• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Did people really just think that that was real

right after velox said he had no idea in the SAME POST

zldJMTI.jpg

Why cant a male student like another male :( And its not like he's even done anything beyond blush at his sensei.

This was actually one of the few things that really made me mad. With all the shit that is in anime, getting upset over M/M seems pretty ridiculous.

The only thing that made me upset about this show was that they decided to retry whatever formula they threw together when they made Glasslip.

The Haruta guy is some misogynistic piece of shit! When he reveals his love for sensei he just can't help himself but say sth like "I'm a man so I'll win [in this battle of love]". Now that's what people should be upset about!!11

mdubs

Banned
This was actually one of the few things that really made me mad. With all the shit that is in anime, getting upset over M/M seems pretty ridiculous.

The only thing that made me upset about this show was that they decided to retry whatever formula they threw together when they made Glasslip.

It's weird that the M/M is the sticking point for people, I mean that completely ignores that like we've got 15/16 year old students their 26 year old teacher as the premise of the show. That's the potential alarm bells part for me

Clov

I think it had a slow start but it shows promise. Im hoping its this years Glasslip, it will be really good.

Right when I was considering watching this, you've veered me right away from it.

You know what? I'll wait a few more episodes and see what impressions are like then. I want it to be good. If it's anything like Glasslip though, I won't bother.

Russ T

Banned
I don't understand. I keep clicking on the link but it's blank. There are also weird missing words in your post. It's like you're trying to say something but it's not getting through. What's going on?

goddamnit duckroll i tried clicking on your stupid link like four times before i actually read your post and realized what was going on

EDIT: uhhhh that was an unfortunate typo

---

Anyway I finally got to watch episode Prince of Stride and boy oh boy I love this anime already!

Chindogg

Major LN Spoilers
She's a personification of Satan - who is the mastermind of the entire show. The forward ponytails are how humanity see her horns when she hides in human form.

I have no clue. It's pretty unique as far as character design goes, for better or worse.

I am so fucking happy that I started watching this now.

It's so awful it's amazing.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't understand. I keep clicking on the link but it's blank. There are also weird missing words in your post. It's like you're trying to say something but it's not getting through. What's going on?

What's interesting is the author's comments where she liked stuff like Madoka and Monogatari and so wanted Shinbo to direct it.

Which is kinda odd as those works, of all of Shaft's stuff, seem the most radically different than 3lion. I could understand Hidamari but SZS?

Well should be fascinating to see if Shinbo can pull in the reigns.

Cornbread78

Baka to Test S2 ep.10-END
So, in typical anime fashion, there is no ending, and no relationship advancement past the normal love triangle. The backstory episode on Shouko and Yuuji was pretty good, but that test of courage arc to finish off the season was just ok. Oh well, the series was great fun while it lasted.

HaruChika love triangle reminds me of the love triangle in the early episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura. I wonder if the internet would have reacted the same with that relationship back then.

Also Prince of strides was amaaaazing! Myriad World was fun even though it was quite dumb at the same time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it's the front tails that'll set people off.

Do it. I want to see the bullying.

Haruchika Episode 1
download.png

Uhh....is she okay?

You know occasionally I watch a show that I know isn't very good, but I feel hesitant to call bad.
At the same time, I would be lying if I said the first episode of Haruchika was good.

Shows don't have to be beautiful to be enjoyed, but this episode was just visually messy. (I already talked about the eyes, I failed to notice how the main female lead has hair that looks like tendrils.)
Other characters look better, but they all have this very dull look about them. The CGI is awkward, and the show isn't directed in any particularly interesting way.

download.png

Da fuck is up with that hair? Yes, it always looks like that. This isn't a moving shot or anything.

However, I enjoyed the mystery aspect of the show. It felt reasonably compelling, and the final scene of the episode was somewhat funny.
The first episode doesn't really convey enough about the plot to really engage with, so maybe the show could improve as it goes along.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 1-13

I enjoyed it, will keep watching whenever it starts out again for the second half. Nice to see that not all mech suit pilots are kids and that they're treated accordingly. Also kissing a woman because you think she looked cute, if only it were that simple.

Space Guts wins MVP, followed by Biscuit because when they said his name a lady felt the need to say "that name sounds delicious". Thank you observing lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom