• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimgar episode 4

Oh no!
Nobody saw THAT coming!

The best part of the episode was the appearance of Mega Ultra Gobbi. God damn Goblins were all masters of chess and shit. Nobody can fuck with them. My heroes. Solid episode. Honestly as far as LN shows go, this might be one of my favs. Unnecessary buttshots and all.

Seemed like the episode was trying to elicit a response from me as the audience. But seriously, no. The final sequence was too long. It's been 4 episodes.
We all saw that coming
. It wasn't happening.

Overlord 11

Pandora's Actor...

Good lord. So terrible, but so good.

Overlord 12

Great episode. The fight was really fun. And did this fool really just summon sharknado? Haha, amazing!

Also, The Goal of All Life is Death was pretty dope. All the spells and skills used were, actually.

Overlord 13 - End

Ah yes. Lord Touch Me. I'd forgotten about that ridiculous amazing name.

But anyway, that was awesome. Protag is a better Batman than Batman. I think he may be one of my favorite characters in any anime. There was complete domination in every single fight; be it him or someone from his team.

I want more of this. I hope there's a second season in the works.

Cornbread78

Grimgar ep.4
Well, we called this shit. Somehow, I still felt kinda bad about it. I wasn't as mad about the way they did it as others, but I'm more interested to see how they manage going forward.

Ascheroth

Grimgar ep.4
Well, we called this shit. Somehow, I still felt kinda bad about it. I wasn't as mad about the way they did it as others, but I'm more interested to see how they manage going forward.

Hopefully they continue to be taken out by the goblins one by one until the last one falls. And then it turns out this was only the prologue to the real show and the goblins where the protagonists all along and it shifts to their perspective going forward as they have to survive against the stronger groups!

Cornbread78

Hopefully they continue to be taken out by the goblins one by one until the last one falls. And then it turns out this was only the prologue to the real show and the goblins where the protagonists all along and it shifts to their perspective going forward as they have to survive against the stronger groups!

Lol, that giant goblin/ogre kinda surprised me, lol. Now it's time for McDreamy MC to step up and go Kirito on everything.

phaze

Subete ga F ni naru 7-12 END

o_O

I'm glad i checked this out before the deadline cause even despite some questionable logic and delving into 3deep5you territory, I really enjoyed these last few eps.

Yona of the Dawn 9

I like that there are clear problems being presented with King Il's reign, such that Su-won's coup doesn't come across as the work of an evil monster, but as the outgrowth of his desire to see his country grow strong (as well as pent-up family resentment). I appreciate it when the villains of a story are fleshed out enough to have understandable motives for doing what they do beyond "evil for the sake of evil".

Lol, that giant goblin/ogre kinda surprised me, lol. Now it's time for McDreamy MC to step up and go Kirito on everything.

Nah you'll get more standing around with awkward dialogue and you will love it. Oh boy i can't wait for the boo hooing episode next week as if they didn't do enough of it at the end of this one.

Considering that Witcher 3 won the majority of GOTY awards, but Bloodborne still won in GAF (witch Witcher 3 as #2)

I'll go ahead and take the guess that Shirobako will win, because I wouldn't be surprised if OPM won like most other AOTY polls out there.

I don't really care about the group results for AOTY, because I'm pretty sure the only TV anime out of the 10 I listed that'll show up there is Sound Euphonium. And who knows with movies, since so few people voted for them.

If OPM does win I will be polite and refrain from posting for like, a couple days so my posts aren't all just audio files of me cackling over and over again.

Line_HTX

I regret not watching Shirobako earlier. I'm as bad as Narag. I'll properly sit down and watch it eventually.

*Ema dance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went in thinking I'll just write 5 shows in, but I completely forgot that I even finished 10 just to make it look serious enough. I think it was Concrete Revolutio that put me at the 10th mark.

I would like to thank duckroll for pushing this constantly because otherwise I would've overlooked it entirely like I did for Blood Blockade Battlefront.

Probably wont even chart in the top 20.

CaFkqibUUAAXR7V.jpg

That sounds like the type of show Mike forces me to watch.

It is!

If you look closely you can see the OPM votes disappearing like Finebros subscribers.

I'm going to be at a loss for words if OPM somehow loses.

I don't particularly care for it or Shirobako that much (I've only seen two episodes of the former and the only thing I really like about it is the OP and animation), but with all the hype surrounding OPM, it almost feels like it can't lose.

Wish him luck, I was going to do a quick tally to count the votes for OPM and Shirobako to see who would win, but then as I was building the excel sheet I decided that nah, too lazy I gotta finish packing tonight.

Ha ha ha, do people really care that much?

People are currently in a thread where there's a link of a livestream of the website counting down how many subscribers the Fine Bros. are losing you tell me.

sonicmj1

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 4

What stuck out to me the most about this episode was just how poorly it used music, and sound in general. It was alright in the large melee, I guess, but after that, it felt like every last bit of audio was wrong. The voice actors way overdid the voice acting (what the hell was with Haruhiro's angry-sounding "No!"?), ill-fitting insert songs soiled emotional climaxes, and the entire progression of the second half of the episode more or less tripped all over itself. At perhaps the most critical time, the show dropped the ball.

Dunno if I'm going to watch any more at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom