• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Ooh can't wait for the tallies to begin. I want to see at least how close Shirobako came to beating OPM.

This was the year of "I hate anime/I only watched 1 anime in years, but OPM was amazing....." blah blah, blah...

I'm only interested in #3-5, lol

Evangelion ep.12
It's always entertaining to see how they counter the angels . Misato is a pretty smart to come up with that plan and have faith in the trio. Mos importantly, Shinji's father actually acknowledged him and praised him, damn..

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If One Punch Man wins, don't blame the voters, blame 2015 for being an extremely weak year for high-quality shows that the community can rally behind, much less those with broad appeal.

That doesn't excuse whatever percentage of the OPM fanbase would actually enjoy, say, Euphonium or Shirobako but refuse to watch them because anime girls are radioactive.

Snafu will def make top 10. I wanted to vote NNBR as #1 and went back and forth. As far as I see it shirobako and nnbr were 1a and 1b.

If SNAFU2 charts on the Top 10 I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It is possible to have watched Shirobako and Euphonium and either thought they were good but not amazing or just not liked them. I watch plenty of slice of life, romcoms, comedy shows and the like outside of the action shows I normally enjoy. Doesn't mean people who didn't vote for them are "eww cute girls doing cute things" dismissive watchers.

If One Punch Man wins, don't blame the voters, blame 2015 for being an extremely weak year for high-quality shows that the community can rally behind, much less those with broad appeal.

That doesn't excuse whatever percentage of the OPM fanbase would actually enjoy, say, Euphonium or Shirobako but refuse to watch them because anime girls are radioactive.

One Punch Man is the type of show that would be a threat to win it in most years. It winning wouldn't really be that much of a statement.

This kind of implies OPM isn't worthy of getting it even in a normal year, which I can't agree with at all.

Narag

Stopped advertising this due to turnout and calling it locked since it's midnight where I am.

It’s that time of year again where our New Year’s resolutions come about and we decide this is the year we finally get to that hole in the backlog we keep putting off. Like last time, I’ll leave this open until Feb 1st and remind people monthly.

Admiral Woofington
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Monogatari series
Urusei Yatsura

Aquawateria
Code Geass
Dennou Coil
G Gundam
Macross Franchise
Most of Studio Ghibli Movies
Monogatari series
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam Unicorn
Millennium Actress
Mushishi
Paprika
Perfect Blue
The Big O
Tokyo Godfathers
Votoms
Wolf Children
Yamato 2199 including the movie
War in Pocket

Cornbread78
Fantasic Children
G Gundam
Kare Kano
Steins;gate

Dedication Through Light
Akagi
Hikaru no Go
Gintama [frst series]
Kaiji
~monogatari
Naruto

duckroll
Mononoke
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Trapeze

firehawk12
Princess Nine

gashikunFLCL
Patlabor TV
Hidamari Sketch
Aikatsu!
Gundam Build Fighters
Kaleido Star
Overman King Gainer
Mujin Wakusei Survive (Planet Survival)

hosannainexcelsis
Ashita no Joe
Fantastic Children
Future Boy Conan
Hare + Guu
Heidi, Girl of the Alps
Hunter X Hunter (1999)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Rose of Versailles
Urusei Yatsura
Votoms (+ Mellowlink)

jgminto
Mobile Suit Gundam
Zeta Gundam
ZZ Gundam

Kenjiglove
Clannad
Haibane Renmei
Spice and Wolf
The iDOLM@STER

madp
Gundam AGE

mature
Code:Breaker
Ideon
Mononoke
Maison Ikkoku
.hack//sign

Metroidprimerib
Gundam Wing
Haibane Renmei
Rose of Versailles
The Big O

Narag
Kingdom S1
Lupin III Part 2
Saiunkoku Monogatari S1
Utawarerumono

nintendoman58
Majin Bone (Upcoming watchbet with Madp)
Mushishi
Ojamajo Doremi
VOTOMS
phoenix296
Last 20 episodes of Cowboy Bebop
Last 20 episodes of Shin Sekai Yori
Last 10 episodes of Mushishi S2
That Gundam thing I watchbet NMAN ages ago
Utena (I promise to finish this one)

Qurupeke
Hyouka
Oregairu
Second half of Shirobako

Russ T
Gintama (75 episodes in)
Space Brothers (62 episodes in)
Lupin III (red/pink/blue)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mawaru Penguindrum
Steins;Gate
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei

Slicesabre
Aikatsu

Sölf
Black Lagoon
One of the EFs

TUSR{/b]
SDF Macross
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Macross 7
Macross Plus
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

wonzo
Code: Geass
Dragonball (allowed to drop if BDs are announced per prior agreement)
Heartcatch Precure eps not yet seen
Lupin III Pt 1
Space Adventure Cobra Movie

Zachdekoromaru
Berserk ‘97 TV
Dirty Pair TV
Dirty Pair OVA
Dirty Pair: Project Eden
Every Precure show not yet finished.

Let’s all commend T✰SR for his bravery.

Grexeno

My top 10 prediction in no particular order:

One Punch Man
Shirobako
Sound! Euphonium
Non Non Biyori Repeat
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Death Parade
Shokugeki no Soma
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Owarimonogatari

Aki-at

Maybe it's because I only just got back into anime in 2014 but I thought 2015 was a good year and I've yet to watch stuff like Working or Death Parade.

Kind of depends what floats your boat I guess, since I enjoy zany jokes more than just drama stuff like OPM, Shirobako and Kekkai Sensen made it a pretty fine year for me.

Fuck, I forgot about Snafu S2.
Oh well.

How could you

hHhhYIA.jpg

Gvitor

Grimgar 01

Another fantasy/rpg anime... but something's different about this one. I liked the more lighthearted tone and the artstyle was great. It also went by quick. It didn't climax (if anything they started with it) and it ended on a soft note, which is kind of weird for the genre, but I for one welcome it. Will watch more tomorrow, hopefully it stays that way.

The huntress girl is cute.

They could've done it without the boob discussion, but then again, anime.

Cornbread78

Evangelion ep.13
Wait, this episode confused the crap outta me. If angels are like a 99.88889999% DNA match with humanity, then how the hell do they turn
into liquid substance super computers?
like, thar was really really weird.

KanameYuuki

Finally backstory on Utawarerumono's world, what a mind blown, I'm quite surprise of how engaging this anime is for me, every episode feels like a 5 minute show and then all I know is that it is over and I want more from it, like the way I felt while watching Mushishi so unlike (as an example) BBK/BRNK were it's been like 7 minutes and feel like 30 minutes passed already and I just want to be done quicker with it but I cannot help it I just love the characters/weapons design : ( it's like browsing through pixiv.

Jarmel

Banned

All you fools should have voted for Andes Chucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom