• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Handa-kun could be fun. Didn't read much of the manga, but it was like entirely about misunderstandings created due to Handa's inability to deal with admirers, or human beings in general.

Link Man

Banned
Acchi Kocchi ep.7-9
This show is just to damn cute. IO is Tsuki's object of affection and love, but she'll never confess, but th fun and games of this group of friends is funny stuff and it's a fun watch. It's not bad to watch a super cute PG anime once in awhile.

Next you really need to watch GJ Club. So incredibly cute.

jbug617

Banned
Handa-kun could be fun. Didn't read much of the manga, but it was like entirely about misunderstandings created due to Handa's inability to deal with admirers, or human beings in general.

It reminded me of sort like Sakamoto desu ga with more comedy and not the swag.

Koyomimonogatari 04

x4QrlXR.jpg
RlufYUs.jpg

Continuing the long tradition of posing in her home for no reason

What the fuck why is Kanbaru's house so massive?

This was the best episode by a long shot so far because it had Chiwa saying "die" a lot. Oh, I guess Kanbaru and the punchline were good too, yeah. Obviously the reason Araraarrarararararararararraargi didn't see his fated one and saw himself instead is because his fated one is Shinobu who is part of himself, duh.

Think on the bright side, if Handa-kun turns out well in reception that could mean getting more Barakamon is possible.

Also Handa-kun is great so I don't see why people should downplay it because more Barakamon isn't happening. We should be happy that we're getting anything that's closely related to Barakamon considering that lots of series have gotten only a season.

Dresden

Alright, once I'm done with Evangelion, I need one more thing to watch before I dig into G Gundam. I'm looking for something (non mecha) with a really good story that is continuous and not broken up into and episodic format. Also, I'mlooking for good character /world and/or relationship development. Come at me GAF Weebo's.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

Skull Man got mentioned here a while ago, could try that.

blurr

Koyomimonogatari 04

What the fuck why is Kanbaru's house so massive?

This was the best episode by a long shot so far because it had Chiwa saying "die" a lot. Oh, I guess Kanbaru and the punchline were good too, yeah. Obviously the reason Araraarrarararararararararraargi didn't see his fated one and saw himself instead is because his fated one is Shinobu who is part of himself, duh.

dayumm, nice to see Koyomi has good Gahara service. Need to start it.

This may be sacrilege but I tried watching more of Fist of the North Star and I'm...not feeling it. I read 100 chapters of the manga and didn't really get a lot out of it either. I can certainly see the influence it has had but that is part of the reason why I don't find myself liking it a whole lot, because it is like the basest, most condensed shonen elements. Maybe this is a case of "Seinfeld isn't funny" but even has a shonenlord I'm not getting into it.

Narag

This may be sacrilege but I tried watching more of Fist of the North Star and I'm...not feeling it. I read 100 chapters of the manga and didn't really get a lot out of it either. I can certainly see the influence it has had but that is part of the reason why I don't find myself liking it a whole lot, because it is like the basest, most condensed shonen elements. Maybe this is a case of "Seinfeld isn't funny" but even has a shonenlord I'm not getting into it.

It's janky, cheap, and sometimes really experimental.like that one time where they just shake the cel. Watch the movie though.

Shomin Sample Episode 11-12

That was...quite a finale.

Shame the maid and the idol get more focus. They needed it.

That said, putting aside some really unfortunate fanservice, this was a pretty decent comedy. The animators clearly knew how to animate comedic scenes well, and the characters were generally pretty likable.
7/10.

Qurupeke

Sorry guys, I've been sleeping. I'm on uni now, so I should be able to start counting the votes in 6-7 hours. Hopefully, I'll finish this today and then I only need the thread and graphics. If someone can help with the later, pm me.

Sorry guys, I've been sleeping. I'm on uni now, so I should be able to start counting the votes in 6-7 hours. Hopefully, I'll finish this today and then I only need the thread and graphics. If someone can help with the later, pm me.

how will I know the burning answer of whether bloodborne or witcher 3 won?

duckroll

LOL. Don't worry about it, not like we're a bunch of unreasonable insane people who are counting every second waiting for the results or anything!

Delays just give me more time to rig the vote...

Sterok

Aikatsu 169

You know, I'm almost surprised Kayako doesn't hold a grudge against Mikuru for dropping out when she was pushing her brand at a level higher than Hinaki will ever get. Well not really, but still. And Mikuru did sleep her way to the top. She's still doing Constellation Appeals? Wow, she's stuck in the past. I have wanted more of these senpai-kohai episodes, so that's nice to see. Hinaki is best when she's wild. Her new song is good, but once again it doesn't even compare to what Sumire brought to the table. Time to see what Akari has up her sleeve. And hopefully Juri as well.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 4

Is anyone watching this? It has amazing watercolor painted backgrounds. I'm not sure where the show is heading though. So far it's just a life of weak people in an mmorpg-like world. I did like how they struggled killing goblins simply because they didn't want to kill something that was cognizant. Though it might get interesting now that (major ep 4 spoilers)
they don't have a healer or a leader.

Jim_West

Neo Member
Hey All! Long time lurker here, I finally decided to post in one of these threads. Over today I ended up binge watching Erased episodes 1-4. I can’t believe how much I am enjoying this series. It’s like a good book you can’t put down.

ibyea

Banned
Hey All! Long time lurker here, I finally decided to post in one of these threads. Over today I ended up binge watching Erased episodes 1-4. I can’t believe how much I am enjoying this series. It’s like a good book you can’t put down.

Welcome!

And yes, Erased is a great show so far.

Line_HTX

Welcome! Enjoy whichever show you want. And I see that everyone's getting into Erased. This show is insane right now.

blurr

Welcome! this place can get scary but don't hesitate to post and yes, Erased is going great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom