• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jeff

Not sure why you are ignoring Gundam X and Turn A Gundam here.
Because I am by no means knowledgeable Gundam, I was merely mentioning all the disappointing series after G. I can't comment about the others since I haven't seen them. Well I haven't seen Age either I guess but popular opinions stands at "terrible".

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 4
Why can't the show be about Nanoha's sister? She's pretty cute.
As I recall, there's something either about the progenitor material the series came from or perhaps some side material that reveals that Nanoha's entire family are ninjas.

I've been meaning too for a long time!
Aria's a fairly chill series for most people so it's normally recommended to watch it slowly anyway.

(Obligatory "where is my SatoJun Amanchu adaptation?" mention)

Celestial Method 13

QpUS8zh.jpg

And everything ends happy.

Well, it really is a lot like AnoHana with a bit of Key mixed in :p Some of the drama in the first half is less good since it tries to hide some stuff at the same time, and there's a lot of flashbacks, so so if one doesn't like any of that, this isn't the show for you.

It gets better in the middle when most of the people get to be friends again, and the drama towards the end is much more effective. There's even some comedy that lightens the mood a bit in some parts, and there's Noel which is pretty cute.

Some pretty good music in this, so that helps. When it comes to the OP and ED there's really nice lead-ins, but the rest of it is just ok.

It's not as sad as either AnoHana or most Key stuff though, but good enough, so 4/5 sunflowers:
k8rAOVt.png
k8rAOVt.png
k8rAOVt.png
k8rAOVt.png
aPPIeVK.png

Good thing it wasn't another Sola...

Idolmaster 21-26 End

I was not expecting how serious these last few arcs would be given how lighthearted the first half was. Still, this was pretty good, and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Cinderella Girls now for more than just the producer.

Idolmaster 21-26 End

I was not expecting how serious these last few arcs would be given how lighthearted the first half was. Still, this was pretty good, and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Cinderella Girls now for more than just the producer.
Haruka should be in jail for attempted murder.

Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! - 01

This was Kingdom Hearts-levels of dumb and it was awesome. Best part was the actual fight where everyone was going from "this is fucking stupid/pissing me off" to shouting random-ass attack names in the span of two seconds. What would take a normal magical girl team the time to make these special attacks took these guys the span of one episode. Also, that one dude on the (evil) student council with the pink hair looked just like Utena (esp. in the evil outfit).

And the red one is best one (like fuck if I'm gonna remember their names).

Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! - 01

This was Kingdom Hearts-levels of dumb and it was awesome. Best part was the actual fight where everyone was going from "this is fucking stupid/pissing me off" to shouting random-ass attack names in the span of two seconds. What would take a normal magical girl team the time to make these special attacks took these guys the span of one episode. Also, that one dude on the (evil) student council with the pink hair looked just like Utena (esp. in the evil outfit).

And the red one is best one (like fuck if I'm gonna remember their names).

best two
B7P8SwJCQAAHV1J.png

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-3

if1F6T0LFBALi.jpg

get in mah belly

So I guess this episode was trying to make up for the lack of edge in episode 2. I was a little surprised how quickly Zola got the axe but at least they gave her a glorious ass shot before she got the works. She also got a beautiful eulogy:
ibf4cOJcGXXXFr.jpg

Well I suppose it's technically true.
The fact that someone on the staff had the balls to write this after the previous episode is beyond astounding. Anyway I was a little surprised by what's her name getting the Hungry Hungry Hippo treatment.
i8TMFzDAYKYLG.jpg

such masterful storyboarding
I found the rest of the episode intolerable mainly due to the fact that nobody is willing to put a gun in Ange's mouth and pull the trigger. In face the whole setup in the later half of the episode was just a more elaborate version of this scene:
We also get cliches such as the usual haircutting and crying while eating food scenes. I also like how they randomly threw a line in there about a revolution like it's a minor deal. "Oh yea I guess there was a revolution or something. Whatevs."

KanColle 1

Fun and extremely cute show! Akagi is probably my favorite so far...she certainly has a rather unique method of attack.

Looking forward to more!

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*10,495 *4 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,531 *3 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*7,172 *3 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]

Bolded are new numbers.

Series average:

Black Bullet v7, final volume, sells 1719/475, total 2,394. Series average: 2,567.

Love Live! s2 v6 adds 591, total 46,892.
v7, final volume, adds 2207, total 59,879. Series average: 61,287.

Source

Pooya

Just realized that main characters of Rolling Girls are just the four girls and the bike girl/green whatever is not there, wonder what happens. Surrendering in the park? felt like she is the MC in the first episode so much that I didn't look, gonna get Kamina'd I guess.

Crocodile

There's gotta be a story behind those Try numbers. Yes yes Gunpla sales but still damn.

Did Gundam Build Fighters Classic blow up the DVD/Blu-Ray sales charts?

Speaking of Gunpla, when I went to visit my family during the Holidays, one of the local B&N sold Gunpla. Is that common for large B&N stores?

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

*10,495 *4 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
*8,592 *3 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,531 *3 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*7,732 *2 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD] 
*7,172 *3 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,324 *2 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,161 *2 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,198 *2 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*3,850 *3 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,540 *2 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD]
*2,948 *2 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]  
*1,755 *2 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD] 
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD] 
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD] 
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD]

Bolded are new numbers.

Series average:

Black Bullet v7, final volume, sells 1719/475, total 2,394. Series average: 2,567.

Love Live! s2 v6 adds 591, total 46,892.
v7, final volume, adds 2207, total 59,879. Series average: 61,287.

Source

Seeing Shirobako still out of stock, i guess 8k is looking good for them.
Yuyuyu over 10k, nice one.

Jarmel

Banned
Did Gundam Build Fighters Classic blow up the DVD/Blu-Ray sales charts?

Speaking of Gunpla, when I went to visit my family during the Holidays, one of the local B&N sold Gunpla. Is that common for large B&N stores?

GBF sold 8k but that was boxsets. It seems like GBF is sort of weird in that it releases singles and then down the road a boxset. So I guess Try is following the same release pattern.

Stiens;Gate 10

I gotta say, there could have been a much better way in determining
Ruka's gender.
Seriously, Okabe went about it in the worst way possible.

In the meantime,
SERN seems to be aware of what Okabe is doing if that message is any indication. I get the feeling that the Wham episode will be coming rather soon.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love - 02

Well, this sure didn't deviate from the goofy stuff. Let me introduce one bad ass motherfucker; Lord Zundar from Planet Evil.
Feels like it's going to be a Team Rocket thing, where Lord Zundar and his three underlings will each episode try to cook something up, and it ends with the Power Puff Boys vanquishing that evil.
I fear it may become stale after a while if it keeps up like this. Like the previous episode it had some fun moments, but overall it was pretty bland.

Ronja 15

Wow. Mattis went from somewhat grumpy dad I still liked, to my most fucking hated character in the whole show. What he did was despicable and it has painted all of the robbers in his side and himself in a new light where I doubt I can ever like them again in the show.
Poor Birk :'(. Also the fact he dared grab his wife and throw her away because she was trying to clean the wounds? Fucking despicable.
. No seriously. A sincere FUCK YOU to Mattis.

Sorry if this is a silly question but is it legal to watch anime episodes that have been uploaded to Youtube by some random user? I know most streaming sites are without a doubt illegal but there is just so much anime that has been uploaded to Youtube.

Cute High Earth Defense Force LOVE! - 02

Give this show massive points for the whole face static/voice distortion thing, that was hilarious. And holy shit they actually did kill the teacher.

Narag

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 5

This one was cool as it was ostensibly a heist plot with Chirico as the goods Gotho, Vanllia, and Coconna were after. The circumstances of why the military is content to just observe Chirico for so many months is becoming more clear as well as it's really obfuscated initially. It's strange how they act as an invisible third party, almost in a guardian angel role.

Narag

Sorry if this is a silly question but is it legal to watch anime episodes that have been uploaded to Youtube by some random user? I know most streaming sites are without a doubt illegal but there is just so much anime that has been uploaded to Youtube.

If it's not uploaded by a territory's licensee, it's probably piracy.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-4 aka bitch fighting the episode
iba9eLbegqIpyJ.jpg

Apparently Ange couldn't just refuse like a normal person.
One thing I like about the show is how Ange is an utter cunt. It makes me feel so much better seeing all the horrible things that happen to her. I did get a kick out of panties causing her mech to go down. What is annoying is that the other female pilots do have a legitimate gripe against Ange but the way they go about it is childish.
This ending is the most ridiculous transition I've ever seen. It's just like "let's go from drowning to rape".

Narag

SPT Layzner 15

This ep delivered and then some as it concluded the conflict between Gail & Eiji, possibly buying the Earthlings more time to get home before the Gradosians invaded. Really great character moment from Gail as he realized he'd never be able to hold Eiji's sister in his arms again if they were covered in Eiji's blood and sort of resigned himself not so much to his fate but to his duty. The big set piece that started with the Gradosians vs the Earth fleet and culminated with Eiji vs Gail was just friggin' awesome all around.

Jex

Yes. You're sooo wrong. The games are a test of character, nothing more. Decim decides their souls' fate.
I don't really, as they say, have a stake in this race, but here's a friendly tip. It's best, when trying to make an argument to tell people they are "sooo wrong". It's not going to win people over to your side.

It's just not cricket.

Midonin

Winter 2015 - A week of Haikus

Time to get caught up in a single post. I can expand on all of these in their n+1 episodes in the coming week.

Saekano 00
Artists making art
Meta discourse, and yet it's
So familiar

April 12
Kaori is missing
Kousei has his mojo back
Falling into stars

Cinderella Girls 01
Fate/Zero producer
Idol war has many girls
Still needs Shizuku

GARO -Seal of Flames- 13
Hail to Alfonso!
Leon is tilling the fields
Sing! Bloody Brother

Fairy Tail 214-215
There's a snake in my
Plan to make Wakamoto
Let the heavens fall

PriPara 27
Vocaloid, er Doll
Have you heard of pizza? It's
a food. (Copyright)

Milky Holmes TD 02
Go! Idol Wrestling
Kazumi is innocent
The fairy checks out

DOG DAYS'' 01
Why only Asia?
Lots of dragons this season
Here be where they start

Rolling Girls 01
Green Ranger? Aw yeah
Funky-colored wonderland
The bottommost rung

Happiness Charge Precure! 47
Another fivesome
Love for all and all for love
Mermaid looks awesome

Graffiti 01
Best cooking show since
Vamp and Kayoko left air
Melancholy script

Fafnir 01
Dragons want the D
Girls would rather not do that
Militaristic

Cross Ange 14
Welcome to the world
of tomorrow! Love hotel
it ain't, but will do

Maria 01
B-Gata Witch-Kei
Entendres are not her thing
However, dragons are

World Break 01
My little sister
can't possibly be reborn
as my new classmate

Absolute Duo 02
Contract or marriage?
Also like Tabane, she is
planning something, yo.

Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ 02
Nanami ascends
But is being led along
Tomoe? Crossdress!

Sapphic Ursine Tempest 02
Deja vu once more
Ikuhara, his style
Death, but no dragons

Sailor Moon R 25-26
Everything here is
the Red Queen's. Rubeus is
king of the douches.

Yatterman Night 01
Yatter King takes on
a new and scary meaning
Start! Revolution

Earth Defense Club 02
Death the Kid would be
having a fit about this
Not the best hero team

cajunator

Banned
Still better than the trash adaptation Chaos;Head got. I will forever be mad.

what do you mean? Chaos; Head was an excellent comedy adaptation!

How do you determine which is which? If it serves purpose in determining the direction of the story why wouldn't it be the former instead of the latter?

Or is this just more a wait and see what actually happens post?

In Pengindrum I thought the twists/plot revelations at the end were great because it gave me a massive incentive to rewatch the series to see just how well everything was planned and foreshadowed all the way at the start of the series.

Penguindrum was not without its faults but there was never a dull moment. It always felt fresh and exciting. I was intrigued till the end. Thats all I ask for really.

jgminto

Cute High Earth Defence Club LOVE! 2
It still continues to be quite a fun show, I especially love the evil green Porcupine with the intimidating voice. The show reminds me of Meganebu in a few ways but it isn't as stylish or paced as tightly. They definitely aren't afraid to draw out a joke here. Also god damn at the leg shot for the School President transformation seen.

Jarmel

Banned
Cross Ange-5
So an episode in which Ange is deserted and sexually assaulted multiple times but it's okay because it's an accident and he's a male. I don't know whether Tusk is the luckiest or unluckiest man alive. Rito would be proud. I mean a fucking crab bit his foot but he also had the grace and foreknowledge to fall forward instead of sideways.
iFkAcrsrlRq1i.jpg

He's using that fishing pole to catch some big fish. And by fishing pole I mean his penis and by fish I mean Ange.
So here is the typical island desertion story so commonly found in Sunrise works, in which Ange can never find solace away from somebody seeing her naked. It's sort of weird in this episode in that she's all of a sudden shy and doesn't want him to see her body despite just the past few episodes she's pretty much been walking around the base naked. You're used goods Ange and he's already seen everything. The third, fourth, and fifth time doesn't matter.
Meanwhile the crew back at base try to find Ange by literally sniffing her out across the ocean.
Anyway some boring stuff happens and they get attacked by DRAGONS where it is confirmed once and for all that Ange gets herself all slick, off the ending of an animal's life. She of course decides to go back to her prison where further sexual assaults await but not before introducing herself to Tusk. Wait, hold up? She didn't say her name earlier? But then what was this?
i9LuhVHoO5b6x.jpg

14:41 timestamp
So why is she introducing her name here then?
ibkYZTOvNbmOak.jpg

20:51 timestamp
Oops. Ange says her farewell but not before Tusk decides to propose to the crazy nutjob, since he's clearly horny as fuck.
despite knowing she clearly has a few screws loose.
ibesLTT0SoM4gx.jpg

Something anime is missing. A man who will take responsibility.
Ange meets up with the old crew where it's apparent that all that needed to happen for Ange to lose her bitchiness was that she needed to have been eaten out. The moral of the 5 episodes has been that if you meet a half-drowned girl on an island, be sure to eat her pussy real quick and she'll mellow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom