• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Because I find giving someone new to anime a blind recommendation of School Days to be a crime against humanity, unless I actually know that the person likes their stuff a little twisted. Dude came into anime via SAO, not Elfen Lied.

Speaking of, Elfen Lied is an incredible experience.
Cornbread, you should watch it too!

angel-and-devil-on-shoulder.jpg
I'm dying over here....

The CGI is unfortunate. At least it allows them to get some good action into every episode, but its the non-cg fights that really shine.

Honestly though, the thing I hate most about the CG fights isn't the CG, but the yelling. When they fight without the armour on, no yelling. But when they suit up suddenly every attack is accompanied by "AHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHDHFHULFHDKJFHKJ"

Yeah. Just watched ep 18 and dat
Leon vs Alfonso
fight. Shame really that most of the fights are done with CGI as non-CGI fights are so well animated. Of course using CGI for armor fights maybe gives them time and budget to do those awesome non-CGI fights. Haven't paid attention to yelling before but now when you said it I can see how it could annoy people lol. Still all around this has been positive surprise for me.

Tuck

Yeah. Just watched ep 18 and dat
Leon vs Alfonso
fight. Shame really that most of the fights are done with CGI as non-CGI fights are so well animated. Of course using CGI for armor fights maybe gives them time and budget to do those awesome non-CGI fights. Haven't paid attention to yelling before but now when you said it I can see how it could annoy people lol. Still all around this has been positive surprise for me.

Its a definite contender for AOTY for me, alongside Death Parade. Those two are the front runners, for now - but of course its still early in the year.

Sailor Moon S 01

Well, it is a new season after all...

New enemies appear and everybody gets their ass handed to them. Luckily some possible allies arrive that saves the day. Oh, and Usagi still got problems with studying of course.

Jex

Patlabor The New Files: 12

Yeah, I've been waiting for your discussion of this episode of the series for sometime. It's certainly one of my favourite episodes in the entire series, and I know that it was highly regarded by Hitokage as well. The writing in Patlabor goes above and beyond what's expected within the genre, or within anime in general.

Jex

The second movie comes last in the movie continuity, yeah?

It'll technically be the last Patlabor thing I watch.

Well that's where it gets a little dicey as there are two Patlabor continuities.

There's 1st OVA - Movie 1 - Movie 2

And separately:

TV Series - 2nd OVA Series a.k.a The P Files a.k.a The New Files

Edit - Ignore this. Yes, Patlabor Movie 2 is the last in that continuity.

Cornbread78

Apocalypse Zero is legit good. Even Kamiya endorses the manga.

JESUS

FUCK

NO

HOLY CHRIST DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS MAN

OH JESUS APOCALYPSE ZERO

JESUS JESUS JESUS NO

Oh my, should I add it to my list then? I mean, I took a look at Google images and it looks like an absolute mess...

Shin Sekai Yori (from the new world)
The Irregular at Magic High School
Puella Magi Madoka
Katanagatari

BTW, Episode 4 was meh.. So stupid, most people go through that in middle school...

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Watching this develop has been a joy and it is about to come to a head hehee

next round will kill me, I think. I don't know if I can take it.

nightmares

I am nightmares

You guys have a List that contains terrible shows? Somehow, I'm not surprised. ^_^

This List is not terrible. Words fail to describe it. The List is a horror of unspeakable terror. Abandon all hope, ye poor soul.

Ok, I just finished the third episode of School Days, I must say, this show is getting boring....

I shall pray for you. Stay strong.

Jex

I had a question....there was an anime movie I saw about 20ish years ago, back when the Scifi channel would run an anime movie on Saturday morning.

It had an AI that humans created eliminating humanity and there was a half human/half machine guy as the protagonist. He couldn't had vague memories of his human life, but he was mostly machine like in his lack of emotion. The AI's leader was a machine general that kinda reminded me of M. Bison.

I know this might be a little vague, but can anyone identify the name of the anime? Remembered it a couple days ago and have been racking my brain trying to figure it out, did some google searches but that didn't help.

Figure if no one here has any idea, I'm just giving up.
You should probably check out this list here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Syfy

Mature

Patlabor The New Files: 12
When you would talk about the relationships between the different Patlabor characters earlier on, I had this episode in the back of my head. Glad you ended up enjoying it.

Patlabor is my favorite series without a doubt and Episode 12, Two in Karuizawa is probably my favorite episode out of them all, although it's hard to choose. Episode 14, Snow Rondo from The New Files is also a favorite of mine, and maybe joint first. Its weird because The New Files probably ended up containing my favorite of the Patlabor episodes. I envy people watching the series for the first time, because it's an amazing ride.

When I watched it way back when, I started off with the TV Timeline, since I felt that watching the whole TV series and the The New Files first would allow me to fall in love with the characters before getting into the Film timeline and I think that worked out well in the end. The films are amazing standalone as is, but it helped that I was totally infatuated with Nagumo and Goto well before starting the films :)
Ah, glad we're in agreement. This is the way I have been encouraging people to watch it.

Its a definite contender for AOTY for me, alongside Death Parade. Those two are the front runners, for now - but of course its still early in the year.

Without some extraordinary anime year probably going to be in my top 5 too but like you said its still early in the year.

I will, but it feels like I'm watching some exaggerated version of any of the 1,000's of high school drama shows out there..

Well, that's because you do. But the good thing is that the exaggeration in School Days knows no limits and you haven't even seen the half of it. It gets progressively more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom