• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Golden Boy - had not seen it before. Was a surprise given some people calling it 'the one harem I like'. Didn't look like a harem at all to me. Reminded me of shows like the incredible Hulk and The Pretender. Also really surprised by its length. Could have watched lots more.

jgminto

Golden Boy - had not seen it before. Was a surprise given some people calling it 'the one harem I like'. Didn't look like a harem at all to me. Reminded me of shows like the incredible Hulk and The Pretender. Also really surprised by its length. Could have watched lots more.

Did you watch the dub?

cajunator

Banned
This is a great season for OP songs.

its aight. Question. Is Rolling girls OP going to be that insert song? Cause hnnnng.

It has finally happened, SDBurton has been overyuried.

thats simply not possible

Stiens;Gate 8

So Ruka
is now (maybe) a girl because of time travel, somehow. How exactly can one use time travel to change and only change another individuals gender without altering anything else?

Still a good episode though. I am interested to see where they go with
Ruka's character and how no one remembers Moeka

On a side note, at what point should I start putting spoiler tags when discussing Steins;Gate?

its mainly to forward the plot a bit and also exploring one of the game paths, but you have a great point.

Already happened with Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito which was so yuri he had to retire from watching anime for a period of 8-12 months.

Lol I remember that. Yami is legend. Elephant oatmeal.

Mushishi - 14

Returning to this after a long time no see, it makes me really appreciate how much I enjoy and missed this show.
And what an episode to return to. I think it had a very good balance between the mystery, creepiness, sadness and joy.
The last 5 minutes were quite the roller coaster. This falls in my top 3 Mushis, and I've only come halfway through the first season. Amazing.
EwKJ6AX.jpg

Blusby

Info on Charlotte:

"There will be 4 main characters. However, the amount of side-characters to be introduced will number more than that of Angel Beats!.
There are no plans for a game adaptation right now.
There are 2 GirlDeMo-like bands. They will both have singles/albums released. One group has Maeda doing both lyrics and composition, while the other group has Maeda doing lyrics and another person doing composition."

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone but yeah, this is gonna be some steamin' garbage.

Yona of the Dawk Episode 14 - Light

I would rank them as Hak, then Yune and Blue Dragon tied. Wet haired Hak scene was just as entertaining as some of the best moments of the anime. And so powerful.

Good comedy, though I look forward to who the next one may be, he seems like he may have a good design?

Crocodile

Yatterman of the Night 1

• Three minutes in and the world ends? Interesting. Looking forward to seeing this plot point elaborated upon in the future
  • Dad already dead? Yeah, no way Mom lives through the episode
  • Leopard's childhood is typical but sweet. The moments between Leopard, her mom, and their two compatriots is very well done in the short time we have.
  • Welp, Mom just coughed awkwardly. Was nice knowing you :(
  • The pig can TALK?!
  • I can already see where this super-villain origin story is going :p
  • The wall blocking off the Yatter Kingdom is the same behind the island Leopard et co live? Are they actually in a huge enclosure?
  • Damn the Yattermen are DICKS. Leopard et co. were even running away :(
So yeah overall I thought this was great. Nice interaction between the main cast, strong animation, strong direction. It's treading well worn ground but its doing it well. The personalities and motivations of all the characters are crystal clear. I'm mostly curious

• How this trio intends to "punish" the Yatter Kingdom. Three people with few resources going up against an entire country? Are they going to become terrorists?
  • The nature of the Yatter Kingdom. A true utopia? A dystopian hellhole? Is this going to be a subversion of the classic Yatterman lore where they are straight villains or a double subversion in which they are being dicks but its completely justified?
you people are making it REALLY. REALLY hard to not watch this show to see the trainwreck in motion.

I dunno seems pretty easy to me :p

Who the hell buys shit like this?

If there was an anime that cold actually compete in terms of quality/writing with Mean Girls I'd be tempted. You need more than some bitchy women to make a show Mean Girls though.

ibyea

Banned
So how is Eureka Seven?

Absolutely loved it. It has great characters, awesome mecha battles, one of the best soundtracks, counter culture theme, science fiction, romance, and many emotional moments. Although there are these 3 kids that you will really hate.

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*10,495 *4 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,531 *3 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*7,172 *3 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]

Bolded are new numbers.

Series average:

Black Bullet v7, final volume, sells 1719/475, total 2,394. Series average: 2,567.

Love Live! s2 v6 adds 591, total 46,892.
v7, final volume, adds 2207, total 59,879. Series average: 61,287.

Source

It's good to see Twintail and Trinity Seven above the line. Hopefully this means they get second seasons! Definitely sad that SeHa Girls isn't selling, though, it's fantastic. :(

jbug617

Banned
Just saw the UK news of a new anime distributor. It says they have 8 show deal with Sentai to put out sets.
http://www.fandompost.com/2015/01/13/animatsu-acquires-eight-anime-licenses-for-uk-release/
They’re also getting their anime titles linedup as they’ve made a licensing deal with sentai Filmworks to acquire eight series, which include Blade & Soul, Comic Artist and His Assistants as well as Coffin Princess. More titles are going to be announced soon with things revealed in the upcoming January 22nd magazines Neo and MyM.

Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Episode 2
tumblr_ni4ysvGSCl1u2vo2go3_250.gif

Kusatsu, the Golden Chevalier; is best one of them, but I also like Akoya because he has Ittoki Otoya va and sometimes sounds like him. I wish we had the full transforming scenes for everyone but I guess their time was limited. Fortunately Kusatsu had a great one.

Kusatsu keeps reminding me of Art [Hamatora] though, hard to ever unsee now.

Beefeater

Banned
I don't really, as they say, have a stake in this race, but here's a friendly tip. It's best, when trying to make an argument to tell people they are "sooo wrong". It's not going to win people over to your side.

It's just not cricket.

Sorry boss, nothing ill meant by it. Tone didn't come across, I was just being playful. He/she's still super wrong, though. ;-)

Jex

Cross Ange-5

So an episode in which Ange is deserted and sexually assaulted multiple times but it's okay because it's an accident and he's a male. I don't know whether Tusk is the luckiest or unluckiest man alive. Rito would be proud. I mean a fucking crab bit his foot but he also had the grace and foreknowledge to fall forward instead of sideways.
[...]

You do realise that now you've become the spreader of this disease. I hope you're happy.

Pooya

Xam'd 16-21

Dialog is getting worse and worse, everyone is a poet now, simplest things are said through simile and metaphor.

1421191679-4.jpg

as if things weren't going slow enough, here have some amnesia.

1421191669-5.jpg

Good grief ARMBAND GIRL IS HOLDING ARMBAND AGAIN FOR 2293829834 time, why does that armband matter anyway? terrible symbolism OF THEIR BOND? hit me harder in the head bad show.

1421191574-2.jpg

well, that was too convenient and timely but I don't care. Anything that can get this thing going I guess.

1421191660-3.jpg

I'm still not sure what their problem was exactly, over dramatic much?

I found a good use for Xam'd, it's been helping me sleep quicker. I'm wasting my life. Sudden plot revelation that there is northern emperor and he's probably evil, our characters forgot to mention anything about the two empires so far, so amazing.

Speaking of E7 AO, this show is waaay worse than that.

Mid-season upgrade time baby.

They've flip flopped characters so much that I don't even know who is good and who is bad. This is not "greyscale", this is shit brown scale.

Une
having
personality disorders
was so, so bad that I couldn't even believe they went through with that. If
she
was just
pretending
or
being an asshole
it would've been ten thousand times better.

This is how I feel watching Wing right now:

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Whoever suggested that I watch Hunter X Hunter. Thank you. That series was incredible. I just finished the 148th episode. Took about a month.

Blusby

Nearing the end of Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage and I gotta say that I enjoyed this season more than the first, a shame that after Roberta's Blood Trail I'll be waiting along with everyone else for an animated continuation which may very well never come. All this extra Balalaika has done the series great justice and I ask o fans of the manga, which chapter does the adaption (end of Roberta's Blood Trail) conclude at?

Nearing the end of Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage and I gotta say that I enjoyed this season more than the first, a shame that after Roberta's Blood Trail I'll be waiting along with everyone else for an animated continuation which may very well never come. All this extra Balalaika has done the series great justice and I ask o fans of the manga, which chapter does the adaption (end of Roberta's Blood Trail) conclude at?

77 I think, the end of volume 9

Veitsev

Not sure exactly where it ends but the manga doesn't continue much further than the anime. The number one thing standing in the way of more animated Black Lagoon is whether the manga author will actually pump out enough new content.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In this scenario, that would be Aniplex.
Well I'll make sure to send them a very strongly worded letter.

Dear Aniplex,

You're been very very naughty bullying poor All the Anime. You should be ashamed.

Yours sincerely,

BGBW

Quasar

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*10,495 *4 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,531 *3 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*7,172 *3 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]

Bolded are new numbers.

Inou Battle numbers make me sad. Surprised and glad for the Shirobako numbers though. Figured that would sell poorly.

JoeFu

Banned
I just watched Wake Up, Girls and I really liked it.

The animation was pretty terrible, but I guess the drama and whatnot was decent? I enjoyed it more than im@s at least. I thought the president of the company was gonna be super shady and be a main focus after the movie and how she just up and left, but good thing it wasn't and she ended up being a pretty cool character. I think it could have been a better show with a few more episodes, but you know how cours are, plus animation probably would have suffered even more lol. There wasn't that much focus on a few of the characters unlike other idol shows which is kind of sad. I like it when we get to learn more about the characters, still there's enough to get everyones personalities.

I liked how they used the live footage of the voice actresses to do the next episode stuff too! Also random 9/11 reference in show kind of threw me off.

Let it be known the only reason I watched it was because the one and only time I used @waifubot was because it gave me the maid cafe girl as my waifu haha. She ended up being a pretty cool character too!

Not sure exactly where it ends but the manga doesn't continue much further than the anime. The number one thing standing in the way of more animated Black Lagoon is whether the manga author will actually pump out enough new content.

Do we even know some sort of estimated return date or if Hiroe's still alive? I can't even remember what happened in the current arc anymore.

Blusby

77 I think, the end of volume 9

Thank ya guys very much and yes as I've heard. IIRC the last volume was released last year so this will be quite the wait.

Tuck

Xam'd 16-21

Dialog is getting worse and worse, everyone is a poet now, simplest things are said through simile and metaphor.

I found a good use for Xam'd, it's been helping me sleep quicker. I'm wasting my life. Sudden plot revelation that there is northern emperor and he's probably evil, our characters forgot to mention anything about the two empires so far, so amazing.

Speaking of E7 AO, this show is waaay worse than that.
Yep. Such a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom