it purely the source material finding its "groove" that would explain why it's so well regarded from that point on.

It's been interesting to see it pop up as this unanimously agreed upon thing in this community over the years.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was a staff switch around during the ep. 25~ region of Gintama or was it purely the source material finding its "groove" that would explain why it's so well regarded from that point on.

It's been interesting to see it pop up as this unanimously agreed upon thing in this community over the years.

It more had to do with Gorilla-Sensei (Gintama's Mangaka) and finding his groove by 40ish chapters in. Like the early episodes the early chapters while decent weren't anything amazing, like the chapters/episodes of later.

jman2050

Sex and Violence with Mach Speed

Well that was uh. That was a thing. That was certainly a thing. And most certainly Imaishi.

Fantastic use of simple color schemes nonetheless.

Don't know about the first question, but I'm pretty sure ep 25 doesn't exist in the manga. I could be wrong on that, though.

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 - OAV 03

It was a nice episode full a great sequences

Oumi set a trap but it didn't work.

The "being stuck " gag was excellent... but

ALERT ALERT , EMERGENGY

She doesn't have her camera !!

Call the police , no call the FBI !! Better call the army !!

Please Help !!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A boring production committee:
Aniplex
Fuji Television
Kadokawa - Fujimi Shobo branch (not to be confused with Kadokawa - Shoten branch)
Kyoraku Industrial Holdings
Kansai Television
Dentsu
Good Smile
Cospa

Generally shows with a lot of Fuji funding have Fuji/Aniplex (or other video publisher)/Dentsu/Kansai (perhaps). I wouldn't be surprised if Aniplex planned for this to be an ordinary series and Fuji took it on to have content for an extra week of noitaminA.
I don't get why they decided to pick this winner out of all the shows that must be in production in Japan. I have no idea if the nerd crowd is even into shows like this and Nanana and whatever other crap has aired in the slot.

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 - OAV 03

It was a nice episode full a great sequences
You know, this episode did the harem gag (complete with incest in joke) and a yandere joke, but it does it in a way that makes it much less insufferable than Saekano.

cajunator

Banned
Selected Infector WIXOSS 1

Quote of the episode: "If you eat, the noodles will just make you wet."

Wow, so much exposition. This show seems pretty generic and inoffensive and I don't know what to make of it except for this sneaking suspicion that it's going to turn out to be, like, the card game version of Madoka meets Black Rock Shooter tv or something, or else you people would never have recommended it to me. I am sure that Ru-chan the weirdo loner's beautiful new friendship with ""Tama"" is going to backfire spectacularly soon, and I look forward to the extensive emotional abuse that is inevitably to come. So far my favorite character is Grandma and I really hope that they don't kill her off along the way just to induce emotional trauma in the protagonist. Love that Grandma implies/confirms that this girl is fuckin' delusional for talking to cards and shit.

Grandma wins. GRANDMA ALWAYS WINS.

This show hates the audience and it hates itself.

I don't get why they decided to pick this winner out of all the shows that must be in production in Japan. I have no idea if the nerd crowd is even into shows like this and Nanana and whatever other crap has aired in the slot.

You know, this episode did the harem gag (complete with incest in joke) and a yandere joke, but it does it in a way that makes it much less insufferable than Saekano.
False !

it did 2 yandere jokes

And yeah SYD is much more self aware and genuine than anything saekano will do.
Even if it's very perverted.
Selected Infector WIXOSS 1

Quote of the episode: "If you eat, the noodles will just make you wet."

Wow, so much exposition. This show seems pretty generic and inoffensive and I don't know what to make of it except for this sneaking suspicion that it's going to turn out to be, like, the card game version of Madoka meets Black Rock Shooter tv or something, or else you people would never have recommended it to me. I am sure that Ru-chan the weirdo loner's beautiful new friendship with ""Tama"" is going to backfire spectacularly soon, and I look forward to the extensive emotional abuse that is inevitably to come. So far my favorite character is Grandma and I really hope that they don't kill her off along the way just to induce emotional trauma in the protagonist. Love that Grandma implies/confirms that this girl is fuckin' delusional for talking to cards and shit.

Grandma wins. GRANDMA ALWAYS WINS.
Yep ..This show is a thing of beauty and suffering , the right kind of suffering
This show hates the audience and it hates itself.

On the contrary the show is giving what viewers expected. Glorious crazyness and twists.

Shin Mazinger Z 16-18

Can't say I'm too fond of the second OP compared to the first, but it's still alright. But holy shit at this arc.
Time travel, allying with Baron Ashura, and killing off those guys?
This is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom