• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Why can't we get more cool Romanov Higa projects like this? feelsbad

You should check out the tank police thing he did too which is somewhere between URDA and this in quality.
Yeah that'll be the next short CG thing I check out.

My favorite part of Catblue Dynamite is when the black guy adlibs a line about "J-Lo-lookin' felines," breaking the 1970s TV show illusion.
based romanov

qcf x2

Really, the whole Jill sequence was absolutely disgusting on every conceivable level. Completely deplorable. That's the worst character assassination I've seen in a long ass time.

So in other words, a Tuesday in Cross Ange.

While not what I had hoped for, I'm fine with the decision to do that to her.
She's broken--they're all broken, but she more than any of them--and it can be boiled down to addiction. She fought it off for a long time by using the company of others and hatching a revenge plan, she relapsed, got herself together w/ the help of others, made it to him, then just fell apart in the face of the very drug that destroyed her long ago. Addictions are a bitch, psychological addictions even more so, and very abusive relationships (unfortunately) play out that way sometimes.

Of all the shit the show has done wrong, Jill's fall isn't something I would call disgusting or deplorable. The show is about psychological (and eventually physiological and even physical) manipulation from the very beginning. She was a victim of extreme abuse, brainwashed from the start.

BakedYams said:
Made it to episode 30 of Hunter X Hunter, this show is too damn good and not generic (as I'd worry) at all. I really gotta watch Saekano eventually, best show of the season.

I recently super binged on this show, and it dulls the taste for anything else. It's that good.

Dead

well not really...yet
About 5 episodes into Aldnoah Zero

How is this show so logical? It makes sense and the character actions are too rational.

It goes off the deep end at some point right? I mean it has to.

Mushishi 21

TPF8XxR.jpg
lnShJnl.jpg

This episode has to be one of the most messed up themes so far in Mushishi.
Children raised by the parents only to be a parasite that needs to be killed? I can only guess what their mother was feeling.

The flashback/opening to the episode was a bit confusing and I'm not sure why they bothered with that but otherwise another strong episode.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Shirobako 8

Dat baking image is seared into my retinas

Ema still moe as fuck. dat cat motion

Ping Pong 8

every second was packed with action. this what action shows should fucking be.

Kong ;_;

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 18

Pretty good. Family relationships at the heart of the show once again, and this time their pretty strained. Pretty well done, but pretty standard.

Parasyte 8

Yep, totally spider-man now. now it's just a question of which of these girls is Mary Jane or Gwen.

This shits hilarious.

Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)

Yo, this looked amazing. Not really anything more than a tech demo, but if this is what the live-action Eva movie would look like, sign me the fuck up.

Blood-C 8

'hey I know you just sliced a giant beetle sword monster dude in half, but is that your blood?'

gfs_87491_2_47.jpg

help me gaf

You're covered in blood LET ME HUG YOU

Does she have to clean up like this every night? lol, here have my hankerchief?

'Why are you carrying that sword everywhere?' I...is this fucker for real? I...I can't.

'You're everything to me. You're it.' You just like started getting to know her like a few days ago, Romeo.

THIS BIRD CAGE HAS NO BIRDS YET I MUST STROKE IT

this dude loves to hug

what is writing, how does character

'Rubber ducky, you're the one, you m-' OMG NO FUCK WE WENT SO LONG WITHOUT SINGING FUCK

you totally gonna get fucked up

'and did you hear about the Policeman' not like, a name or anything, just that one policeman that we both know exactly who we're talking about.

errbody getting fucked up by the purble crab spider thimg

't...they're dead?' Yes. Yes they are. Very observant and reactionary of you.

You know, you could be saving them right now, sword girl. You're doing a shitty fucking job.

Arjuna 8

No more word hate...you're killing me with your WORDS

They gave the meriken burger logo the most shiteating grin possible. get it? shiteating? YOU'RE ALL NATURE CRIMINALS

now we're beyond just fast food eaters are scum, now meat eaters are scum too. bravo

surprised they didn't go all anti-makeup too.

Tokio's got an AR15? lol

and here's this weird V8 juice commercial again

lol zombie juna

are tokio and juna supposed to be like a metaphor for the earth and people? lol

this episode was actually decent because it was actually focusing on character building and development and not being a preachy piece of shit.

How is this show so logical? It makes sense and the character actions are too rational.

Wasn't that the same episode that had a training mech being strong enough to grapple with superior Martian technology?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Reached episode 36 in HxH. What in the actual fuck is Hisoka on? The schwing thing made me lose it yet feel disturbed at the same time. I knew the character was insane to begin with but god damn, he cemented even further with his jojo-esque mannerisms.

Mushishi 22

Mothers and family seem to be a strong theme these past two episodes.
Drowning someone in order to be reborn... Raising the rebirth of your mother as your own child... Would the constant rebirth of loved ones really be better than accepting their death? I don't know... Personally I would accept my own death but I could not bear the death of my loved ones.
I'm just selfish I suppose.

Shin Mazinger Z 23

New upgrades for everyone! But walking straight into a trap is kind of...

Shin Mazinger Z 24

Surprise, surprise, the trap turned out to be a trap. I don't quite remember episode 1, but it looks like it's approaching it.

Shin Mazinger Z 25

Alright, so it's back to episode one now. Holy shit, that's a fucking huge Mazinger Army.

Shin Mazinger Z 26

This entire fucking episode. Holy shit. Fucking HUNDRED ROCKET PUNCH BARRAGE. And I fucking love it when they play the first opening during the final fight, especially during that last BIG BANG PUNCH.

And fucking Ashura with the double ruse. Did it really just end on that?

Theonik

Mushishi 22

Mothers and family seem to be a strong theme these past two episodes.
Drowning someone in order to be reborn... Raising the rebirth of your mother as your own child... Would the constant rebirth of loved ones really be better than accepting their death? I don't know... Personally I would accept my own death but I could not bear the death of my loved ones.
I'm just selfish I suppose.
You say that but you might not do it when the time comes.
Fear of death only becomes worse as its reality dawns on you.

[Yatterman Night] - 10

I suppose this all comes about from the decision to turn a fairly wacky 70's kids show into a series dystopian drama. Those two elements are inherently at odds with each other and that conflict of differing thematic tone is inescapable.

And that kind of inconsistent tone is one reason this fascinates me so much. It tries to stay true to its roots despite taking it in a vastly darker direction.

That and the role reversal itself is such a neat concept to me. The way it plays on nostalgia while subverting everything is pretty cool. And of course, it could be substituted for a lot of things and end up equally as cool (at its base).

Imagine something like this done with Pokemon. The descendants of Team Rocket are exiled to an island where they yearn for the world ruled by Ash, but accept that the sins of their ancestors prevent them from going there. But circumstances lead them there anyway and they see the world for what it really is, a dystopia ruled by Ash and Pikachu mechs with all types of malnourished Pokemon stolen from their trainers and forced into hard labor. The Team Rocket descendants vow to protect the world from devastation and unite the "evils" and all that bullshit, recruiting the actual descendants of Ash along the way. Then they find out Giovanni was behind it all! And throughout the journey, there's still a bunch of humor sprinkled in with posing and whatnot.

I imagine that's a good comparison for the west. It's something that must be both jarring and awesome for the Japanese fanbase that grew up with the franchise.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not finalized, but I'm glad that we're getting closer to it releasing in the UK. The date on Amazon is December 2015 but I'm sure that's a placeholder hahah...right?
I'll try and see this at the local Picture Projectorial Place this week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I would much rather watch Yatterman Night then Casshern Sins, a remake that forgot the lighter side and was just dreadful for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And that kind of inconsistent tone is one reason this fascinates me so much. It tries to stay true to its roots despite taking it in a vastly darker direction.

That and the role reversal itself is such a neat concept to me. The way it plays on nostalgia while subverting everything is pretty cool. And of course, it could be substituted for a lot of things and end up equally as cool (at its base).

Imagine something like this done with Pokemon. The descendants of Team Rocket are exiled to an island where they yearn for the world ruled by Ash, but accept that the sins of their ancestors prevent them from going there. But circumstances lead them there anyway and they see the world for what it really is, a dystopia ruled by Ash and Pikachu mechs with all types of malnourished Pokemon stolen from their trainers and forced into hard labor. The Team Rocket descendants vow to protect the world from devastation and unite the "evils" and all that bullshit, recruiting the actual descendants of Ash along the way. Then they find out Giovanni was behind it all! And throughout the journey, there's still a bunch of humor sprinkled in with posing and whatnot.

I imagine that's a good comparison for the west. It's something that must be both jarring and awesome for the Japanese fanbase that grew up with the franchise.

Take a look at the Power Rangers remake thing. Yatterman is how you do the "dark" reboot if you were to reboot a franchise in that manner. Self-aware, not to serious, and mostly still light in tone.

The twist was something special though. I'm really curious how Japanese fans took it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 90

Yes indeed we have arrived at last Hulu watchers to what is considered to be the best season of Sailor Moon, not sure about that as my watching of Sailor Moon S is disjointed and sporadic since I hated the changes made for the Cartoon Network version. More on that as we progress this season. First off we get a new version of Moonlight Densetsu done by an outfit called Moon Lips. I do admit it takes some getting used to after 89 episodes of the old version but it is not too dissimilar that I can't enjoy it. At any rate, we begin this season with a premonition that the world is going to end and the Sailor Guardians are going to end up destroyed and turned to stone for some reason. This is still a less horrifying opening then starting with Chibi-Usa.

Seems this glimpse into the future is only being viewed by Rei and it is giving her an ulcer. Everybody else is getting over entrance exams, which is a thing Japanese high school prospects have to engage in. Well, except for Rei, at least that is how it should go since she goes to a privately run Catholic school that doesn't do entrance exams. Anyway, on the dour note, the villains of the season make their grand entrance as well.
I will say that Tomoe is one of, if not my favorite villain of the anime series.
Anyway, this mad scientist and his assistant Kalonite are looking for three talismans that will light the path to the holy grail and then of course the world. This leads to our McGuffin of the season, pure hearts and the Daimons that will extract them for examination.

Rei is the first target of this new cabal and she is blindsided, the troops are quickly rallied but Sailor Moon S wants you to know this is a new season, so it is time for all of the old powers to be about as useless as week old underwear. Indeed everybody is decimated until the run-in occurs. Well, that is to say mysterious powers as a pair of shadowy onlookers examine the pure heart before returning it.
I'll talk more about Hakura and Michiru in depth once we get further into the season.
Anyway, this is a strong start the establishes both the new stakes and the dark tone rather superbly and it is much a much better start then what either arc of Sailor Moon R saw. Strongest recommendation to watch.

Mendrox

Seven deadly sins - 23

Did what i think happenned , really happen ?

So the explanations for many mysteries during the show were there , in front of us , the whole time. i can accept that.

But that guy deserve the most intense and impressive beating ever given in a shonen anime after what he just did.

Don't let me down , episode 24 !

Noo ;__;

Well Episode 24 will have some serious shit going on. Is Nanatsu going for 26 episodes? I somehow remember the manga being different at that point... have they skipped the short breather part in that battle?

phaze

Jesus Phaze. Gonna have to put back Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and steamroll through my anime list to catch up to you.

Hah don't worry about it. By the way, it looks like I saddled you with a combo that is 3 more episodes longer than GTO so feel free to slap me with something near that length to bridge the gap.

It already did!

^ What he said. But it was a certain event in your near vicinity that made me finally realise what kind of show this is and lose any hope I had left for it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 91

Right, so we in the second episode of the S season and par for the course the formula returns as the enemy has been given a name, The Death Busters as they restate their goals for world domination. This time the monster of the week attack a random little girl who takes care of stray cats and none of this is interesting in the least. What is interesting is that after two god damned season of bullshit, this series is finally forced to deal with Mamoru and Usagi as a couple and it is a refreshing change of pace. Also, this episode gives us one of his more hideous shirts. Anyway, the typical happens and since we are still dealing with the powers of last season, the team gets an asskicking until the shadow guardians appear again to sort of save the guardians, but that is incidental to the goal of talisman examination and general standoffishness towards the other guardians. Anyway, the real upshot of this episode is to give Sailor Moon her upgrade of the season and I will say even the stock footage seems to have gotten a budget and animation increase this season. Anyway, this episode is mildly recommended since it has importance to the overarching story this season.

phaze

Strike Witches 6

A touching tale of how Russia and Finland belong together. And should they ever get separated because of Finland's fault, Russia will be always there to welcome her back and embrace her.

I might be reading too much into it.

There were already flashes of CG for the witches earlier but this episode had like 3 minutes of it. This is not okay.

Great Teacher Onizuka 35

An episodic story that with its reliance on a simple and predictable misunderstanding didn't do much for me. At least Onizuka finally found the girl of his dreams and married her.
tumblr_mqmearaUrB1sctqz3o1_250.gif

CorvoSol

Patlabor The New Files: 12

So now that I'm over Cross Ange being the spiraling inferno of inescapable bullshit that it surely is (and thanking Kira that they didn't bother to slap Gundam on the front of it), let's talk about a much, much better Mecha anime. Patlabor.

Patlabor's kind of quirky. Sometimes episodes go by in which nobody mounts up in a giant robot and bulldozes anything. You might instead call it a cop show, or a romantic comedy, or a slice of hilarious 1990s fashion. Seriously, everybody tucks their shirt in. Between Patlabor and Sailor Moon I'm 90sing out. I'm even watching Twin Peaks just so I can live in the 1990s even more so.

Anyway, the major goal here is to really comment on how Patlabor manages to deliver satisfactory relationship drama and humor by withholding almost as much as possible. It could just be that I have a preference for this method of developing relationships. I like to see relationships begin heavily constrained until they slowly give way.

The Set Up

Patlabor focuses on Captain Kiichi Goto's Division 2 of the Special Vehicles Section 2 of the Tokyo Police Department. Goto is a deadpan bachelor who tends to monotonously snark at his rag-tag band of officers. One of his many stand-out traits is that Goto is hopelessly, silently pining for his fellow captain: Shinobu Nagumo. Shinobu is the much more professional captain of the equally more competent Division 1. We're about 50 episodes into this series and we know Goto's feelings for Shinobu, but we don't know her feelings for him.

Prior to the beginning of this episode Goto and Shinobu attended a two-day conference off-base. At the conference's award dinner, Shinobu attempts to leave early but trips and sprains her ankle. Goto, planning on skipping out himself, offers to drive her back. They get caught in a hurricane, unable to leave the city, and the plot begins.

The Highlight

mPRkaKV.png

Get it? Hotel Sin-derella.

Goto takes Shinobu to a love hotel. He provides the excuse that any major hotel in town will have people from the conference, risking humiliation for both of them. The ensuing scene allows us to see Shinobu in a light we've never seen her before in the show. Antics ensue in the hotel, but they're extremely reserved ones. The most 'anime' it gets is when Goto attempts to sneak into the antechamber of the shower, only to have Shinobu waiting inside, expecting his prank. Other than that the gags include "see-through shower walls," "only one blanket" "how do I work the buttons on the bed?" and the room looking like a storybook castle, prompting Goto's quip: "I didn't know you were into this kind of stuff, Shinobu."

The entire scene is fraught with tension, and Goto continues to strike out with Shinobu. He's not coming on to her physically, being a creep or anything of that sort. Indeed, aside from the quips to attempt to relieve the tension, the entire thing feels more like a sleep over than two coworkers in a love hotel. Goto attempts to convince Shinobu to relax, to have a beer, and to just talk to him. Each time, though, she throws up more walls.

What's impressive about this entire ordeal is that we never hear Shinobu tell Goto how she's feeling, and Goto, for his part, never says how he feels, either. They dance around saying it once or twice, but nobody ever spits it out. Patlabor's a show of not spitting things out, really. Instead, we're left to read body language and visual cues to really get a handle for it. I should note ahead of time that this really isn't the most visually stunning episode of Patlabor, but that it manages to express and convey so much with so little really makes it stand out to me.

One final thing, before we go in, is this: Shinobu's twisted ankle places her in a situation of physical vulnerability that reflects the emotional vulnerability through which she passes in this episode. It's not unfair to question the sexual politics of placing a woman into this situation inside a Love Hotel, but for a woman of such intense professionalism as Capt. Nagumo, I think it makes for an interesting break from the normal.

uSbF66Q.png

xsNcQxZ.png

Top: The aforementioned ankle
Bottom: Goto and Shinobu in Pajamas

In continuation with this theme of visuals cuing us in on the characters' personalities, consider the nightwear of Goto versus Shinobu. Goto is dressed in a loose fitting bathrobe, presumably provided by the hotel, while Shinobu is wearing pajamas she personally retrieved from her bag back in the car. This indicates, among other things, their professional attitudes, concern for the situation and, most of all, the relative emotional state both find themselves in. Goto's robe is open, because he's relaxed and a little hopeful. Shinobu's buttoned and covered up because she's still on-guard, one more wall she's thrown up between her and Goto. It's notable that not only does she reject his offer for a drink, she flat-out turns down his attempts at conversation.

All of this paints Shinobu as someone who doesn't like Goto, and if she's cross with him, she's not without justification in this episode.

When they first arrive at the Love Hotel, it's clear that she's uneasy. Goto is either incredibly dense for bringing her to this place in the first place, or just a lot lazier emotionally than I'd figured him for. I'm leaning on the former, though, for the following reason.

In one of the very few attempts Shinobu makes to reciprocate Goto's friendly attitude, she asks him for tea. Goto responds with "Nah, I'll just have a beer!" and wanders off for some booze. The above gif is her response. The woman's doing her best not to freak out. It's his fault they're in this situation, and now he's put her here, so it makes sense that she'd blame him at least a little. What's all the more impressive, then, is that as the situation unfolds, we learn that she really doesn't hate him at all.

The Scene

After light's out, Goto gets up to check on Shinobu. He walks over to her bed, stands over her as he thinks she sleeps, and then returns to his bed. Shinobu herself doesn't relax and sleep until he's left. The first half of the scene looks a little sinister. Goto's full of longing, and the way the light plays off his face it looks a bit like he's being tempted. All the same, he relents and returns to the sofa.

However, after an episode of being given reasons to expect that Shinobu doesn't like Goto, that she doesn't return his feelings in any way, shape, or form, something rather unexpected happens.

She rolls over.

She sits up.

Walks on her wounded foot out of the shadowy side of the room toward Goto.

Leans in close.

And replaces his blanket.

Maybe it's just me, but I found this about a million times sexier than any of the crass tits and ass bombarding the viewer in shows like Cross Ange and Build Fighters Try. An episode of getting turned down building up to a single act of kindness so completely simple and unimportant, yet so full of meaning to the characters. The look on Goto's face the whole time. The transition from that grim, dark expression he had less than a minute before to the peaceful, sleepy look.

Wrapping this up, the point is that I really do think that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" in the sense that the absence of romance makes the amount that shows up all the more meaningful when properly withheld, and I think that Patlabor really is a show everybody should watch.

Cornbread78

random question. Does anyone know where you go to enter the 48 hour code on Crunchy? Someone was nice enough to send me one, but I cannot find a way to apply it to my account..

cajunator

Banned
Thanks, heard Baka Test was decent same with Date. Watched the first bit of Ass Class but didn't care for it. Maybe I'll give it amother chance.

What would you recommend then?

Any other recommendations for Funi app?

Baka and Test is pretty fun. Several seasons and OVAs.

Catblue Dynamite

Another Romanov Higa thing I've been meaning to check out since URDA. He definitely came a long way in just a few years. It's really low budget compared to most CG productions these days but it's still one of the best looking I've seen thanks to Romanov's use of layouts and frame modulation to give everything a sense of weight. It also helps that the character models blend into their environments thanks to the lack of faux anime black outlines surrounding them.

As for the thing itself, it's a weird 70s crime serial involving two drug runners, a catgirl and her ghost partner, and an organized crime gang looking for a Sinatra tape. It sounds bizarre and dumb but it actually works really well. I don't know if this was made with english in mind but it definitely fit the setting and the lip sync went a long way in making it feel natural. It even does this cool media in res thing where this was billed as episode 5!

oh and there was two dumb music video things at the end with some japanese idol cosplaying as the catgirl ._.

This is like my favorite best kept secret. Ive seen this at least 100 times no exaggeration. This had major potential but Romanov never did anything further with it. As it stands, its a marvelously witty piece of 70s exploitation and dripping with style. Cat blue is adorable and a badass. Her origin story is way farfetched though but who cares because she can shoot 3 guns at once.
Also that song NEEDS some sort of official release in its entirety because its practically wasted.

My favorite part of Catblue Dynamite is when the black guy adlibs a line about "J-Lo-lookin' felines," breaking the 1970s TV show illusion.

Yeah that always struck an odd chord in an otherwise pretty accurately 70s movie.

Shirobako 8

Dat baking image is seared into my retinas

Ema still moe as fuck. dat cat motion

Ping Pong 8

every second was packed with action. this what action shows should fucking be.

Kong ;_;

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 18

Pretty good. Family relationships at the heart of the show once again, and this time their pretty strained. Pretty well done, but pretty standard.

Parasyte 8

Yep, totally spider-man now. now it's just a question of which of these girls is Mary Jane or Gwen.

This shits hilarious.

Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)

Yo, this looked amazing. Not really anything more than a tech demo, but if this is what the live-action Eva movie would look like, sign me the fuck up.

Blood-C 8

'hey I know you just sliced a giant beetle sword monster dude in half, but is that your blood?'

gfs_87491_2_47.jpg

help me gaf

You're covered in blood LET ME HUG YOU

Does she have to clean up like this every night? lol, here have my hankerchief?

'Why are you carrying that sword everywhere?' I...is this fucker for real? I...I can't.

'You're everything to me. You're it.' You just like started getting to know her like a few days ago, Romeo.

THIS BIRD CAGE HAS NO BIRDS YET I MUST STROKE IT

this dude loves to hug

what is writing, how does character

'Rubber ducky, you're the one, you m-' OMG NO FUCK WE WENT SO LONG WITHOUT SINGING FUCK

you totally gonna get fucked up

'and did you hear about the Policeman' not like, a name or anything, just that one policeman that we both know exactly who we're talking about.

errbody getting fucked up by the purble crab spider thimg

't...they're dead?' Yes. Yes they are. Very observant and reactionary of you.

You know, you could be saving them right now, sword girl. You're doing a shitty fucking job.

Arjuna 8

No more word hate...you're killing me with your WORDS

They gave the meriken burger logo the most shiteating grin possible. get it? shiteating? YOU'RE ALL NATURE CRIMINALS

now we're beyond just fast food eaters are scum, now meat eaters are scum too. bravo

surprised they didn't go all anti-makeup too.

Tokio's got an AR15? lol

and here's this weird V8 juice commercial again

lol zombie juna

are tokio and juna supposed to be like a metaphor for the earth and people? lol

this episode was actually decent because it was actually focusing on character building and development and not being a preachy piece of shit.

Watching this develop has been a joy and it is about to come to a head hehee

cajunator

Banned

nightmares

Pocket Monsters XY 64

tI6rOMS.png

ex5ORLK.png

Who would
evolve
their
Fokko
? Unacceptable.

kyoani saving anime as always

She is definitely cuter this way!

Gorilla sucks.

I really loved Santa Company so I might put some money into this project too. Its an intriguing little idea.

javac

Patlabor is my favorite series without a doubt and Episode 12, Two in Karuizawa is probably my favorite episode out of them all, although it's hard to choose. Episode 14, Snow Rondo from The New Files is also a favorite of mine, and maybe joint first. Its weird because The New Files probably ended up containing my favorite of the Patlabor episodes. I envy people watching the series for the first time, because it's an amazing ride.

When I watched it way back when, I started off with the TV Timeline, since I felt that watching the whole TV series and the The New Files first would allow me to fall in love with the characters before getting into the Film timeline and I think that worked out well in the end. The films are amazing standalone as is, but it helped that I was totally infatuated with Nagumo and Goto well before starting the films :)

So yeah, in case anyone wasn't sure if the alternate dimensions in Arc-V were the actual universes of other yugioh shows, or just strong throwbacks, this is apparently a thing that is happening http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...characters-to-appear-in-yu-gi-oh-arc-v/.86275

Wonder if they'' bring in characters from any other yugioh series

Havent met Crow yet in the 5D's anime...but Im glad to see Jack Atlus, but where is Yusei. Maybe the universe will collapse if even the YGO leads meet up since the show still seems to want to prevent Yuuya and Yuugo from being in the same area.

The group Gekidan Niagara will perform the show's new opening theme "Hanate" (Release), while BOYS AND MEN will perform the new ending theme "ARC of Smile!."

I will miss Future Fighter, the va's are so good.

BOYS and MEN did a song for Why Cant Seiya Todoin Get a Girlfriend (TV drama) I believe, so I cant wait to here their song for this.

Respect

I had a question....there was an anime movie I saw about 20ish years ago, back when the Scifi channel would run an anime movie on Saturday morning.

It had an AI that humans created eliminating humanity and there was a half human/half machine guy as the protagonist. He couldn't had vague memories of his human life, but he was mostly machine like in his lack of emotion. The AI's leader was a machine general that kinda reminded me of M. Bison.

I know this might be a little vague, but can anyone identify the name of the anime? Remembered it a couple days ago and have been racking my brain trying to figure it out, did some google searches but that didn't help.

Figure if no one here has any idea, I'm just giving up.

Saudades

Patlabor The New Files: 12
I should get back on this and the TV show. Goto is one of the most based characters I've ever seen and one of my favs.

Tried to watch the TV show after finishing the movie storyline but after the first 3 ep the drop in production value (unfair comparing it to movies but oh well) and the repeated story kinda bummed me out. I should give it another chance.

javac

I should get back on this and the TV show. Goto is one of the most based characters I've ever seen and one of my favs.

Tried to watch the TV show after finishing the movie storyline but after the first 3 ep the drop in production value (unfair comparing it to movies but oh well) and the repeated story kinda bummed me out. I should give it another chance.

That's also one of the reason why I loved watching it the other way. Going from the TV series (which make no mistake, I had no qualms with the animation whatsoever, in fact I loved it and prefer it to the animation of today) to the films and seeing the characters look a bit different and high quality (as was the case with animated films back then, again, compared to today's animated films outside of Ghibli and a few artsy shorts and such) as really cool.

Do give it a chance, I'm obviously biased but for good reason. No show comes close to it in my opinion, not then and not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom