• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Cinderella Girls 10

I get it. This series isn't just about the girls striving for idoldom, it's about the Producer learning to be less of a walking stoic wall, and to become more... human. He's not there yet, but he's making progress. Seeing Mika again was a nice touch, and Kirari is fun in any scene she's in. Only a few girls left who haven't made a unit/solo debut, chief among then Miku.

Shirobako 23

Somewhat delayed, but worth it. There was a lot going on in here. A battle to the top of a building. A discussion about death of the author and character interpretation, and how being faithful can be done by the letter, but that doesn't mean that a director/writer and the creator of the source will agree on what the point of the story is. And it's about how original characters can be a really great thing after all - after all, Dekomori was a new character, and she was clearly one stepping stone on Sumire Uesaka's meteoric rise to success, just as Lucy was here.

Aerial Girls looks to have a C3-like sense of melancholy about it, but not a C3-like sense of surrealness. Still, if it was a real anime, I'd watch it - and going by the home video releases, in a few months, I almost certainly will.

This season continues the road to wrapping up.

jman2050

Shirobako 23

That was so totally worth the wait. Kinoshita is a boss and is hilarious.
Funny story, the editor is a douche! Kinoshita and Nogame have a heart-to-heart and resolve the differences in how they view the story. The compromise solution? TOKEN LITTLE SISTER PLOT DEVICE CHARACTER GO.

That final scene though. Oi-chan's reaction to zuka-chan-senpai walking in and all throughout her performance was just gut-wrenching. But in a good way! Definitely in a good way.

I will be sad when this show ends next week,.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shirobako Episode 23:

It seems to be raining today. Indeed, this was certainly what many predicted but sometimes that is the right choice. I liked how things played out without feeling contrived or forced and there were moments here that were IMMENSELY satisfying. As it was last year, Shriobako is a candidate for my AOTY and will probably appear somewhere on the 2015 list. I will miss this series when it wraps up next week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Season 2, Episode 11:

I will say Darby made for a refreshing change from the usual stand user of the week and also served as a good hype job for how powerful Lord Dio is at this point.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I need to read One-Punch Man. Saw the first couple of chapters around a year ago and turned me off as to how childish/weak it looked but apparently its the greatest thing ever.

/XX/

That final scene though. Oi-chan's reaction to zuka-chan-senpai walking in and all throughout her performance was just gut-wrenching. But in a good way! Definitely in a good way.
It feels to me like Aoi's (& many viewers') shock was certainly accentuated by Zuka not showing a bit of agitation or missing any beat, SHE NAILED IT... and without much of the experience needed to obtain nerves of steel like those. Desperation wouldn't have worked on her favour and instead we got a calm act, so failure did surely mature her on this case. Most surprising thing about it, really, but to hit the emotional 'home run' effectively in one scene alone it worked wonders!

Cornbread78

Saekano 3-6

Alright this show is pretty damn entertaining. I think I get the who harem theme here and it's unfortuantely, there is no true "love story" but it is pretty funny, the whole "Make me a man" part had me laughing pretty damn good....

Once I finish this over the weekend, I will check out Accel World idf it is on Crunchy

jbug617

Banned
DTL I think you would like this
k3ds.jpg

Too bad it's Japan only via Lottery
GoHands is collaborating with Japanese retailer Animate to release a limited edition Nintendo 3DS system with a K anime original design. The system will be available through lottery and will be limited to 100 units. Participants in the "Animate Game Festival" from April 23 through March 31 can enter the lottery by trading points earned from preordering games at Animate stores throughout Japan.

Jex

Saekano 0-2:

Ok, no action here, and obviously no true love sory to be had, but hey, this is funny as hell. I mean, LoL funny at times.... I'm wondering where this one will go, outside of the obvious built in spoilers in Episode 0, lol. Why do so many in Anime GAF hate this one anyway?

Ok Episode 3 is pretty damn funny too. This is a good diversion from watching so much Cross Ange lately, lol.

But, but you're supposed to watch hundreds of crappy anime over several years before you watch this show.

Garo - 23

I think this was a great episode. The fight with Freckles was good, I especially liked when they fought on the wood ledge. A nice moment when Leon grabbed something to hold on to, and he saw it was
Germans dagger ;_;
With pretty much everyone
at deaths door
I can't wait for next week, and what cliffhanger they're going to make for season 2. Also that Anima gives me Evangelion vibes.

Jex

I have to say this week has been pretty amazing with YuriKuma, KimiUso, JoJo, and Shirobako all hitting the right notes.

Sure, that's true although I feel like all those shows have been doing pretty well this season anyway. Death Parade 9 probably had the best episode of the season for me.

Binbō-gami ga! / Good Luck Girl 13/Series review

CAj9WleUQAAe8SR.jpg:large

Shoutout to Dezner to recommending this series to me! I've been so behind on anime I'm watching stuff from a few years back but who cares :p

Anyway, series was a lot crazier than I anticipated. They couldn't have made Sakura more dislikable to begin with, and Momiji stayed adorable pretty much throughout the whole thing. Where the series really shined was its side characters. Momou (pictured above) Bobby, Ranmaru, Yamabuki (which I wish we saw more of) and last but not least, the beautiful Nadeshiko (see my avatar xD)

Sometimes I'm really upset when I come across a series I enjoy and it's only 13 episodes. but then had it been doubled, would it have dipped? Hard to say, but it was a fun ride.

So...what do I watch next? >_>

Totakeke

Sure, that's true although I feel like all those shows have been doing pretty well this season anyway. Death Parade 9 probably had the best episode of the season for me.

I still don't know what to make of Death Parade, the tone is all over the place and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh when it goes all ham.

cajunator

Banned
Binbō-gami ga! / Good Luck Girl 13/Series review

CAj9WleUQAAe8SR.jpg:large

Shoutout to Dezner to recommending this series to me! I've been so behind on anime I'm watching stuff from a few years back but who cares :p

Anyway, series was a lot crazier than I anticipated. They couldn't have made Sakura more dislikable to begin with, and Momiji stayed adorable pretty much throughout the whole thing. Where the series really shined was its side characters. Momou (pictured above) Bobby, Ranmaru, Yamabuki (which I wish we saw more of) and last but not least, the beautiful Nadeshiko (see my avatar xD)

Sometimes I'm really upset when I come across a series I enjoy and it's only 13 episodes. but then had it been doubled, would it have dipped? Hard to say, but it was a fun ride.

So...what do I watch next? >_>

This show is so hilarious. I loved it a lot. Have you watched Sabagebu?

Baalzebup

Lol, so is this an acceptable series to watch? Well, there is only 4 episodes left unfortunately, correct?

Just take Cajunators earlier words to heart and watch whatever. Jexhius is obviously joking, but there is no "acceptable to watch" list of anime.

Listening to recommendations on what to watch and what to avoid is fine, but in the end, you are the one consuming and hopefully, enjoying what you watch. The phase to start watching shitty stuff for their shittiness alone comes later :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Assassiation Classroom Episode 10:

This episode was dedicated to giving Vitch some much needed depth, which has been needed. Though I will note she still doesn't have enough going on for her to carry a complete episode so we also get a short which will introduce new people for new reasons.

What the fuck is this shit? Like what is this abomination, holy shit at this quality.

Manga
VWChvN5.jpg

>Strong, well defined jaw
>Strong neck
>Big eyes
>Wide shoulders
>Plans his attacks

Anime
5FyDoTm.jpg

>Overly long face
>Pointy chin
>No jaw
>Tiny eyes
>Hair looks completely different
>Mega neck to jaw ratio
>Scrawny
>Even the glasses look the same
>Spams IXA

I understand that it's near impossible to recreate a Manga artist's art 1:1 but to not even at least get some of the details and design is just sad. This is probably one of the biggest things I wanted from the Tokyo Ghoul adaptation even with my expectations fuckin low. And once again Pierrot fucked up again and gave me this shit. The Arima from the manga looks sadistic and intimidating, but the anime version he looks like a wimpy dorito.

Dead

well not really...yet
So I guess the fall BONES anime is probably going to be the long rumored DtB S3 (god fucking damn it).
I didnt even know there were rumours of a season 3. Whats been said?

A PR anime would be gross as fuck. Shit movie. DTB 3 would actually be preferable.

Midonin

GARO -Seal of Flames- 23

During the six month gap while Goldstorm is on the air, I plan to watch at least one of the original toku series. This has been a good starting point for the franchise - and Leon and Alfonso both had some good fighting going on this week. That final Horror is freaky as hell.

Isuca 09

That's Sakuya's grandma? She's still got it going on after all these years.

Fafnir 11

Dammit.
Honoka was a spy all along, the same villain from the previous arc.
Also, I can't be the only one who sees "NIFL" as "NFL" every time, right?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What the fuck is this shit? Like what is this abomination, holy shit at this quality.

I understand that it's near impossible to recreate a Manga artist's art 1:1 but to not even at least get some of the details and design is just sad. This is probably one of the biggest things I wanted from the Tokyo Ghoul adaptation even with my expectations fuckin low. And once again Pierrot fucked up again and gave me this shit. The Arima from the manga looks sadistic and intimidating, but the anime version he looks like a wimpy dorito.

That's why I dropped it, the quality and attention to detail was not even half of what the manga is.

Clov

Sentai just picked up the Atelier Escha and Logy anime. Can't say I saw that coming.

Hopefully that rumor of them picking up Paranoia Agent will pan out some other time.

Conan-san

Sex and Violence with Machspeed-

Pure unfiltered Imaishi. No other way to describe it. Man is completely depraved.

Whole thing was just a straight "Fuck you" to Me!Me!Me!
I'm not quite sure about that (though Me!Me!Me! is in dire need of a verbal dress down). Things (like, for example, my mind) were hella fucked though.

Midonin

Sentai just picked up the Atelier Escha and Logy anime. Can't say I saw that coming.
In the narrow category of "non-kids' anime that haven't been simulcast in the past few seasons", this and Jinsei have been been claimed. The only one that hasn't is Amagi.

If some company picked up Amagi and, for the hell of it, Hyouka, the reactions would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom