• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
psWpQJB.png

Ah, gross. The transparency gave it a little depth clip in the GAF gap. :p I'll fix it one day, I guess.

kWXbFh2.png

Better, too lazy to add proper shading. It was a fun concept. Good job, team. Everyone did a fine job. Somethings just aren't meant to be. For fuck's sake, it's 2AM go home, you're all drunk,

We give points for trying.

jbug617

Banned
eIVZZiV.jpg

https://twitter.com/trigger_inc/status/684962681757929472

Studio Trigger announced on Thursday that Hiroyuki Imaishi (Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) is directing an original TV anime that will premiere in April on the "Ultra Super Anime Time" programming block. Trigger has launched a "luluco.tv" website for the new series that features the date April 1, 2016, and also features a countdown that will end in 30 days.

The website notes that the work will commemorate five years since Trigger was established. Tigger's five-year anniversary will be in August.

Ultra Super Anime Time had announced last March at the AnimeJapan 2015 event that Imaishi would be directing a new short anime for the programming block.

Ultra Super Pictures launched the Ultra Super Anime Time 30-minute programming block in July. Each season in the block features three series of anime shorts. The first season included Miss Monochrome - The Animation- 2, Wakaba Girl, and Wooser no Sono Higurashi Mugen-hen. The second season premiered in October and featured Hacker Doll the Animation, Miss Monochrome - The Animation- 3, and Kagewani.

The third season of the programming block will premiere on January 8 and will include Sekkō Boys and Oshiete! Galko-chan. The third slot in the block will feature the three following four-episode series: Tabi Machi Late Show, Kono Danshi, Mahō ga Oshigoto Desu., and Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows.

Imaishi's new anime series will premiere as part of the fourth season of Ultra Super Anime Time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-ultra-super-anime-time-block-in-april/.97292

Quasar

Exposing people to Glasslip should be a criminal offense.

It's like recommending Fractale to people.

Also, is anything starting tomorrow?

Well Glasslip was pretty. Just so very boring and no plot. Which I guess in some ways is worse than actively bad.

Quasar

HaruChika 1 - I kind of liked it. Mostly for Haru. He's an unusual anime guy. I do also like tomboys. Is a bit Hyouka like it seems.

jgminto

I'm glad Phantom World exists so I have a new show to judge people for watching, you lecherous cretins. There hasn't been much in that department since Cross Ange.

Instro

Looks better than last season. I'll check out Dimension W, Stride, Erased, Kyoani show, Active Raid, Grimgar, and Divine Gate. Continuing Gundam and Shiroyuki as well.

I'm glad Phantom World exists so I have a new show to judge people for watching, you lecherous cretins. There hasn't been much in that department since Cross Ange.

Hey! I also watch good stuff too, like Kino's Journey and Tatami Galaxy, so it balances out! Now you can't judge me.

Oh god, you're judging me right now aren't you?

Line_HTX

psWpQJB.png

Ah, gross. The transparency gave it a little depth clip in the GAF gap. :p I'll fix it one day, I guess.

kWXbFh2.png

Better, too lazy to add proper shading. It was a fun concept. Good job, team. Everyone did a fine job. Somethings just aren't meant to be. For fuck's sake, it's 2AM go home, you're all drunk,

Who is going to use this? lol

jgminto

Hey! I also watch good stuff too, like Kino's Journey and Tatami Galaxy, so it balances out! Now you can't judge me.

Oh god, you're judging me right now aren't you?
Don't worry, I judge everyone for some reason or another. Nobody who watches anime is without sin.

Also Trigger can fuck off with that "announcement" right there.

They didn't really announce anything. They announced they were going to really announce something in a month.

Taking a page out of Square Enix's book.

wonzo

Banned
wait does that mean the trigger thing will take up the entire block (of shorts)? fuck that

e: oh missed short anime nvm.

Russ T

Banned
Yesssssssssssssssss.

Oh man, I hope they don't go filler ending or anything.

Is that likely?

I sorta stopped keeping up with the manga about half a year ago, but it felt like it was approaching the end. I suppose if they decide they don't want to finish the series... I think there's more content than just two cours' worth? Maybe? Hmm.

Like... I just can't get over the fact that there is a Makoto Shinkai tv series coming out... that's not directed by Shinkai. How am I supposed to feel about that?? Excited? Forlorn? Lost and alone in the world? I just don't know anymore.

Is that likely?

I sorta stopped keeping up with the manga about half a year ago, but it felt like it was approaching the end. I suppose if they decide they don't want to finish the series... I think there's more content than just two cours' worth? Maybe? Hmm.

I've only vaguely followed the manga as well. I think there is enough for 2 cours still.
But that's assuming they want to finish the series I think.

Also, BONES is going to explode.

duckroll

Lol the site changed it to "昨年アニメ化されたが、続編が放送されることも決定している。"

Quasar

Like... I just can't get over the fact that there is a Makoto Shinkai tv series coming out... that's not directed by Shinkai. How am I supposed to feel about that?? Excited? Forlorn? Lost and alone in the world? I just don't know anymore.

And how do you expand that short into a series?

In any case it seems to me like its not going to look as good as something connected to him should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom