• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the scariest aspect of this community when I first joined was all the in jokes among the regulars as it basically isolated the newbies and the more risky images. That's basically gone now though.

Line_HTX

Honestly the scariest aspect of this community when I first joined was all the in jokes among the regulars as it basically isolated the newbies and the more risky images. That's basically gone now though.

I couldn't bring myself to join the fray before September because this place was going way too fast, lol...

There was no way I was going to keep up if I was always 50 pages behind.

Lucentto

Banned
I'm just a lurker, I have been here for years. I've posted a total of like 4 times since 2009.

I'm like the guy in the background, he's always there, but no one ever notices him...

TUSR

Banned
I'm just a lurker, I have been here for years. I've posted a total of like 4 times since 2009.

I'm like the guy in the background, he's always there, but no one ever notices him...
I dunno if that's how the internet works

don't quote me tho

ibyea

Banned
I couldn't bring myself to join the fray before September because this place was going way too fast, lol...

There was no way I was going to keep up if I was always 50 pages behind.

Hah, I actually had the same problem. Thread was just insanely fast back then!

I hate dropping shows from my anime list after watching 4 episodes... but I'm really not giving a flying shit about Divine Gate. My god... NOTHING HAPPENS.

Defuser

I remember when I was the new generation, but that was a while ago. We must be on Third Strike by now.
More like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Dresden got nerfed and Cajun got banned from tournaments and Cornbread got a buff, other than that almost everything is more or less the same.

Line_HTX

More like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Dresden got nerfed and Cajun got banned from tournaments and Cornbread got a buff, other than that almost everything is more or less the same.

Kiritobread got buffed and can one touch death opponents at match point.

I remember when Cornbread was supposed to be the new top poster and somehow it ended up being hosanna.

Line_HTX

I hope Blazblue Central Fiction doesn't get adapted into an anime. From the spoilers I hear it's way too confusing and edgy beyond my understanding even more so than ever before.

nozomi is a different character in season 2

thoughts?

Second best character.

Hopefully that means more of his mother showing up.

Hm... Hope so.

Hey All! Long time lurker here, I finally decided to post in one of these threads. Over today I ended up binge watching Erased episodes 1-4. I can’t believe how much I am enjoying this series. It’s like a good book you can’t put down.

Welcome.

My god, seriously, 4 threads in a season! How did people ever cope with that?! ^_^

Every morning there'd be 10+ new pages to skim through :p

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hey All! Long time lurker here, I finally decided to post in one of these threads. Over today I ended up binge watching Erased episodes 1-4. I can’t believe how much I am enjoying this series. It’s like a good book you can’t put down.
Welcome :)

Grimgar 4
Putting priest as healer and vanguard...
They're not the sharpest tools in the shed, that's for sure. Not really feeling the stills and music during the ceremony.

Sekkou boys 4

Tomokazu sugita made my ear moist

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gate S2 E3-E4

They should probably tae away the license of the doctor who thinks that getting revenge might be an effective treatment for PTSD. Not to mention the fact that he didn't stop Itami from dressing up like the dead guy to humor the distraught girl's delusion.

Erased E3-4

I feel like the MC is not being proactive enough in trying to figure out what's going or stop the abuse. I don't think being in a kid's body should strip him of all agency to affect his environment given that his plan to prevent Kayo from being MURDERED is taking her on a date and inviting her to his birthday party. His whole thing that "well she gets murdered because she's standing alone" seems like a pretty bunk theory - why would he assume it was a random spree killer who just killed whatever potential victim wasn't being supervised?

phaze

Alright, once I'm done with Evangelion, I need one more thing to watch before I dig into G Gundam. I'm looking for something (non mecha) with a really good story that is continuous and not broken up into and episodic format. Also, I'mlooking for good character /world and/or relationship development. Come at me GAF Weebo's.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cornbread78&status=2

Well, it is on my "List" for this year that Narag posted.

If Steins;Gate is off the table than maybe Kyoukai no Kanata ? And no this is not a troll rec, despite its reputation here and the genuinely bad ending I enjoyed it and I dare say you might too.

Shigurui 5

th-thanks, phaze

Oh wow, my stalking campaign actually worked.

Also, you're welcome.
00w1scx.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku dake ga inai machi 4
I'm just gonna parrot everyone. That was some beautiful moment, but of course cliffhanger ruin it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wonder why some places insist on still calling it Sekkou Boys *cough* MAL *cough* when the show itself spells out the name quite clearly.

blurr

Wonder why some places insist on still calling it Sekkou Boys *cough* MAL *cough* when the show itself spells out the name quite clearly.

Japanese reading follows Sekkou/ō in romaji

石膏ボーイズ Sekkō Bōizu (via wiki)

Cornbread78

I remember when Cornbread was supposed to be the new top poster and somehow it ended up being hosanna.

Yeah, damn job taking priority, lol.

Cornbread is Street Fighter IV.

Problem is that I lose my cool my fighters because they get so damn frustrating to play sometines.

Ya'll are probably long asleep, but welcome.

Grimgar 04

Was afraid they will make
Manato's death
like end of the world, fortunately they didn't, which is following the source material.
It just sudden happened, and they still need move forward after that(and get a new healer anyway, well she show up in the preview, finally).

Btw, Mahou Tsukai no Yome anime is happening? we will find out soon.

Grimgar 04

Was afraid they will make
Manato's death
like end of the world, fortunately they didn't, which is following the source material.
It just sudden happened, and they still need move forward after that(and get a new healer anyway, well she show up in the preview, finally).

Well, the director was sort of framing it like that with how overly dramatic everything got.

---

Hmm just started Gintama ep1 and that OP seems quite good.

Well, the director was sort of framing it like that with how overly dramatic everything got.

Compare to what i expected and worried, it's already less "dramatic" than i thought it's going to be, like making
Manato's last moment before death
super long(something like that happened in many shows), or making whole next episode to
"in memory of Manato"
episode(it won't happen according to preview).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom