• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

So I haven't been interested in the Fate series at all, but I see the animation quality is pretty good so I thought I should investigate the anime.

tumblr_myp8req34J1tor0lpo1_500.gif

How much of it is there and do you have to play the visual novels too or is it an adaptation of those visual novels?

e_i

If anyone's going to Anime Matsuri next week, there's a Little Witch Academia 2 sneak peak:

Little Witch Academia 2- Friday, April 3, 2015 @ 3:00 p.m-4 p.m Panel Room 2(Grand Ballroom B)

So I haven't been interested in the Fate series at all, but I see the animation quality is pretty good so I thought I should investigate the anime.

How much of it is there and do you have to play the visual novels too or is it an adaptation of those visual novels?

Just watch Fate/Zero and stop there because Fate/stay Night is bad.

Your gif is from Fate/Zero, which is pretty good. I like Fate/stay night, but that's the minority opinion here.

CorvoSol

You really don't want to watch this godawful series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fate/Zero is good, Fate/Stay Night is probably a skip unless you're really into Saber.

Moaradin

Fate/Stay Night is worth watching just for the fight scenes alone. The story is meh so far.

Fate/Zero is fucking great though. Watch it even if you have no interest in Fate/Stay Night.

Parasyte finale

Got to say,
Migi's departure
was damn effective. Was worried about that, but I see being in an audio-visual medium just elevated it.

Rest of the episode is essentially an epilogue/extra chapter, but alright nonetheless.

I can't imagine how this adaptation would have turned out when the franchise was at the peak of its popularity back in the 90s, but I think I'm pretty satisfied with what we got. A solid 9/10 series with a solid 8.5/10 adaptation.

I think it's fine to jokingly suggest a show like Eiken. It's something else when 10 people all say it's a great show in joke reinforcement.

I'll say it in serious reinforcement.

cj_iwakura

It's a prequel. It will spoil events of the VN, but the VN Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags. You're better off watching this and then Unlimited Blade Works(the new one).

UBW is not as good as Zero, but that plot twist in season 2 will be SO worth it. (It handles the story of the VN a LOT better than the VN does, but that isn't saying much.)

Oh, you sweet summer children. Winter is coming.

rrvv

Samurai Flamenco 10-22 [END]

Imagine you have entire series of kamen rider, super sentai, ultraman and other toku stuff. from beginning to the end. and then compress them into 22 episode of anime while trying to keep all of the climax, the drama and the twisted that even make Night Shyamalan speechless. It pretty much non stop RollerCoaster.of Toku history.

Ventara

That's right, the gulf in quality between Season 1 and Season 2 is fairly dramatic. While it's clearly the same basic show, the first season feels fairly cliched and formulaic both in it's outlook and characters, while the second season reveals that the characters and the story is far more mature and complicated than it initially appeared.

I wouldn't say that. Season 2 is great, but is about on par with Season 1. If anything, I guess you can say Season 2 second half > Season 1 >> Season 2 first half. Season 1 was fresh, so it had that going for it, but it was also nice how it introduced us to a little bit of the different activities of farm life. It was interesting watching Hachiken adjust to this, and the overall theme regarding Pork Bowl was a pretty important topic, especially for someone new to raising livestock. Seeing Hachiken come to terms with that stuff was great.

I do agree Season 2 has more character development, as it focused on a few characters, but Season 1 excelled in showing off farm life.

Midonin

The B-side to the Bears OP being "I Met a Bear" is the oddest and yet most appropriate use of American music in relation to a Japanese show I've seen. The second most appropriate choice would have be Toqger's "I've Been Working on the Railroad".

Blusby

Just watch Fate/Zero, the director for Fate/stay night UBW is terrible and butchered the already amateurish story to new heights. UBW is really only watchable if you're a fan of the VN 'cause otherwise the writing makes absolutely no sense, especially the protagonist's actions. The protagonist in the adaptation doesn't even resemble his original self (for the worse) and given how the story focuses on him alone butchering his characterization effectively kills any enjoyment to be found in the anime for a newcomer.

So yeah watch Fate/Zero, skip UBW.

You can "watch" fights here.

how 'bout da music lol

Baalzebup

Just watch Fate/Zero, the director for Fate/stay night is terrible and butchered the already amateurish script to new heights. Fate/stay night is really only watchable if you're a fan of the VN 'cause otherwise the writing makes absolutely no sense, especially the protagonist's actions. The main character in the anime doesn't even resemble the original character and given how the story focuses on him alone butchering his characterization effectively kills any enjoyment to be found in the anime.

So yeah watch Fate/Zero, skip Fate/stay night.

I've seen all animated works involving Fate/things, but haven't read/played the VN or anything else relating to the series beside the animated works and some wiki. I've found all entries to be easily watchable, even enjoyable. Even the first F/SN anime didn't feel like I had wasted my time with it. I also didn't feel like I didn't understand the stuff that was going on, beside a few Grail related issues that I still haven't looked up. Knowing how Shiro's brain works (or doesn't) does help understanding it (I read about it somewhere before the release of the UBW movie), but not absolutely positively necessary.

So yeah, F/SN was ok. F/Zero is brilliant. F/SN UBW has been somewhere in between those two. Heck, If you like well animated fight scenes, UBW is worth watching based on those alone.

I dunno, I've seen plenty of genuinely crappy anime and there seems to be a smattering of harsh opinions here on stuff that are actually just below average, average or even above average. It's like the scale is missing the middle tier altogether. But I guess this is a thing about how opinions are voiced.

Jarmel

Banned
New Devil Testament-12
I'm not even going to front, the 2nd half of this episode was legit hype.
Main character being ice cold enough to
watch someone being murdered while they scream and beg for their lives is a huge fucking plus.
The whole scene reminded me of:
Zero fucks given. That was so refreshingly dark when so many shows are all 'revenge is bad m'kay'. Then we have the spoils scene which was so goddamn random, not to mention I'm sure the censoring is an in-joke at this point:
iXXG3er89HVyy.jpg

Are they seriously censoring a french kiss? haha
Finally we have the dad who is like the bogeyman in this universe. He just randomly shows up and kills fuckers.

Cornbread78

why didnt people tell me about cross ange sooner?!

Another diciple of Ange has stepped foward, lol.

It's really low tier, nippleless boob, trash at times but on the whole, I'm finding it entertaining and not a waste of time, but hey, that was troll recommendating to me that backfired because I like it, lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Parasyte-24
Half of this episode is verbal philosophical garbage that spews up the themes of the show in a hamfisted manner.
The 2nd half is even worse with the whole "humans were the true monsters after all" all the while more philosophical garbage is spewed about what it means to be a true human.

They should have just fitted the first half somewhere at the end of the previous episode and just called it a day. God damn this was a terrible finale.

talktalk.gif

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Parasyte 24

And so ends the tale of the man whos right hand was bitten and became Spiderman
, who also totally wasn't spiderman, but for some reason reminds me of him.

TUSR

Banned
Due to production issues, Shirobako episode 24 is expected to be delayed. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

WorldStar

Banned
da fuck crunchyroll

been paying for a crunchyroll membership for quite some time now. recently decided to cancel since i don't have much free time to watch and there is no anime i'm currently following

stupid survey poppped up when i tried to cancel so i attempted to bypass it

crunchyroll wont let me cancel until i take their fukin survey

sbt4qs.jpg

Your membership will not be cancelled until you click below.

wtf? never seen any business do this before. i don't feel like taking your fuckin survey right now and i just want to cancel my service.

the actually require you fill out every part of the survey, including section 3 and 4 where you actually have to type a response.

this kinda shit leaves a bad taste in my mouth. fuck off crunchyroll i'm done with you for good.

aight done ventin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom