• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Hmm looking at that director's MAL resume I'm not quite sure if he stands out, be it positively or negatively. Haven't seen Space Dandy though, though that has many different episode directors, right?

Shingo Natsume is the director of Space Dandy, not just an episode director. Watanabe supervised the scripts and music, while Natsume supervised all the storyboards and the general day-to-day running of the production. He was also the main unit director for FMA Milos, working under Kazuya Murata. The biggest take away from the staff announcement for OPM is that there will probably be a number of people who worked on Space Dandy working on it as well, given how Natsume and Kubota just finished on that show last year. It is not unusual for core staff to bring others with them to another studio on their next project, since most in the industry are freelancers anyway.

DiaLover 2 looks fantastic, otome leads like pancake be too lucky :(
CAh1jhoUgAA7age.jpg

duckroll

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yoshimichi Kameda is involved in OPM. His action animation style would certainly fit the series, and he has worked substantially on many of Natsume's recent projects - FMA Milos, Iron Man Rise of Technovore, Space Dandy.

CDiggity

It probably going to be low budget for most of the time. then they going to spend 80% of episode budget just to make 10 second sakuga.

which what fans probably want anyway

It is amazing how a few seconds of really good animation to a lot of people can outweigh things like terrible writing, a mixed message, more than a few seconds of really bad animation, abysmal storyboarding and stuff like that.

I really hope OPM doesn't turn into a "I will wait for webms of the good stuff" kind of show.

Jarmel

Banned
Um, I really don't have a strong opinion on this. Natsume is extremely good at storyboarding but Space Dandy was so episodic that I really don't have a takeaway into how he'll do with a more linear series like this.

I also don't really trust Madhouse. So, it could have been better and could have been worse.

Defuser

I uhhh whats wrong with Saenai again? I'm just watching for best girl Utaha. The rest can DIAF.

Oh and of course episode 10 is terrible because of the seductive fanservice poses for no apparent reason.

Madhouse is a large studio and the variance in the performance is rather large. I think people should look at the director and decide whether the show will be good or not, instead of mere having comments about the studio.

For example, the overall quality of Parasyte may not be satisfactory, but it is still important to keep in mind that the director takes this post the first time. I would say he performed in line of my expectation. On the other hand, the director of Death Parade is so good that I think everyone should remember his name. The next time his name pops up, you know what you will get from the work.

With this in mind, I look forward to Ore Monogatari in April so much as the track record of the director is nearly perfect.

phaze

Great Teacher Onizuka 29-31
I suppose there's no bigger sign of the story coming to its closing stages then a big, bad boss finally challenging our protagonist in person. Miyabi was always the prime mover behind the attempts to force removal of Onizuka from school but she never bothered to dirty her own hands with dirty work. Here she finally comes out, guns blazing. Really - blackmailing a teacher, stealing school trip money from her fellow student and framing Onizuka. You have to hand it to her, she knows how to up the stakes. If only she didn't flap her mouth in front everyone, she'd almost have a shot at piercing Onizuka's plot armor. With 3 episodes already spent on this arc, I'm starting to fear she will succumb to Eikichi's charms before the end of it. Would be a shame, I hoped she would hold out for a bit longer before inevitably joining the Onizuka church.

It's a bit weird that no one else in the class even bothered to mention they lost a student (did he die or was just expelled ?) in the past year. Seems like Miyabi was the only one who cares about him. Glad to see a callback to earlier episodes with Urehara and Yoshikawa's extended appearances.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange 19-22

Ok, so the episodes keep getting better in this range. It's a shame I have to wait for the episodes a week out now like Log Horizon, so it's going to be a long wait now..

Episode 22 specifically:
Damn, Ange finally got her man back, and finally got laid for real, but it's funny how the author spend 0 time on a true love scene, but has wasn't countless of screentime with lesbianism....
It's amusing that you can see the authors interests so strongly through the story and how it is presented.

The past few episodes have been pretty well written, minus the craziness of the whole thing and I'm looking forward to seeing more as they become available on Crunchy.

cajunator

Banned
This isn't Nisekoi.

NIsekoi doesnt hate itself or the audience >_<

Love Bullet * Lesbian Bear Storm 1

The most appropriately titled anime of all time.
I like how Ikuhara shows toe a fine line between high art and pretentiousness but never really seem to cross it.

Eh, there's a video with just the new footage, it's what most news sites got, but hey it's June posting again (he's not linking ANN so I'm happy, don't get me wrong)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGykrKqGsHQ
Larger key visual pic http://shrani.si/f/3y/Mr/4PZ0MCPp/main.jpg

Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches long PV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJVbuARH2sI

This isnt doing much for me tbh.

FUCK YEAH!

The wait for blurays will be fucking excruciating though. But MAN OH MAN FINALLY! Given Lala in the poster it's easy to guess how far the anime will go, too.

Based XEBEC! HAIL LORD YABUKI!

All bout dat Momo. TOLoveRu would be my guilty pleasure, if I had guilt.

ImoCho 05
Pool ep, her bikini falls off and exposes her thing, good ol' onii-chan to save the day.
AAPjq4Ct.png
4x2O7Pbt.png

what a way to end, on edge of my seat.
ZelC9Zgt.png
btxA7BCt.png

so now even dude can see her.

WHy do you subject yourself to this? Is someone intentionally trying to hurt you?

Fuck.

Summer is going to be the shit guys. So far we have:

Prison School.
Monster Musume.
To Love-Ru Darkness S2.

Be prepared.

Monster girls and alien cuties yes. I dunno about prison school. Im not sure what its about.

I did some youtubeing for.. scientific research, and found an "ice cream" scene. oh my. You are a naughty bear.

he is AWESOMEBEAR :)
ALso Momo was just eating some drippy ice cream. she is messy. Silly Momo.

Non Non Biyori new PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5acy-c1uHPA

Plastic Memories new PV in 2 hours.

Non Non Biyori is so wonderful. It makes my heart happy. It makes my soul free.
http://nyanpass.com/ for life

fertygo

I uhhh whats wrong with Saenai again? I'm just watching for best girl Utaha. The rest can DIAF.

Oh and of course episode 10 is terrible because of the seductive fanservice poses for no apparent reason.

Isn't this harem show? why its would be worst eps with ecchi overload..

cajunator

Banned
image.php

Yabuki is a master of his craft, and XEBEC are the masters of ecchi in these 2010's.

It does not disappoint.

All of the above is true. Xebec knows what its doing!

Plastic Memories PV3 http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k2qhp

ANN pirated a magazine as usual. Shouldn't we ban linking ANN same as manga piracy sites? Just sayin~

Hmmm. Rei and Asuka vibes. I dunno what else to think about this yet. these shows are all starting to blend together.

Arpeggio of blue steel:Ars Nova DC

The first 60mins(recap of TV) is meh which is expected.
Now the new footage(~3 minute opening and ~40 minute after TV) part is pretty good.

Hiei is great and hilarious due to her student council president status.
Also damn, Kugimiya Rie voicing Musashi and rejoice voicing Gunzou's father(Musashi call him father just like manga btw) give me some strange feeling.
Oh and Yamato will 100% show up in 2nd movie, can't wait for that.

phaze

GTO 32

Who the hell borrows a 8 million yen, new Benz to guy who just threw himself under said Benz. Onizuka, you're gullible to a fault. -_-

Doing all that just to get him fired seems like a bit of overkill ...

mdubs

Banned
I generally enjoy this show quite a bit, but this episode didn't do it for me. I wish they hadn't gone out of their way to emphasize the fan service, and somehow I felt the jokes were lacking compared to previous episodes.

Cornbread78

Saekano 0-2:

Ok, no action here, and obviously no true love sory to be had, but hey, this is funny as hell. I mean, LoL funny at times.... I'm wondering where this one will go, outside of the obvious built in spoilers in Episode 0, lol. Why do so many in Anime GAF hate this one anyway?

Ok Episode 3 is pretty damn funny too. This is a good diversion from watching so much Cross Ange lately, lol.

Madoka Magica 1-11 - Hey, this show is surprisingly good. Really interesting art style, good twists, delightfully dark.

Madoka Magica 12 - Alright...I'm not quite sure what happened here, but I guess that makes some sense.

Madoka Magica Rebellion - Now I'm lost. Gonna go read me up a wiki or something.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica 1-11 - Hey, this show is surprisingly good. Really interesting art style, good twists, delightfully dark.

Madoka Magica 12 - Alright...I'm not quite sure what happened here, but I guess that makes some sense.

Madoka Magica Rebellion - Now I'm lost. Gonna go read me up a wiki or something.

sounds about right hehee

Midonin

A Symphogear, another Gatchaman crowds, and another season of Illya.

Reminds me of the summer I first started posting on AnimeGAF regularly.

NeonZ

It more had to do with Gorilla-Sensei (Gintama's Mangaka) and finding his groove by 40ish chapters in. Like the early episodes the early chapters while decent weren't anything amazing, like the chapters/episodes of later.

The anime crew improves too. The first two episodes are anime-only, and are some of the worst in the show, but the later anime-only episodes generally as just as funny as the later manga chapters. Some other episodes basically are half the original manga story, which then leads the other half being taken by anime-only additions, but you wouldn't notice it if you didn't know their original source.

Edit; There's a director change, but it's much later, in the early 100s, after an arc focused on the Shinsengumi. The original director still continues in some kind of supervisor position though.

phaze

So I guess the fall BONES anime is probably going to be the long rumored DtB S3 (god fucking damn it).

Good, I will manage to watch the first two seasons till then.

Detailed breakdown of Rebellion. Spoilers inside.

Jarmel

Banned
What makes you say that? I have zero hope for a third season turning out good
but I'd probably watch it anyway

They're supposed to have four shows this years; three adaptations and one original. We already got the three adaptations. They updated their website with a picture of a cat under their works section(Mao) and some sketches of Hei have been floating around for the longest time. We might get something out of left field instead but I'm expecting the worst.

duckroll

Animator Expo 14 - Sex and Violence with Machspeed

Imaishi + drugs = Loooooooool. Yeah that's pretty much what I got out of this. Can't believe he actually went all the way at the end and (literally!) hammered everyone over the head with the message of "sex dolls are people too". Smh.

Jarmel

Banned

Imaishi + drugs = Loooooooool. Yeah that's pretty much what I got out of this. Can't believe he actually went all the way at the end and (literally!) hammered everyone over the head with the message of "sex dolls are people too". Smh.

It really is the opposite of MeMeMe in that it's an endorsement of otaku culture in a way.

cajunator

Banned

Armitage III already did that, and Chobits kind of did afterwards.

Mendrox

FUCK YEAH!

The wait for blurays will be fucking excruciating though. But MAN OH MAN FINALLY! Given Lala in the poster it's easy to guess how far the anime will go, too.

Based XEBEC! HAIL LORD YABUKI!

Isn't that just the anime poster for one of the covers back then? That is no loli Lala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom